[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest Piemole
how can i change the theme?

and how can i get the original theme back ?

i tried eerthing i found on the net

The theme for what? Windows? M2D? SPB?

What was your original theme?

Guest Piemole
I'm pretty new to all this ROM and M2D stuff. I've noticed there can be further customisation by editing some registry values. Can anyone tell me how i can get to the registry? Also, if i stuff something up in the registry, would a hard reset or ROM flash fix this?

Cheers

EDIT: Also, is it possible to NOT group the numbers when dialing (or allow me to change the groups)? For example if i type 0123456789 i would appear as (012)345-6789 when i want it to appear as (01) 234-756-89 (i don't really care about what's outside the brackets, just the inside)

You can edit te reg using a third party ap such as total commander, and yes a hard reset will fix it if you break it.

The number grouping is to do with your regional settings (in settings/system).

Try a search around this forum, the answers are there if you spend a few moments looking.

I kept getting activesync error code 0x8080001 since I moved to 23001 (use an exchange server over GPRS / EDGE). It works for a while after soft reset but would then stop syncing again after a couple of hours specially if I am on the road i.e. switching cell towers.

Could not find a solution so moving back to 21812. Anybody else have the same issue?

The error code is actually 0x80180001. Checked some other threads and according to this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-493228.html) the error started with 5.2.21159 and the older ones were ok. Has anybody else here experienced this and can point to a 6.5 version which does not have this problem?

Some threads (http://eten-users.eu/index.php?showtopic=13376&st=255)also talk about GPRS tools causing this problem. I don't think there are any built in in the LITE ROMs. Any ideas?

Guest bruhaha

just a fast and minor question about the rom....this new 23001 win mo is still cooked from htc roms? or is there a clear which u use with omnia drivers? thx (arguing with some ppl about it and i must knowit:P)

Guest theghz

Hello,

I can't download from rapidshare anymore. It has been blocked in my country I guess. Could you offer various download links for new roms (like rapidshare+mediafire).

Thx a lot

Guest mrvulcann
Which one i should download for windows 6.5?....

Of course the latest build otherwise at your own convenience. Try all of the builds and you'll see the difference. ;)

Guest Nosferatuâ„¢
Hello,

I can't download from rapidshare anymore. It has been blocked in my country I guess. Could you offer various download links for new roms (like rapidshare+mediafire).

Thx a lot

Check one page back... you'll find mediafire mirror of Khuanchai's 3-in-1 ROM. Or click this http://www.modaco.com/content-page/285664/...2009/page/3820/#

Edited by Nosferatuâ„¢

Guest Gustavo Polo

Hello everybody!

First in time, sorry for my english, i'm native of Portuguese language (Brasil).

Somebody help me???

Yesterday i update my Omnia for de new version: "3 in 1 12 Mb pagepool WM 6.5" and now my cel dosen't work more ;) . It doesn't make calls or received calls. It can't conect to 3G net of my city, however, it can conect througt edge and hspda to internet and others programs, like to: Msn, weahter etc. What can i do for fix my problem? Somebody help me? I did the update for 3G througt to "Grand Prix", but not works...

Thank's.

Guest Tom The Drummer

Hi guys,

Just got 23001 12MB and I'm finding it great but I only have 2 issues that may have been mentioned but I can't find them if they have! I've got the "Deafult Windows" theme for today so I can scroll up, down, left and right around all the various desktop things.

1) When I go to the notifcations section after receiving a message, so the section that tells me about missed calls, e-mails, messages etc. and then scroll across to messages and click messages it opens up the messaing section like it should and shows me the new message in bold - like it always has. HOWEVER, the new message is also highlighted in blue and the only way to get rid of this is to close the message and go back to my inbox, then re-enter the message again. Clicking around on the screen does not get rid of the hilighting of the new message.

2) I used to like my Samsung keyboard I used to have with WM 6.1 becuase it was big - I find the Windows keyboard simply too small and certainly cannot use it with my fingers! Is there anyway I can get the samsung one back or is there an alternative keyboard I can download?

Thanks for all the help!

Tom

Guest jmsmartins
Hi guys,

Just got 23001 12MB and I'm finding it great but I only have 2 issues that may have been mentioned but I can't find them if they have! I've got the "Deafult Windows" theme for today so I can scroll up, down, left and right around all the various desktop things.

1) When I go to the notifcations section after receiving a message, so the section that tells me about missed calls, e-mails, messages etc. and then scroll across to messages and click messages it opens up the messaing section like it should and shows me the new message in bold - like it always has. HOWEVER, the new message is also highlighted in blue and the only way to get rid of this is to close the message and go back to my inbox, then re-enter the message again. Clicking around on the screen does not get rid of the hilighting of the new message.

2) I used to like my Samsung keyboard I used to have with WM 6.1 becuase it was big - I find the Windows keyboard simply too small and certainly cannot use it with my fingers! Is there anyway I can get the samsung one back or is there an alternative keyboard I can download?

Thanks for all the help!

Tom

Hi Tom!

You can download and install samsung keyboard if you like it

http://rapidshare.com/files/191937285/OmniaKeyboard.zip ---> you have this and other apps on the first page of this thread.

I don't know them personally mas they talk around about other keyboards like fingerkeyb, touchpal, ect. Do some research ;)

Guest ThroNiX

Hi guys.

First of all, respect to the maker(s) of this ROM, its definately awesome!

Now I have a lil' question concerning M2d. How can I make my SIM contacts pop up at the list of 'People' Because I can't seem to find an option for that.

Thanks in advance.

Guest praico
Hello everybody!

First in time, sorry for my english, i'm native of Portuguese language (Brasil).

Somebody help me???

Yesterday i update my Omnia for de new version: "3 in 1 12 Mb pagepool WM 6.5" and now my cel dosen't work more ;) . It doesn't make calls or received calls. It can't conect to 3G net of my city, however, it can conect througt edge and hspda to internet and others programs, like to: Msn, weahter etc. What can i do for fix my problem? Somebody help me? I did the update for 3G througt to "Grand Prix", but not works...

Thank's.

Just to try to help him I gonna write in portuguese.

Gustavo,

1) Qual a sua operadora?

2) Tem certeza que seu telefone não é i900L? Digo isso pois muito Omnias vendidos no Brasil são i900L, e esta ROM que você colocou é para o i900. Esta pode ser a razão dos problemas.

Aguardo o seu retorno.

Guest ronaldb3
Just to try to help him I gonna write in portuguese.

Gustavo,

1) Qual a sua operadora?

2) Tem certeza que seu telefone não é i900L? Digo isso pois muito Omnias vendidos no Brasil são i900L, e esta ROM que você colocou é para o i900. Esta pode ser a razão dos problemas.

Aguardo o seu retorno.

Nice of you to add comment for us. ;)

I think this is a valid exception to our normally English only rule here.

Good job.

Ron...

Guest kheung
Hello everybody!

Somebody help me???

Thank's.

It may be that your phone needs to unlock to use 3G. Would you tell me how to update for 3G through to "Grand Prix". I want to try and to see if it works or not. Thanks.

Guest PengSP

Finally I got a chance to test 3-in-1 8MB ppc & my GarminmobileXT working properly. The previous 12MB was fast & responsive but some prog crash at 1st start. For newbies looking for which ROM to use, I recommend 8MB. NO problem encounter yet, internet working fine, bluetooth linked with my Garmin Nuvi unit working fine.

Guest Lost-in-omniA

Hi,

I have a problem with the zip folders, after updating the ROM i can't open zip folders on phone, and one more problem regarding the reg files. I have PHM reg edit installed with the ROM but i am not able to open the reg file from my doc.

Any help?

Finally I got a chance to test 3-in-1 8MB ppc & my GarminmobileXT working properly. The previous 12MB was fast & responsive but some prog crash at 1st start. For newbies looking for which ROM to use, I recommend 8MB. NO problem encounter yet, internet working fine, bluetooth linked with my Garmin Nuvi unit working fine.

My current setup is:

PDA: MBHJ3

PHONE: XXHJ1

Just wondering if I should be able to do a straight upgrade to latest version or would I need to flash to something else first?

The error code is actually 0x80180001. Checked some other threads and according to this thread (http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-493228.html) the error started with 5.2.21159 and the older ones were ok. Has anybody else here experienced this and can point to a 6.5 version which does not have this problem?

Some threads (http://eten-users.eu/index.php?showtopic=13376&st=255)also talk about GPRS tools causing this problem. I don't think there are any built in in the LITE ROMs. Any ideas?

It seems that this issue is endemic to 6.5 and not to a particular ROM. Have flashed quite a few and all give error code after some time.

Went back to 6.1 and OOPS now I am getting 0x85010014. AARGH!!! Will contact my exchange admin when I go back to work on Monday.

Guest Broda

Can anyone explain to me what is that Pagepool and the difference between them 4-8-12 ?

Page pool is an area of RAM which is set aside to hold the next block of code the processor is likely to need to execute. It prefetches this from ROM as it executes the program. If the next step of the program needs something that's not in the page pool, the processor goes to the ROM to get it. ROM access is slower than RAM access. So generally, as you increase the page pool size, the chances of the required code being in the page pool increases and speed increases. There is a limit beyond which you won't see any increase in performance.

Edited by Broda