QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Hi get666,

I'm using 23064. Wireless works great at home (secure), and at the hotel (unsecure) I was at this weekend. Don't get it.

Ron...

hi ron,

yeah wireless lan is working for me too. i'm quite sure you're using DHCP. but i'm not able to set up a static ip-adress :/ maybe u can test if it's the same for you?!

a usually local ip-adress looks like this: 192.168.0.1

the problem is now i can't type in the 3rd number of each adressblock :/ means i'm only allowed to type 19.16.0.1

-.- not 192.168.0.1.. seems so that there isn't enough room for all^^

strange.. think it's a problem with the new gui

have a nice day

Edited by Get666

Guest taurusium

hi,

im use omnia i900 about a month now..

n now just flash into 23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full)..

look nice n still to exploring it..

i like the rom and thanks alot

Guest Lovehepburn79

Hello, people!

Using 23064 M2D and it works simply perfect! Thank you, Sector!

Have a small request to those, who use the same Rom and haven't yet modified Manilla's look too much.

Can anyone upload Manilla's xml file so that I could restore it's original settings?

My problem is that after I've edited launcher with M2DC- it looks like this...

Having trouble with links' names.

132266937.jpg

Edited by Lovehepburn79

Hey Guys, sorry if this has been asked before  :) but i would like

to know if it will be possible to update my Omnia to one of sectors

versions directly? My phone is currently running :

PDA : i900JCHH1/JCHH1

Phone : i900JCHH1

If not what must i do to be able to? else i'll just have to live with my "boring" phone :/

an answer or any help will be greatly appreciated.  :(

Guest deepblade
Hey Guys, sorry if this has been asked before  :) but i would like

to know if it will be possible to update my Omnia to one of sectors

versions directly? My phone is currently running :

PDA : i900JCHH1/JCHH1

Phone : i900JCHH1

If not what must i do to be able to? else i'll just have to live with my "boring" phone :/

an answer or any help will be greatly appreciated.  :(

Yes, you can. I don't know that it could be done directly, but you can always try. 

Edited by deepblade

Guest HellboyMC
Hi get666,

I'm using 23064. Wireless works great at home (secure), and at the hotel (unsecure) I was at this weekend. Don't get it.

Ron...

Since i can't get any help elsewhere (it seems like ur the only one that actually gives an answer to any question i had so far) i'll copy paste what i wrote in KC's topic:

''I'm having this problems with latest build i have (23069) when i send like 3,4 messages in a short time, i first get that the button in the bottom mirror that allows my keyboard to appear disappears and i have no idea except soft reset how to fix (i use finger keyboard 2.0 WQVGA fix) this and also sometimes my phone freezes when i get a message and when i soft reset, i don't know who sent it or what was written in it...Also with all the latest builds, i experience this, when i plug my phone into usb to the computer, after unplugging, phone becomes very unstable and many times freezes.

Please someone answer why this stuff happens? It's very frustrating cause the build seemed very stable from the beginning, now i have to soft reset way too often for my likes.''

Most of the freezes occur with ''messaging'' application and stuff like keyboard button not being there, keyboard button won't show the keyboard, application won't close and eventually freezes my omnia by taking all the RAM etc...

Is there anyway to get the reply button to show when reading an sms. Its there (as i can reply) but its not showing. I have installed the sms fix (twice) and phone is omnia.

Also option to manually select email settings for outlook isnt showing either.

Any ideas?

Is there anyway to get the reply button to show when reading an sms. Its there (as i can reply) but its not showing. I have installed the sms fix (twice) and phone is omnia.

Also option to manually select email settings for outlook isnt showing either.

Any ideas?

Guest ronaldb3
Since i can't get any help elsewhere (it seems like ur the only one that actually gives an answer to any question i had so far) i'll copy paste what i wrote in KC's topic:

''I'm having this problems with latest build i have (23069) when i send like 3,4 messages in a short time, i first get that the button in the bottom mirror that allows my keyboard to appear disappears and i have no idea except soft reset how to fix (i use finger keyboard 2.0 WQVGA fix) this and also sometimes my phone freezes when i get a message and when i soft reset, i don't know who sent it or what was written in it...Also with all the latest builds, i experience this, when i plug my phone into usb to the computer, after unplugging, phone becomes very unstable and many times freezes.

Please someone answer why this stuff happens? It's very frustrating cause the build seemed very stable from the beginning, now i have to soft reset way too often for my likes.''

Most of the freezes occur with ''messaging'' application and stuff like keyboard button not being there, keyboard button won't show the keyboard, application won't close and eventually freezes my omnia by taking all the RAM etc...

Hi hellboy,

Thanks for the vote, but in this case I can't really help you. I have just not gotten into texting or sms very deeply. No biggie, just haven't. sorry.

Ron...

PS- have you tried the 'sms_fix' many say help them? (ie, post 10025)

PPS - so I'll be counting on you to watch my back if I get any ambushes/attacks in the future. :( Yo, it happens. :)

Edited by ronaldb3

Guest Scandisk_fr

Hi,

I was on the 23049 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 15/09/2009 Version Hephaistos, and the taskbar not working... (know pb).

Don you find a solution ? i can't pass on the new 23071 because the TouchFlo crash all the time for me...

Do you ha a bug fix or cab for the taskbar ?

Thx for your help.

Scandisk

Guest taurusium

hi again,

i seem had some problem getting phone setting from my communication service provider..

currently use "23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full)"

anyone experience that???

Guest luke.sky

hi,

i currently use the last rom 23064 M2D version 1 hades and i seem had some problem getting photos, every time camera crash so i've to reset...

anyone experience that??? if not what should i do???

Guest jmsmartins
hi,

i currently use the last rom 23064 M2D version 1 hades and i seem had some problem getting photos, every time camera crash so i've to reset...

anyone experience that??? if not what should i do???

you should read, i guarantee you will find the answer for that among this >500 pages! that problem was fixed in the last century man. u should download the rom again

Guest HellboyMC
;)

Hi hellboy,

Thanks for the vote, but in this case I can't really help you. I have just not gotten into texting or sms very deeply. No biggie, just haven't. sorry.

Ron...

PS- have you tried the 'sms_fix' many say help them? (ie, post 10025)

PPS - so I'll be counting on you to watch my back if I get any ambushes/attacks in the future. ;) Yo, it happens. :)

I have the fix, only fixes that you can actually make a new message and yes u can count on me :(

Guest henrerossouw

Is the Samsung i900 supposed to be able to open and save vCards to Contacts? If not, can anybody recommend an app that can handle that for our phones?

Guest trektech

Does anyone else use MemMaid? Usually, there is a "Jump To" and a "Tool" soft key when in the app. The Jump To gets you to certain areas in the app and the Tools menu gives you certain options (such as registering the app and performing a soft reset etc).

For some weird reason, on this build of WinMo 6.5, the "Tools" softkey brings up the same menu as the "Jump To". This means that I can't register the app on this ROM This has only ever happened on this ROM. I have used MemMaid for years on several devices (including older builds of WinMo 6.5 with the normal softkeys) so I figure it has something to do with the new soft key layout etc.

This is quite possibly one of the most useful apps I have on the WinMo device so I really want to sort this out. Anyone else use MemMaid? Got any suggestions?

Guest lordmorgul
Does anyone else use MemMaid? Usually, there is a "Jump To" and a "Tool" soft key when in the app. The Jump To gets you to certain areas in the app and the Tools menu gives you certain options (such as registering the app and performing a soft reset etc).

For some weird reason, on this build of WinMo 6.5, the "Tools" softkey brings up the same menu as the "Jump To". This means that I can't register the app on this ROM This has only ever happened on this ROM. I have used MemMaid for years on several devices (including older builds of WinMo 6.5 with the normal softkeys) so I figure it has something to do with the new soft key layout etc.

This is quite possibly one of the most useful apps I have on the WinMo device so I really want to sort this out. Anyone else use MemMaid? Got any suggestions?

I've got a similar issue with Token2Shell Mobile ─ when I press the right softkey, the menu for the left softkey pops up, instead of the one I wanted. And that takes away some quite useful features.

Edited by lordmorgul

Guest blade87

Can the quality of the pictures taken with the new ROM M2D v2 be better? And I don't mean with the settings. Here are some pictures taken with different ROMs:

1. Official Samsung ROM

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/snc00062w.jpg/

2. An older ROM from MoDaCo (I don't remember which)

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/090601175636.jpg/

3. M2D v2

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/67128888.jpg/

As you can see, there is a difference.

Can it somehow be fixed?