R2VS for Omnia i900 (Updated 19-Jun-2009)

Guest rith

Guest achen_su
Hi all

WOW HD is great sound enhancement, but R2VS is low dynamics, noisy and useless, by my opinion. Because they are not work together in any way, I think there no need of R2VS.

I have played with registry for weeks and found a way to avoid freezing the device, when it comes to suspend with WOW HD working. I have created cab with WOW HD instalation with more specific registry for Omnia, but it must be installed on a clear device.

So if you want to try it, remove R2VS, remove WOW HD, softreset and make sure the sound is working and device is not freeze anymore when it's going to suspend. Then install my cab and try if it will work.

My advice is if the device freezes and cannot wakeup, after reset or switch on, first go to WOW HD settings and turn it off for a moment, press OK, then turn it on again, and it will work until next reset.

In my Omnia WOW HD works without any sound/power issues, suspending and waking up with any button, playng music, TV online, radio on a handsfree or bluetooth stereo headset (Jabra BT8010) and the sound is exelent.

I have notice that it may freeze when it suspend after turning off bluetooth, but there is so many issues with bluetooth and power management, so it is acceptable for me.

My device is: Omnia/8G, PDA: I900DXIA2/DZIA1 lite ROM, Phone: I900DXID1

P.S.: It will install registry for WOW HD with bluetooth too. It will uninstall proper all, if not work in your device, i have test that.

And please excuse me - my English is very bad.

i Try for many time wow hd.but one question.

can you try open opera browser then close opera and press power button. and press power button again this phone freezee or not?

i will try you cab tonight thanks you post

Guest achen_su
Hi all

WOW HD is great sound enhancement, but R2VS is low dynamics, noisy and useless, by my opinion. Because they are not work together in any way, I think there no need of R2VS.

I have played with registry for weeks and found a way to avoid freezing the device, when it comes to suspend with WOW HD working. I have created cab with WOW HD instalation with more specific registry for Omnia, but it must be installed on a clear device.

So if you want to try it, remove R2VS, remove WOW HD, softreset and make sure the sound is working and device is not freeze anymore when it's going to suspend. Then install my cab and try if it will work.

My advice is if the device freezes and cannot wakeup, after reset or switch on, first go to WOW HD settings and turn it off for a moment, press OK, then turn it on again, and it will work until next reset.

In my Omnia WOW HD works without any sound/power issues, suspending and waking up with any button, playng music, TV online, radio on a handsfree or bluetooth stereo headset (Jabra BT8010) and the sound is exelent.

I have notice that it may freeze when it suspend after turning off bluetooth, but there is so many issues with bluetooth and power management, so it is acceptable for me.

P.S.: It will install registry for WOW HD with bluetooth too. It will uninstall proper all, if not work in your device, i have test that.

not work no sound, no wow hd driver. i install without r2vs and wow hd before

Guest achen_su

No work. after open opera and press power. and press power again my phone freeze.

wow hd have a bug in 2 moment

1. when open opera and close opera then press power and press power again omnia die

2. when open message in thread mode(example receive new sms then see this message in thread mode then no press anything. ppc automatic turn off pcc to suspend) press button again phone freeze.

i thing wow hd bug with omnia in flags=2.

because i search use resco register wap use flags=2 

any one can give me informasi about flags.(dont try to use flags 3 because flags 3 make you phone cannot wake up forever, to solve this problem press call and end button togerther then press power button ppc hard reset you windows.

before test wow hd please backup u contact and sms and system. i thinks spb backup is good software to do that. because can restore you system

Guest dwallersv

VBOX: Could you post the registry keys/values that you have included in the cab? I'd like to try simply making the registry changes on my existing install of WOW. Starting from scratch and rebuilding my phone setup is quite involved, and takes hours.

To those that install R2VS first before WOW: This is not required to use WOW. WOW will work just fine with the existing cabs in this thread installed all by itself.

HOWEVER: One problem that I have experienced with the WOW cabs here (haven't tried any others, so this may be true no matter where you pick up this cab) is that if you uninstall it, stereo A2DP services will no longer connect to a BT stereo headset. Still connects Hands-Free for phone calls. In the BT cpl, Wireless Stereo still shows as a service, and is checked, but the phone won't make the connection for it.

I suspect this has to do with the dll reg entry in the A2DP key for the BT section in the registry; after uninstall, the driver still shows as "R2VS_blahblahblah" or something like that, instead of the stock driver (I believe zylonite). I'm doing some registry dump comparisons to sort this out, and will update this post when I get it all figured out.

Guest WAIKIKI728
Any 1 try it with 6.5??

I had it on 6.1 and since I moved to 6.5 I didn't try installing it, is it safe for 6.5?

I installed it in a clean wm 6.5 QBUS & Sector & Khuanchai Windows Mobile 6.5 Research Thread, Current Version 21222 --> M3 and woked the first minutes but after sleeping and locked with password....it didn´t wake up again...The best thing is that after soft reset it works again and that when i removed it i didn´t loose my sound....Will it be any upgrade of this file?¿?...

Instead fo all thank you for working on it yet...i thought this post was dead .....just one thing....R2SV is good biut we have to recognize that improvement of the sound with SRS is much much better....

Guest dwallersv

Never mind, vbox, I extracted the _setup.xml from the cabfile and accessed the registry settings you provided there.

***** A VERY PROMISING POSSIBLE FINAL, TRUE, REAL FIX FOR THIS WOW/SUSPEND HANG PROBLEM!!! *****

Very interesting clues from your registry settings, vbox! This reg setting in particular caught my eye, and looks to me to be the magic bullet that solves this WOW/suspend issue:

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\Suspend]

"acs1:"="4"

"acs1:" looked driver-like to me, so I fired up FDC Task Manager on my Omnia and went looking in the Devices section for that name -- and found it. However, that is the driver for the accelometer, not SRS WOW. Hmmm.... so, not knowing anything about the above reg key, went searching around the net. And found this very useful page: Power Management under Windows CE

Started reading through this and got very excited about the prospect of finally solving this thing! This information is right there, for what we need to know to fix this if its a power management problem as we've suspected in this thread. Readers, the upshot of that document is that there is a place in the registry where WM can be told not to shut down a driver while in suspend mode, because it doesn't support that low power mode.

What doesn't add up, though, is the reg key that vbox provided. That driver name, as I pointed out above, is the accelerometer driver. Further, judging by the article linked above, state 4 would be full power off suspend support, so what this entry tells the OS is that, when entering the suspend state, turn off the accelerometer driver (i.e., put it into the power off state, requiring power-on initialization when it wakes up).

So, it seems to me that what we need to solve this is instead an entry like this in the above reg key, which tells the OS to leave the SRS/WOW driver in the fully powered on state when going into suspend:

"wav8:"=0

As per edits below, this didn't work. Trying 4 instead (see below).

On my device, "WAV8" is the driver name associated with the SRS/WOW driver dll, as determined by looking at the active device listing in FDC Task Manager.

So, I'm going to add this value to my existing installation (I haven't installed vbox's version yet), reset, and see what happens.

Anyone else that wants to give this a try too, first check your installed device drivers and find out what name WOW has on your device (I suspect it's also WAV8, but I don't know whether or not this is dynamic during install, so check to make sure), go to the reg key above, and add a DWORD value under it named "WAV8:" (or whatever yours is called) and set it to zerofour.

I'll report back later. Shouldn't take long... WOW crashes my Omnia almost immediately unless I use the achen method for suspend.

EDIT: First test is encouraging... Can suspend the device via the power button or a soft-suspend (via application), and a few minutes later wake it up with no freezes. Prior to this reg change moer times than not the Omnia would be dead under exactly these circumstances. Next test: Reconfigure automatic suspend in the Power cpl, set up S2U2 to turn off the device when it times out. Then, wait a longer stretch (half hour to an hour) and see if it's still alive.

EDIT: It crashed. However, don't give up yet... I decided to try setting 4 (Power Off state) and see if that would work, on the theory that the problem is the driver not getting properly initialized on wakeup. Rebooted, and it's been going strong for over an hour now, going to sleep manually with the power button, and automatically via the Power cpl timeout, as well as S2U2 timeout. So, looking encouraging...

Edited by dwallersv

Guest maf107ezk0

Ok, now I thought something which`ll be better becase not suspending SRS will dramaticly decrease battery life and the phone may get warm... BUT if we (someone who knows how :D) can make a script that simply turns SRS ON or OFF (enable/disable) - there has to be a .reg key for that... Then when I want to use SRS I`ll just start the icon and then open the player - it`s one tap more but also more battery life :lol:

Edited by maf107ezk0

Guest thetwiztidfreak

The difference this program makes is AMAZING!!!! its jsut to bad it caused my phone to crash atleast 3-4 times a day.

Alot of the time when i was recieveing a call the ringtone would skip like a scratched cd and sometimes it would just straight freeze. Tried making the power setting changes with no success, then i even tried uninstalling the WOW HD app and still got the problem. Removed SRS and problems stoped. Any one have any other fixes that might make this work better on the i910 because i was very impressed with the changes and would love to get this to work properly

Guest vbox

dwallersv, appreciate your work and help and sorry for the late post.

As most of the people on the planet, i have to work too...

maf107ezk0, пробвай драйвера, но както си прочел, не е много сигурно дали ще работи, поне май не е довършено, нищо че работи на моята Омния. И мерси за бирата предварително! :D И си направи бекъп преди това.

dwallersv, you dont need to install my driver. I will upload all my registry, taken from cab, but you gave me an idea. I have to think about to search for registry in Resuming, not in Suspend keys, but it is very late now 2.50am, and tomorow i am on work again.

Maybe you have miss that registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Hardware]

"Headset"=dword:00000001

It will enable WOW HD to run in initial state as Headphones profile selected.

Because i see that you may have more experience with WinMo registry than me, i will suggest to see all reg, that is related to WOW HD: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev] and [btA2dpSnd] - the driver for BT is bta2dp.dll, [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SRS... if there is WOWXT key, i think it is not used, only WOWHD is used for Omnia. I suggest to see too that i have no OutputDevice in my cab, WOW HD will care all sound traffic.

Now i have entered your idea (for my device is wav1) in Suspend key, but as dword "wav1":0. I was tring that before, without understanding meaning of number and maybe was miss that 0 possibility. I have thinking to enter in Suspend key Iclass key for the driver, but what numbers in other keys mean? edit: alredy readit from your usefull link.

And i have to say, that my device work fine and alredy worked fine for a days. So i realy dont know if the "wav1:"-0 think work. I have entered and for now it work as before, i softresetted device after key change. I know from my experience that with other number - i have tried 4 and 3, it will freeze again.

Aachen_su i have not experienced that problem before, because i mostly use Skyfire as a brouser and yes - i have do the steps with the Opera and the device was freezed with WiFi on, i resetted it and try it with no internet connection, no 3G or WiFi and it freeze again. But aachen_su, can you please explain me what is the connection between Opera and sound driver, when even there was not sound comming from device at the moment? I have tried and something different - i have wait the device to go suspend itself after exiting Opera. And it not freezed! But maybe you are correct if they both (Wifi and Sound) use the same flag register.

Tulius, at the moment it looks the driver not work for many people. If you want to try it, have full backup of device, but it is not finished yet, maybe it will not be, who knows.

So, the post has become long... dwallersv, i realy appreciate if you continue to work on this. I think we need some registry to be entered in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\State\Hardware] and that will overcome the driver то try to search key to switch over internal profiles - they are many, but only 2: Headphones and Internal (stereo) are available for our devices. But i have tried so many, have hex researched the driver and did not find anything usefull, except Headset key. Maybe with your help that driver will become acceptable for more Omnias.

Allreg.rar

Guest FerdiBorbon

**Vbox** again thank you for your hard efforts on providing this file...finally i have it working perfectly, all that i need to do as per your instructions above is.

** after soft reset, disable SRS WOW hit ok...wait 30 secs...re enable hit ok**

Thats it guys...no power issues what so ever, power management is still default settings, ive hit power on off many times...and left phone by itself overnight, which before would wake up and noticed my phone will not power on...this time definate fix!!!

Really happy now thanks vbox!!

Guest dwallersv

vbox: Good find on the "Headset" value... That does the trick on the bootup initialization! I've tested reboots twice with just those two registry hacks (the one I posted above, and the Headset change), and it now boots, times out on its own and goes to sleep, then wakes right up without any problems.

BTW, with the change I posted above, made it 18 hours now, with an overnight, without a crash/freeze. I'm thinking maybe we've got it.

Disappointing that the driver name, "WAVx", is not consistent w.r.t. the number value for "x". That will make it MUCH harder to put together an installer that will automatically set all this up for people.

It may have been missed in all the editing I did to that original post... I found that the WOW driver suspend state needs to be set to 4 (power off), not 0 (power on) for this to work. New theory is that this forces WM to completely reinitialize the driver upon coming out of suspend; old theory that setting the suspend state to power on would just keep the driver going was wrong, and after reading up more on WM power management it makes sense that that was a bogus idea.

The rest of those sets of reg values specific to the WOW driver I've messed around with before, and got nowhere. However, that may be where the default settings can be set up now to persist across boots, with the Headset hack apparently initializing the driver properly.

I'll keep experimenting, and among all of us we'll get this thing solved!

Guest Kira Y
Hi all

Hi vbox, where can I get the SRS WOW Cab file u mentioned?

Guest achen_su

after install this reg cannot solve my problem.

after open opera then exit opera press power button to suspend phone cannot wake up again

Guest smoothcrooner
Hi all

Hi vbox,

Where can I find ur WOW cab?

Guest buyukbang

I'm waiting for this, too. As far as I understand, we do not need R2VS. We should only install your cab including WOW HD and all required registry settings. Is it true ?

Hi vbox,

Where can I find ur WOW cab?

Guest dragonmatahari

my phone just hang up and shut down repeatedly after i uninstalled it! ( actually it worked great... but so damm power hungry.... so i decided to remove it ) soft reset? nope.... its a hard reset bro...

Guest Tulius

So...still is not recommended isn't it?

I want to increase audio quality, but don't want to have that sort of problems related to battery, BT Handsfree or low volume on calls using the headset.

Guest Supadan

Yeah im a little confused...so can we just download the original SRS WOW HD cab and then just copy/paste your settings and then add dwallersv settings as well?

Or did you pull your cab from the website vbox? Because i'm looking for your version VBox and i can't seem to find it..

Guest dwallersv

guys, go over to this thread on the SRS WOW fix... lastnikita cabbed up the whole thing, including the registry changes I made.

Good reports over there of Omnias running days without any crash.

Edited by dwallersv

Guest Kira Y
guys, go over to this thread on the SRS WOW fix... lastnikita cabbed up the whole thing, including the registry changes I made.

Good reports over there of Omnias running days without any crash.

So, Izit still heavy drain for the Omnia battery power?

Guest onlinejobwork

DEAR SIR/ALL FORUM MEMBER

AFTER INSTALLING BELOW MENTION BOTH APPLICATION MY TOUCH SCREEN FINTIONALITY AND SOUND OF PHONE IS COMPLETELY GONE I TRIED RESET, REBOOT, REMOVE BATTERY , UNINSTALL BOTH APPLICATION BUT MY CAN PHONES SOUND IS COMPLETELY GONE - NO SOUND AT ALL ? PLEASE PROVIDE SOLUTION HOW CAN I GET MY SOUND BACK WIHOUT HARD RESET? PLEASE REPLY URGENT AS THERE IS EVEN NO SOUND ON INCOMMING OR OUTGOING CALL AS WEL PLEASE REPLY ON [email protected] AS WELL

THANKS

Thank to all the contribtors to this thread you are all unbelievable to make R2VS working on Omnia i900.

R2VS is 3D Sound, Equalizer, 5.1Ch Effect sound enhancement for Omnia (just like SRS WOW HD)

I made a new working cab out of the box so no need to manually edit the registry at all.

Fix registry to work with Bluetooth Stereo Headset was added. :D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For those who try to make a sucessful SRS WOW HD installation please try this trick:

- Remove previous not working SRS WOW HD and soft reset

- Install R2VS cab below, soft reset and enable it

- Install SRS WOW HD cab below, soft reset and check it

- In order to fix SRS WOW HD device not wake up problem you must set Power setting for both [On Batterry Power] & [On External Power] to None :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:( I think i770 has newer version of R2VS coz I saw it has different short cut icon but I don't have i770 so I can't tell if it true or not

If it uses R2VS_ARM_WM6_PRO_Driver.dll or newer exe I will try port it Omnia i900. :lol:

Anyone here who has Samsung Saga i770 can you check what does is the dll in registry or Windows folder ? Is it R2VS_ARM_WM5_PPC_Driver.dll or R2VS_ARM_WM6_PRO_Driver.dll or something else? can you post the dll or registry related to R2VS or its dumped rom ?

RV2S

post-196372-1237705887_thumb.jpgpost-196372-1237705919_thumb.jpgpost-196372-1237705956_thumb.jpg

SRS WOW HD

Power Setting for SRS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest super-hornet

Thanks for this COOL "SRS" feature!!! Really make the sound much much better.

I notice something... I do not change my power saving settings and I have no problem of going suspend/sleep mode by pressing the "Power Button" and coming back from sleep mode by pressing the Power Button.

I also tried leave it alone so it goes to sleep mode by itself and then wake it up again.

BUT when I switch my USB connectivity from Storage to ActiveSync, when it goes to sleep (either by itself or pressing Power Button), it cannot wake up anymore. To solve it, I need to take out the battery and plug it back.

When I switch the USB connectivity back to storage, Sleep/Wake up is working again.

SH