R2VS for Omnia i900 (Updated 19-Jun-2009)

Guest rith

This works like a dream!!

I Installed it on my operator ROM (orange Israel) IA1.

Had some guy with his Iphone 3G trying to show off, I whipped out my Omnia with SRS on and loaded up the new James Bond...

LOL, had him stunned! B) Omnia now beats the Iphone by video rendering AND sound!

From testing the battery over the past few days, I think that the Omnia in Sleep vs No backlight is almost the same, I mean the CPU anyhow lowers its speed to almost nothing (200Mhz?) and since I installed them and without change of usage, I end the day (before pluging it in to the PC) at like 19:00 with 40% battery as usual after some 2 hours Music/Movies, Opera, IM+, Skype Youtube on 3g/wifi.

My phone locks up if I have it charging and it enters sleep mode so for now I have it on no backlight, I guess ill deal with it, give up SRS WOW?? NO WAY IN THE WORLD! :(

Thank you guys for discovering this!!!

Edited by a4ol

i tried the r2vs and the srs wow hd, just wanted to give my 2 cents here...

first of all it works very good. and i installed both but when i was playing a music file in touch player,, then i entered the r2vs control panel, and it was set on 3D sound ( i set it there previously) and i wanted to see the difference in sound when i turn it off, i put the option to none, then it hangs the music and sends an error in device.exe.

i dont know why but then i uninstalled SRS WOW HD and left the r2vs installed and tried the same thing and this time no error occured.

otherwise if the settings are left on and are not messed with during playing, i think it works without trouble.

one last thing i wanted to ask , is that this r2vs is also present natively in the omnia, because when u plug in the headset. then in touch player u can change the sound effect to wide-surround-pop-dance etc...is the r2vs using the original driver in the omnia or is it using the wm5 driver from the i760?

Guest Kira Y
This works like a dream!!

I Installed it on my operator ROM (orange Israel) IA1.

Had some guy with his Iphone 3G trying to show off, I whipped out my Omnia with SRS on and loaded up the new James Bond...

LOL, had him stunned! B) Omnia now beats the Iphone by video rendering AND sound!

From testing the battery over the past few days, I think that the Omnia in Sleep vs No backlight is almost the same, I mean the CPU anyhow lowers its speed to almost nothing (200Mhz?) and since I installed them and without change of usage, I end the day (before pluging it in to the PC) at like 19:00 with 40% battery as usual after some 2 hours Music/Movies, Opera, IM+, Skype Youtube on 3g/wifi.

My phone locks up if I have it charging and it enters sleep mode so for now I have it on no backlight, I guess ill deal with it, give up SRS WOW?? NO WAY IN THE WORLD! :(

Thank you guys for discovering this!!!

Hi,

Mind to share ur best settings for the SRS WOW of ur Omnia?

Sorry for my poor english :(

Edited by Kira Y

The 5.1 ch and 3d functions work for me but the equalizer doesn't, does it only happen to me?

Then while looking at the reg one of the equalizer's value was set to some weird 8 digit no. anyone have the same problem?

try to set in the 3d sound tab, the following:

3D mode: dynamic.

3D effect : u can choose how much

EQ mode: Custom..

then u can adjust the eq as u wish.

let us know if it helps.

Guest naynada

Hi all,

Both R2VS and SRS seem to work - thank you for your efforts!

- However, now I find that when connecting the handsfree/earphones and making a call, I cannot hear what the other person is saying at all! Yet, they can hear me...

- I have to instead unplug the handsfree and talk as normal (with my ear to the phone).

- And even then, it seems softer than usual (this is with the phone volume at maximum...in the past I have gone nearly deaf at that level!)

- Also, I have tried uninstalling both R2VS and SRS...resulting in my omnia being unable to play any sound/music - it just freezes, requiring a soft reset.

Any ideas?

Hi all,

Both R2VS and SRS seem to work - thank you for your efforts!

- However, now I find that when connecting the handsfree/earphones and making a call, I cannot hear what the other person is saying at all! Yet, they can hear me...

- I have to instead unplug the handsfree and talk as normal (with my ear to the phone).

- And even then, it seems softer than usual (this is with the phone volume at maximum...in the past I have gone nearly deaf at that level!)

- Also, I have tried uninstalling both R2VS and SRS...resulting in my omnia being unable to play any sound/music - it just freezes, requiring a soft reset.

Any ideas?

In SRS WOW you can untick the button "Enabled" to disable it. try it...

Guest naynada
In SRS WOW you can untick the button "Enabled" to disable it. try it...

Yeah, but it doesn't really seem to fully disable - the sound still seems to be somewhat changed.

Hmmm. And call volume still seems incredibly soft.

Maybe it's just me B)

Yeah, but it doesn't really seem to fully disable - the sound still seems to be somewhat changed.

Hmmm. And call volume still seems incredibly soft.

Maybe it's just me B)

nope its not just u. i have also noticed these changes in my omnia. i have uninstalled the SRS WOW HD and using only R2VS. it does make the sound softer. try disabling the R2VS settings, ie setting it to none,and u will probably see the high volume coming back.

i just noticed that in the R2VS, in the 5.1 ch settings, u can set it to clockwise or anticlockwise or the other settings, but its actually nothing to do with real 5.1 or virtual 5.1 effect, because the effect that it actually add is just phazing in and out the sound and it doesnt sound like surround at all. i have a bit of experience with sound effects, ( not that i am pro, but i am pretty interested in it and put quite some time in it too) and learned about those false effects that u can add. and phaze in and out or fading in and out a sounds doesnt make it surround, not even close to sounding like surround.

so i was wandering why they try to fool people by saying that its 5.1 surround sound (even virtual).

in R2VS i think the best effect that comes closest to increased quality is the 3D effect under dynamic sound.

Guest dst_71
Thank you so much B) you make my dream come true. Now according to your instruction I have made a new working for Omnia i900 please see the first post.

Hi guys, have you tried using pocket music, the sound is amazing with a true bass functionality. give it a try and you'll love it although the screen is for qvga.

Guest lantony

Why install both R2VS and SRS ? Is it possible to install just one of them? Which one would be a better choice? I think R2VS creates less problems B)

Guest gavinfabl

Same question here.

I found the WOW HD produce the best bass, but having to keep the battery and power to "none" isnt great for battery life is a email arrives etc..

If there is a fix for this, this would be great.

Guest xiphrex

They both work, nice job!

SRS WOW is truly amazing though, I had read people saying the same but didnt really believe it. Then I tried it and was amazed how much bass was missing from before!

Shame about the power off bug though, I used to have this bug with the original firmware when wifi or bluetooth were left on but this was fixed when I updated the firmware.

Hope you can find a fix for it, Im still going to keep SRS WOW (thats how good it is) and just have to make do with a bit less battery life!

Cheers

Please someone fix the wow bug.Its such an improvement over the original sounds.Incredible really.Im using latest Taril rom and the only way i can get the phone working normal again is switching wow off and then soft reset.Its a shame really please do something thanks

Edited by fane

Guest naynada
nope its not just u. i have also noticed these changes in my omnia. i have uninstalled the SRS WOW HD and using only R2VS. it does make the sound softer. try disabling the R2VS settings, ie setting it to none,and u will probably see the high volume coming back.

No, all that happens is that I get warped and soft sound (like some synth/electronic effects). This is through the supplied earphones. When playing via speakerphone, it sounds fine!

Additionally, I have now hard reset, flashed to taril's DXIA5 and I STILL get warped sound through the earphones. But reinstalling R2VS and setting to "surround" makes the sound normal...what the...

Something has really messed with my omnia for this to continue, even after a hard reset...

I wanted to remove R2VS and SRS since they seemed to have stopped the supplied handsfree from functioning properly when making calls...can anyone confirm this?

Edited by naynada

No, all that happens is that I get warped and soft sound (like some synth/electronic effects). This is through the supplied earphones. When playing via speakerphone, it sounds fine!

Additionally, I have now hard reset, flashed to taril's DXIA5 and I STILL get warped sound through the earphones. But reinstalling R2VS and setting to "surround" makes the sound normal...what the...

Something has really messed with my omnia for this to continue, even after a hard reset...

I wanted to remove R2VS and SRS since they seemed to have stopped the supplied handsfree from functioning properly when making calls...can anyone confirm this?

probably the db sound level is way too high on the omnia, this is why u are getting this "warping"

hissing sound.

try looking in the pinned thread abt how to increase the vol level, and try decreasing urs a bit on the headset. then see if it makes any difference.

if not then try plugging another headfone(earfone) in the omnia, just to make sure its not a problem comming from the speakers of the earfones u are currently using.

Why install both R2VS and SRS ? Is it possible to install just one of them? Which one would be a better choice? I think R2VS creates less problems B)

yes it is possible to install only one of them.

personally i would prefer the R2VS because it is basically from samsung and it gives a pretty good effect and it has less bugs as compared with SRS WOW HD.

Hi, I did everything exactly as in first post but when I go to WOW settings I get driver not loaded error. Am I missing something?

try uninstalling, soft reset, then re install then soft reset again.

did u install both R2VS and SRS WOW at the same time? i mean that did u soft reset before installing the second app.?

Guest nasxsx
try uninstalling, soft reset, then re install then soft reset again.

did u install both R2VS and SRS WOW at the same time? i mean that did u soft reset before installing the second app.?

Yeah, i did soft reset after installing r2vs and after installing wow. Now i unisntalled wow, reset, installed, reset, and still the same: "There is no WOW HD driver loaded."

Yeah, i did soft reset after installing r2vs and after installing wow. Now i unisntalled wow, reset, installed, reset, and still the same: "There is no WOW HD driver loaded."

hmmm, sorry mate. cant really help u then. i dont understand why u are having this issue. i have installed both R2VS and SRS WOW and both worked fine. I uninstalled the SRS WOW because i think that R2VS is enough for the moment for me and it is still work good.

are u using an omnia i900 or i910? what ROM u have running on ur omnia.

if it is an omnia i910, i suppose it may not work as the i910 has different registry structure.

Guest nasxsx
hmmm, sorry mate. cant really help u then. i dont understand why u are having this issue. i have installed both R2VS and SRS WOW and both worked fine. I uninstalled the SRS WOW because i think that R2VS is enough for the moment for me and it is still work good.

are u using an omnia i900 or i910? what ROM u have running on ur omnia.

if it is an omnia i910, i suppose it may not work as the i910 has different registry structure.

It's i900 with SAHJ3 (it's the newest Polish ROM from samsung's site). I'll stick to R2VS too for now. Maybe I'll try WOW again when I'll be upgrading my ROM