QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread

Guest qbus

Guest jmsmartins
resco or something else rather than default

hi rendeiro.

it didn't work. i copied the file, SR and nothing happened. than i renamed the file (to titanium_400x240) and tried again and still nothing :s

any clues?

Guest rendeiro2005
hi rendeiro.

it didn't work. i copied the file, SR and nothing happened. than i renamed the file (to titanium_400x240) and tried again and still nothing :s

any clues?

you don`t have to do nothing on that file. simply unrar, paste & copy. nothing else.

the images that i put on previous post were from my phone, so it must work.

REMEMBER: dont change anything

Guest rendeiro2005
ok. now i understand you :P

to do that i guess you have to go through registry but i`m not quite sure.

i`ll try to see that

ok. i think i found the solution.

this is a svenso program so the credits must go to him :D

How to use:

- if you was using old ssmapa, do first a 'full restore' in ssmapa!

- Extract all 4 files and copy them to a folder on your phone (the folder has to stay on the phone.. I recommand /programs/ssmaho)

- run ssmahogui.exe

- click on the first button

- click on load configuration

- click on "Start INIT-Assistant"

- There are two modes, prefer the fast init, only if this is not working, choose the manila file from the slowinit box. Click on Fast Init (or maybe slow init)

- There should appear something like: "CreateProcessW offset found: 0x002d4240, ..." If that's not the case and "unknown exetype" appears, then use slow init.. In some cases you have to click 2 times... If this isn't working too, then sorry, ssmaho will not work on your device.

- click close

- click on "start assigner mode"

- minimize ssmaho (click right top corner, fast, or start -> today)

- Go back to manila

- click on every element you want to replace in manila

- there should pop up a window 'Assigner'. enable in minimum following checkboxes: Active, EXE Name, all News

---- Match condition commandline is useful for hooking sms inbox and mail inbox

- with the button "..." choose the new file

- click ok

- assign as many as you want.. windows are not working, but there are more than in ssmapa.. also landscape alignment should be working

- when you're done go back to ssmahoGUI and click on "Stop all".

- go to shortcuts, I recommand enabling all...

- click on "Save Configuration"

- click on About (or don't do it ;))

- close the program

- You have under programs new shortcuts: SSMaHo Attach / SSMaHo Detach. click on "ssmaho attach" and the new programs get called when working with manila.

--> You have to execute the attacher everytime manila crashes. If you use autostart it should automatically attaching after softreset, but not after a crash.

ssmaho_0.0.4.0.zip

Guest z3ntn3l

Hi Sector. I flashed your M2D Rom today at the morning, played a lot with it over the day and i want to describe some things i noticed.

But first i want to explain, that i mostly compare some things with Stev's M2D 23081 Rom which i flashed earlier this week.

Start Menu: The Start Menu is noticable slower and not as smooth as the Start Menu from Stev's 23081 Rom. I believe its because of 2 things (but of course i cant be 100% sure of this):

1: In your Rom the Icons are smaller and because of this, there are more Icons visible at the same Time. Maybe it needs more CPU-Performance to show more Icons at the same time. You used this Icon-Size in all of your last Roms and i never had a Problem with this but after i saw how smooth and nice looking the bigger Icons are, i think the "bigger" Icons are better.

2: Maybe because of the Honeycomb-GFX it needs more CPU-Performance. Stev's Rom only show the plain Icons without Honeycomb.

Manila2D: Well, the Theme is your personal Favorite and everybody knows that its your personal Rom... So no room here to complain about it but iam really wondering about this Theme. For me, the tribal-style looks way too much feminine but thats not the real Problem. The Message-Tab is totally slow and i guess its because of that yellow GFX which is used in email and message-tab. I mean, its really slow. It would be very nice if you would provide a solution to change the Theme back to the one you used in your last Rom (I think it was Standard v2 Theme).

The good Thing about M2D in your Rom compared to Stev's Rom is: Its stable! Very good!

OmniaLite Apps: When i downloaded your Rom last night, i expected that most of the Lite-Apps would be included and set as standard in your Rom just like so many People talked about in the last days. For Example: Lite-Clock, Calender & Data Manager as Standard-Apps so they can be used with Manila.

In Stev's Rom i liked that he included the Lite-File-Manager and deleted the Link of Windows-File-Explorer in Start Menu. He did not deleted the File Explorer completely because of compability with 3rd-Party-Apps, just deleted the Link so Lite-App seems to be the Standard.

As some other mentioned here before: The Lite-Keyboard doesnt seem to fit exactly into WinMo 6.5.1 Layout. For me, the black-skinned original i900 Keyboard is better than the Lite-Version because of bigger Buttons. Sadly, its not possible to re-install the i900-Keyboard because of cooked-in Lite-Keyboard.

Windows Theme: Why you never delete all the standard WinMo Themes no one uses anymore because of the nice Themes from Jeffrey & Co? Would save some Memory :D

At the End i clearly want to say that this is criticism on a very high level. Everybody knows your Rom(s) is/are totally awesome and the List of things in your Rom which i like is as big as the bible. :P

All the Fixes and Tweaks you included over the Time makes this Rom #1 and i use them for many months now even english is not my native language.

With this Post i doesnt wants to beg you for anything. Just my 2 Cents ;)

Guest rendeiro2005
Hi Sector. I flashed your M2D Rom today at the morning, played a lot with it over the day and i want to describe some things i noticed.

But first i want to explain, that i mostly compare some things with Stev's M2D 23081 Rom which i flashed earlier this week.

Start Menu: The Start Menu is noticable slower and not as smooth as the Start Menu from Stev's 23081 Rom. I believe its because of 2 things (but of course i cant be 100% sure of this):

1: In your Rom the Icons are smaller and because of this, there are more Icons visible at the same Time. Maybe it needs more CPU-Performance to show more Icons at the same time. You used this Icon-Size in all of your last Roms and i never had a Problem with this but after i saw how smooth and nice looking the bigger Icons are, i think the "bigger" Icons are better.

2: Maybe because of the Honeycomb-GFX it needs more CPU-Performance. Stev's Rom only show the plain Icons without Honeycomb.

Manila2D: Well, the Theme is your personal Favorite and everybody knows that its your personal Rom... So no room here to complain about it but iam really wondering about this Theme. For me, the tribal-style looks way too much feminine but thats not the real Problem. The Message-Tab is totally slow and i guess its because of that yellow GFX which is used in email and message-tab. I mean, its really slow. It would be very nice if you would provide a solution to change the Theme back to the one you used in your last Rom (I think it was Standard v2 Theme).

The good Thing about M2D in your Rom compared to Stev's Rom is: Its stable! Very good!

OmniaLite Apps: When i downloaded your Rom last night, i expected that most of the Lite-Apps would be included and set as standard in your Rom just like so many People talked about in the last days. For Example: Lite-Clock, Calender & Data Manager as Standard-Apps so they can be used with Manila.

In Stev's Rom i liked that he included the Lite-File-Manager and deleted the Link of Windows-File-Explorer in Start Menu. He did not deleted the File Explorer completely because of compability with 3rd-Party-Apps, just deleted the Link so Lite-App seems to be the Standard.

As some other mentioned here before: The Lite-Keyboard doesnt seem to fit exactly into WinMo 6.5.1 Layout. For me, the black-skinned original i900 Keyboard is better than the Lite-Version because of bigger Buttons. Sadly, its not possible to re-install the i900-Keyboard because of cooked-in Lite-Keyboard.

Windows Theme: Why you never delete all the standard WinMo Themes no one uses anymore because of the nice Themes from Jeffrey & Co? Would save some Memory :P

At the End i clearly want to say that this is criticism on a very high level. Everybody knows your Rom(s) is/are totally awesome and the List of things in your Rom which i like is as big as the bible. ;)

All the Fixes and Tweaks you included over the Time makes this Rom #1 and i use them for many months now even english is not my native language.

With this Post i doesnt wants to beg you for anything. Just my 2 Cents :lol:

is generically i may able to agree with your review yet I must mention the following:

1) In this last rom there are only 3 lines in the honeycomb so this problem does not exist, in fact I think it is the fastest to open the menu.

2) On the question of omnialite programs the only way you have to be manually set, at least with this ROM and through the program that I put in previous post.

3) relative to the keyboard, there is no chance of change (at least for now).

4) windows theme .... well, choose another one to use :D , but I think you're right when referes to be unnecessary to put the old (though it does not occupy large space).

As I said earlier, in general I can agree with your review it, anything that makes me itch

ok. i think i found the solution.

this is a svenso program so the credits must go to him :D

How to use:

- if you was using old ssmapa, do first a 'full restore' in ssmapa!

- Extract all 4 files and copy them to a folder on your phone (the folder has to stay on the phone.. I recommand /programs/ssmaho)

- run ssmahogui.exe..............................................................

ssmaho_0.0.4.0.zip

thnx very much works perfectly

Hi there!

The new ROM is amazing! Very good work! But I have one little question. I am german and I need the normal tastatur layout to be QWERTZ instead of QWERTY .. is it possible to change that? Because I always use the normal tastatur to write sms and emails with the stylus pen.

thanks

Guest George_red_storm

Can we do something so Manilla don't need so much RAM?

After one hour use free ram=>35.50 MB

And i have install ONLY 2 programs(Resco Explorer and SKTools).

Guest kiro777
Can we do something so Manilla don't need so much RAM?

After one hour use free ram=>35.50 MB

And i have install ONLY 2 programs(Resco Explorer and SKTools).

Is this with enabled samsung dealer?

Guest DelBossco

1. When I push the "favourite settings" button and then "sound", the screen crashes.

SDC10037.JPG

2.When I click to the "Settings-Personal-Phone", ring tone is empty and I cannot close this section even when I pressed "OK".

In home page I click to "date and alarm", then set to alarms, when I go to alarm Sound, there is a Ring01-WindowsPhone. How can I change this as a ringtone ???

All ringtone and alarmtone is in the alarm sound.

Thanks

Guest rendeiro2005
1. When I push the "favourite settings" button and then "sound", the screen crashes.

SDC10037.JPG

2.When I click to the "Settings-Personal-Phone", ring tone is empty and I cannot close this section even when I pressed "OK".

In home page I click to "date and alarm", then set to alarms, when I go to alarm Sound, there is a Ring01-WindowsPhone. How can I change this as a ringtone ???

Thanks

Hi,

i also had some problems when i first flash this rom but i can solve those problems by doing a hard reset.

try that

Guest kiro777
Yes! I have install Samsung Lite Dialer from here.

Why?

I'm using Ryrzy's new rom again with enabled m2d and samsung dialer and I was just curious about free ram in new Sector's rom. The new m2d is greedy for ram memory. The worst of all is that multitasking is seriously affected. For example auto kill problem with Opera and other apps when ram memory is filled up.

Edited by kiro777

it seems that the internet tab in manilla is not working. if i touch the "launch browser" button nothing happens. same with the "browser" and "all bookmars" buttons. am i doing it wrong or is this problem provider related? Im from germany and using an german provider.

help please :D

Edited by ilMy

Guest George_red_storm
it seems that the internet tab in manilla is not working. if i touch the "launch browser" button nothing happens. same with the "browser" and "all bookmars" buttons. am i doing it wrong or is this problem provider related? Im from germany and using an german provider.

My friend Master Sector has input a beautifull program in M2D rom named "M2DC". PLEASE....RUN IT FIRST AND YOU SEE IF YOU RUN THIS PROGRAM THE TAB "INTERNET". HERE YOU CAN CHOOSE ANY BROWSER YOU WANT.

Guest amirsdream

finally the new rom is coming.

com5 rom.

you are my hero sector.

i remeber that i love sector in mk3 ultimate.

your rom is awesome.

Edited by amirsdream

Guest DelBossco

SDC10037.JPG

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hardware reset doesn`t solve this problem.

This problem is same on all other ROMs.

In "My device/My Documents/My Ringtone/" is empty.

When i put any MP3 ringtone in this folder all is OK but I want to change ringtone to Ring01-WindowsPhone.

I think it is the wrong folder.

Default RingTone is "Samsung Tune .mp3" in Windows directory.

Which directory is saved Ring01-WindowsPhone ??? /EDIT Post: all is in windows directory "Ring01-WindowsPhone .wma" /

Better solve it inside ROM put only one ringtone in this folder and all is OK.

Edited by DelBossco

My friend Master Sector has input a beautifull program in M2D rom named "M2DC". PLEASE....RUN IT FIRST AND YOU SEE IF YOU RUN THIS PROGRAM THE TAB "INTERNET". HERE YOU CAN CHOOSE ANY BROWSER YOU WANT.

Thanks for your help! This is amazing!

Great work Sector!!!

Guest Talishte

Edit: someone already answer.

T.

Edited by Talishte

Guest Talishte

In "My device/My Documents/My Ringtone/" is empty.

When i put any MP3 ringtone in this folder all is OK but I want to change ringtone to Ring01-WindowsPhone.

I think it is the wrong folder.

Default RingTone is "Samsung Tune .mp3" in Windows directory.

Which directory is saved Ring01-WindowsPhone ???

Better solve it inside ROM put only one ringtone in this folder and all is OK.

Use search function on a program like r e s c o explorer and you will find it easy or use this one and copy it to My Ringtones.

Has anyone been able to install showaco Chome Editor Beta 1.6? I was not able to do it and had to used one called Titanizer in order to use Showaco Weather but with that one I had not been able to use Chome Launcher :D any ideas !! (I installed one called Omnia CLauncher V0.21)

T.

Ring01_WindowsPhone_.zip

post-606797-1257461456_thumb.png

Edited by Talishte