QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest lupus_hegemonia
Cheer up man, what's with your language! (talk about behaviour...) :)

There's nothing about my language, except if I'm dealing with TW*TS! In that case, I'm kicking arses!

If you don't like someone work, don't BLOODY CARE ABOUT it! You don't need to be a C*NT, with a s*** behaviour!

So... MY behavious acts like a bloody "mirror"! If you pulling a knife, I'm pulling a bloody HK-11!!!

Guest pokocenje

For people who hate titanium just turn it off. Use spb or manila 2d instead. Whats all the fuss about. Everyone was using 3rd party apps before and now they're still winging. Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands and customize it your self and use programs which suit your needs.

Guest lupus_hegemonia
For people who hate titanium just turn it off. Use spb or manila 2d instead. Whats all the fuss about. Everyone was using 3rd party apps before and now they're still winging. Sometimes you have to take things into your own hands and customize it your self and use programs which suit your needs.

Indeed...! So bloody agree about it! Jesus, m8s! You "forcing" a "cooker" to create a build without Titanium? JUST TURN IT OFF!

Anyways...

My dear Sector. There is that serious problem with the SPB keyboard's settings, m8. I've installed it, I want to make some changes in the settings and put the serial number... and when I'm pressing the settings button in the Input menu... the phone freezed!!!

Any idea/help?

Guest ronaldb3
Indeed...! So bloody agree about it! Jesus, m8s! You "forcing" a "cooker" to create a build without Titanium? JUST TURN IT OFF!

I have turned off Titanium with several previous roms and that worked OK. But I do appreciate the UltraLite rom without the Titanium and have flashed that. I like it. :) I see one advantage for those who do not want to use Titanium - 8-10 m of memory is available that was tied up before for no use for me.

And as to using SP Mobile Shell - you been told before to not be so "tunnel vision" and let other people like things you don't like and not to criticize them for not seeing things exactly as you do.

So stop it already. :)

IMHO

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest ronaldb3
Yes, it's a finger-friendly... INSIDE the menus, NOT OUTSIDE in "Today" screen! What you getting with SPB 3 in "Today" screen, except a simple scrolling left & right. Nothing else...

I'm NOT SAYING I don't like it... I'm just saying, Titanium (if it's working properly) is what a common user needs, WITHOUT "third party" progs.

SPB MS3 has a completely different look from Titanium. I have customized the main SP3 screen and I like it. I also like the second screen where there are both favorite icons and other latest used icons. That really works for me and I see for several other regulars here. I accept many like Titanium and my look at that is "different strokes for different folks".

Ron...

Guest Mohammad Hadi

Anyways...

My dear Sector. There is that serious problem with the SPB keyboard's settings, m8. I've installed it, I want to make some changes in the settings and put the serial number... and when I'm pressing the settings button in the Input menu... the phone freezed!!!

Any idea/help?

I have exactly the same problem :)

can anyone confirm reminders not working on the normal titanium rom? on the neo email notifications were not working, now on normal, they are, however no reminders pop up.. using exchange..

EDIT: connected via Vista's version of active sync and suddenly all reminders came through and seems working now.. however can't change or delay reminders as in previous rom.. only have option to dismiss or snooze..

Edited by nixxss

Hey guys.................

Anybody having a problem with Configure Network Adafters if want connect to internet use wireless router

and need use Specific IP address???..................

I can't write 3 number in IP address, Subnet Mask n Default gateway.....

Why?..................thanks anyway

I flashed the 23047 Original Titanium ROM on saturday, and so far I like it very much. Great work!

However, there seems to be a huge problem with the Tasks app. Maybe I'm blind (or just plain stupid), but I can't figure out how to edit a task.

When I select a task, on the screen that shows the details, there is no "edit" softkey. The right softkey (the one with the "menu" icon) opens a menu that only allows me to beam or delete the task. I tried tapping on everything that's on that screen (including the area of the left softkey, which did nothing at all, just as I expected), and opening context menus for everything (also on the task list), but I didn't find anything.

Is it just me, or is the Tasks app actually broken? Does anyone know how to fix it?

Guest BlacKICcE

Great ROM ! but I'm having problem with all sector's ROM (I didn't try any other) ... when i call someone or someone calls me, and i put speaker (even if volume is on lowest level) the one who's talking to me .. can hear himself twice !!! anyone facing this problem or has a fix for it ?. I took the phone to the service 3 times, and the yesterday they gave me a new one .. and a new SIM card.. I flashed to 23047 and the problem is back :/ ... anyone knows anything about it ?

Sector ?

Edited by BlacKICcE

Anyways...

Any idea/help?

I have exactly the same problem :)

Guys i cant check every third party keyboard if it works or not. We faced incompatibilities with several apps with the new build.

Now, i dont know if it is the rom or the build. So what can i do... Other keybaords seem to work fine.

I flashed the 23047 Original Titanium ROM on saturday, and so far I like it very much. Great work!

However, there seems to be a huge problem with the Tasks app. Maybe I'm blind (or just plain stupid), but I can't figure out how to edit a task.

When I select a task, on the screen that shows the details, there is no "edit" softkey. The right softkey (the one with the "menu" icon) opens a menu that only allows me to beam or delete the task. I tried tapping on everything that's on that screen (including the area of the left softkey, which did nothing at all, just as I expected), and opening context menus for everything (also on the task list), but I didn't find anything.

Is it just me, or is the Tasks app actually broken? Does anyone know how to fix it?

If it was broken the program i guess wouldnt work at all or smth?

I think it is a new trial of MS?

Dont know again. Im not using tasks. You can try ThumbCal which is much better as a calendar and tasks.

Guest pokocenje
Great ROM ! but I'm having problem with all sector's ROM (I didn't try any other) ... when i call someone or someone calls me, and i put speaker (even if volume is on lowest level) the one who's talking to me .. can hear himself twice !!! anyone facing this problem or has a fix for it ?. I took the phone to the service 3 times, and the yesterday they gave me a new one .. and a new SIM card.. I flashed to 23047 and the problem is back :/ ... anyone knows anything about it ?

Sector ?

Ive always had that problem when i put someone on speaker, but with this build it seems to be a lot less, they say that there's an echo effect and its even worse if they're talking to you on speaker as well, its that bad that i cannot continue the conversation and call them back when i stop my car.

Turning the volume down to around half way that seems to cut the severity down for me but you say that it still happens on the lowest level. As I said for me it seems to be a lot better with custom ROM's rather than the original.

Good luck...

Ive always had that problem when i put someone on speaker, but with this build it seems to be a lot less, they say that there's an echo effect and its even worse if they're talking to you on speaker as well, its that bad that i cannot continue the conversation and call them back when i stop my car.

Turning the volume down to around half way that seems to cut the severity down for me but you say that it still happens on the lowest level. As I said for me it seems to be a lot better with custom ROM's rather than the original.

Good luck...

i had that problem too.. gf is on a different network and kept bagging the network i'm on. Took phone to service centre however calling phones there testing, didn't echo.. however then i wanted to unlock handset and they locked it so gave me a new handset and problem gone.. been flashing newest roms with no problems so far.. (fingers crossed..)

Guest lupus_hegemonia

Okay, dear "G"! Don't worry about the bloody SPB keyboard, m8. I'll use the Samsung with the Greek language patch you gave me.

The Titanium, from my part, is working like a beauty! I've removed almost everything, except Notifications, System, Weather (GREAT/INSTANT update), Clock, Favorite People & AddAplications...

AS MUCH AS you lads adding MANY panels, the Titanium is crashing often. So, to me... STAY FOCUS in what you need! I'm "flashing" 3-4 different Roms per week and I'm doing HARD USE for one day, for each one of them. So, about Titanium/Panels/CHrome, is all about CLEVER choices. YOU CAN'T ENABLE EVERY BLOODY THING THE PHONE CAN DO, IN PANELS!!! It's like having 100 icons on PC's desktop! It will - eventually - stop working properly, with many lags in performance. As long as you have enable 5-7 panels TOPs, you wouldn't have lags, m8s!

About the "third-party" programs... there's always a bloody risk. Some are "playing" well in some Roms, other progs are doing well in other Roms.

In Sector's case, I CAN'T "play" much with "third-party" input tools (keyboards), but hey..., since BLIMKEYS & Samsung keyboard (with Greek patch installed) are working properly... "big-deal" not having SPB keyboard on-board too.

By the way, NOW... in THIS core/Rom... the iContact is workinf outstanding! To me, the BEST Contact "third-party" program (forget Inesoft & Spam alert).

Cheers to all...

EDIT: I do understanding, dear Sector, that you can't "test" every application in your Roms. But... how come you DON'T using SPB keyboard? Is one of the very best around, with BETTER keys' layout of FingerKeyboard and great glossy skins! It's quite odd you don't using it, m8.

Edited by lupus_hegemonia

Guest nhojnayr
I discovered a major issue on this ROM! Well major.. it's just not too usefull :) :

I've been using this ROM (23047) for a few days now, but now i found a problem with the battery display.

It seems to vary from fully charged to critical battery all the time. I even got myself a crit. battery alarm with a 49% battery displayed.

It does seem that these alarms are for real, because soon after that report my phone went dimmed and soon after dead.

I hope you can do something with this information Sector, (and am I the only one with this problem??) because it seems it's only the display in the taskbar.

just for info, apps like Igo 8 work proper, GPS fix seems to be a bit faster then normal, SMS/alerts are fine, and besides SPB mobile shell i haven't encountered any lay-over issues.

Will keep you updated on any other good/bad things.

P.S. I kinda like the menu on the bottom! Takes some time getting used to, but I like it!

grz,

Crazy_Dutch

same with mine.. anyone else having the same problem? is there a solution for this?

Guest GodsGift
same with mine.. anyone else having the same problem? is there a solution for this?

did you hard reset again AFTER flashing to the new ROM?

that normally solves most of the obscure problems which occur.

GG

EDIT: But... how come you DON'T using SPB keyboard? Is one of the very best around, with BETTER keys' layout of FingerKeyboard and great glossy skins! It's quite odd you don't using it, m8.

No no... for me the best one so far is touchpal (tried a few including spb, resco, etc..), dont know if it has greek language, it has spanish, jeje !!!

Im typing faster than my brother with his b. bold.

saludos,

jota

PS. off course it depends from user to user.