R2VS for Omnia i900 (Updated 19-Jun-2009)

Guest rith

Guest xiphrex

Anyone managed to fix the power off bug yet?

I am using the S2U2 workaround but the battery is draining really bad, the phone used to last 2-3 days with my normal usage, now even if I dont touch the phone at the end of 1 day it will be at 40% or lower - I need to charge it everyday regardless of if I use the phone or not!

But on the other hand the SRS WOW sound is so much better than without that I really dont want to uninstall!

Surely there must be someone who has the know how to get this thing working properly?

To be honest its poor show by Samsung they should be responsible to get this working in the first place, it is truly that essential!

Guest Ashley90218

Hi, I installed this onto the device part of my omnia and when i go onto SRS WOW HD, it says There is no WOW HD driver loaded. The control panel will now exit :| have i done something wrong? Because sound wont work at all now

Hi, I installed this onto the device part of my omnia and when i go onto SRS WOW HD, it says There is no WOW HD driver loaded. The control panel will now exit :| have i done something wrong? Because sound wont work at all now

Did you do it exactly the same as in those steps (install & reset)?

If you did it will work. B)

If you did not you may get a messed-up registry and the may not work. (install -> install & not reset)

To fix this try to remove SRS & R2VS if the sound come back then try to install it again in those correct steps. :(

But if sound still won't come back fix registry manually or hard reset your device. :(

Guest sadko
It's i900 with SAHJ3 (it's the newest Polish ROM from samsung's site). I'll stick to R2VS too for now. Maybe I'll try WOW again when I'll be upgrading my ROM

I have same problem, could you solve this?

Edited by sadko

Guest wasp_osa

Hello! well this does work on install and on sound quality, however, system is crashing after short while and refuzing to startup, unless you reset omnia..

sometimes after unstaill of drivers all sound drivers of the omnia are removed, the only option is to do hard reset. i have tested it with all ways possible, the main problem is system crash on screen going down.. it never wakes up after that...

all the best,

OSA

Guest Itlooksfast

Hey guys..i got the Verizon Omnia i910 and I installed the R2VS...its working great. Havent try the SRS HD yet til the problem is fix. But my question is for both the R2VS and SRS...are they only applicable with a headset/bluetooth? I mean with the R2VS that I've installed, I can only notice a difference while using the headset but no difference when im just listening to it through the speakerphones. Soooo am I missing something or is the R2VS/SRS only for headset use only?

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed both according to the instruction. However, everytime I open R2VS, SRS WOW HD is disabled. I don't know whether it is correct. Can anyone explain that to me?

Edited by aasl

Guest maf107ezk0

People, how did you exactly manage to get SRS working without the phone getting stuck ?! I`ve tryed everything! I`m ot WM 6.5 :excl:

Guest nixxss
People, how did you exactly manage to get SRS working without the phone getting stuck ?! I`ve tryed everything! I`m ot WM 6.5 :excl:

same problem.

Guest bmn4711

Also I am interested in k has a solution.

Already use the r2vs now sn no problem but I like most srs wow hd but it does not use by k gives problems.

K there are these new dll for the program, you know something? '

Guest eufouria

I too would like to see some progress on this project, I still dream about those few hours of amazing sound quality until my phone wouldn't turn back on.

Guest maf107ezk0
I too would like to see some progress on this project, I still dream about those few hours of amazing sound quality until my phone wouldn't turn back on.

Exactly, think about listening to the GREAT sound quality and then turn your screen off and your phone starting again :excl: AHHH, dreams, dreams :excl:

Edited by maf107ezk0

Guest Itlooksfast

ok..so why do we need to install both SRS WOW and R2VS? Cant we just install SRS WOW since R2VS only work when using a headphone?

Guest achen_su

I want to tell every one

r2vs and wow hd cannot run same time to give u effect 

r2vs use r2vs_arm_wm5_ppc_driver.dll

wow hd use wowhd_arm_wce_ppc2005_driver.dll

if in register

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev]

"Dll"="R2VS_ARM_WM5_PPC_Driver.dll"

then r2vs to sound effect can to hear., but wow hd cannot give the effect.

if in register

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev]

"Dll"="WOWHD_ARM_WCE_PPC2005_Driver.dll"

then wow hd sound effect can to hear but r2vs cannot give the effect.

sorry my english very bad.

i want to tell every one. want to use wow hd. 

this is step

1. install r2vs

2. install wow hd

3. soft reset

4. dont setting anyting in power(turn off device setting)

5. every time after reset enable wow hd select headphone then disable. close

6. press power button sleep

7. press power button again to wake up

8. now press wow hd to on internal(Stereo) or headphone. up to you

9. you can enjoy wow hd not freezee you system forever.

10. but if soft reset or power off goto step 5.

11 enjoy it. i test it. no bug. now you phone can sleep not just turn off screen. 

Nothing to change but follow my step

my setting :

internal battery and external battery turn off device went 1minute

s2us 1.62 setting:

don't suspend power off

don't use keyboard hook on

check exception exe on

battery and external battery: lock when backlight turnoff off

power off in 10s

but only blank screen on

Guest achen_su
achen_su, I`m trying it ASAP!!! Hope this works... I don`t use S2U2, tho :excl:

try this us s2us is free software

now wow hd and r2vs work together but only one take effect.

if u want r2vs pls change reg.

any one can't make dll change normaly but not to soft reset

sorry every one my english is bad :excl:

Guest maf107ezk0

Yes, I understood about R2VS, but I don`t like it... About S2U2 - I`ve used it, but now with 6.5 the deffault unclock screen works great for me... Thanks again for the info. I`ll post my experience - just installed and for some time now it hasn`t blocked :excl: