QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest Scandisk_fr
I try to flash Tomorrow (again)

Thx for help :)

Hello Again,

I back with my problem of the touchFlo restat very ofen...

I try to flash for the 3eme time and same problem

My liste of applications :

S2U2 (2.04)

Resco Contact Manager (2.01)

Resco Explorer 2008

ThumbCal

I8000 Dialer English

Galarm 2.3

BubbleBreaker (very important)

opera browser 97b1

HTC calculator

Google Maps

When i write a SMS the touchflo restart or when i turn on the screen ... it's to ofen...

I have changing the Regional setting in french (i'm french), but no mor change...

I have some questions :( :

1- "Added back HTC Taskmanager but it is invisible. You can tap the usual place and it will pop-down the list."

Where can i find it ?

2 - "Added Magnifier app. Check Programs."

Can't Run it's crash when i try to start it by the program menu

3 - " Fixed Topbar not showing."

Could you post the fix ? if i return to the preview version i need it...

4 - How can i change the link at the right ok start menu "Camera" to Programs" ?

5 - In S2U2 the icon "headphone" is always "on"

Suggestions for next rom:

a / Could you put the "I8000 Dialer English" by default

b / the notification is a problem i think, can you try to inject the "HTC Rhodium Notification Enhancement" ? (i'm not sure if it's working on Omnia)

c / Add the "HTC calculator"

d / do you think it's possible to have a menu like HTC ? (fingermenu)

thx for all i very like you cooking.

Scandisk

Guest joseph56
Joseph, that sounds really great. I am now leaving for a long weekend holiday so will try it when I return.

There is one other thing I forgot to ask about your setup. Are you on one of the latest roms? This 'problem' showed up with us when we went to a wm 6.5 rom that had the slightly taller bottom bar.

Thanks,

Ron...

Yes, I am useing the latest Rom 6.5 M2 23064 V2.

1- "Added back HTC Taskmanager but it is invisible. You can tap the usual place and it will pop-down the list."

Where can i find it ?

2 - "Added Magnifier app. Check Programs."

1 Tap upper right corner.

2 Never mind that magnifier is not working. I have got it to work, but it does not run without problems. Nor is it any good or useful.

Edit: I believe the HTC Taskmanager is gone in newer versions. Tap and hold the start menu botton for about 3 sec or more and a new (stylish!) taskmanager will pop up.

Edited by Marcys

Sector, just wanted to say a massive thank you for this rom! Took me a while to get my head round everything, and find the necessary information (enough to learn that i wouldnt break my phone mainly :), but thanks to your guide on flashing roms and this beautiful rom i got the omnia i've wanted since i got it last year, so huge appreciation for all you do sincerely.

Its almost 6am, so i should go to bed and stop exploring this site, and all the new apps i can add. :( I've answered my own noob posts so far, but have spent quite a few hours looking around and for the right info. Its all in here somewhere, and i can totally understand how people get tired of getting asked the same questions, as i know i was pretty worried about the big red disclaimers..(but ultimately distaisfied with the substandard rom that vodafone allow in uk) I do think on that note that it's worth adding that the search isnt the easiest on this forum, and i did get lost a few times, so it might take new people a while to get used to. I couldnt even find my own posts to start with to see any replies had been made, so maybe its one reason why people post so much without checking or finding first. its also a way of entering into the foray so to speak...unbeknown that there are lots of similar questions around.

Anyway thanks to all on the forum, and specifically to sector for this rom. Going to go try and sleep now, even though it feels like xmas! ;)

Guest VTomi75

Hi all! Could somebody tell me how I can put the standard Windows lock application on a softkey in M2D? To put it another way: which application is called when I long-press the "End" key? I would like to decrease the usage of hardware buttons. Thx...

And another question. I also suffer from the frequent restarts of M2D. After a half-day usage it restarts all the time, no matter what I do. The following software is used: Phon.ex 2.02, S2U2 2.04, SPB wireless monitor, SKTools, FingerKeyboard 2.1, GB-Soft GPRS Tweak, Opera 9.7.

Is it possible that one of these programs causes something rude thing in the memory management? Hades v2 is a dream, I mean it. Together with S2U2 it delivers an outstanding user experience... and M2D ruins it all :)

Edited by VTomi75

Hi all! Could somebody tell me how I can put the standard Windows lock application on a softkey in M2D? To put it another way: which application is called when I long-press the "End" key? I would like to decrease the usage of hardware buttons. Thx...

And another question. I also suffer from the frequent restarts of M2D. After a half-day usage it restarts all the time, no matter what I do. The following software is used: Phon.ex 2.02, S2U2 2.04, SPB wireless monitor, SKTools, FingerKeyboard 2.1, GB-Soft GPRS Tweak, Opera 9.7.

Is it possible that one of these programs causes something rude thing in the memory management? Hades v2 is a dream, I mean it. Together with S2U2 it delivers an outstanding user experience... and M2D ruins it all :)

To set action for endkey go to Setting - Personal- Buttons

M2D is restart sometime, it's true. I got this problem too.

@Sector: Is there anyway to release more ram :( I didnt open anything but the memory always show that ram is in used more than 50%. I felt my omnia hotter after a sort time running.

Guest VTomi75
To set action for endkey go to Setting - Personal- Buttons

M2D is restart sometime, it's true. I got this problem too.

@Sector: Is there anyway to release more ram :) I didnt open anything but the memory always show that ram is in used more than 50%. I felt my omnia hotter after a sort time running.

Thx, Bro... but I don't want to use endkey, I'd like to map this function on a softkey.

Hmm... sooner or later we'll have to realize that M2D is simply not for Omnia. We have too little RAM for that. Time changes, new phones come... with 256k+ memory. Sad but true :(

Guest Christoph K

Hey!

In the newest rom, i think programms close after some secs, if i open an secound one. I dont like that, were can I controll that?

Edited by Christoph K

Guest punkmonkey1984

Sector they a fix to when you push the end key you end up on the home/clock screen on the new M2D, like in the old version, i really miss this, is a simple reg edit right ? :)

Guest copperfield

I know I allready asked this before but can somebody please share a link to an uploaded UltraLite differend than rapid or megaupload? Thank You

Edited by copperfield

Guest z3ntn3l

Thank you Sector so much for your latest Roms.

The actual M2D v2 Rom is fantastic (for the new M2D v2 Style i prefer a black Windows-Theme just like W7 Black Premium but no problem to install)

for the people who are searching for the original "HTC Sense"-Wallpaper to set is as default Wallpaper (for use in Lock Screen and Startmenu):

post-438208-1255803758_thumb.jpg

Guest c4rb0n3

Hi Sector, is it possible to use the vito sms chat with the manila rom so i can click in the messagewidget and the vito sms chat pops up? thx for ur reply

Guest z3ntn3l

From OmniaLite B7300 Apps for i900 Topic:

Sector,

would be nice if these were added to your ROMs instead of the default apps once all bugs are worked out.

+1

Clock, Calender, Phonebook, Call Log, Volume Control & File Manager from OmniaLite are pretty good and would be a great Addition to your Rom. (of course with replacing the Windows and "old" i900-App-Versions of the Apps) :)

But HTC Album is of course the best :(

Guest punkmonkey1984
Hi Sector, is it possible to use the vito sms chat with the manila rom so i can click in the messagewidget and the vito sms chat pops up? thx for ur reply

not possible as vito sms chat is not free ware and will not be cooked in to roms neither will crack versions, its part of the forum rules dude, sorry

Have others who flashed this rom and then try to flash another one encountered this problem?

i am using the neo one. -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFKF9IU2

I flashed the Sector 23064 Neo Rom and now when I want to flash other roms it says

timeout--

No PDA Device Found ... close device

PDA Device not found.

I googled this and it seems when this happens, the only way to fix this is to flash the rom and phone part - the whole thing.

I suppose I have to use the official samsung update to do that, since all cooked roms only flash the rom part?

The official one is win 6.1 and when i try flashing my phone with the official update it says software version incorrect.

Btw this has nth to do with bricking the phone, the phone's working fine now. just wanna try another rom.

Thanks

Edited by noct

Guest DelBossco

when I set the Alarm

on front skin of the theme is always Alarm off ?

i waiting and my problem is solved automaticaly

change to 08:00 AM after time

Edited by DelBossco

Got a question about setting up email...Not sure if this is something im missing as i had it working on the original rom, and so wondering if the setting has gone on this new one>?

I'm on omnia 1900 with this rom and im trying to setup the outlook so it has my 2 gmail accounts running into it like on my laptop, as opposed to seperate email accounts, but each time i add new account and input the gmail addy, it automatically sets it as gmail. Im pretty sure i ticked dont auto get settings, but it doesnt seem to be an option.

Am i missing something, or has it been removed?

Also id like to know is there a way to move the widgets on the bottom to the left and right, and is it customisable, i.e can i delete any of them like the weather?

Little questions, but i cant work them out.

Cheers :)

Edited by mrreck

Guest copperfield
Have others who flashed this rom and then try to flash another one encountered this problem?

i am using the neo one. -> http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BFKF9IU2

I flashed the Sector 23064 Neo Rom and now when I want to flash other roms it says

timeout--

No PDA Device Found ... close device

PDA Device not found.

I googled this and it seems when this happens, the only way to fix this is to flash the rom and phone part - the whole thing.

I suppose I have to use the official samsung update to do that, since all cooked roms only flash the rom part?

The official one is win 6.1 and when i try flashing my phone with the official update it says software version incorrect.

Btw this has nth to do with bricking the phone, the phone's working fine now. just wanna try another rom.

Thanks

Try to reinstall the samsung modem drivers and plug your data cable in a different usb port! Seems to work for me once long time ago. I dont think tha the rom beeing together cooked with phone part has to do anything with your problem! How do you start flashing if the program cant find you pda ??!! :) One of sectors earlier roms was cooked with the phone part so you can use this rom (forget which one was it exactly of all the roms on the first page). Or you can find a phone part, probably DXID1, and put it in any cooked rom! Its not difficult I used to do it but forget how, it was months ago. A guy here posted instructions, use the search forum option :( Good luck!

PS:You can do the joining and splitting of the rom and phone parts with this program

i900_EXEcutor_1.6.rar

Edited by copperfield

Try to reinstall the samsung modem drivers and plug your data cable in a different usb port! Seems to work for me once long time ago. I dont think tha the rom beeing together cooked with phone part has to do anything with your problem! How do you start flashing if the program cant find you pda ??!! :) One of sectors earlier roms was cooked with the phone part so you can use this rom (forget which one was it exactly of all the roms on the first page). Or you can find a phone part, probably DXID1, and put it in any cooked rom! Its not difficult I used to do it but forget how, it was months ago. A guy here posted instructions, use the search forum option :( Good luck!

Thanks, problem solved now using Grandprix (vista) to flash in win 7 (yes win 7! and after hours researching on this site!)

Edited by noct

Guest c4rb0n3
not possible as vito sms chat is not free ware and will not be cooked in to roms neither will crack versions, its part of the forum rules dude, sorry

Hi, this is right that it is no freeware but there is the question if it is possible to use it and not to include it into a rom. i just want to know if i have to change a reg entry or somesthing else!

thx