QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Bojan Kseneman
any way to install these roms using windows 7

I've tried using Virtual Windows XP but active sync wont synchronize

any thoughts?

You obviously need to install omnia xp drivers, mount your phone to win xp(you should make a perm mount, since it does some reboots while flashing and you will get a bad flash if you don't do that). I always install in linux via virtual machine, so you should install on win 7 too.

My compliments on this fantastic new rom. Truly the best one yet by lightyears!!

Question:

I noticed some panels were removed from the home screen of the original titanium version (Email, text, voicemail). I managed to get the text panel back using chome editor.

However, the Email panel appears to have changed. When selected using Chome editor the CEmail appears as 'favorites' on the homescreen. When selected it is blank/empty. The CMessages panel (as an alternative) misses the proper icons (i.e. it shows the red cross) and it has a messages page which I don't want -as I already use the Text panel.

I really liked using it. Hopefully someone has some suggestions on how to get this right?? I just want the panel -with the proper icons- directing me to my outlook/hotmail folder directly.

Thanks in advance.

For the rest a superb piece of work!!

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Wow, you want a medal there or something :) If you are tired of answering to stuped posts then ... just stop doing it :)

Jesus Christ... You CONTINUING the HUGE STUPID comments, are you? It's in your nature, I suppose...

Well, I guess I can make an exception for you...

I WANT... BY DEFAULT... WITHOUT ANY MANUAL CHANGE... TO HAVE OTHER IMAGE AS BACKGROUND, THAN THIS MANGA GIRL!!!

Now... is your brain GOOD enough, to understand NOW, what was my point in the previous post?

If NOT, don't bother to answer; you "proved" me your... wittiness already!

Hi sector,

first of all: Thanks so much for you work so far!! have been running 2 of your wm6.5 roms now and never had anything to complain about!

But now then, i installed your newest rom (23047) and everything is working more then sweet here. Just one thing annoying me: When you scroll, and let it "loose" (so not directly guiding it with your hands) it makes that very annoying samsung beep sound per scroll! It was gone for a while, but now it;s back in this ROM. Is there a way to kill that sound? its very irritating hearing that beep every second while scrolling thru your contacts list for example.

Hope hearing from you soon,

Greetz and many thx from Holland!

Go start menu -> settings -> sound and notifications -> uncheck events (warrings, system events)

Guest Crazy Dutch
Go start menu -> settings -> sound and notifications -> uncheck events (warrings, system events)

Hmm, it didn't work for me. Let's be clear what i mean: when your browsing your contacts (or other list) and you give it a sweep, the page will continue to scroll up/down. Doing so will result in a beeping sound everytime it hits the next contact! This was on my omnia by default, but was gone in my previous ROM from Sector (dunno which one, somerwhere june i reckon).

Here's a new question about this very good ROM. By default we have this chick as background. Now i don't fancy her, so i changed themes to black something. Really cool but: i still get this girl when i get to the locked page. (waking your phone, and i set it to auto lock on wakeup.) Is there a chance that i can change the background here aswell?

For the rest, haven't encountered any problems at all. just some minor things like i stated above.

Note to other people: I was fond off spb mobile shell. But with this build you get a new Menu/START button. It's no longer on the left top corner. it's now in the left under corner. SPB mobile shell (3.0.1 tested here) doesn't work with that. In other words: you can't reach your menu/START button from the home pages in SPB!

grz

Edited by Crazy Dutch

Guest Crazy Dutch
message and sms have a problem,keyboard remains in screen aftar u see or reply sms...

I didn't encounter this very issue. Have been sending quite some SMS today, but I never had this keyboard hanging problem! Maybe you've messed up the keyboard settings? Which one are you using anyway? I'm using the Samsung keyboard since i find this new one very, very cool and very efficient in typing aswell!

Hello All,

I flushed DXID1_23047_Artemis_TitaniumNeo_v1 rom and after updating my location in weather panel, i'm getting a big red 'X' instead of any weather icons, how can i fix this ???

Guest lupus_hegemonia

My dearest "G" (Sector).

I have my... wife "flashed" in my OMNIA (Artemis, she is too! Hahaha!) and here are my first comments from a full day use:

Pros

------

1. This build looks really good & stable, far better than the others - as good as the good impression "Zeus" gave me when released.

2. GPS, Network, signal etc. are looking way better; although, a Rom is 40-50% responsible for them - a good radio makes a lot of difference.

3. No serious lags/bugs.

4. Good visual improvement.

5. Great sound quality.

Cons

-------

1. There are SOME lags in some menus - for example, in Samsung keyboard. I've install your GR/ENG .cab, it fixed most of it - not completely. Or, in other menus when you pressing the "OK" button and such... there are some secs you waiting.

2. Few visual faulses, like in Samsung settings menu (both, menu & submenu shows together), some buttons are small (and the text bigger), in the Honeycomb the .png that indicates what you pressing is in OTHER icon than the icon you actually pressing... etc.

3. The wallpaper maybe is beautiful (I love Hendai/Manga graphics), but DOESN'T "working" properly with the panels' text or the Honeycomb icons' descriptions.

4. Battery life is improved but STILL... last quite little than other 6.5s.

5. I STILL believe that "new"... "original" Titanium (with different layout - buttons on lower taskbar) is NOT BETTER/MORE USEFULL than the "Zeus'" old "original" Titanium.

6. There STILL is that SMS report bug issue.

Improvements

------------------

1. Definitely, you NEED to replace that default wallpaper. I'm not talking about the STYLE (Manga) of it, but for the COLORING of it! TOO - WAY TOO! - white color, very bright, doesn't helping a bit the user. You need a REALLY-REALLY DARK one. Are you like THAT Manga girl? Fine... Send it to me and I'll edit it to you more dark the whole concept (with - let's say - dark red hair, not black)...

2. You need to "play" more with the RAM's use of the Rom. Still, I've checked a "fresh-flashed" Rom of "Artemis" without any extra installed progs and there is about 43-45% of use, with the phone idle. I think, you could drop it bellow 40% - let's say 37%. (Probably it's about the pagepool's size? I don't know).

3. As you made so great visual improvements, why don't you replace that "simple" PIN pad in the start and especially, the "classic" upper taskbar's icons with more interesting/beautiful ones? And you need to fix that visual issues as I mention above.

4. You may "play" more with the battery's life too... I know, we've talked about that issue, but I think it's probably the TOP1 con of your Rom, my good friend. With a regular/common use, in one day (of fully charged phone), I've lost the 30-35% of it... Not quite impressive, isn't it?

5. The Rom is fast/stable, but not as much as YOU (I'm sure) like to be. So... get rid some of the "extras", m8.

6. Can you get rid completely the start-up's settings and entering immediately in the PIN pad screen, when you first "flashing" the Rom? There's no use of them, actually.

More or less, that's my first impressions of "Artemis"...

Do be honest, "Artemis" is BY FAR BETTER that everything you made before... except "Zeus UltraLite". From my part, "Zeus UL" was more stable, m8. I'm guessing, it's all about the new "layout" of "original" Titanium. Am I right?... So, why not TURN BACK and use the "old"... "original" Titanium, my friend?

Anyway... My good friend "G", you're ALWAYS SURPRISING us with your great work... and your bloody SPEED!!! So many builds, in so short time!

HAIL TO "SECTOR"!!!

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Guest lordmorgul
Hello All,

I flushed DXID1_23047_Artemis_TitaniumNeo_v1 rom and after updating my location in weather panel, i'm getting a big red 'X' instead of any weather icons, how can i fix this ???

Have you set the location correctly? Eg. for my city, it's EUR|PL|PL015|POZNAN. You can get the codes from AccuWeather.com, just type in your city and copy the code from the address bar.

Guest jonboyuk
between touchsl and touch response, which one to install? or is there a need to install both

Just FTouchSL as it is important to enable the awesome Win 6.5 finger scrolling over the crappy samsung alternative;

Touch response is a program to provide haptic feedback on every touch. However when the COM4 series of WM6.5 leaked out, there was a notable delay between button presses. Some bright spark found that installing touch response fixed it.... however it would seem that some are reporting that this current build doesn't need it anyway. Install it only if you are experiencing slow button pressing! :)

Edited by jonboyuk

Guest copperfield
Jesus Christ... You CONTINUING the HUGE STUPID comments, are you? It's in your nature, I suppose...

Well, I guess I can make an exception for you...

I WANT... BY DEFAULT... WITHOUT ANY MANUAL CHANGE... TO HAVE OTHER IMAGE AS BACKGROUND, THAN THIS MANGA GIRL!!!

Now... is your brain GOOD enough, to understand NOW, what was my point in the previous post?

If NOT, don't bother to answer; you "proved" me your... wittiness already!

My brain is good enough and I am answering to you couse I got your point from your previous post, complicated as it was!

Dont shout to somebody who you never met before and has not shouted at you, its not polite! Calm down and take a chill pill. I am not wrighting a stuped comment but I am ironizing your unsettled and childish behavior and unprovoked arrogance with which were filled almost all your comments so far and this way I am pointing and dissagreeing with the way you express your self here in this forum! About the changing of the wallpaper, well I've really been witnessing here some strange requests but yours seems to be one of the most unreasonable and dummest requests I've ever seen! Are you the allmighty god and you should have everything now and the way you want it ?!?! Find another way to release your inner pressure and complexess!!! I will not answer any of your forthcoming comments, if any, couse I argue only when there is a point and with you its just a waste of my time! Have a nice day.

PS: Yes I am not an english, I am bulgarian and I dont have issues with my country! Which I dont think is of your "bloody" business!!!

PS2: Think about how right you are when you call somebody "stuped" for pointing out to you that is to early to comment on the battery life of the rom when it just got released today :):O:O , while in the same time you critisize others that are giving info of bugs on roms the same day the rom got out and further encouraging them to test the rom for couple of days at least and then to report :):O I guess that your problem is, like we call it in my country, that you have not found your match yet! Or maybe you did and theres where the anger comes from! Get a life and stop tyranizing people!

PS3: Kissing sectors ass really is not impressing no one I am shore! :) And I am sertain that this is not the way to show your gratitude and admiration to someone if you really mean it! Shame on you

Edited by copperfield

Guest Crazy Dutch

hi guys /sector,

continuing on the latest ROM, i installed Taskbar Elite. as stated by sector, this should work. Well it does! But here's the thing: I don't like it, so I want to get rid off it.

Too bad that it doesn't show up in the installed programs list! Does anyone know how to get the original taskbar back? Is it that program/files sector posted in his starting post aswell?

much thanks in advance!

Crazy Dutch

Guest ridhasdi
Just FTouchSL as it is important to enable the awesome Win 6.5 finger scrolling over the crappy samsung alternative;

Touch response is a program to provide haptic feedback on every touch. However when the COM4 series of WM6.5 leaked out, there was a notable delay between button presses. Some bright spark found that installing touch response fixed it.... however it would seem that some are reporting that this current build doesn't need it anyway. Install it only if you are experiencing slow button pressing! :)

I've Installed ROM 23047 and I didn't install FTouchSL nor Touch Response and THe touch response on my omnia works exellent...and I don't see any problems with the touch response...

Guest hakeemy_007
Hello All,

hi there PD...go to weather panel..>menu>display and select "condicons" in Type of Icons..(after updating u weather) :)

cheerss...

ps: anyone can help putting default windows sms in qbus autorotation "whitelist"..thanks...

Edited by hakeemy_007

Guest dj_delta

Ok, here's the thing, I flashed the phone today with the latest rom, but sad to say, I'm pretty dissappointed.

So first thing's first, you got yourself overcomplicated, why in God's name would someone change the sistem volume nob(the thing you rotate) skin? from that beautiful skin in Zeus rom to something so ugly and "chromed"(don't make it gypsie keep it simple)/

Second I recommend pre installing the finger suite cab, as it will save a lot of time in trying to fully make omnia finger friendly.

Third and the most annoying is that when I enter the "on-board" number pad for dialing a number I'm missing the button to go to contacts, and I don't mean the list with the small names, no, I mean the one that's from samsung. I really don't like hacking xEenohP (read backwards) to have a decent way to get from phone pad to contacts and back.

Psyched about getting the front camera to work, really impressed with that, and the pre installed wow audio codec.

Oh yeah and one more problem, you see, you moved the start button down, but I always install samsungs main manu cab cause I don't want my friends to think it's over complicated(maybe I'll sell it to one of them, just joking) and I remove titanium and it dosent write the full Main Menu soft key title.

And what about that nasty taskmanager, I think the one in Zeus was better, you know the one that wrote Showcase above the runing programs and please, please remove that freak Task switcher, who wants it, give them a link.

Apart from that, very stable, I like the fact I can now order my honeycomb the way i want, the sound is killer, and all the neat cool things, oh, and btw can you hook up the roms with nimbuzz ( real time IM ) cause it's a hasttle to always search for it, the UI lockscreen is killer even if i liked the original 6.5 this is way better.

Oh yeah, the skin, can you lose the circles around the windows logo and soft keys? keep it simple (whe don't have chromed hummers, we have beautiful phones(can I get a AMIN? :) ))

Romania loves ya guys so keep the roms coming cause we keep on eating what you guys cook with the occasional loooong feedback.

Good luck, and thank you for doing such great work.

Edited by dj_delta

Have you set the location correctly? Eg. for my city, it's EUR|PL|PL015|POZNAN. You can get the codes from AccuWeather.com, just type in your city and copy the code from the address bar.

i think he hasn't selected the icon set in 'display settings'..