QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest dario81
I think that I found the problem - it's the Device Lock function. If you LOCK your device, you will damage your pretty new WM 6.5 ROM build 21176 instalation :( and you have to reflash it ...

1 / 2 / 10 restarts will not fix this problem, because after the restart WM is locked automatically and you just can't UNLOCK it .. can't answer calls and etc B)

and here is my reflash #3 for today :(

i faced the same prob too.. had my phone locked and dat's it..i can't unlock the phone.. i cannot do anything with it..

so i revert back to winmo 6.1 QB06 rom...

Guest sector

version E1 doesnt have this problem because we haven't included the BT audio fix. you can try and let us know if you want. check 2nd post

Guest mynullvoid

Just checking, why Khuanchai ROM got UI like 'honeypot' shape and Sector ROM is plain like 6.1 version. I personaly like the idea not having dropdown menu of Start. I am counting Kuanchai's fix on my concern I raised

Just checking, why Khuanchai ROM got UI like 'honeypot' shape and Sector ROM is plain like 6.1 version. I personaly like the idea not having dropdown menu of Start. I am counting Kuanchai's fix on my concern I raised

hi, you have to go to Start>Settings>System>Large Display then uncheck the "Use Large Start Menu". Then choose Windows Mobile Black in Today menu.

Guest lubo777
i faced the same prob too.. had my phone locked and dat's it..i can't unlock the phone.. i cannot do anything with it..

hard reset have to fix the problem after locking: just pres and keep pressed Talk (Answer) Key + End Key and reset the device - it will ask you if you want to hard reset the device.

Acording to Cutefox this fixed the problem B) if I lock it again I will try it also :( ... yesterday I didn't knew wat's the hard reset combination ... :(

Edited by lubo777

Guest Khuanchai

version E1 doesnt have this problem because we haven't included the BT audio fix. you can try and let us know if you want. check 2nd post

hard reset have to fix the problem after locking - just pres and keep pressed Talk (Answer) Key + End Key and reset the device - it will ask you if you want to hard reset the device.

Acording to Cutefox this fixed the problem smile.gif if I lock my WM 6.5 I will try it also smile.gif

Just to let everyone know that the Device lock/Freezing bug is NOT related to liads's and stevenh's BT fixed procedure as well as any Omnia's files/modules. This has been observed by several people in xda-dev from the first to last WM 6.5 builds with any devices. It is the WM6.5 bug that hope to be fixed in the next version.

lubo777, could you provide us more info on Cutefox?

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest janjan2

First of all I would like to say thanks to all of you with your great and wonderful job.

Thanks to the (Sector, Qbus, Khunchai,PDAViET and all the folks at modaco)cause of your great job our omina is getting more sweet..Titanium and Manilla is awesome..

here I'll post few comments about few applications on the new ROM build 21176 WM 6.5 M2D (thanks khunchai)

1= Omnia M2D build 21176 is great + fast with second=normal WM6.1 today and third=touchflo2D... (thanks Khunchai great job)

2=iGO and McGuider is working fine, GPS is OK

3=WiFi and Bluetooth + BT audio fix are OK

4=Device lock / unlock isn't working well (using su2u )

5= The Main problem is in CLOSE buton. it doesn't works

6=The screen sensivity is fast vs ROM WM6.5 V20B-M2D CHO OMNIA i900 PDAViET

7= internet explorer works with some problem.

8=coming soon (if there is any more )

if you like manilla M2D + honeypot shape menu + Titanium + BT audio fix so this rom is for you...

I personally love sectors rom version E1. he did a great job. (thankz a lot sector)

1= looks great with Titanium + windows mobil black. works perfect

2= wihout BT Audio fix and there is no problem with wake ups.

3= nicer menu with friendly scroll [maybe a bitte slow](thanks Sector great job)perfect

4= WI-FI and Blueooth works fine.

5 = opera + internet explorer works fine.

6= The screen sensivity is fast

7=MSn Money widget works.

8= MSN weather widget works.

coming soon (I will report if there is any more)

If you like Titanium + honeypot shape menu + friendly scroll so sector rom version E.1 is for you.

Thanks again and Keep ur work alwayes perfect B)

Edited by janjan2

Guest gianton

Just flashed Sector's E1 and I am really impressed! Everything working fast and stable. I miss the BT fix but can live without it.

Very well done m8!!!

Eyxaristo.

Guest abunhyan
sector,

Do you use my SYS for this new ROM? If so, I'm sorry missing some fonts in it. You have to copy tahoma.ttf and tahomabd.ttf fonts from IA5's "baselang_0409" and "OS", and cour.ttf font from "shell". This should work. Sorry again about that.

Oh, just a bit too late cause you have already got it working! :(

Khuanchai

Note: For those who need special ROMs (for examples, IA5_M2D with BT fixed or 21176_M2D without BT fixed), I will come back on Sunday and will upload them if I have my upload space left.

Thanks khuanchai really waiting for ur new ROM M2D without BT Fixed bez some people dont use it and i think still there is small problem in wake up when u use the main on-off botton it wakes the phone without light :( and u have to do softrest two times to get back to work :( BUT on other hand NO problem in wake up by using other bottons

SO if u provided ONE like this rom without BT fixed ur ROM will be perfect liKE this one B)

THanks again and if u can at least provide the ROM as quickly as u can i will be thankfull :D :D

all the best :(

Guest mynullvoid

okay... now I just flashed with E1, but I can't use my HeadPhone. Please release the fix as soon as possible.... or are there files that we can copy over to make the BT Audio work?

Guest GodsGift

Anyone else experiencing the following problem ...

If I get a text and then click on the text line on titanium, it goes blank. After that every time I click on one of the titanium items it blanks?

any thoughts?

Cheers,

GG

EDIT - Actually, just had a complete white screen freeze .... AAARGH gonna try and go back to 6.1

:-(

Edited by GodsGift

Guest janjan2

The clock change 1.1.2008 after restart

FM radio frezz without headset connected

.....how to fix this problem? thankz

Edited by janjan2

Guest Omnia-Winker

Just upgraded to release E of the 6.5 you guys have excellently ripped out.

Intial findings are good...

* No errors flashing, nice simple process..

* Fast operation and no crashes so far..

regarding 6.5

I am surprised to see the awful incoming call, and new SMS received bubbles are still there.

However the new honeycomb menu is nice, better than expected.

The Phone Dialer is still there, without a full screen option!! MS ohhh MS

The new finger friendly menu is nice and easy to navigate though, I have not used my stylys on it so far. which is good, as the 6.1 is very stylus hungery...especially with my fat fingers..

Guest Omnia-Winker

I noticed in a screen shot the slide to anser full screen incoming call.....

how do I achieve this?? I still get the awful bubble at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks in advance

Update. I found it.. the device has to be locked.

anyway to achieve full screen incoming call all time, or just when device is locked?

Edited by Omnia-Winker

Guest new2city

It's it only me but have anyone finding the start button failing to work anymore.. I just flash E1 a few hours ago and it seems that the start button won't bring up the honeycomb menu anymore.. I think it happens when you close the menu without selecting any program. So far only a soft reset will enable it back..

thanks Sector!

Guest mikecw

Hi All...

Just a quick update on my previous posts re active sync and exchange mail (see posts above). Still experiencing problems, but I don't seem to be the only one. Found this thread at xdadevelopers, where they're developing 6.5 for use on various HTC devices. This particular thread relates to development on Fuze / TouchPro http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ync#post3348422 The issue seems to be isolated to those syncing with Exchange 2003 (E2007 seems to be fine) For me, I like Khuanchai's latest rom, and I'm living with the lock issues by not locking the device and instead using the power button to "sleep" the device. However, the sync issues mean the rom in it's current development is not usable for roaming exchange email.

As an aside, they seem to be experiencing Microsoft censorship of 6.5 rom builds - seems MS are getting rapidshare etc to delete hosted roms. See page 1 and the last couple of pages of the above link. How long before they get to us?

Mike