QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Mothamoz

No reply to my question <_< I'll ask it again..

i hear people asking about so called ''phone parts''.

as i am trying to learn more and more about the mobile phone scene, and just flashed my omnia aswell with this ROM, i wanted to know this.

So; what is a phone part and what can you do with it?

Thanks in advance!!

Guest hxkclan
No reply to my question <_< I'll ask it again..

i hear people asking about so called ''phone parts''.

as i am trying to learn more and more about the mobile phone scene, and just flashed my omnia aswell with this ROM, i wanted to know this.

So; what is a phone part and what can you do with it?

Thanks in advance!!

A Pocket PC has a Phone part and a PDA part, These 2 together are usualy in a (standard) firmware package.

As the phone part only takes care of the the ''calling/signal strenght etc.'' itself, its not really neccesary to upgrade everytime with these winmo6.5 roms.

Most people upgraded to a ''standard'' firmware before already and have the latest phone part because of that.

The PDA part contains the Operating System. The roms from sector only contain a PDA part, so your phone part will stay the same as the last ''standard''firmware upgrade you did, and the PDA part upgrades.

Edited by hxkclan

Guest sector

Also the eboot.nb0 the bootloader partition, at least for Omnia.

There is also another thing the customer.csc which is like an "addon" for the phone.

====

Back to our subject <_<, dammit 21806 is out lol.

Anw u will get it soon i guess

Guest Masta92
Sector pls in next ROM don't increase pagepool, we still need our RAM )))

Rectification : YOU still need YOUR ram!!!

For my part, I dont care...

Guest SnoopyDog
Do anyone experience lock-ups while having phone and wifi power management OFF? I had it like that and my phone went to standby while connected to wifi. It never made it back tongue.gif I had to remove the battery.

I also had this VERY rarely. But not with this specific ROM. It happened 2 or 3 times with an older ROM. But i didn't had to put out the battery, just pressed the "Reset" button. There is also the problem that you can not switch off the WiFi power saving mode.

@Mothamoz: Either you have a standalone "phone.bin" file and flash it with Grandprix or you look here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...07-dxid1-qb07m/

and flash this version BEFORE you flash sector's ROM. Then you will have a DXID1 phone version as well <_<

dammit 21806 is out lol.

Uuups, gettin into flash-mania *haha

Second edit: Have to correct my statement some pages before: after a second charging my battery seems to behave like in the older ROM. Not discharging faster than before. I think i watched this behaviour already before, right after i flashed my phone. Seems as if the battery controller has to "learn" about the battery... So if we talk about battery leaking again, it's better to wait for charge cycle no. 2 or 3 :)

Edited by SnoopyDog

Guest sector
Sector pls in next ROM don't increase pagepool, we still need our RAM )))

i will make 2 versions <_<

sector are u coming out with the new rom 21806?

from which planet are you? :) kidding buddy. of course i will!

Rectification : YOU still need YOUR ram!!!

For my part, I dont care...

extreme speed for you my friend B)

Guest Downloaderz

Just wondering, did the increase in pagepool affect the camera in any way? Because sometimes even on your old roms, I get the memory low error when trying to run it.

Guest sector
Just wondering, did the increase in pagepool affect the camera in any way? Because sometimes even on your old roms, I get the memory low error when trying to run it.

never encountered this.

do u keep many applications open when u use it?

Guest fane

Trying now your latest one Sector and i must say that i like the way the phone behaves with your pagepool settings.Its really faster now.The thing i wanted u to add is the kinetic scrolling in all pages like file explorer.In Kc rom i found it more faster without making that weird noise when u scroll.Please check that ok? Thanks

Guest sector
Trying now your latest one Sector and i must say that i like the way the phone behaves with your pagepool settings.Its really faster now.The thing i wanted u to add is the kinetic scrolling in all pages like file explorer.In Kc rom i found it more faster without making that weird noise when u scroll.Please check that ok? Thanks

how to do that? <_<

Guest Higgins12

I think all you have to do is install the FTouchSL cab. Don't activate it just install and you done. Kinetic scrolling everywhere. Works for me at least.

Guest fane

Ok no problems.I think i broke my record locking satelites in igo8.Good job sector very fast lock maybe less than 10 seconds <_<

Edited by fane

Guest thePuck
So anybody can say to me is this rom really more faster vs older versions?

It's! Titanium work's much faster then in previous versions, but U should wait for NEW upcoming ROM

Guest SnoopyDog

I think this kinetic scrolling should be an option, not the default (?). If someone wants to install it, he/she can do it... My oppinion

Guest Mothamoz

Hi again guys!

I've got a question :) The Titanium, is that enabled by default or do i have to enable it by myself?

And about that kinetic scrolling, what is kinetic scrolling? <_<

Thanks!

Guest SnoopyDog
Hi again guys!

I've got a question :) The Titanium, is that enabled by default or do i have to enable it by myself?

And about that kinetic scrolling, what is kinetic scrolling? <_<

Thanks!

Titalium is enabled by default. It's the user interface you see on the first page.