QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest nhojnayr

questions:

after installing this rom...

1. why does my battery icon keeps on changing?..it is not accurate, there is an instance that there is only 1% battery remaining then all of a sudden it'll return to 59%. is there a solution for this?

2. the zoom function by double clicking in some applications like opera and skyfire is not working even after installing ftouchsl. how will i enable it again?

Many Thanks for sharing with us the hurdles that are involved in producing your superb ROMs Sector. I for one, am more than grateful, and appreciate the time that you put into producing these excellent ROMs, perhaps it is also because I also like your taste in the graphics that you include in your ROMs. In-other-words I love your 'fully clothed' ROMs and their clothes. Thanks.

me 2...but its because of the new layouf win6.5...we schould wait for new updates of the programms

It would be a big improvement if the bottom bar had an "auto-hide" option......perhaps in a later release!? :)

XT9

Anybody having a problem with the Samsung keyboards when they are set to XT9?

After soft reset everything works fine, so when typing a SMS XT9 word suggestions come up for you to select.

Leave the phone for about an hour.

Try the same thing, typing a SMS on one of the Samsung keyboards and the XT9 word suggestion window does not pop up anymore.

It is still suggesting words in the background but the window where you would select them is gone.

A soft reset cures the problem for about an hour.

Has anybody found a solution for the XT9 settings window yet? Settings/Personal/Input/Samsung Keyboard/Options. Click on any of the XT9 buttons in the menu and you get screen corruption.?

Thank You

This bug has been present for some time now (maybe in all WM6.5 roms?): just use the optic pad to cycle through the word suggestions and the window'll come up on your screen. No need to soft reset!

Screen corruption here too, but it doesn't keep me from choosing what I need, so I consider it a minor bug.

Guest SleepyHellow

Does Fingerkeyboard work in this build 23047? I've a German version of it where it don't work (also not the version from side 1 with fix).

Thanks,

Edited by SleepyHellow

is anyone having the notification problem with emails? I don't get any sounds.. tried different sounds assigned to emails, however nothing.. I get the screen notification though.. using Artemis with Neo Titanium v1 ROM.

Guest Crazy Dutch

I discovered a major issue on this ROM! Well major.. it's just not too usefull :) :

I've been using this ROM (23047) for a few days now, but now i found a problem with the battery display.

It seems to vary from fully charged to critical battery all the time. I even got myself a crit. battery alarm with a 49% battery displayed.

It does seem that these alarms are for real, because soon after that report my phone went dimmed and soon after dead.

I hope you can do something with this information Sector, (and am I the only one with this problem??) because it seems it's only the display in the taskbar.

just for info, apps like Igo 8 work proper, GPS fix seems to be a bit faster then normal, SMS/alerts are fine, and besides SPB mobile shell i haven't encountered any lay-over issues.

Will keep you updated on any other good/bad things.

P.S. I kinda like the menu on the bottom! Takes some time getting used to, but I like it!

grz,

Crazy_Dutch

Edited by Crazy Dutch

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Yes thank you but just to clarify some things that many users might not know.

The roms im making are almost full in Titanium panels. What does that mean?

Most of the custom panels (coffice, system status, clinks, weather etc etc) work with MortScript scripting language. This is not a native WM language like C# (C Sharp). The negatives for this is that the compiled code is slower than the native one. Also most of this scripts run in startup to read some values from the registries for example System Panel reads every 10 seconds from reg to check for how much ram,space you have left. CComm checks again if WiFi, BT, Flight Mode are ON/OFF. This lags the rom.

If you need and still nugging :) , i will remove these panels so that you get a faster feeling from the rom. A perfect rom cannot exists as much as all of us like it. It is the nature of the man that makes the software. It will contain errors but it will still run in a decent manner. Of course we try to improve.

About the wallpaper, i can change it to what the most want. I can have my manga girls private on my phone :) !!

About more visual enhancements. I just dont have the time to make roms every week or days and also fix all the visualization of the rom. It is very simple and im going to modify smth if i have the time.

Thanks to all the guys here that work on GUI of roms KRadd, Jeffrey, nikosxri and so on (you know who you are :) ).

About fast, stable and so on. I mentioned above that removing things i like and others will improve speed and battery but it will make the rom naked. I dont like naked roms (only ladies ;) ) but i will make for the sake of the public sacrifices, as i always do. I will make my private roms just for me then.

This is my answer on the reports :) , i hope i made clear some things and im always happy to hear from you guys.

Thank you lupus for taking the time to make a nice report, im always reading what everyone says.

I dont mind if you comment the roms, but the previous inappropriate bad behavior from that user just really pissed me off, which im not that type. I respect all of you in here and i think you should respect also the work of others, whatever it is.

Take care

Cheers, my good friend "G".

WHO BLOODY CARES ABOUT F*CKS LIKE THIS TW*T, THAT HE WROTE YOU WITH THAT C*NT BEHAVIOR???????????

Why, my m8, you pissed off? Personally, I don't give a damn for "ants" like these pr*cks!

Anyway, back in business...

SO... THE MAIN problem seams to be... Titanium itself??? That's bloody awful, 'cause I really like that damn U.I.! Gee... that's crap. I'm really like Titanium, as you do, m8. And OF COURSE, I'm talking about the PANELS!... So, I'm NOT agree (as you did, for stability) with a 6.5 Rom WITHOUT Titanium (an "extra-Ultra-ultra-Lite" Rom). Indeed, a fully "naked" 6.5 Rom is... just a 6.1 Rom with a different core, which is not what most users lookig for. So... I guess you MUST adding panels as much as THEY ARE IN REGULAR USE! For instance, to me, a good list of Titanium Panels are: System Info, Notification (all in one like, SMS, email, calls... etc), Clock, Favorite Contacts, AddApplications, Weather... and maybe Music, Photos, Voice/SoundControl (we can "live" without the last three panels). ALL THE REST panels, can be added manually from each user.

About the wallpaper (Manga), who said WE DON'T LIKE IT? We do (I am)... But it's WAY TOO WHITE/BRIGHT and doesn't "working" nice with the panels' texts! I can't see a bloody thing - white texts... white background!

About the visual improvements... I gave you "open-letter" from my part; I can help you big-time, as a pro illustrator/CG designer I am.

About stability & battery, as I also said, I don't think most of the users want "NAKED" 6.5s Roms, but AS MUCH AS you can remove something that "eating" battery or makes lags, that whould be great. YOU KNOW, you're our favorite "cooker", we're trusting you.

Bottom line comment... If, my beloved Sector, this NEW cores with this NEW Titaniums ("Original" & "Neo) having serious lags with the panels & the languages (C Sharp), F*CK IT! Go back to the OLD-OLD Titanium, the very FIRST that came with the first 6.5s! Why don't you doing that? I can't recall a SINGLE lag from Titanium, in the good-old "Zeus UltraLite", my friend!

My experiance from "flashing", as I told you I'm "flashing"/testing new Roms... THREE per a week (!), is that as much as we "going back" we finding out that the OLDER cores of the 6.5s were MORE STABLE & better!!! That's prity much odd, for a software; generally, the NEWEST versions/cores MUST be better, but that doesn't happent with MS WinMo cores! At least, that my experiance... So, my guess & humble advice to you? GO BACK TO OLDER cores! If the new "mashine" looking bad, go back to the good-old one and work with that. That's my opinion.

Again... RESPECT & HONOR, my friend! Your "followers" (me, in Top-5 of them!) are respecting & believing in your good work.

Cheers - and gimme a bloody PM, m8! I've missed you... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

This bug has been present for some time now (maybe in all WM6.5 roms?): just use the optic pad to cycle through the word suggestions and the window'll come up on your screen. No need to soft reset!

Screen corruption here too, but it doesn't keep me from choosing what I need, so I consider it a minor bug.

Thank You for the suggestion.

For me it was a major functionality problem and not a minor bug. Big fingers so I need XT9 to work easily and flawlessly.

I flashed to Nicklashidegard HIDE4 23047 and after 12 hours the bug has not reared its head again with the XT9 suggestion window.

The XT9 settings though under input in personal also shows corruption but at least I can type my sms easily again.

Thanks for everybody that works so hard on these ROMs

Cheers

Guest jonboyuk
Does Fingerkeyboard work in this build 23047? I've a German version of it where it don't work (also not the version from side 1 with fix).

Thanks,

It works fine unlike the previous build.

Yeah i think am gonna stick with this rom until final release cos this rom ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!

If you have problem with rom then is a phone problem and no the rom lol :)

thank you very much Sector for your good work :)

I find that using fingerkeyboard with the XT9 patch to re-enable the microsoft spelling suggestions is best. They are very finger friendly indeed!

Good suggestion but I prefer the Samsung Phonepad as it has the biggest keys.

Have tried fingerkeyboard with the patch that disable XT9 and enables MS word suggestions but it did not work for me.

The patch made no difference and did not enable it.

Found the patch on XDA in the Fingerkeyboard thread.

Cheers

Congratulations sector

The UL (although I would have like it lighter) is excellent.

The rom rocks is very stable and now we got better speed

Keep up the good work 99.99% of the people in the forums RESPECT your work.

p.s. I have installed cyberon voice dialer. It shows that is on button 6. Which one is button 6 and how do you activate it?

thanx

Guest downjones

Sector you're doing great work! but your latest DXID1_23047_Artemis_TitaniumOriginal_v1 got a bug....if you go to start menu>settings>personal settings>phone settings>sounds .... and now if you try to choose a ring tone the list is simply empty :).......whats the reason?

WHO BLOODY CARES ABOUT F*CKS LIKE THIS TW*T, THAT HE WROTE YOU WITH THAT C*NT BEHAVIOR???????????

Cheer up man, what's with your language! (talk about behaviour...) :)

Guest Michelle My Belle
Sector you're doing great work! but your latest DXID1_23047_Artemis_TitaniumOriginal_v1 got a bug....if you go to start menu>settings>personal settings>phone settings>sounds .... and now if you try to choose a ring tone the list is simply empty :) .......whats the reason?

It's not a bug - if you search the thread (it has been discussed before :) ) you would find that you can copy whatever .wav you want to "My Storage" and you can then use them as ringtones - that way you can flash as much as you want and you can always find your ... 'Sounds' :)

Michelle My Belle

Great rom Sector! after trying several rom's I'm absolutely certain to say that the Artemis rom is simply the best and most stable I've tryed.

Indeed, a fully "naked" 6.5 Rom is... just a 6.1 Rom with a different core, which is not what most users lookig for.

Actually, I, for example, like using SPB Mobile Shell 3 which is really finger friendly, easy to use and stylish. That is to say, I find it really useful to have a rom without titanium, but with all the awesome fixes, additions, and software that sector rom's come with (needless to say I'm downloading the ultra light version right now).

Cheers and keep'em coming!

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Great rom Sector! after trying several rom's I'm absolutely certain to say that the Artemis rom is simply the best and most stable I've tryed.

Actually, I, for example, like using SPB Mobile Shell 3 which is really finger friendly, easy to use and stylish. That is to say, I find it really useful to have a rom without titanium, but with all the awesome fixes, additions, and software that sector rom's come with (needless to say I'm downloading the ultra light version right now).

Cheers and keep'em coming!

Yes, it's a finger-friendly... INSIDE the menus, NOT OUTSIDE in "Today" screen! What you getting with SPB 3 in "Today" screen, except a simple scrolling left & right. Nothing else...

I'm NOT SAYING I don't like it... I'm just saying, Titanium (if it's working properly) is what a common user needs, WITHOUT "third party" progs.