QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest hakeemy_007
haha... this rom is a joke, right?<br /><br />its more buggy then anything else lol<br /><br />u cant type rly fast with the keyboard. <br />u cant shutdown ur wlan sometimes. <br />btw there is no non static weatherpanel icon on the left for me.<br />its lagging very bad :x<br /><br />so its just a test os now.. im going back to old release.. this is just looking good hehe.. like windows vista.<br /><br />but thanks for ur work..<br /><br />waiting for new build.. this is a joke hehe

what... :angry: are u implying that other people's hard work is a joke...come on man... a bit of respect might be good...cheerrss

it's even free of charge...IMHO... :D

Guest Dj Lukas

I've install version 2 of 23034 buid with neo titanium and like in older build most of apps in settings/system aren't working for me. Please help me, tell me why.

In Khuanchai_IF1_23034_ULM2DL_PP6 everything works fine, but here doesn't. Why? Am I doing something wrong?

Guest ronaldb3
Get666 may I suggest some grammar school before you post?

He's obviously a Troll as no one could be that rude by accident. Some of the problems he mentioned might be true, but they have been noted already in a more constructive way. Or I guess he could just be really young and didn't get his pab yet.

(creeping up on your 5th star I see)

Ron...

Guest ronaldb3
So far so good, Love the ROM.

A little off topic here. Heard u guys talking about backup like SPB and sprite. May i noe is that one way to prevent urself from having to install all the program cabs again when flashed to a different ROM? cause everytime i Flash to a new ROM i had to install all the cabs one by one again.

:D

Check out and search for Sashimi - here, google and for sure youtube.

Ron...

Guest ronaldb3
ah ok, thank you :-)

but i miss the old way to drag the cards :D

+1

Really strange for M$ as Solitaire was originally way way back for to teach newbies how to use the mouse/stylus for drag and drop.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

+1

Really strange for M$ as Solitaire was originally way way back for to teach newbies how to use the mouse/stylus for drag and drop.

Ron...

I didn't even know about that but it's a fun fact.

And yeah I'm slowly sliding to a 5 star rating after all I have to catch up. :D  

Apologies for the OT.

Edited by bpivk

Guest Michelle My Belle
haha... this rom is a joke, right?<br /><br />its more buggy then anything else lol<br /><br />u cant type rly fast with the keyboard. <br />u cant shutdown ur wlan sometimes. <br />btw there is no non static weatherpanel icon on the left for me.<br />its lagging very bad :x<br /><br />so its just a test os now.. im going back to old release.. this is just looking good hehe.. like windows vista.<br /><br />but thanks for ur work..<br /><br />waiting for new build.. this is a joke hehe

With regards to the non-static weater icon on the left, perhaps you forgot to set your location ;)

Pehaps you forgot to connect to the internet... :D

All the ROMs here are for test - this is a R & D thread - the chefs create some tastey dishes and we get to test and feedback our findings - not to mention that we get to see M$ development of 6.5 - which I might add, will never appear on our Omnia's officially (did you hard reset a couple of times after flashing :angry: ?).

Your comments are 'sound' (generaly) but you need to consider how you convey your comments - it's easy to whine about what's wrong - but it would be more constructive if you explained properly, how you came to your findings.

btw I have not had a single problem shutting down wlan, nor any lagging. This build is quick, much quicker selecting and moving through panels than previous builds ;)

Love,

Michelle My Belle

Guest sector

I wont spend my time answering you. You are very rude.

Please stop spamming every post with this and in capitals.

No changes vs 23034. I wont make a new rom with this.

Guest SnoopyDog

Flashed V2 of this ROM and it works VERY good :D And if you can read (in this thread) you are also able to get rid of the MS caused tap delay bug :angry: Even no problem with WLAN (using it very frequently, also for testing VoIP).

The original 23037 ROM seems to have a time bomb btw...

Sector, ignore people writing nonsense. I really love the latest 23034 ROM. No problem so far.

I only accidentially scratched my touch panel 2day after ~ 1 year of using my Omnia. This is what annoys me ;) Hope i don't need to exchange it. s*** happens...

Last edit: forgot to say thank you, sector!

Edited by SnoopyDog

Guest mr fantastic
ah ok, thank you :-)

but i miss the old way to drag the cards :D

Have you tryed to reinstall the cab ?

In last khuanchai rom after reinstall it, i was able to drag & drop cards

Please stop spamming every post with this and in capitals.

+1

No changes vs 23034. I wont make a new rom with this.

This is a "bad" news, anyway ... is a news

Thanks for your work

Guest Morad kassem
Here it is

Thanks a lot, but please advice do i just copy it to windows dir & soft rest, :D

Thanks i did past the file you provided into the windows directory & works fine

Edited by Morad kassem

Guest ronaldb3
I only accidentially scratched my touch panel 2day after ~ 1 year of using my Omnia. This is what annoys me :angry: Hope i don't need to exchange it. s*** happens...

Last edit: forgot to say thank you, sector!

Hi snoopy,

Touch panels are getting real cheap on ebay now. I swapped out mine and noticed a little improvement in touch response. (Maybe just in my mind :D ) Pretty easy to install with picture instructions available by googleing.

Ron...

Guest Cutefox
i got a different bug.. this is the original titanium v1 im on now.. i cant seem to find the hold volume down button to light up the flash.. im sure it was there in the neo titanium.. i need this useful function.. any fix sector?

Hey sector.. any solution to this part? basically if u look in the personal/buttons in settings, you wont find the tab for the hold volume button for torchlight anymore..

Cheers Sector..

Guest elhamy201

SECTOR im really looking forward for a new rom , im having many troubles with the current one

the auto rotation mess up the today screen , arabizer is not working im not able to read any arabic messages , the WIFI sometimes enable itself and i must reboot couple of times to be disabled , i cant fix the tab delay even after installing FTouch

i really appreciate your precious time and effort you invest in cooking these wonderful roms

Thanks again

Guest Get666

hrrr OKOK sry Mr Sector :D ^^ maybe i sound a bit rude because i needed my phone and it was lagging :x dont know why. if i deactivate my wlan it automaticly set back to active :X now the wlan switch seems to be ok. maybe wlan have to set up some things to get rdy for full use. but i had that the first time with this new build.

-the weatherpanelicon was for sure not a big problem (btw thx love-michelle^^), but i needed my phone and... so on :angry: sry for that .. know its ok.. dont know why..

and btw .. its not ur fault ;) shokkas latest build 23034 did the same weird things.. thats why im switched to urs.. and because of the integrated neo titanium^^:PPP (titanium never wanted how i wanted^^so im glad to get a rdy to use titanium^^)

anyway.. after a few restarts it all works fine now :x it seems to be ok now. maybe its the storagecard or something else which have to initiate or something after flashing. anyway.. i thought its the new build ;) maybe its the new build.. but i dont know^^

thx @ Michelle My Belle

for the great tip to update my the weatherpanel xD

its working now lol

and yes my phone (not me) did ca 4-5 restarts after flashing. why? is there anything u want to tell me^^?

and the problem with the keyboards are still present. i mean i cant type the same letter fast in a row.. in preview builds i could do that.. if u know what i mean :X i switched btw from Shokkas V17 rom to this current build ;)

sry again and big thx to u Sector^^

i always appreciates such a great work .. btw i like the start/shutdown animations B)

sry for ma english^^

Edited by Get666

Guest amahfouz
SECTOR im really looking forward for a new rom , im having many troubles with the current one

the auto rotation mess up the today screen , arabizer is not working im not able to read any arabic messages , the WIFI sometimes enable itself and i must reboot couple of times to be disabled , i cant fix the tab delay even after installing FTouch

i really appreciate your precious time and effort you invest in cooking these wonderful roms

Thanks again

i couldnt get arabizer to work with sectors ROMs but it did with khuanchai's, something's different, try em out, theyr quite good too

Guest Morad kassem

can you please provide me with the startup & shutdown animations of windows vista for the build 23034 & advise where to put it cause i lost it while i was messing around trying to change, and i forgot to back it up. :D

Hi, i am experiencing WIFI problems with the 23034 ROM neo titanuim. sometimes when isoft reset my phone, the WIFI cannot be turned off. The only way to off the WIFI is to soft reset the phone again. Might wanna look into that :D

Overall really an awesome ROM.

Guest Psayco
Mp3 dont work with SMS tones. Only .wav. There are many mp3 to wav converters free on web. Ask uncle google.

Hi Sector i know about this, but the Files are wav Files. They were only displayed whenn i copied them to /My Storage/My Documents but not in /My Storage/My Documents/My Ringtones. but in whiche Order ever,no sound were played and no Vibration or something else. I looked into the registry and change the Option from the SMS Notifaction but nothing hapens. If i change the option to 6 ( i think it is vibration) nothing hapens but the checkboxes are activated.

But if i ignore this Bug the rom is one of the nicest i ever had! It react fast and the Design ist awesome. I Love it. Like the others Roms from you!

Guest mmaster12

Mp3 dont work with SMS tones. Only .wav. There are many mp3 to wav converters free on web. Ask uncle google.

mp3 on sms is working. I have WM 6.5 Omnia (ENG) ROM Version Hera Full DXID1 23025 by Sector Phone PUIE1. mp3's is on My Storage\My documents. It's working. Sorry for my english. :D

Guest ferrari85

I have my mp3's stored in My Storage/My Documents; i'm able to set them as sms tones and they worked normally with incoming sms's (ie. it rings when sms comes in). I'm using Athena w Neo Titanium V2.

As for the wifi cannot turned off bug, so far i haven't encountered it in Athena v2. If my memory serves me right though, i did come across the bug while i was in Y1 rom a while ago, but it very very rarely show up.

Guest leoms17
I only accidentially scratched my touch panel 2day after ~ 1 year of using my Omnia. This is what annoys me :D Hope i don't need to exchange it. s*** happens...

Have you tried this thread?

It did the trick for many users here. Some people are talking about poor sensibility after a month of use, I've had mine since june and no problems so far!

Good luck!

Guest onecino
Hi, i am experiencing WIFI problems with the 23034 ROM neo titanuim. sometimes when isoft reset my phone, the WIFI cannot be turned off. The only way to off the WIFI is to soft reset the phone again. Might wanna look into that :D

+1