QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest punkmonkey1984

sector, first time iv flashed a rom in like 3 months down to lack of windows XP, so thought id try in thought VMware it work, not sure how but it did,

so heres things

i like the little windows icon as my start menu, i know these files below are on the first page, just to confirm are this what i need to get it back to the windows icon ?

Standard Taskbar thanks to KRadd.

For All who want the Standard Icons back on the Taskbar.

1. Download Standard BTIconNotifier.rar here: Standard_BtIconNotifier.rar ( 4.37K ) Number of downloads: 592

Unpack it & copy it into ur WIN Folder. ( 4 copy files u better use Resco Explorer or TotalCommander )

2. Download Taskbar Standard Icon Fix Cab here: Taskbar_Standard_Icon_Fix.cab ( 432.14K ) Number of downloads: 1016

& install to ur device.

3. Softreset.

also iv noticed that if you go in to sound settings you can not push ok to confirm things like turning the keypad tones off is there a fix for this ? apart from that all seems to work rather well so far altho its my first rom with the taskbar on the bottom ( i know where have i been right lol :))

Guest henrerossouw
Hi!

I am using the m2d rom. I am trying to get the youtube app to work, but I can't download it from m.youtube.com/app. It says that my phone is not supported? I downloaded a cab I found on this site but it wanted to update and then I was back at "phone not supported". Am I even trying to download the right app? Can someone please help?

I got the app from m.youtube.com/app finally. It worked just fine when using Internet Explorer instead of Opera when dowloading.

I posted the link to Youtube cab version 2.2.15 yesterday or the day before. I believe that to be the latest version. Check the last couple of pages of this thread, download and install.

Guest henrerossouw
Thanks. I download it, installed it, but it gets stuck and holds the system from running. Tested many time but no luck. Plz help or advise how to get it running. Many thanks.

Uninstall, reinstall. If it still doesn't work, maybe hard reset the phone again. It worked perfectly the first time I installed it.

Guys I Hard reset the phone in order to make te email and text messages work, this time what i did was as soon as I hard reset I sincronize with my outlook. but no emal can be oppened when I press on it, it just dont do any thing...

no one of you have any issue with the emal?

love the rest of the rom.. :)

I have the very same problem - MS Exchange synchronization works perfectly, but I can only see a "preview" of the mails - when I click on a mail, nothing happens (it's supopsed to open...). Otherwise, the ROM is great. Anyone know a fix for this?

Guest Razerblade
I have the very same problem - MS Exchange synchronization works perfectly, but I can only see a "preview" of the mails - when I click on a mail, nothing happens (it's supopsed to open...). Otherwise, the ROM is great. Anyone know a fix for this?

I had the same problem but the SMS fix on the first page fixed that for me, maybe try and install that.

Thanks. I download it, installed it, but it gets stuck and holds the system from running. Tested many time but no luck. Plz help or advise how to get it running. Many thanks.

I had the same issue installing to My Storage. After installing to device it works perfectly.

Guest MasterJam88

Hey guys!

Is there a way to eliminate the scroll bar in the orginal samsung dialer? It's very annoying!

Would be awesome if u could help me out!

One question: Will there be a chance that the radar in titanium weather will work?

Thx guys!

Guest leap_ahead

i use old opera version 15828 and is very good

Guest ronaldb3
Hey guys!

Is there a way to eliminate the scroll bar in the orginal samsung dialer? It's very annoying!

Newbie Tips:

1. Don't shout. Pis..s people off.

2. Do a Search. Your question has been asked and answered many times in several threads. Search and you will get many details and much info on this subject.

Ron...

Guest MasterJam88

Dude im shouting cuz i made this question 3 times b4 and no one is answering! And thx that u only say the standard sentence: search. I',m not a troll I'm searching for days now here and on XDA but I can't find it. And what should I search? Scroll bar? Do that and u won't find something. So pls when u know how to fix it tell me...

Guest leap_ahead
Dude im shouting cuz i made this question 3 times b4 and no one is answering! And thx that u only say the standard sentence: search. I',m not a troll I'm searching for days now here and on XDA but I can't find it. And what should I search? Scroll bar? Do that and u won't find something. So pls when u know how to fix it tell me...

open Favorite Hacking .. finD vertical Scroll bar Withit...10 or 0 Pixel

Guest MasterJam88

Doesn't affect this all vertical scroll bars? I just want to eliminate the scroll bar in samsung dialer. But thx so far. The first who really helps!

Guest rendeiro2005
Doesn't affect this all vertical scroll bars? I just want to eliminate the scroll bar in samsung dialer. But thx so far. The first who really helps!

Hi,

It`s been a long time that will not put any post here. :)

The only way I know is through the installation of dialler of I8000. Try this.

Hope it helps and you like that.

post-422946-1255616965_thumb.png

Guest ronaldb3

The reason you did not get an answer at first is that this subject has been discussed a lot and people are mostly tired of answering the same questions again.

The reasons you did not get an answer later was was: 1. you shouted, and 2. see above.

Since you said you tried to search I will try to give you some thoughts from what I remember from the other posts.

1. There is really no good answer for us that want to use the "Samsung type" dialer pads by turning that on with Favorite Hackings, Adv Config or other ways. That app/routine thinks there has been a page overflow (there has not) due to the now bigger bottom bar and so WM makes a vertical scroll bar. And the wide vertical scroll bar covers up the latest number keyed in in the window above. =All BAD

2. Using the new i8000 dial pad solves above problems but it is hard to turn on speaker when you get a call as I like to do. You have to tap on the Options icon in the bottom bar and then tap on "Speaker On" in the popup menu. Also no Video Call icon(?) =Kinda bad.

3. Or you can use the original WM dial pad or one that goes that way (not many I've found) but I think they are ugly. And also you have the keylock happening with the original dialpad form that many do not like. When you use any cab/routine to kill the keylock you end up back with the "Samsung type" dialpad form. =Also Kinda bad.

4. You can make the vertical bar smaller (number of ways, I use SK tools). But that affects everywhere which can be Bad, but this is what I do =10. ('0' makes scroll bar go away, but everywhere).

I was hoping the latest official rom 6.5.1 that is the basis of the latest cooked roms would fixed all of this. But not to be.

So above are your choices. None of them do it all for me and sounds like not for you either. So you have to choose the path that hurts the least.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest MasterJam88

Dang that was an answer I was looking for! Thx to u both...

I know it was discussed but I couldn't found an answer. I swear. NOW I got one! I only found a thread in which a photo of the orginal dialer in the new WinMo style was without the scroll bar and I thought there has to be a trick. But I guess I was wrong and this guy just made the trick with deleting all scroll bars (see here what I mean: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ler-on-wm-6-5/)

Am I right that the I8000 Dialer has no VideoCall function? If yes then I have to stay with the original even when it's annoying and ugly!

thx again!

Edited by MasterJam88

Guest ronaldb3
Dang that was an answer I was looking for! Thx to u both...

I know it was discussed but I couldn't found an answer. I swear. NOW I got one! I only found a thread in which a photo of the orginal dialer in the new WinMo style was without the scroll bar and I thought there has to be a trick. But I guess I was wrong and this guy just made the trick with deleting all scroll bars (see here what I mean: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...ler-on-wm-6-5/)

Am I right that the I8000 Dialer has no VideoCall function? If yes then I have to stay with the original even when it's annoying and ugly!

thx again!

I do not have video call here as no 3G either. :) so that's why I didn't mentioned it. But I believe you are correct. Also, I added some more thoughts to my previous post. Our posts then crossed, so check that out.

Ron...

PS- about the radar in Titanium - I use SP3 so sorry no help from me there.

Edited by ronaldb3

Hey guys!

One question: Will there be a chance that the radar in titanium weather will work?

Thx guys!

Favorite hackings tool/vertical scrollbar width = 0

Guest mario.omnia

Hi Sector,

thanx for the info on official ROMs...

I've been out of the game for a month now...

didn't have the time...

I must say that I'm very pleased with the progress you have done...

the latest 23064 ROM is just fantastic, very responsive and stable...

I'm glad that you have managed to fix all the issues that have been reported...

Right now I'm downloading the Neo-original version...it's the best looking ROM by my opinion...

(the Neo Titanium and M2D just can't compete with the way Original Titanium looks...)

one thing I have noticed in the M2D 2.0 version...

I live in Croatia (+1 time zone)...

so...I have regional settings and time settings set to Croatia +1...

and...when the phone is in standby (screen turned off)...

when I press front key or power key to bring it out of standby...

the screen shows GMT time...and when I unlock the keypad the phone adds +1 hour to the time...

maybe this is normal...I don't know...it's been the only thing I noticed so far...

all in all great ROM...

thanx for making 6.5 available and usable for the rest of us...

keep it up!!!

Guest wickedjinx

hello guys, ive notice the SMS BUG FIX still doesnt work for me, but it does work for others as i read previous posts. I was wondering how you made it to work? reply on SMS still hangs/crashes everytime i clicked reply, SMS normal messaging, not the threaded one, not the M2D one. any help would be great.