THE ORIGINAL ROM DXIA5 HERE IS 165 MB ONLY

Guest XRAY MAN

Hey I've downloaded it and I did everything It says I have to do.

I opened the software, turned off my phone, connected it with PC, turned on the phone and nothing happened. I also noticed that when I open this program, I can't use ActiveSync...

Please help, thanks

Try this new ROM DXID1 in english too. It´s newer than DXIA5

DXIA5 = January 2009

DXID1 = April 2009

Download link here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5X37A6B

If not work

Go to your ADD/Remove programs and delete Active Sync and Samsung Modem drivers

Restart your computer

Reinstall Active Sync v4.5 and Samsung Modem Drivers

Restart Again

Flash your Phone with this new DXID1 ROM

1 - Works 100% in Windows XP SP2/SP3 32bit. NOT RECOMMENDED using Vista/Seven to Flash, or any other 64bit plataform

2 - Make sure you have Activie Sync v4.5 and Samsung drivers installed (if not, search in google to download and istall this first)

3 - Run the rom file: i900DXID1_sc.EXE

4 - Turn off the Phone

5 - Plug the Phone in USB Cable 2.0 port. DO NOT USE USB 1.1

6 - Turn on the Phone

7 - The Start button will be ready now. Click in Start Button and wait JOB Done message

Edited by Broda

Guest rijsbol

I recieved an "Incorrect Software Version" when i flash it with the one from the samsung site. Tried the version fix. Same message.

When i flash it with this one, can i flash it to the one from samsung?

Guest Morad kassem
Try this new ROM DXID1 in english too. It´s newer than DXIA5

DXIA5 = January 2009

DXID1 = April 2009

Download link here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5X37A6B

If not work

Go to your ADD/Remove programs and delete Active Sync and Samsung Modem drivers

Restart your computer

Reinstall Active Sync v4.5 and Samsung Modem Drivers

Restart Again

Flash your Phone with this new DXID1 ROM

1 - Works 100% in Windows XP SP2/SP3 32bit. NOT RECOMMENDED using Vista/Seven to Flash, or any other 64bit platform

2 - Make sure you have Activie Sync v4.5 and Samsung drivers installed (if not, search in google to download and install this first)

3 - Run the rom file: i900DXID1_sc.EXE

4 - Turn off the Phone

5 - Plug the Phone in USB Cable 2.0 port. DO NOT USE USB 1.1

6 - Turn on the Phone

7 - The Start button will be ready now. Click in Start Button and wait JOB Done message

I flashed it & it's nice, but when i use to call any one from the dialer screen & it locks then i press the optical pad mouse to unlock the phone freezes on the dialer screen.

Guest hansel09

hey im a newbie here please help me.. how to flash this? do you combine those 4 parts? or do you flash it 1 by 1? and how? i currentlt have a sector and khunchai wm6.5 and when i use the updater from samsung's site it says that i have the updated version already.. i don't know whats the problem please help...

Guest Morad kassem
hey im a newbie here please help me.. how to flash this? do you combine those 4 parts? or do you flash it 1 by 1? and how? i currentlt have a sector and khunchai wm6.5 and when i use the updater from samsung's site it says that i have the updated version already.. i don't know whats the problem please help...

Downloading & Extraction Phase:

First of all you have to download the parts.

Secondly: Extract the first part & after it's done the extraction software (WinRar for instance) will require your to locate the second part & so on till all the parts are extracted.

N.B: When all parts extracted you will find one file only which is the rom updater file.

Flashing Face:

FLASHING I900 OMNIA TUTORIAL:-

=====

First of all for the newbies i would recommend to play a bit with the phone before upgrading. Get to know how your phone and current ROM works.

Please be patient and read again if you don't understand anything. Make sure that you know what you are doing.

I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY IF U DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE!

GOOD LUCK!

Important :

Those who then want to make you sure for the safest way of changing the ROM in OMNIA i900 should follow closely the following steps:

Make sure you:

• Turned off any Firewall you have on the PC.
  • Not running the update in Safe Mode.
  • Not to perform any other work on your PC.
  • Make sure the phone is fully charged (important)
  • Do not update from a PC where you have limited rights. Eg. Internet Cafe, Work etc.
  • Prefer Laptop as if you have electricity dropped you will have some extra battery and wont harm your phone.
  • Use only one USB port for you Omnia update, the best one it works for you. Do not try multiple.
    1. Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once) Google it if you fon't have it.
    2. Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)
    3. Reboot the PC.
    4. After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.
      Leave the phone connected for about 10-15 minutes. If it disconnects by itself most probably you have to repeat the procedure from 1st step.
      It is advised to reboot your PC also.
    5. Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).
    6. Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.
    7. Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)
    8. Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.
    9. Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.
    10. Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.
    11. Disconnect your phone.
    12. Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.
    13. Enjoy the new firmware.
    =====================================================================

Updating under VMWare for Windows Vista (32bit & 64bit) / Windows 7 (32bit & 64bit).

The tutorial is taken from my friend shokka9. Thank you baw$

If you don't know what VMware is, take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMware for more information.

Things you'll need on Vista:

• VMware Workstation (latest will work)
    • Microsoft Windows XP CD or .ISO image and the serial key
    • 2gb of free disk space
      • Use the ones that mentioned for Windows XP.
      • Make sure you turn off the USB on the Windows Mobile Device Center.

• Mobile Settings -> Connection Settings -> Untick "Allow USB Connections".
        • After flashing tick it back.

Let's start:

[*]First install VMware's Workstation. You can get a trial version at http://www.vmware.com/

[*]If you have an .ISO image of your Windows XP CD on your hard disk like I do, you won't need the CD, otherwise you'll need it. If you don't have the image, put the CD into your CD/DVD-ROM.

[*]Run the workstation.

[*]Go to FILE -> NEW -> VIRTUAL MACHINE and choose TYPICAL. On the next tab select the source from where you want to install a virtual Windows XP operating system (CD or image).

[*]On the next tab, press next. When the dialog appears, choose YES.

[*]Now enter a name for your virtual XP machine and choose a location where you want to save the machine - it's good to have at least 2gb of free space!

[*]On the nex tab, I've chosen 2.5gb. I think that's enough, if you wish only to flash your ROM. You can choose to install the machine to a single file or splitted. I've chosen single.

[*]On the next tab, click Customize Hardware button and select "USB Controller". Make sure High-Speed USB 2.0 and Auto connect USB devices are checked. Press OK, then press FINISH.

[*]Maybe you'll get a warning from VMware but don't bother, just skip it.

[*]The Windows installation process should follow. The installation took on my PC for about 25min.

[*]When the setup has finished, you can normally run and use Windows XP via WMware.

[*]Update your XP machine via Windows Update, reboot and start flashing.

Flashing:

[*]Make the Install Microsoft ActiveSync 4.5 (once)

[*]Make Install the Samsung Modem Driver XP (once)

[*]Reboot the PC.

[*]After the first 2 steps try to disconnect your Omnia from USB and connect it back on. Repeat it 1-2 times so the PC can recognize the phone.

Leave the phone connected for about 10-15 minutes. If it disconnects by itself most probably you have to repeat the procedure from 1st step.

It is advised to reboot your PC also.

[*]Make sure that have backup all your important stuff (contacts, pictures etc).

[*]Switch OFF the phone by holding the Power button for ~5 seconds.

[*]Run the updater. (Works the same way for Original or Cooked ROMs)

[*]Switch ON the phone again by holding the Power button.

[*]Press START and happy flashing. Do not move your phone or the USB wire as it might fail during flashing.

[*]Wait until the updater shows JOB DONE! DO NOT DISCONNECT BEFORE.

[*]Disconnect your phone.

[*]Leave the phone to reboot 2 times, calibrate screen and finish the start-up procedure.

[*]Enjoy the new firmware.

MODEM_DRIVER_FOR_XP.rar

Guest rijsbol
I recieved an "Incorrect Software Version" when i flash it with the one from the samsung site. Tried the version fix. Same message.

When i flash it with this one, can i flash it to the one from samsung?

Nobody? :)

U can enjoy the new oficial rom DXIA5 with this space 156 MB instead of 223 MB after removing the unnecessary files

u can use it to cook custome rom or instal it directly to ur phone of u like the oficial rom without any customization :) :) :)

The Links :

part 1 : http://www.mediafire.com/?01ojco2rhjr

part 2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?vj42zrhib5z

part 3 : http://www.mediafire.com/?m9daaugn1fn

part 4 : http://www.mediafire.com/?xmimrmlevkd

ENJOY

If you're interested I managed to get another 10MB more free space by removing the following

ErrorRep.cab (I don't know what this does)

All (ridiculous) Samsung pointers except the standard white arrow and the 3 coloured V-arrows.

All Samsung backgrounds except Samsung_wallpaper1.bmp (it's used by Samsung Today theme 2).

All Samsung Ringtones except "Samsung Tune.mp3" and "Classic Bell.mp3"

Replaced Samsung start up and shutdown animated gifs with a black image and startup/shutdown.wav with empty ones.

The only 2 things I forgot are the 2 demo songs for MS WMP, but you can remove them easily by deleting the MUSIC directory in main memory.

I've been using my modified ROM for the past 2 months without any problems.

Regards,

EPDM

Guest Sea-Breeze

:)

am quite happy very happy indeed

thats the best rom i used too far

1) Very Very good battery lasts up to 2 full days with heavy usage 1 hour calls 20 images captures with flash some mp3 about half an hour a day 1/2 hour wifi browsing

2) very stable

3) the battery seldom gets HOt its always cool !

4) Camera driver is the best i used till now !

many thx pal

i use Spb 3

that rom is great waiting for 6 of October the official release of WinMo 6.5 and waiting for u to cook it so i use it in my fone

maan many many thx :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I downloaded the files and ran the setup as provided, however the program says time out.. device not found!! Please help!! I am using the omnia in India and mu pda version is DXHH1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Tatooz

Hi XRAY MAN,

I have got recently an I900V Omnia and I managed to change the language to English, However when the update is done I get the below errors all the time. The Phone does not work properly, which means no signal of network, just a cross and I cant turn it on.

Can you please help ??

Here is the log

Commanding Device Large Disk Format...

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

Step 2. PDA image Downloading

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Image Length : 128115087

PDA image downloaded.

Step 3. Customer image Downloading

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 2963456

CSC finished.

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Port Create retry (24)

Port Create retry (23)

Port Create retry (22)

Port Create retry (21)

Port Create retry (20)

Port Create retry (19)

Port Create retry (18)

Port Create retry (17)

Port Create retry (16)

Port Create retry (15)

Port Create retry (14)

Port Create retry (13)

Port Create retry (12)

Port Create retry (11)

Port Create retry (10)

Port Create retry (9)

Port Create retry (8)

Port Create retry (7)

Port Create retry (6)

Port Create retry (5)

Port Create retry (4)

Port Create retry (3)

Port Create retry (2)

Port Create retry (1)

Port Create retry (0)

Download failed!!

Guest leap_ahead
Hi XRAY MAN,

I have got recently an I900V Omnia and I managed to change the language to English, However when the update is done I get the below errors all the time. The Phone does not work properly, which means no signal of network, just a cross and I cant turn it on.

Can you please help ??

Here is the log

Commanding Device Large Disk Format...

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

Step 2. PDA image Downloading

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Image Length : 128115087

PDA image downloaded.

Step 3. Customer image Downloading

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 2963456

CSC finished.

Step 4. Phone image Downloading

Downloading PHONE...

Switch USB to Phone Success...

Error! PhoneUSB Detect Failed

Port Create retry (25)

Download failed!!

setup this !! Samsung_USB_Driver_Installer.rar

after

C:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\Samsung PC Studio 3\USB Drivers\1 and click setup .

Edited by leap_ahead

Guest Tatooz

after

Hello Leap_ahead,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, However I want to know if it is not too much trouble for you whether the Network signal can be fixed after reflashing the phone with the Samsung USB Driver??

Have you ever faced this problem with the network ?

Guest leap_ahead
Hello Leap_ahead,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, However I want to know if it is not too much trouble for you whether the Network signal can be fixed after reflashing the phone with the Samsung USB Driver??

Have you ever faced this problem with the network ?

i dont know for the network signal ..sorry ...

Guest lignum1966

Hi folks , can I just confirm this is actually WinMo 6.1 and not 6.5 ? Sick of all the little peculiarities of using 6.5 on my Omnia and really want it back to standard rom .

Guest jms2367
Hi folks , can I just confirm this is actually WinMo 6.1 and not 6.5 ? Sick of all the little peculiarities of using 6.5 on my Omnia and really want it back to standard rom .

yes. tried it myself. this is the stock DXIA5 PDA and DXIA2 phone part ROM.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest blalive
My Dear XRAY MAN

I failed to upgrade your rom ( and 2 of Taril also ) , due to " Check sum failed" error.

This was may be my 15 times of successful upgrade to evry type of custom roms mentioned here. taking all the well known precautions ( fire wall, anti virus, modem, changing the 3 USB port I have, and so..)

I tried yours 5 times and the 2 taril 5 times each , and always got this message.

Right now I have QB05 M2D . All I need is to have any rom with the samsung widget, and today 1&2 .

Any idea what to do to overcome this ' Check sum failed ' ??

try flashing with this one http://www.ziddu.com/download/9393932/i900...Mwm6.1.zip.html

Guest blalive
can anybody let me please know where can i get the latest original rom?

DXID1 as i think?

thank you all

You can download it here. It is working and I am using it!

Edited by blalive

• 2 weeks later...
Guest skoda60
You can download it here. It is working and I am using it!

Was this DXID1 provided selection of Chinese in Regional language setting?

Thank for the reply.

I just learned to flash my old Omnia recently. I flashed to this DXIA5 and it worked great for me with more free program memory compared to my old stock DXHK3 ROM.

All 25 programs were installed in my Storage except SIP, wmwifirouter and Garmin Mobile XT in device.

I have Storage memory Total: 94.20mb Free: 28.57mb and Program memory Total: 96.55mb Free: 61.50mb.

Edited by skoda60

Guest skoda60

after

I had the same problem as the post. But I had flashed successfully on other ROM two days ago. My phone can't booted up. Only show a phone logo with a ? mark. What I do was take out the battery. Reboot my PC. Run the updater, connected phone to PC. On the phone. This time it was successful and I enjoy this ROM. Thank for sharing the ROM.

Edited by skoda60

Guest blalive
Was this DXID1 provided selection of Chinese in Regional language setting?

Thank for the reply.

I just learned to flash my old Omnia recently. I flashed to this DXIA5 and it worked great for me with more free program memory compared to my old stock DXHK3 ROM.

All 25 programs were installed in my Storage except SIP, wmwifirouter and Garmin Mobile XT in device.

I have Storage memory Total: 94.20mb Free: 28.57mb and Program memory Total: 96.55mb Free: 61.50mb.

Yes, it does have Chinese option in Regional settings.