QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Loves... try to understand the SIMPLE FACT: That bloody OS (WinMo 6.5), ain't bloody OFFICIAL! It's only a damn beta... Have you seen an OFFICIAL WinMo 6.5 and bought it?! Therefore, Sector is a bloody WIZARD, taking a BETA product and creating an AMAZING build, like this "Hera" Rom!

OF COURSE they would be quite few problems in everybody - or some lucky cunts, will NOT face problems, damn them!

Anyway... the bottom line is this:

DO NOT EXPECT a fully remarkable/stable Rom... untill Sector will work hard on it - which is a NOT FINISHED OS, it's a bloody BETA, like I mention above!

The Sector's work is marvelous! If you ever installed a Sector's Rom (for instance, "Zeus BlackLite" - best ex-ver. to me) and you install THIS very new one ("Hera"), it will blow you fuc**ng mind this Rom! It's totally a new thing; try also to... paint your phone with an... acrilic color and this is it: A NEW PHONE uppon your hand!

So... HAVE A BLOODY PATIENCE! And... be SECTOR's BETA testers!!! THAT'S how Sector-lad is working better and is finishing his work: by OTHERS' OPINIONS!... But, don't asking "mirracles" in a bloody day or two!

Cheers, Sector-m8. Can't wait your new entry, lad!

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Guest xXJohnXx

Relax lupus ;)

Whe know how hard Sector and all the chefs works.

I can only speak for my self ( but i know there are alot out there who do the same ;) ) when i say i respect all the work he make.

I never ever could make a rom that even starts up my omnia :angry:

I have come to learn the ways in what the Chefs have to put in there work ( a hell of alot free time :D )

I hope i have not offended you or any 1 else ;)

The magic thats being provided here in the rom,s of the great Chefs is a privilege that samsung can not give their users.

For that i thank all of the Chefs, because my omnia would have being long gone by now

For now thx for all the goods the chefs have giving us.

The make the difference for my phone .

Respect to all B)

Guest justin_du_6.7

Hi sector,

the latest update is great, but I was not the icon for the weather and nothing NeoTitanium vibrates when I'm in vibrate mode I do not understand ... a little help?

thank you and great work!

Hi, sector!! I'm using the 23009 M2D rom. Hahha! Its gr8. But i cant seem to lauch the HTC album which is included. i've alsotried to install it as a cab. Both seem to not be able to launch. when i touch on the icon it jus highlights the icon but noting happens.

manage to get it running after 2 times of soft reset.

Thank you

Edited by hwwr

Guest Koofteh
So... HAVE A BLOODY PATIENCE! And... be SECTOR's BETA testers!!! THAT'S how Sector-lad is working better and is finishing his work: by OTHERS' OPINIONS!... But, don't asking "mirracles" in a bloody day or two!

Ugh, nobody is being impatient... I think most who are complaining know it's not Sector's fault but Microsoft's.

You don't think it's a little odd that in the previous builds it looked nice and mostly everything was stable, then in 23022 they mess everything up and make certain things so ugly? We know it' s not Sector's fault, but this is a bit of a weird situation since Microsoft seems to be working backwards at this point.

It would make sense if the current additions and tweaks were not intended for 6.5 but a later version of WinMo, but as far as we know they're still tinkering with 6.5 which is weird because in the latest builds it definitely seems like they're moving backwards in some respect. People are complaining that this isn't stable and bla bla because the earlier version of the same beta looked more like a finished product.

So yeah, don't get all uppity for no reason. This situation doesn't make a lot of sense, and I think it's normal that people are confused when they upgrade their OS only to find out it worked better before.

Guest Cutefox
I agree that the new UI is quite unattractive... personally I was fine with the previous soft keys. I never had any trouble pressing those, just occasionally missed the X button up top.

Has anyone figured out a way to edit the new UI a bit? Like at least removing the gray buttons and making them transparent? I don't understand why Microsoft made it so ugly, bigger buttons are fair enough but how does having an ugly gray button instead of a transparent area make it more finger friendly?

try to use older wm6.5 themes. i did that with classic blue which i saved from the last rom i had.. and it made the buttons transparent despite having the ok button still below.. at least it looks cleaner..

sector i do have a problem of my titanium loosing the function of using the optical to go up and down and pressing red button to go back to the cclock.. i had disable titanium, resets it as it hangs when i try to disable, then enable titanium again.. i always had to do that when i lose that function.. gets quite annoying when i had to do 10 resets per day.. i am wondering if anyone else having that problem too??

Edited by Cutefox

Guest Koofteh
try to use older wm6.5 themes. i did that with classic blue which i saved from the last rom i had.. and it made the buttons transparent despite having the ok button still below.. at least it looks cleaner..

Will try it when I flash over to the new builds... I tinkered around with the scrollbars today so I'm hoping I can do something with those buttons as well.

It would be swell if you could share a screen shot so we know what it might look like with transparency. Thanks!

Guest dario81

hi guys,

did u notice anything odd with the SMS.. i mean.. the cursor is all over the places.. not at the right position..

is this the problem that sector has been investigating on now?

Guest Cutefox
Will try it when I flash over to the new builds... I tinkered around with the scrollbars today so I'm hoping I can do something with those buttons as well.

It would be swell if you could share a screen shot so we know what it might look like with transparency. Thanks!

i'll try to get a screen shot.. but it just looks like same as the older build we got.. except the buttons which are transparent is abit off to the right to accomodate for the invinsible ok/X button on the left.. its only visible when u got an app running of course.. but even that the icons is distorted, jus as long u know that is an ok/X button..

the battery on this also jumps eratically at times.. i reset it a few times and one time it jumps from 25% to 50%.. then it goes down abit by bit.. finally rest on 24%.. it only happens after reset on certain occasions as well.. but if lasted me one day easily without email running though..

another bug which happens few days ago and i couldnt replicate it again recently is the sudden blanking of camera.. i am trying to take a foto and suddenly it just blanked out and hanged.. red button brings me back to the today screen sometimes but mostly i had to soft reset.. i do hope next one is better..

i do love what u did so far sector.. its all the buggie msoft build to blame i think..

Hi QBUS & Sector,

First of all thank you very much for all the wonderful work u guys do.

I have a request when can we expect the 3in1 version with m2d.

Also if possible is there any cab for manila which i can install over ur rom 23025

Thanks

Guest aridoasis
Anyone with problems writing sms in this last rom? write 5 words and go back to beginer of sms! Sorry my english....

Thanks Sector

Great work

Same here. Also, they key press will lag when typing sms. (after you press, it will take input only after another second or so)

Guest dreezone

Hi guys... First of all I like to thank you all for for the hard work for this valuable and awesome ROMs.

Edited by dreezone

Guest dreezone

Hi guys... First of all I like to thank you all for for the hard work for this valuable and awesome ROMs.

I am currently using 23025 (FULL) - Released on 11/08/2009Version Hera_Full ROM. It is quite good for me. There is a small difficulty I am facing. That is when you are in a call you cannot increase the volume just by pressong the hardware volume up button. You have to select the taskbar and then increase the volume.

Is it a bug or I am not doing something correctly?

Your help is appreciated....

Please don't confuse the reporting of bugs as criticism of either the chefs or indeed microsoft. I was under the impression that the whole point of beta testing was to find out what works and what doesn't and to report accordingly. This is precisely how the OS can be improved in its next release.

My thanks to all that make all this possible.

Guest Harboe

I love this rom, the new finger friendlyness is very nice. The only problem is the text / input lag / delay. Anyone found a fix, reg hack or something like that, or will we just have to wait for the next great version. :-)

Guest xxxzenxxx

Hi,

regarding this rom DXID1_23025_Hera . i find the messaging is very lag. and the screen sensitivity is not very good, as it is quite laggy . need to press the screen slowly b4 the word will appear if i click it too fast the letter won appear. i hope there is a solution for this.

i tried using touch pal, finger keyboard, and samsung keyboard all of them stated is very lag.

appricate your good work alot. thanks pal. :D

but i hope there is a solution to the problem stated.

regards,

zen

Guest Nicklashidegard
Hi,

regarding this rom DXID1_23025_Hera . i find the messaging is very lag. and the screen sensitivity is not very good, as it is quite laggy . need to press the screen slowly b4 the word will appear if i click it too fast the letter won appear. i hope there is a solution for this.

i tried using touch pal, finger keyboard, and samsung keyboard all of them stated is very lag.

regards,

zen

All the typing / Touch problems is in the build so there's not really anything to do but to wait for the next one.. :angry:

Hopefully there will be a bug free (-ish) touch friendly build soon, but there seem to be a lot of experimenting going on at the mo..

Guest d-ranged
Hi,

regards,

zen

I have noticed this with all shokka9 and Khuanchis latest roms so its definetly a microsoft problem.

Guest nbsobre
Does anyone have this problem when writing sms that the cursor goes to the left??

Same with me (using Hera), at SMS the cursor points back to the start of the message after pressing the spacebar... but then goes back to the end if I started typing a new word... only a little annoying but hope it can be fixed...

As a whole, the rom is sooo wonderful..THANKS Sector.

Guest xxxzenxxx
All the typing / Touch problems is in the build so there's not really anything to do but to wait for the next one.. :D

Hopefully there will be a bug free (-ish) touch friendly build soon, but there seem to be a lot of experimenting going on at the mo..

Oh i c hahaz. will wait anxiously for the next one. cuase the previous version make my msg part very laggy. the typing part was fine. but the message thing itself is very lag. hahaz. just some feedback hope it helps ;) :angry:

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Ι have an ODD issue... I've "flashed" an official english Rom, alright? I've install several progs. ONE OF THEM, the AutoLock Screen 1.7C (and D ver. afterwards) that my dear Sector is using in his Roms.

WITH NO WAY I can't set it, to appear when I'm pressing the "Cancel Button" to lock!!! Instead, the phone's JUST locking with the usual way - a button "Locked" on left bottom to press it and another button to uppear in the middle of the screen!

WHAT THE HELL I'M DOING WRONG???

Guest wudangnic

Thank you for your hard work Sector!

Does anybody had problem setting up the pocketrar on this ROM?

It does install and open, but cannot access the bar icons on the file and any-other from bottom bar. It just make a beep. When I push the keyboard and push again the keyboard it doesn't show the bottom bar at all.

Any idea?