QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Here's a new question about this very good ROM. By default we have this chick as background. Now i don't fancy her, so i changed themes to black something. Really cool but: i still get this girl when i get to the locked page. (waking your phone, and i set it to auto lock on wakeup.) Is there a chance that i can change the background here aswell?

If you want to change your theme wallpaper to something that is not included in this rom, just save a 640x640 image of choice in my pictures, press and hold and select 'set as home background'. That worked for me as I didn't fancy the manga chick either.

Btw; in my opinion a few of the past posters should contain their enthusiasm somewhat and slow down on the 'wishlists'... I understand everybody means well, but requests like "This is ugly and that should be round and this looks way better in yellow.." are really worthless for this forum. Its far more useful to be a bit more constructive than just to focus on the cosmetics of this build.

Guest alphatech

Been using the 23009 rom with the samsung black dialer , but the 23047 when revert to samsung dialer seem to have a vertical scroll bars that cause the dialer to move up and down and block partial of the button. Is there any fix ? :) I love the 23047 GUI better than the 23009 and I want a big dialer like the original samsung one.

Guest Crazy Dutch
If you want to change your theme wallpaper to something that is not included in this rom, just save a 640x640 image of choice in my pictures, press and hold and select 'set as home background'. That worked for me as I didn't fancy the manga chick either.

yes! thx, it worked out indeed! too bad tho, i kinda liked the background that came with the black theme. Now im totally manga chick free :) :)

Have you set the location correctly? Eg. for my city, it's EUR|PL|PL015|POZNAN. You can get the codes from AccuWeather.com, just type in your city and copy the code from the address bar.

yes i have used the same data and the city code i'm using is "ASI|IN|IN002|HYDERABAD"

XT9

Anybody having a problem with the Samsung keyboards when they are set to XT9?

After soft reset everything works fine, so when typing a SMS XT9 word suggestions come up for you to select.

Leave the phone for about an hour.

Try the same thing, typing a SMS on one of the Samsung keyboards and the XT9 word suggestion window does not pop up anymore.

It is still suggesting words in the background but the window where you would select them is gone.

A soft reset cures the problem for about an hour.

Has anybody found a solution for the XT9 settings window yet? Settings/Personal/Input/Samsung Keyboard/Options. Click on any of the XT9 buttons in the menu and you get screen corruption.?

Thank You

Guest livingwater

Btw; in my opinion a few of the past posters should contain their enthusiasm somewhat and slow down on the 'wishlists'... I understand everybody means well, but requests like "This is ugly and that should be round and this looks way better in yellow.." are really worthless for this forum. Its far more useful to be a bit more constructive than just to focus on the cosmetics of this build.

Hi, can you tell me how to change the picture background in the start menu too? Because I did your advice and the background just change in the 'today' menu. And if i rotate the phone into landscape mode, the bg is not tiled. But if i pressed the start button, the bg still the manga chick, and when i lock it, the bg also still the manga chick. Anyone can tell me how to change all the bg? Thx

Guest Michelle My Belle
Hi, can you tell me how to change the picture background in the start menu too? Because I did your advice and the background just change in the 'today' menu. And if i rotate the phone into landscape mode, the bg is not tiled. But if i pressed the start button, the bg still the manga chick, and when i lock it, the bg also still the manga chick. Anyone can tell me how to change all the bg? Thx

There's a trick to it - courtesy of dddrko (so credit goes to him for this).

Select the new skin while the phone is rotated (horizontal) and then when finished you'll see it in titanium and the settings screen.

A variation is ... select the new background picture then rotate device 45 degrees and wait for the phone to display 400 x240 mode. Then press the 'tick' (ok) to keep the new background and you're done.

Alternatively, after selecting your new wallpaper and saving, turn your Omnia 'off'. When you turn it back on the background image is in all menus and Titanium.

:)

Michelle My Belle

Guest Michelle My Belle
Where is program to customize positions of neo theme?

I mean chome editor..? I cant find it in programs..

You can download it from Sector's "6.5 goodies" thread. Install it to 'My Storage' and you never need be without it again :)

... no matter how many times you flash :)

Michelle My Belle

Guest hakeemy_007

hi guys...

has anyone encounter the same thing..or just me. :)

i can't turn off my omnia using the power button...everytime pressing the button it takes me to the start menu screen..i notice this happens when the invisible htc task manager not responding..i.e: when you click on the upper right digital clock only the new pop up taskbar coming out...i hope u got what i mean..(bad english here.. :) )

no biggie..coze when i reset the phn it becomes normal again..the on and off thing...pls suggest...

cheerrsss...

p/s: checked the button in setting option..everything in order..

hello everyone,

i flashed 23047 ,i have rout66 navigation installed,but it doesnt startup,there is bug in 23047 which may stop route66 to load,please suggest me anyone.

1.And also i need excellent themes ,pls provide me links.

2.can i have a cab file for one button recording of voice,instead of going to notepad.

3.best touch game links.

thank you

everyone

Guest pokocenje
can someone upload the wallpaper of the white anime girl in a jpeg form? For some reason I can't get her back using other themes.

Thank you

Dude try going into settings>personal>theme and just pick a theme colour and apply new settings then see if its changed back to the original. Ihavent tried it on this build but on 23409 i used to do it like that to reset the original picture. Ive got everything perfect now so i dont want to try it out and mess my settings up.

Let us know if it works as many people are trying to reset the original background.

Cheers

Guest pokocenje
What a crappy rom with ulgy theme , slow performance

I tried a few roms, new and old.This one is by far the smoothest and best performing for me.

Ive used other roms where ive had the same idea as you but others have said that its the best rom out there. Not sure whether it depends on each phone as it seems performance varies, but you must look at what your running as far as apps go and the golden rule for me with Windows mobile is to keep ending all tasks in task manager frequently to keep it running smooth.

Each to their own. If you dont like it change it.

Thank god for people like sector who give us quality and the opportunity to change roms as we please.

Good luck.

Guest punkmonkey1984
I tried a few roms, new and old.This one is by far the smoothest and best performing for me.

Ive used other roms where ive had the same idea as you but others have said that its the best rom out there. Not sure whether it depends on each phone as it seems performance varies, but you must look at what your running as far as apps go and the golden rule for me with Windows mobile is to keep ending all tasks in task manager frequently to keep it running smooth.

Each to their own. If you dont like it change it.

Thank god for people like sector who give us quality and the opportunity to change roms as we please.

Good luck.

Good point, Sector does not have to make rom's for us he could just make them for him self, not forgetting that he has to work with the builds M$ releases and some are not that good people like carlos san or what ever, need to understand this if he dont like it,

So Shut up your option is not worth the space in this fourm as its useless and non-constructive to anyone, you fall to mention why it was slow and why its ugly !!!

You are by far one of the biggest d*ckhead behavior in the forum.

6 posts newbies complaining about roms. Go cry somewhere else and not in my posts or in somewhere else.

You get warning for bad attitude and disrespect to the author and the users helping achieving so far.

Carlos Sun you deserve worse than a warning, lots of work has been put into all these releases and the results are very impressive.

-------------------------------------------------------

On another topic, I have just flashed to 23047 and would like to know if it would be recommended for me to also install TouchResponse and FTouch - from the first post?

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Μy dear "G", I found another issue to be fixed. There STILL is in "Artemis", like the rest last Roms you made.

The problem with the "third-party" input/keyboards.

I've installed the SPB keyboard, one of the best/useful from my part... and when you trying to make your settings (and to REGISTER the product) and you pressing the button "Settings" in the Keyboards' menu (in Settings), the Rom's just... freezed!

You can't be able to do the settings, in several keyboards, except Samsung keyboard and I think Blimkeys keyboard.

That's it...

Guest ronaldb3

Hey guys, he obviously a TROLL :) so don't fall for his bait. Just give him no comments back now that he's been revealed and he will just slither away and die. (my guess is that he didn't even flash and doesn't know how)

Ron...