QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest sector
dear sector,

thanks very much for your great works. they are really mavelous.

as this is my first time enter into the net. discussion forum, i am sorry that i have wrongly posted my question somewhere in the site. i am really sorry about this.

Actually i hope that you can solve my problem. I have flashed your latest rom 21728 tonight and have a problem on the jbend. the jbend (java) in your previous roms is great and i used it for reading the bible (downloaded from go-bible) but when i reinstalled it tonight after flashing your new rom, it keeps saying "load VM failed", what does it mean? is there anything wrong ? should i need to go back to 21725? <_<

racrac

no worries.

try installing this one: http://rapidshare.com/files/240422543/Esme....5.1R2.cab.html

Guest cYbeR_In

Hi.... All

i have doubt

i am currently using the SECTOR'S R1 lite relies it is amazing

but i tried to reinstall the original Singapore rom .... but it says your firmware is already the lattest

can some one say how to install it......

Thanks in advance

Guest Michelle My Belle
Hi.... All

i have doubt

i am currently using the SECTOR'S R1 lite relies it is amazing

but i tried to reinstall the original Singapore rom .... but it says your firmware is already the lattest

can some one say how to install it......

Thanks in advance

Esentially, 'Grop' has already answered this - look near the top of this page (Post #4964).

...And someone stop/tell me if I've got this wrong, but all you need to do is: -

1. Load an older custom ROM - in your case should not be a problem since most of the custom ROM's are based on 'Singapore' and you want to 'flash' an original (current) Singapore ROM.

2. 'Flash' the official ROM afterwards... I think (in your case) it's that simple but as I said, someone stop me if I'm spouting a load of garbage ;-)

Guest anpu

hello!

I downloaded and flashed my Omnia with R1aL and it work great! good job!!!

but there us one thing that I don't know how to setup, and that is the puctures of contacts!

How can i add a picture to a contact so it is displayed when he/she is calling me?

tnx for the help!!

anpu

Guest xXJohnXx
hello!

I downloaded and flashed my Omnia with R1aL and it work great! good job!!!

but there us one thing that I don't know how to setup, and that is the puctures of contacts!

How can i add a picture to a contact so it is displayed when he/she is calling me?

tnx for the help!!

anpu

Hi there <_<

I always copy my contacts to Phone.

Thats from sim to phone.

You can also move them all from sim to phone but when you flash again back up first or copy them back to your sim.

When your contacts are on the phone then you can add all info you want :)

Btw if there is faster or better way plz say so.

And correct me if i am wrong B)

Ltr :D

Guest anpu
Hi there B)

I always copy my contacts to Phone.

Thats from sim to phone.

You can also move them all from sim to phone but when you flash again back up first or copy them back to your sim.

When your contacts are on the phone then you can add all info you want :D

Btw if there is faster or better way plz say so.

And correct me if i am wrong :P

Ltr :D

tnx for the answer! I'll try it now <_<

if there is any better way, ye, plz tell :)

bye

Guest bundia

when i click on the ccom wifi settings .. if give me "option1" "option2" and each got these 2 .exe files .. what is that ?!

cause after i choose option one with the first exe file the wifi doesnt work .. i am reflashing hope it fix it ..

anyone got any ideas ?

reflashing fixed it <_<

Edited by bundia

Guest David Cher

how to enable msn weather on the front page ? i removed the titanium weather on the front page

the accuweather i cannot select Singapore

Guest neilgf
how to enable msn weather on the front page ? i removed the titanium weather on the front page

the accuweather i cannot select Singapore

Where in Singapore are you? Code should be ASI|SG|SN---|SINGAPORE for accuweather.

Guest zha50
Checked and no problem here when i push the hardware button it wont open the call

i have to slide to answer my call or slide to ignore guess thats how you answer in new screen :)

So no phone history here that opens <_<

Just flashed to R1aL, and when getting an incoming call, new slide screen appears, but pressing hardware answer key doesn't 'answer' the call. It brings up the 'last call' screen with the 6 recutanglar buttons on the bottom. There is them no key to answer because the only call function key is 'END'. You end up having to hang the call, then call back to wait and use the slider. It it a bug with the R1 or just my phone?

I did a HR right after flashing as well. Didn't have a problem with M3 which was what i flashed from.

EDIT: It is strange, just stopped doing it after i posted this. Hardware key now answers if you tap the screen one then press it.

Edited by zha50

Guest schi

HI...

I just flashed R1aL ROM and installed MS3 but the battery is drain very fast compare with previous ROM.

Is anyone having the same problem? How to fix this problem?

Guest Mike178

Hi,

titanium weather is not updating automatically according to the intervals.... i checked all the settings but stil not updating, i have to run it manually........ i think i will flash back to 21725 it was very stable and didn't have any issue with it and wait for a newer rom...

Guest Aroboy II
HI...

I just flashed R1aL ROM and installed MS3 but the battery is drain very fast compare with previous ROM.

I think you need to charge your phone a few times before the battery life is stablised. I also just flashed into the new lite rom and can last about 2 and half days. Before reflashing, it was about 3 days or more.

Guest Aroboy II

Pardon me for spoonfeeding. Any kind bros here got better cab file for keyboard. Quite boring with samsung keyboard and also the keyboard.

Samsung keyboard keys are so big that occupied almost 1/3 of the screen whereas the keyboard is so small.

Guest Masta92
tnx for the answer! I'll try it now <_<

if there is any better way, ye, plz tell :)

bye

Contact SIM = classic infos (number)

Contact Phone = detailled infos (pictures, adress, notes, etc...)

Guest Masta92
what are the chances of having a m2d lite rom sector? i luv yr roms but not a fan of titanium..

just have to DL the M2D cab

Guest SnoopyDog
but the battery is drain very fast compare with previous ROM.

Maybe an issue of this zylonite battery driver (?) Here on my phone it shows funny values sometimes. How can i remove it, if it causes problems?

Before i used 21232 and there the battery leasts for 3-4 days and i played a lot with the phone. When i drive the car i have bluetooth on always and i frequently use the Omnia to listen music in the car. At home i often have WLAN on and checking mails, playing with Twitter and so on. You only should switch 3G off, this eats of battery power (but this is a general problem with the omnia).

Thanks again for a new ROM <_<

Does anyone know how to save and restore email account settings? Are they also stored in the PIM database? Takes time to enter them after every flash.

Edited by SnoopyDog

Guest Masta92
HI...

MS3 is a great battery leecher so....remove it <_< ... my only solution

Guest z3ntn3l

Hi all and of course, first i want to thank Sector (and the others) for this fantastic Rom! This is the best Rom i ever flashed on my Omnia.

But i have some Questions:

I'm Member of a large german Mobile-Phone-Board and there are many Members who are using this Rom. The english System-language is not the Problem but the Pre-Installed Tools like Block/Letter-Recognizer and the Pre-Installed english Version of Voice Command is a Problem. There are reported Problems with installing the german Version of Voice Command because of duplicate english Version.

I think there are not so many People who are using Block/Letter-Recognizer (Transcriber is the best of course) and maybe its possible to remove them in one of the next releases?

Since R1, Favorite Hackings are removed. Some users reported that Advanced Config is missing the "Enhance Screen Sensibility"-Option and they are thinking, that they have a worse Screen-Sensibility without activating that in Fav-Hackings. Can this be true ?

I'm not sure if you already know this because reading of the 250 Pages in this Thread is too much for me ;-)

Several users reported that they have Problems with Manila2D. All the other Today-Apps (SPB MS 2/3, Pointui2...) are ok but M2D is crashing quite often. Any Info on this?

Thank you.