QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest ghost82
Okay, thanks snoopy :)

And what is that kinetic scrolling thing? it sound interesting, but dunno what it is <_<

Kinetic scrolling is the built in software that allows you to use your finger to scroll up and down a page without using the scroll bar. Like when you are reading a long text message, viewing a web page or browsing your programs.

WM 6.1 did not have this built in so Samsung created their own version for the Omnia. This works great but with WM 6.5 the microsoft version is much better. To enable it as default download FTouch SL, install it but do not enable it (turn it off in the options) this overwrites Samsung's version.

Guest ghost82

Hi Sector,

I don't mean to be pushy or anything but do you have an estimated time scale for releasing your next version T1?

I don't have the time to update my phone twice over the weekend, so I can either do an update today or tomorrow morning.

I am running an old version at the moment so I want to update it while I can (I think I'm still on M3)

Many thanks

Guest _GMC_

hey sector, you're lame! where is the next version? I'm waiting now for a few hours!!

... just kidding <_< ...

Hi Sector,

I don't mean to be pushy or anything but do you have an estimated time scale for releasing your next version T1?

I don't have the time to update my phone twice over the weekend, so I can either do an update today or tomorrow morning.

I am running an old version at the moment so I want to update it while I can (I think I'm still on M3)

Many thanks

YOU dont have the time to update twice? omg .. but sector has the time to cook a new rom for you, isnt it??

maybe you should let it be ...

Guest Mothamoz

Hey sector!

that was quick <_< i just downloaded the new rom and the 0413 NLD Dutch Nederland MUI pack from your kitchen aswell,

i wonder, how to install the mui pack?

Guest ejoya

has anyone notice a delay with outlook email and sms?

it seems that when i open my email in the built in outlook of my omnia and try to finger scroll.. my tap will be delayed. I always need to tap and hold for 1 sec or 2 then slide it.

Another thing i noticed was when you click on an sms message and the softkeyboard pops out, the scroll bar works as it should, but when i try to minimize the softkeyboard and try to put it up again, the scroll bar will be stucked in the middle hence you cant read the last message you received. Im also experiencing the delayed response just like the outlook mail when i press scroll..

tried it on 212xx and now 21731.. both same results.

Guest vinbeaver
has anyone notice a delay with outlook email and sms?

it seems that when i open my email in the built in outlook of my omnia and try to finger scroll.. my tap will be delayed. I always need to tap and hold for 1 sec or 2 then slide it.

Another thing i noticed was when you click on an sms message and the softkeyboard pops out, the scroll bar works as it should, but when i try to minimize the softkeyboard and try to put it up again, the scroll bar will be stucked in the middle hence you cant read the last message you received. Im also experiencing the delayed response just like the outlook mail when i press scroll..

tried it on 212xx and now 21731.. both same results.

Haven't had the issue with SMS, but have had the issue with scrolling in Outlook on the Omnia. It's actually quite annoying, if someone figures out how to resolve it please post.

Guest bundia

god !! i flashed and slept .. woke up to find another rom .. !! <_<

and i am just addicted to flashing the new ones .. i think i'll go with the 18mb t1 ..

but anyone knows any program to backup everything .. like the settings and all .. cause ppm just take the contacts and msgs etc ...

i want something to backup the settings .. takes alot of time to do it all over again

sector .. ur superman !

Guest sector
Hi

When you say with 18mb not to have many background apps, how many are we talking? Can I text and listen to music (win med. player) at the same time?

Thanks.

P.S Am I right to flash your 18mb ROM now or are you planning anything new in the near future (2-6 Weeks)

Thanks again!

Jophster.

yes you can do it.

Guest sector
god !! i flashed and slept .. woke up to find another rom .. !! <_<

and i am just addicted to flashing the new ones .. i think i'll go with the 18mb t1 ..

but anyone knows any program to backup everything .. like the settings and all .. cause ppm just take the contacts and msgs etc ...

i want something to backup the settings .. takes alot of time to do it all over again

sector .. ur superman !

spb backup works perfect!

Guest ghost82
YOU dont have the time to update twice? omg .. but sector has the time to cook a new rom for you, isnt it??

maybe you should let it be ...

I was only asking the question, if the answer would of been sometime next week then so be it, I would of used S1

2nd post updated 21806 --> T1Lite 18mb pagepool size.

Another version with 14mb is coming.

Thanks Sector, going to download in a minute

Guest ejoya

actually the sms scroll bar problem will only take effect if you minimize the soft keyboard then click it again.. im pretty sure everyone is experiencing this..

yes the outlook email is really annoying.. i dont think it's slow because even with small emails im encountering the same problem with the same length of delay

Guest chap
There you go..

I was just copying it to my PC as I'm going to flash back to 6.1..

Just rename it to .tsk

Hi Dominik,

Can i know how to flash back to the original 6.1....

Guest manupuerto

Hi Sector!!!

Congratulations for your effort and job!!!

I would liko to know if you are plainnig make a normal rom with the latest one...

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Sorry for my english...

Guest Urbi

I'v flashed S1L but I can't open txt... What program is to open normal txt files not docx because I know that is MS word for doc files... Can someone upload a cab for txt files... ?

Guest Urbi

Someone help please I need open txt on my mobile fast... What's the program that before opened all txt files... Please help me because I need for my bussiness?