[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest Lancez
In M2D, Is there any settings to make TouchFlo to display the same background like the home tab and not just black on other tabs?

use M2DC, launch it then scroll to the right at bottom, tap background then browse, the file has to be in .PNG format

Guest palah
Im using PPCPimBackup V2.8 since wm6.1 on my Asus P525 till now on Omni wm6.5 (build 21198.5.0.0).

Ok, forgot omnia does not like .rar so unpacked and installed the file and now working ... thanks for reply

Guest Maxwell Newton

Hi Khuanchai!

Just reading through this thread since the release of this new ROM and there have been many little problems that people have posted fixes to (problems not related to ROM) eg how to remove auto rotate service, is it possable to include these in the first post like a stickie?

Thanks,

Max

Guest gianton

Been using it nearly 24h, very stable all functions work OK. I guess I will rest from flashing till next build! B)

Thanks!

Edited by gianton

Guest Lancez
Hi Khuanchai!

Just reading through this thread since the release of this new ROM and there have been many little problems that people have posted fixes to (problems not related to ROM) eg how to remove auto rotate service, is it possable to include these in the first post like a stickie?

Thanks,

Max

to remove rotation service, go to setting>>>system>>>remove programs, select QBUS rotation service and remove, maybe a reset after that.......... this little program was installed by UC it is not cooked into ROM as well as the white battery icon which shows the percentage.

Guest badman08

Great ROM, flashed the lite version yesterday and will do that with the full version again today... Thanks kuanchai!!!!!! B) I am using your Roms since january and dont want anything else...

Here' my feedback: AutoRotation does not work in File Explorer, too ! Where can this be configured ? Dont want to remove rotationservice at all...

And I found out, that SynchroTime has gone...., why ? :( Was using this after each flash regularly... :(

Edited by badman08

Guest Maxwell Newton
to remove rotation service, go to setting>>>system>>>remove programs, select QBUS rotation service and remove, maybe a reset after that.......... this little program was installed by UC it is not cooked into ROM as well as the white battery icon which shows the percentage.

Miunderstanding, i know how to do it, but to save other people readin through 30 pages of thread, they can just look at a list of common problems in the first post.

On a side note:

Am i correct in thinking you cant flash a ROM from vista?

Guest palah
New M2D full version updated in the above link. B)

I have a finally final plan for this build: Non-M2D Omnia Lightest version (certainly with BT audiofix).

Will try to make it 130 MB free storage. :(

After that I'll take a break for a while until the next build comes.

Hi Khuanchai, was using your 21195 rom and very happy with, only thing that was not working was handset notifying by sound when an email/text came in - it would do sometimes and not another. So installed your FullM2D 21198 Rom and have found you cannot 'wake up' with front keys which was working fine on 21195... have enabled settings but no joy... any ideas as while not a big deal not sure why not working now

Guest Lancez
Miunderstanding, i know how to do it, but to save other people readin through 30 pages of thread, they can just look at a list of common problems in the first post.

On a side note:

Am i correct in thinking you cant flash a ROM from vista?

u certainly can...... look for a thread here..........

First; thank u K, for the work and effort. It all works like a charm! (the only downside is that it takes me forever to get the Internet connection working, since the standard work around doesn't work for me... I have to get a program first to try and connect then go to connection manager and run automatically configure connection a couple of times...)

Anyway, does anyone knows how much of this ROM is 6.5 and how much is 6.1? Will the final 6.5 still have the dreaded 6.1 look when you go beyond the start menu and honey comb?

Thanx again!

Guest jh4ns

Great room Khuanchai,

I have been flashing my omnia for so many times, but never got the version as fast and stable as this,

Appreciate ur hard work. B)

Just got some question, as this rom doesnt support chinese language, can i somehow install the language pack input and also output so my omnia can write and read chinese?

Thanks a lot :(

Guest khomsn

Hi Khunchai.

I have installed 21198 full version, it is very good rom but one more thing HTCalbum can't open BMP file. How can I solve this.

Thanks

Guest Maxwell Newton
u certainly can...... look for a thread here..........

Did some searching but cant find anything, do you know the name of the topic?

Having some troubles installing from an XP machine. I follow the instructions, turn off device, plug it in, turn it back on, but i get the following error:

No PDA Device Found .. close device

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

timeout--

PDA Device not found.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks,

Max

EDIT: Dont worry! Tried a fourth time and it magically worked! Thanks B)

Edited by Maxwell Newton

Guest chokia

jh4ns,

To read chinese and japanese you need sunglobe.cab (google)

To read korean you need malgun.ttf (from your computer)

To read indian you need latha.ttf (from your computer)

Some websites i usually visit have these languages, eventhough i cant read them i want them to be displayed properly and not some ugly boxes.

To write chinese, japanese, korean, you need CEStar (google)

All these asian languages support files are big>3MB (except for malgun and latha) and they must be in windows folder (you can install in My Storage but all the big files will go to windows by default, so it will definitely consume a lot of space.

No wonder some cookers will left them out.

use M2DC, launch it then scroll to the right at bottom, tap background then browse, the file has to be in .PNG format

Thanks, and it works but the background become so dark, any settings to make it as bright as the home tab?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the honeycomb,

After Khuanchai enabled the background wallpaper you chosed to be displayed on honeycomb menu (instead of just black) in this ROM, I really love it and now i understand why honeycomb is actually better than the large menu.

This is why, Since it scrolls page by page (which is really smart), It allows you to accumulate (move them to the top) the most important apps, most frequent link and menu on the first page/scroll/flick. Less frequent to the next flick/scroll and so on.

By having this it is more faster then the conventional menu. Just make sure "Today" is at the top so you can go back to Today page in just one touch.

Now, How can i change the shadow to the old hexagon? or get back the transparent honeycomb?

Edited by chokia

Guest Maxwell Newton

Wow :S Im new to this honeycomb thing, is it possable to get back the old start menu drop down list when i click Start from the top left?

Is it also possable to get back the old layout of the Settings menu, with the personal, system and (cant remember) tabs?

Anyone know where i can download the Samsung phonepad? The input device that looks like a normal phone for ex :

1 2 3

.!? abc def

etc... ?

Thankyou.

Hi,

How do for set the Omnia Keyboard PHONEPAD in default after reboot and not the Omnia Keyboard ?

Because when i need the Keyboard after a reboot (sms, opera, IE...), it's the Omnia Keyboard in default and i need the Omnia PhonePad in default auto.

Thanks B)