QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Can the quality of the pictures taken with the new ROM M2D v2 be better? And I don't mean with the settings. Here are some pictures taken with different ROMs:

1. Official Samsung ROM

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/snc00062w.jpg/

2. An older ROM from MoDaCo (I don't remember which)

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/090601175636.jpg/

3. M2D v2

http://img33.imageshack.us/i/67128888.jpg/

As you can see, there is a difference.

Can it somehow be fixed?

Try this cab file on Post #105, but read all the posts there is a newer version on Post #1, :)

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...st&p=990447

Edited by WEBMAB

Awesome Stuff Sector, been using your mod for a day and its given my phone new life :D Thanks ALOT!

Just something i've noticed though : The wireless settings, It wont allow me to input 3 numbers into the manual

setup for my wireless adaptor's IP. Its weird cause its just for the primary IP its subnet and its default gateway

but i can input proper IP addresses into the DNS and WINS options... also the "advanced" button does not work

when browsing available wireless networks...

If there has been mention of this before and/or a fix, my apologies, there's just too many pages to read through :/

Guest CroatianOmnia

Hey,Sector,why don't u try Ryrzy's 23071 ROM,you will sure get a few ideas (like the awesome file explorer),the volume control and the Dialer. btw,if it wouldnt be a problem,could you maybe make a rom for me (the laetest 23064 of yours) all the same,but without the Task Swtcher? when i play games n stuff,it gives me trouble :S btw,your roms r the best around,keep up the great work!

Edited by CroatianOmnia

Guest M_Imran

I dont know if this is right place to ask but i hope to get some response.

I am using ROM 23064_M2D_Hades_V2.

Can i install some font or something so that i can read SMS sent in right to left languages such as Farsi and Arabic?

Will appreciate any links or hints.

Thanks

Guest Diggedy
I'll give it a go, but not right now. Thanks for the reply anyway. :D

My camera is also very poor, as Ive been using custom roms since the day I got my phone I figured it was just the omnia camera but I guess not. That fix youve linked to is only related to the GPS function of the camera from what im reading?

Guest vince1970

sector, on the 1st post, could you advise if 23064 build includes both Classic Titanium+M2D v2.0 ?? <thanks>

23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 11/10/2009

Version2 Hades - 8mb pagepool size, LZX Compression

Info: Fixed M2D SMS problem, Added Classic Titanium. Includes e-showcase task manager and fixes for Resco Explorer. Now the programs closes with X. NOTE: Having the Start button pressed for some seconds it will open the Task Manager!

Guest blade87
sector, on the 1st post, could you advise if 23064 build includes both Classic Titanium+M2D v2.0 ?? <thanks>

23064 (M2D2.0 version 1919.1432 Full) - Released on 11/10/2009

Version2 Hades - 8mb pagepool size, LZX Compression

Info: Fixed M2D SMS problem, Added Classic Titanium. Includes e-showcase task manager and fixes for Resco Explorer. Now the programs closes with X. NOTE: Having the Start button pressed for some seconds it will open the Task Manager!

If you are asking if both are in the new ROM, then the answer is Yes. It has the Original Windows Mobile 6.5 Titanium and TouchFLO. It is by the name "Windows Default" an M2D is "TouchFLO".

Guest vince1970
If you are asking if both are in the new ROM, then the answer is Yes. It has the Original Windows Mobile 6.5 Titanium and TouchFLO. It is by the name "Windows Default" an M2D is "TouchFLO".

Great and thanx

My camera is also very poor, as Ive been using custom roms since the day I got my phone I figured it was just the omnia camera but I guess not. That fix youve linked to is only related to the GPS function of the camera from what im reading?

The Camera on most mobile phones including the Omnia's inbuilt camera are, by necessity, fitted with very small aperture lenses. Consequently it needs very good light, or flash at a very close range, to produce sharp images regardless of how many mega pixels they claim to have. So just make sure that you are shooting in good sunlight and that you hold your Omnia very steady. Indoors, the range of the flash is very limited to freeze action so don't expect very sharp pictures in poor light. :D

Guest Laurie9300

Hi all.....

I am currently using 23064 Hades with Original Titanium. Could some kind soul help me configure cLauncher??? I cannot seem to get it to display custom icons. I understand that it needs png files but no matter what I do I only end up with that damned red X. The original icons work fine (the ones in the cLauncher folder) but even copying & renaming one of these results in failure. I'm sure I'm missing something simple & I have done numerous searches trying to resolve this. Please help......

Thanks in advance

Guest Diggedy
The Camera on most mobile phones including the Omnia's inbuilt camera are, by necessity, fitted with very small aperture lenses. Consequently it needs very good light, or flash at a very close range, to produce sharp images regardless of how many mega pixels they claim to have. So just make sure that you are shooting in good sunlight and that you hold your Omnia very steady. Indoors, the range of the flash is very limited to freeze action so don't expect very sharp pictures in poor light. :D

Trust me ive tried everthing, Ive never managed to get as sharp a picture as the one shown in one of the previous posts, not even close

Guest camalot

I've just installed the newest rom.

However - On the main screen, under the clock, how can you change where the weather location is? I cant see how to change the location of this. Its showing the wrong location.

Thanks,

Adam.

Guest lordmorgul
Hi all.....

I am currently using 23064 Hades with Original Titanium. Could some kind soul help me configure cLauncher??? I cannot seem to get it to display custom icons. I understand that it needs png files but no matter what I do I only end up with that damned red X. The original icons work fine (the ones in the cLauncher folder) but even copying & renaming one of these results in failure. I'm sure I'm missing something simple & I have done numerous searches trying to resolve this. Please help......

Thanks in advance

Try putting your icons in the Windows directory. Worked for me.

Guest vince1970
How we can do the down buttons (Screen001-2.png) to be roundly like this buttons(screenshot1vu.png)

Hello, does anyone know how to restore/replace the bottom MS bar with the original rounder shape ?

Guest amahfouz
I dont know if this is right place to ask but i hope to get some response.

I am using ROM 23064_M2D_Hades_V2.

Can i install some font or something so that i can read SMS sent in right to left languages such as Farsi and Arabic?

Will appreciate any links or hints.

Thanks

The attached cab will enable arabic but haven't tried it with sector's cabs so not sure if it works, u might need to hard reset if it doesnt work.

14TA_MOBiDIV_416_AR_Eng.cab

Hi,

I installed the latest 23071 ROM and found there are few issues. Can anyone has solution for it?

1. Installed the finger keyboard but the setting keep reset to the default keyboard that come with the ROM. Install the finger keyboard on the device and storage problem still persist. Other than finger keyboard, can I get any other keyboard. Prefer to Samsung keyboard.

2. Some of the short cut on the task bar(?) not working such as IE. The IE on the main screen won't launch even you tab it. The only way to launch it is thru the program itself.

Thank in advance.

Guest tsukasa21
1. Installed the finger keyboard but the setting keep reset to the default keyboard that come with the ROM. Install the finger keyboard on the device and storage problem still persist. Other than finger keyboard, can I get any other keyboard. Prefer to Samsung keyboard. 

1 - latest sector's rom is 23064 and latest XDA Windows mobile version is 23081

2 - Try to use IMSelector (include in sector's rom)

Anyone have sounds issues ? (I'm ussing the M2D v2)

Sometimes when i'm using S2P or Nitrogen, when the song change, the phone doesn't want to play sound anymore (songs, windows sounds or beep) but sound during calls still work. Need to softreset :/. I think it appear when i'm using hearphones and when the screen is turn off. I've ever had similar issue with an old ROM but it seems to appear more frequently :D

Edited by tsukasa21

1 - latest sector's rom is 23064 and latest XDA Windows mobile version is 23081

2 - Try to use IMSelector (include in sector's rom)

Anyone have sounds issues ? (I'm ussing the M2D v2)

Sometimes when i'm using S2P or Nitrogen, when the song change, the phone doesn't want to play sound anymore (songs, windows sounds or beep) but sound during calls still work. Need to softreset :/. I think it appear when i'm using hearphones and when the screen is turn off. I've ever had similar issue with an old ROM but it seems to appear more frequently :D

Yeap. It is rom 23064. Tried your method and it work. Thank you