QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest ronaldb3
COM 5

"It is a secret military project based in Area 51, few details are known but it seems like Military is also using WinMo"

Made good sense until you got to "Military is also using WinMo". Even they aren't that dumb. :)

Guest corpisa
Made good sense until you got to "Military is also using WinMo". Even they aren't that dumb. ;)

humm.. :) so you are saying we are all

1_yZi.png

hehe... could be :(

Saludos,

Guest z3ntn3l
+1 What's all this Com5 talk? :(

COM5 is a new Build of WinMo 6.5.1 (a.k.a. v6.6).

Current Build of Sector's Hades Rom: 23064

Latest Build released: 23071

(rumored) Build of COM5 Release: 235XX

So you can see the COM5 Build is a bigger step than usual.

But from what i know, its something like a rumor. Some People at XDA told they got it running but no Pics or other confirmation was posted. Well, i dont say its not true :)

I really didn't see the point of your post. First of all, an official 6.5 ROM for the i900 won't ever be released. The original 6.1 is in my opinion too simple looking. It looks like Windows 95 (It's true!). Second, Sector and the others are working hard and the best thing is that they share what they have done with us. Also they do it for free! If you appreciate their work, you can donate a little something to encourage them to continue.

The ROMs here aren't that slow! Everything is optimized to fit with the phone's hardware. In my opinion it is working great! The new menus and taskbar are more finger-friendly. I had to use the stylus or my nails in 6.1 to close a program. That's true that some of the applications aren't working. You said it yourself - "A few" You know that you can post your problems here and Sector will try to fix it. Most of the times he succeeds! It's not our fault that you can't use your phone at it's best! Why did you buy it anyway? I think a Nokia 1100 would be better for you! It will suit you perfectly! What kind of person uses "lol" all the time?

You too have a nice day.

(Maybe these two posts should be deleted in my opinion. I'll let the moderators decide.)

k havent lot of time now, but..

the new builds are that slow, sry.

23064/71 = imo very slow and buggy (only nice, new gui) (btw i cant set up wireless settings. means im not able to set up my ip-adress :/)

21851/69 = imo very fast and got so far no problems, all seems to be working like usual

all builds should be WinMo 6.5

its my personaly feeling.. maybe the custom-roms of newer builds are overcooked, but imo even cooked versions of older builds are much more stable and faster then the new ones. i should try the untouched versions of those new builds.

and btw.. i dont want Sector to try to fix my probs.... i think its a developer problem. i just tell them here. and i do know sharing things for free for years without asking for donation (in last time all guys do ask for that.. but why not, its ok). winmo builds are free too. we are kind of beta-testers for the developer. of course its for free.

and yes its "hard" work to cook such great roms..did anybody said something other? and if u want to donate, feel free to. i've donated few times too. so do what u want to do. but i'm mostly flashing untouched versions of winmo and installing the things i need by myself.

and i dont need to use a stylus. for nothing. and my fingers arent that small. but i think that is rly not a problem. i love the old gui.. the new one is ok.

i can wait :)

tip for u: of course u can use a theme (maybe jeffrey's WinMo Black Premium with very fingerfriendly menus) for the newer builds (like 23064) with an "old gui" build like 21851 for excample.

so.. have a nice day

What kind of person uses "lol" all the time?

dont know? ask google? lol

Edited by Get666

Guest leap_ahead
hello guys!

any cab to improve the operation of the camera?

thanks

change settings :

Shooting Mode: Single Size: 2560×1920

SCN: None

ISO: 50

White Balance: Auto

Effect: None

Extended View: On

Focus: On

Metering: Center

Contrast: +1

Saturation: +1

Sharpness: +1

WDR: On

GPS: Off

Anti-shake: On

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest leap_ahead
woohoo!! and exceeded 1 million views!!! :)

congratulation to everybody contributing!! $

I think i will wait for COM5 before i release a new rom. It is hot and it is coming soon at your screens (lol)!!

nice job sector ..excelent

+1 for com5

Guest SnoopyDog
change settings :

Shooting Mode: Single Size: 2560×1920

SCN: None

ISO: 50

White Balance: Auto

Effect: None

Extended View: On

Focus: On

Metering: Center

Contrast: +1 Saturation: +1 Sharpness: +1 WDR: On GPS: Off Anti-shake: On

This doesn't correct the bugs that Samsung built into the camera software (e.g. right after you shot a photo, you see a sharp picture on the display. For some reasons, the omnia seem to make more than one shot, tries to find "the best" out of these shots and constantly picks "the worst". The result is a blurred photo shot which has nothing to do with the sharp picture you saw right after you pressed the button. So many ppl report this everywhere but it seems like Samsung never corrects this one. You can't correct this wrong software behaviour with settings changes)

Edited by SnoopyDog

Guest ronaldb3
23064/71 = (btw i cant set up wireless settings. means im not able to set up my ip-adress :/)

Hi get666,

I'm using 23064. Wireless works great at home (secure), and at the hotel (unsecure) I was at this weekend. Don't get it.

Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3

(sorry for my english )

I have 23064 (Titanium Lite) in my omnia i900.

few days ago I did some testing for pushmail ( FlexMail and finally Emaze + the default Outlook Mobile) ..

But now the SMS and emails are no longer "open" with the click .. I see only the preview and if I click on message nothing happens (once opened fully if I remember correctly) ..

the only way for mark read message is to use the reply or forward...

PS: do hard reset but still nothing .. all it's the same ..

Can you help me please?

THX!

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been already answered previously but I couldn't find an answer.

I have an issue with Hades v2 where I cannot retrieve weather data when connected through ActiveSync. I can retrieve GPS Xtra data however.

This used to work fine with Hephaistos for both.

So my question: what configuration setting should I change ?

I have tried different settings for 'connections' without finding the correct one.

Thank you very much for your help,

Kako78

Anyone really ?

Regards,

Kako78

Hello, I am getting a error when I am trying to flash to the latest rom: 23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full)

The current rom I am using is: 23047 Version Artemis with Neo Titanium v1

Here is the error i am getting:

Downloading EBOOT...

Eboot : Write to SDRAM FAIL!!!

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_CHECK_FAIL

Download failed!!

I have tried to download to rom serval of times, and start the progress all over again, but I keep getting the same error

Can anyone please help me!??!

BTW: I love your roms sector

Thx

Edited by hfalk

Guest hasnainhyder1
How we can do the down buttons (Screen001-2.png) to be roundly like this buttons(screenshot1vu.png)

Change your theme from Start > Settings>home(today)>appearance.... i.e Rock and Republic Black.

Guest George_red_storm
Change your theme from Start > Settings>home(today)>appearance.... i.e Rock and Republic Black.

Thanks, but is not the same with WM7 Black!

Edited by George_red_storm

Is there any way to add more people pages to M2D or make the existing one longer?

I prefer to have a page for the following categories "Family, Friends, Business"

Thank you

Guest andylyf
Is there any way to add more people pages to M2D or make the existing one longer?

I prefer to have a page for the following categories "Family, Friends, Business"

Thank you

There's no way to make the exisiting list longer....

you can find some contact manager which will split categories for you....