QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

nope no talk of new rom. sector hasnt been on in a while, must be cooking up a storm. Im hanging for something new.

Im starting to feel like a junkie if I dont get a hit of something new i start getting crabby!

nope no talk of new rom. sector hasnt been on in a while, must be cooking up a storm. Im hanging for something new.

Im starting to feel like a junkie if I dont get a hit of something new i start getting crabby!

We've been pretty spoilt haven't we? I think this current rom is great if only the reminders problem were fixed and the messaging to b faster..

Guest hasnainhyder1

SECTOR...Please come back !!

Please ......... Please .........Please .........Please .........Please .........

Edited by hasnainhyder1

Guest Davodude

Guys calm down!! Sector has a life.... He does this in his own free time and we must thank him for that and be happy with his work!

Btw any fix for HTC audio manager stop playing when the screen is turned off?

Me too. I'm considering to flash to new 23053 Classic Lite (LZX) - HIDE6 rom by Nicklashidegard, but I still hope that master Sector will surprise us with his new hiper rom. Maybe something newer that 23053 :)

anyone been using 23053? any feedback?

From the screen shots of the the latest roms im not too impressed, it looks like they've gone backwards.

Yes, been using HIDE 23053 for three days now. Nice ROM with a very interesting feature called TFDetatch....you can change from Titanium to M2D by just hitting a soft key. Some minor problems and also an issue with the Camera, but worth trying. I am certainly enjoying it. :)

Guest copperfield

Guys I dont think sector is gonna make any new roms with any of the builds that are possibly coming out until winmo comes officially! I think he will wait and make a great rom with the final version of winmo 6.5! Its just ten days away so I dont think there is any sence in making any roms in between and sector do have a life you know! :)

Guest Netusboy
Guys I dont think sector is gonna make any new roms with any of the builds that are possibly coming out until winmo comes officially! I think he will wait and make a great rom with the final version of winmo 6.5!

I think exactly the same thing... Sectors awaiting a official rom to surprise us...

Guest goingInside

This is my first custom rom and it works GREAT! especially the GPS. It used to take ~2 minutes to log on to satellite signal (XTRA disabled) but now it takes less than 1 min! Really awesome. I've enabled XTRA and set comm port to 6. yet to try the gps fix without XTRA.

Like to use total commander as my 'file explorer'. After upgrade to 6.5.1, the icons on the bottom bar seems to be 'widened'. Before that, there were 6 icons. Now, left with 3 icons. Anyone knows how to fix this? I need the "ctrl" icons!

Thank you.

post-553431-1253878675_thumb.png

This is my first custom rom and it works GREAT! especially the GPS. It used to take ~2 minutes to log on to satellite signal (XTRA disabled) but now it takes less than 1 min! Really awesome. I've enabled XTRA and set comm port to 6. yet to try the gps fix without XTRA.

Like to use total commander as my 'file explorer'. After upgrade to 6.5.1, the icons on the bottom bar seems to be 'widened'. Before that, there were 6 icons. Now, left with 3 icons. Anyone knows how to fix this? I need the "ctrl" icons!

Thank you.

post-553431-1253878675_thumb.png

You're probably just linking to a previously installed .exe file. What you need to do is reinstall the .cab file (or install from active sync).

You'll get a corrupted "File/Show" area (you can use them though ) at the top. You'll get the CTRL soft key (I really needed that one too!) and the tiny folder navigation soft keys will be easier to hit.

At the bottom you'll get the windows taskbar (the one usually at the top). Clicking on the keyboard there you'll get the big scrollable task bar and you'll be able to select keyboard (the icon looks like a written page) when you need it. The usual keyboard soft key is gone and it's impossible to bring up the keyboard to fill out file names in search and so on.

Hope I made myself clear and that this helps you, just ask me if you need further help!

Well, I did get M2D to work for a couple of hours. I woke up my device and it does not seem to work. It freezes again. I will flash again and this time I will not change the background :) Any solutions?

In M2D setting> Select tab "Restore"> Click to "Restore M2D Settings"

I think M2D would be working again.

Guest goingInside
You're probably just linking to a previously installed .exe file. What you need to do is reinstall the .cab file (or install from active sync).

You'll get a corrupted "File/Show" area (you can use them though ) at the top. You'll get the CTRL soft key (I really needed that one too!) and the tiny folder navigation soft keys will be easier to hit.

At the bottom you'll get the windows taskbar (the one usually at the top). Clicking on the keyboard there you'll get the big scrollable task bar and you'll be able to select keyboard (the icon looks like a written page) when you need it. The usual keyboard soft key is gone and it's impossible to bring up the keyboard to fill out file names in search and so on.

Hope I made myself clear and that this helps you, just ask me if you need further help!

Thanks for the reply. But it didn't help. I've uninstalled, softreset and re-installed the cab file but the same problem arises. I've even del the registry keys to have a 'clean' installation and tried 2.52 beta version. :D

Finally I managed to get something similar to what you described. Is this what you have? :)

post-553431-1253896949_thumb.png

But this cab is actually for winCE device! I dun mind the 'corrupted' area but the keyboard at the bottom is not working at all. As this is a 6.5.1 Rom, the top bar (well, in this case, it becomes the bottom bar) will not work except in Today (again, except the volume control :P )

But thanks anyway :D

Thanks for the reply. But it didn't help. I've uninstalled, softreset and re-installed the cab file but the same problem arises. I've even del the registry keys to have a 'clean' installation and tried 2.52 beta version. :D

Finally I managed to get something similar to what you described. Is this what you have? :)

But this cab is actually for winCE device! I dun mind the 'corrupted' area but the keyboard at the bottom is not working at all. As this is a 6.5.1 Rom, the top bar (well, in this case, it becomes the bottom bar) will not work except in Today (again, except the volume control :P )

But thanks anyway :D

It works with me. You press down there and the scroll bar pops up at the top (should take som pictures maybe?, where's the damn shake and save...). I see now that this happens sporadically though... and when it doesn't show and you close Total Commander the screen is blurred there where the scroll bar should have been, like the scroll bar had been "under" total commander and not over it... weird!

Could it be this what's been happening with the scrollbar all the time? That it pops up in a layer behind the screen when not in today screen?

Anyways, 23053 should be free for the scrollbar bug, so maybe then it'll work with Total Commander?

Cheers!

Edited by leoms17

Guest Netusboy
i've downloaded rom m2d full build 23049

can i change m2d to windows default in today screen?

i can't find out windows default in items in home setting.

Hey GOOTHRIE... The rom with m2d generaly have the TITANIUM (windows default) removed... maybe you will need download another rom... or download Titanium... :)

Guest GOOTHRIE
Hey GOOTHRIE... The rom with m2d generaly have the TITANIUM (windows default) removed... maybe you will need download another rom... or download Titanium... :)

Thanks Netusboy :D

In M2D setting> Select tab "Restore"> Click to "Restore M2D Settings"

I think M2D would be working again.

Yeah, it worked. Thanks! I tried to restore theme, but did not try to reset settings. I think I would keep the default background. Sometimes the background is a little too much "anime" for me :) My main problem is to find a background to match with the blue Windows 7 Premium theme...

Edited by Marcys

Hello all.

Just to let you know im rather very busy lately but i havent forgotten you.

Im still keepin an eye on newest versions and i will update if it worth's it.

Most probably i will wait for the official one...

Laterz

Guest Netusboy
Most probably i will wait for the official one...

Yeah... Saccomani was right...

Sector! Thanks very much for you work and your help ok... I like so much your roms...

Hi Sector ,thx for great ROMs

can you give me the connection manager that you use in the last ROM (23049 (M2D Full)) ?

i have another connecttion manager cab file but it has black background and dont work properly , i like your connection manager :)