QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest copperfield
My apologies...i've already found that contact ui..that ui is displayed when u add a new contact....so basically the search contact ui is still the old contact ui from windows...

I also want to confirm some bugs:

1. the touchflo often restart itself after using some applications,even after i open my sms message, and close it...the touchflo is restarting and sometimes need to tap to launch it again, sometimes it is automatically launched

2. the battery drain: mine goes from 88% to 67% in just 3 hours and within that time range, i didn't do anything with my phone, just received 2 sms message.

3. the sms cab is really fix some of the sms bug in m2d. I can reply sms directly from m2d, BUT I can't forward the sms from m2d. If I press forward from m2d, it just open the sms message window, but the 'supposed forwarded message' didn't get copied. it just open blank new sms message window.

For your information both contact uis that you showed in your post are new ones! Do you even know how the old one looked like, I mean of winmo 6.1 ??

1.Never got the problem you discribed!

2.Ever since I got this phone the battery has been a BIG - !

3.In my opinion the sms application is a mess in winmo 6.5.1.

Edited by copperfield

Guest henrerossouw

Ok, so many people have asked how to make the Youtube link on the Internet tab work and I feel guilty for not helping you out :) ...so here it is:

1. Open your registry editor - assuming you have one. Otherwise search google and download one. (I use Resco)

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - HTC - Manila2D - InternetWidget - Customized - 0

3. Click on Customized URL

4.1: In the String box type the URL you want the link to open eg. http://www.youtube.com

OR - assuming you want to open an application rather (like the Youtube app)

4.2: Type in \Storage Card\Program Files\YouTube\youtube.exe (yes, the backslash at the front is important. Replace Storage Card with wherever you installed the app)

NOW:

The Youtube link on its own is rather bland isn't it? So you want more links, like eg. Wikipedia?

1. Open your registry editor - assuming you have one. Otherwise search google and download one. (I use Resco)

2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE - Software - HTC - Manila2D - InternetWidget - Customized - 0

3. Click Menu - Edit - Select All

4. Copy all the values

5. Go up one level

6. Click Menu - New - Key

7. Name the key 1

8. Open 1

9. Click Menu - Paste all the values you copied in #4

10. Change the same settings as you did with the Youtube link for Wikipedia (or whatever the link is)

11. Go up one level

12. Click on CustomizedCount

13. Change the DWORD Data to 2 (or if you're going to add 3 links, change the data to 3 etc - this value determines how many links to display on the Internet Tab)

14. Save - Exit - Reboot device

Note: CustomizedIcon - change the path to an icon for the respective links, otherwise all the links will have a Youtube icon.

All set.

Guest copperfield
I was the one who thinks it's memory related. I'm not sure, it's just a thought. I have a lot of applications installed, which seems to cause Touchflo to restart once in a while. Even when not using many apps at once, just having a lot installed seems to do this.

If it proves to be a memory issue, keep in mind that the Omnia i900 doesn't even remotely compare to the newest phones' amount of memory. Sector is doing a brilliant job to make the newest UI available for our phones...but he can't do anything about the limitations of the hardware.

Strange but second day on the m2d I still dont experience the restart of touch flo :) Althou I did tryed to enable all of the tabs and the phone froze and luckily a managed to disable the extra tabs in m2dc before the touch flo started! :(

Guest henrerossouw
Strange but second day on the m2d I still dont experience the restart of touch flo :) Althou I did tryed to enable all of the tabs and the phone froze and luckily a managed to disable the extra tabs in m2dc before the touch flo started! :(

The previous ROM did it constantly. Since I've flashed the latest ROM on Sunday I have only had Touchflo restarted once so I guess it's not uncommon for people to not have this issue at all. It's a brilliant ROM, it has to be said.

Guest Tien Thinh

It is very cool

I am newbie and i have some questions

I can't change format Time from hh:mm:ss to H or HH:mm:ss. This version isn't support for Samsung keyboard or any keyboard's softwares?

Thanks

Guest henrerossouw
It is very cool

I can't change format Time from hh:mm:ss to H or HH:mm:ss. This version isn't support for Samsung keyboard or any keyboard's softwares?

Thanks

Not sure about the time issue, but you can definitely install other keyboards. Search the thread...it's been discussed at length.

Ok, so many people have asked how to make the Youtube link on the Internet tab work and I feel guilty for not helping you out :) ...so here it is:

3. Click on Customized URL

4.1: In the String box type the URL you want the link to open eg. http://www.youtube.com

OR - assuming you want to open an application rather (like the Youtube app)

4.2: Type in \Storage Card\Program Files\YouTube\youtube.exe (yes, the backslash at the front is important. Replace Storage Card with wherever you installed the app)

NOW:

The Youtube link on its own is rather bland isn't it? So you want more links, like eg. Wikipedia?

3. Click Menu - Edit - Select All

4. Copy all the values

5. Go up one level

6. Click Menu - New - Key

7. Name the key 1

8. Open 1

9. Click Menu - Paste all the values you copied in #4

10. Change the same settings as you did with the Youtube link for Wikipedia (or whatever the link is)

11. Go up one level

12. Click on CustomizedCount

13. Change the DWORD Data to 2 (or if you're going to add 3 links, change the data to 3 etc - this value determines how many links to display on the Internet Tab)

14. Save - Exit - Reboot device

Note: CustomizedIcon - change the path to an icon for the respective links, otherwise all the links will have a Youtube icon.

All set.

I took a search through all the storages but not found any youtube.exe. It looks like i have to install it first then try the trick right ? Can you give me a link to download this one ? Thank a lot !!!

Guest blade87
The previous ROM did it constantly. Since I've flashed the latest ROM on Sunday I have only had Touchflo restarted once so I guess it's not uncommon for people to not have this issue at all. It's a brilliant ROM, it has to be said.

M2D does restart. I've experienced it only one or two times and I also think that is memory related, because it only happened to me after intensive internet browsing. After turning the browser off, TouchFLO started again. Another way to make it to restart is to use SKTools' FreeUp RAM. That is how I understood it has something to do with the memory.

Guest copperfield
It is very cool

Thanks

About the time issue, settings\system\regional settings\time\time style

Guest copperfield
Great ROM, only one issue: i can not select any ringtone....no matter where i copy them, i cant find and select them...

Should be copied to My Documents\My Ringtones

Guest henrerossouw
Great ROM, only one issue: i can not select any ringtone....no matter where i copy them, i cant find and select them...

Usually, copying the ringtones on to My Documents on any Storage Card or Device Memory picks it up. But I have found the new ROM doesn't remember the changes.

I use this application for my call handling. http://bit.ly/JTHsG

It is simply BRILLIANT, expensive, but absolutely magnificent. With this application I am able to assign ringtones as well.

Edited by henrerossouw

Guest henrerossouw
Please can some one tell. !

How can i change to close with X button to minimize with X button?

I am using 23064 Original Titanium ROM.

Your question has been answered a couple of pages back.

Usually, copying the ringtones on to My Documents on any Storage Card or Device Memory picks it up. But I have found the new ROM doesn't remember the changes.

I use this application for my call handling. http://bit.ly/JTHsG

It is simply BRILLIANT, expensive, but absolutely magnificent. With this application I am able to assign ringtones as well.

Thats true: i coppied it but i cant select any....

Guest copperfield
Thats true: i coppied it but i cant select any....

Press and hold on the music file you want to use as ringtone and from the menu that just popped up select "set as Ringtone". Works by me! The music file is then copied to My Device\My Ringtones and automatically selected as ringtone!

Edited by copperfield

HELP

I am running the Hades 23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full), my service is Telstra NextG in Australia which operates 3G at 850mhz.

I cannot get the option for anything other than CDMA in the comms manager.

Can someone please advise how I can get this to work, I really really do not want to go back to wm6.1.

Thank you