[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest jonboyuk
that's no good :D i use a lot of text messanging and keyboard...so what's the most bugless version then?

Well adversely it works fine for me Mr.Orion. I have installed fingerkeyboard 2.1 (the best IMO) and set it as the default SIP. Works fine :) As for texting, unless you switch of threaded responses, you don't generally need to press 'reply'. Open the thread of text conversation and type your message. Again for me (23060) it works fine.

Guest Nickste

Hi there,

Installed this ROM yesterday and am very impressed :) Some really great improvements :D

There are two things that I seem unable to figure out. In other ROMs that I have used, when holding down the X (close) button for a longer period of time, WM kills the program and doesn't just minimize it to the background. I can't seem to do that with this ROM - any ideas?

Also, previous roms had a "drop down" arrow at the top right of the screen, which I could tap to see a list of open applications. The only way I can find to switch between open apps on this ROM is to open the task manager.

Please let me know if there are any apps I can install that can sort out these problems.

Thanks for all the great work,

Nick

Guest gianton
Hi there,

Installed this ROM yesterday and am very impressed :) Some really great improvements :D

There are two things that I seem unable to figure out. In other ROMs that I have used, when holding down the X (close) button for a longer period of time, WM kills the program and doesn't just minimize it to the background. I can't seem to do that with this ROM - any ideas?

Also, previous roms had a "drop down" arrow at the top right of the screen, which I could tap to see a list of open applications. The only way I can find to switch between open apps on this ROM is to open the task manager.

Please let me know if there are any apps I can install that can sort out these problems.

Thanks for all the great work,

Nick

You have to install Showcase Suite

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=3

Well adversely it works fine for me Mr.Orion. I have installed fingerkeyboard 2.1 (the best IMO) and set it as the default SIP. Works fine :) As for texting, unless you switch of threaded responses, you don't generally need to press 'reply'. Open the thread of text conversation and type your message. Again for me (23060) it works fine.

You are right SMS works fine as default, no need to click on Reply, when I open the thread I can type already the message. Thanks a million

I was just testing it using the favorites hackings tool to Enable sms thread and it changes my SMS settings

I couldn't go back to thread settings so I uninstalled SPB keyboard, installed it back again, soft-reset and I got threaded setting back

Now I just click on text message and I can type the reply.

It would be good if this can be fixed next release so that we can switch between threaded and not threaded message

Thanks

Edited by cga

Guest skaynan

a small problem with K's rom:

When I'm listening to music through the analog connector (not bluetooth) and want to make or receive a phonecall, the audio of the phonecall does not get routed to the bluetooth, instead it's also routed to the analog external speakers. I can't also talk from the bluetooth mic- the configuration assumes that if the analog audio is connected, Bluetooth is completely bypassed. now, any other rom I ever used, including the original that came with the phone, behaves in a differant way- whenever you are in call it routs the audio to the bluetooth headset regardles if the analog audio connector is connected or not. is there any way to configure the otherwise amazing K's Rom to have it's audio routing behaving "normal"?

Guest Kampos

Anyone having the same problem , when iam connected with the wifi i go for windows live messenger and try to sign it but it says check your connection while the wifi is already connected perfect signal , not just the MSN facebook also and accuweather all the things that need connection

thanks for anyone can read this and help me too

do i have to install XP? that sucks...when i updated my rom before i was able to flash on Vista using a official rom :)

I flash my phone all the time with VMware and it works flawlessly better than from Vista

Guest swwitch
Start -> Options -> Connections -> Browser Connection -> Tick "Automatically detect settings"

i have this problem, and internet still doesn't work,

Guest Ahnt99

Khunchai, you're ROCK!!!

This ROM was like the best ROM ever, it's fast, small, consumed less battery and most importantly it's able to run UTD!!!!!

Guest GOOTHRIE
Anyone having the same problem , when iam connected with the wifi i go for windows live messenger and try to sign it but it says check your connection while the wifi is already connected perfect signal , not just the MSN facebook also and accuweather all the things that need connection

Try to check your network adapters and make sure in settings you have to choose your network card connect to the internet.

Maybe it can help you :)

Guest GOOTHRIE

Try to check your network adapters in Wifi and make sure about settings, you have to choose your network card connect to (the internet).

Maybe it can help you :)

You probably use inesoft phone or another program that has bluetooth.

Go to start up folder in windows and delete the bluetooth icon notifier ink.Reset.

Yes, I'm using Inesoft. But there's nothing about bluetooth on Windows\StartUp folder. If you refer to Windows\BtIconNotifier.exe, I renamed it but appeared again after the reset! :)

Thanks anyway.

Guest Kampos
Try to check your network adapters in Wifi and make sure about settings, you have to choose your network card connect to (the internet).

Maybe it can help you :D

Sorry mate but am not sure that will help cuz i used to connect to my modem since i got my samsung omnia and when i was using sector's rom didn't have this problem beside i changed the source of the wifi signal from my neighbors didn't help

so thanks anyway for your reply :)

Edited by Kampos

Guest Kampos

Iam using build 23060 with BT-audio fix (1 October 2009) it's a really great rom though

but i have a problem , i used to use my Wifi connection with sectors' rom but when i flashed the new rom i had no connection even if iam connected to the wifi

1- i did hard reset ( didn't help )

2- changed the source of the wifi signal ( didn't help )

3- tried different programs " msn , spb weather , xatra download " ( didn't help )

so before leaving this rom which i really don't want to can anyone help me i will attach screen shots though

post-550060-1254727916_thumb.png

post-550060-1254727939_thumb.png

post-550060-1254727945_thumb.png

Edited by Kampos

Guest 183.amir

hi i upgraded my omnia to this rom

[ROM]Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23060 with BT-audio fix (1 October 2009)

it's great but i have a major problem when i press the X button it minimizes the application i want my programs to be closed instead.

plz help me!

Guest leap_ahead
Iam using build 23060 with BT-audio fix (1 October 2009) it's a really great rom though

but i have a problem , i used to use my Wifi connection with sectors' rom but when i flashed the new rom i had no connection even if iam connected to the wifi

1- i did hard reset ( didn't help )

2- changed the source of the wifi signal ( didn't help )

3- tried different programs " msn , spb weather , xatra download " ( didn't help )

so before leaving this rom which i really don't want to can anyone help me i will attach screen shots though

Cannot connect to internet: Go to Settings>Connections>Operator settings, Set a different operator than yours wait for 30 secs and then re-enable your default one.

Guest network-ninja

Hi,

I've just flashed my omnia with the 1 Oct rom, and it's great! loving it. Just one rather noob question:

1) Is there a way to change the start bar from being at the bottom to back at the top? I see previous 23060 rom's had the standard Start bat at the top. Is there any way of changing it back?

2) Also, I'd like to use the Samsung dialler, so I changed it in the favorite hackings app, but now when I open the dialler it comes up as being too long for the screen, so there is a scroll bar. It actually fits perfectly, but there is a small blank, white bar at the bottom which is forcing it to use the scroll bar. Is there a way to remove the white bar (which should remove the scroll bar, which should make it a bit more usable...)

Thats it...As I said, I've very much a noob to this. It's my first rom, and so far, definitely an improvement!

Thanks all!!!

network-ninja