[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest fritzprezz
I don't know if this happened to anyone but I've had this for a while now, my phone will sometimes 'locked up', won't response to hardkey, screen wont show up even if I press or hold the power button. Only thing I can do is to take battery out and turn it back on, this happens EVERYDAY for at least once! I have no idea whats wrong with it. This happened with all the rom I tried, any idea guys?

this happns to me. when my omnia was new... i installed so many application in my device not in storage... and also.. installing 3rd party apps like finger keyboard.. i hate the most.. it always make my omnia bugged down.. i suggest...

install only what is really essential to your phone..or others commonly used. or install only those that are reliable on safe to install like resco's spbs software..

avoid installing on device..

and most important... install only roms from sector and khuanchai.. :excl:

Thanks

Guest shokka9
and most important... install only roms from sector and khuanchai.. :excl:

Thanks bro, love you too :excl:

Mine are same SYS as sector & khuanchai. I just put different (tried & tested) apps in there.

Please dont say 'install only roms from .......' mine are fine too you know :excl:

Guest previa
Still having trouble with the Chinese charaters after loaded sunglobe.cab and hard reset . I am using 4-in-1 21500. Could anyone help to guide me to sort it out ?

Try to use this software "id_M2D_Minglui". After installation just softrest

1d_M2D_Mingliu.CAB

Guest kenncn
Try to use this software "id_M2D_Minglui". After installation just softrest

Thanks, Previa. This font really works ! Sunglobe.cab didn't work even i made some changes to the register. Perhaps I didn't do it right. anyway thanks again for your great font !

Guest kenncn
look for t2008's ROM thread, he's got a CAB working just fine on mine

Thank you all the same. I tried but failed to download CAB. the link seems to be broken. Previa sent me another CAB. It works. So sunglobe.cab does not work well to support Chinese language on this ROM even I changed the register ( I might not do it right ).

Guest fritzprezz
Thanks bro, love you too :excl:

Mine are same SYS as sector & khuanchai. I just put different (tried & tested) apps in there.

Please dont say 'install only roms from .......' mine are fine too you know :excl:

My apologiez dude... shouldnt say like that.... as my apology i will flash rom with our version now.. and test it.. honestly.. im just an ordinary guy that looks stable rom it sho happen.. i only tried sector's and khuanchai... coz im afraid to brick my phone.. but i'll try yours buddy.. promise.. :excl:

Guest huangrongbin

when i enable musicwidget in manilla, the machine does not work . i have to reset.after then,i have to disable the musicwidget .it is ok.

Guest ntbook

Do you know if there is a chance to change the Opera Version once the rom ins installed?

I had in my previous ROM a version of opera, it worked much smoother for example when you want to go down on a long webpage the inertia was more natural. In this version 15954 seems like I need to scroll a few times more to get to the end.

I have already changed the scroll in the opera:config from 100% to 199% but i didnt notice much difference.

And the zooming bar sometimes when i slide it, it doesnt stays and gets back to where it was.

So I was wondering If a can change the version, (maybe replacing the opera.exe and operaL.exe, or installing an upgrade i dont know) any experiences or device? Or maybe change some specific configuration in opera:config would do?

The good thing about this one is that the bookmarks saved automatically are included in the browser tab in m2d!!

thanks!!

Guest Michael Pang
Thanks, Previa. This font really works ! Sunglobe.cab didn't work even i made some changes to the register. Perhaps I didn't do it right. anyway thanks again for your great font !

below is the actual fix for the chinese display issue in M2D. you can use whatever fonts you want. just remember to let M2D know where is the chinese fonts to link to. edit that registry and soft reset. that's it

sorry to post chinese here.

- 請先下載修改登錄檔的軟體 PHM Registry Editor--更改登錄檔的實用小工具

- 開啟PHM Registry Editor 並切換到下列路徑HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FontLink\Sys temLink

- 找到[HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman]和[HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin]機碼

- 然後把這兩個機碼所指向的字型路徑改成想換的中文字型路

Guest Thailand LongLiveTheKing

i can't write English ผมคนไทย เขียนไม่เป็น i want to download but my internet is 56k

Guest TootsieRoll

Hi all,

Is there anyway to make the music tab on M2D to continue playing after turning screen off ? I've never done registry edit so if I have to go that route where can I get step by step instruction? -- Thanks a bunch

(current version -- 4 in 1 build 21500)

Guest ntbook
Do you know if there is a chance to change the Opera Version once the rom ins installed?

I had in my previous ROM a version of opera, it worked much smoother for example when you want to go down on a long webpage the inertia was more natural. In this version 15954 seems like I need to scroll a few times more to get to the end.

I have already changed the scroll in the opera:config from 100% to 199% but i didnt notice much difference.

And the zooming bar sometimes when i slide it, it doesnt stays and gets back to where it was.

So I was wondering If a can change the version, (maybe replacing the opera.exe and operaL.exe, or installing an upgrade i dont know) any experiences or device? Or maybe change some specific configuration in opera:config would do?

The good thing about this one is that the bookmarks saved automatically are included in the browser tab in m2d!!

thanks!!

Also, I see that in this ROM the Opera is not the default browser (once a pop up menu asked for this and i answered no), because if I click on a link in a Mail, it goes to IE. Is it possible to change that?

thanks in advance!

Guest ntbook
Also, I see that in this ROM the Opera is not the default browser (once a pop up menu asked for this and i answered no), because if I click on a link in a Mail, it goes to IE. Is it possible to change that?

thanks in advance!

Ok thanks to SPB Backup (used soo many times) I've got to install the 15746 version of Opera (the one with the zoom on the side), that solutioned the default browser issue and it's in my opinion a better browsing experience than 15954 version. The only thing I will miss is the automatic addition fo the bookmarks to the internet tab in manila... maybe there's a solution for that too...

Testing a bit more, looks like i lost the possibiliti to look flash !

Here is the cab I used (from xda developers forum)

http://rapidshare.com/files/20363730...6_WWE_QVGA.cab

PS: Please delete the link if it doesnt complies with the forum rules that i've posted it (and my apologize if it is so)

Edited by ntbook

Guest chokia

I personally prefer Khuanchai version of Opera 15954 than the old 15746, because the latter is too

"slippery", and yeah it doesnt "stray" on the zoom but it strays to everywhere else.

And why you want to scroll the page to the very end when you start to surf?

15954 gives you a better control of the page without "straying" everywhere with a slightest flick.

Only the zoom will return to half when you release the slide (+). Not sure whether this is a good thing or not.

Anyway, Outlook will open link with IE regardless whether you set Opera as default browser or not.

Edited by chokia

Guest ntbook
I personally prefer Khuanchai version of Opera 15954 than the old 15746, because the latter is too

"slippery", and yeah it doesnt "stray" on the zoom but it strays to everywhere else.

And why you want to scroll the page to the very end when you start to surf?

15954 gives you a better control of the page without "straying" everywhere with a slightest flick.

Only the zoom will return to half when you release the slide (+). Not sure whether this is a good thing or not.

Anyway, Outlook will open link with IE regardless whether you set Opera as default browser or not.

Yes I think it's a matter of personal preferences, 15746 feels faster for me, the other one felt lagged, of course thats my personal opinion. Anyway, I have to figure out how to get videos in the webpages again, as i lost them when i installed 15746. Solution seems to be here re installing flash: http://www.htcmania.com/attachment.php?att...mp;d=1237737119

Edited by ntbook

Guest corwest
Ok thanks to SPB Backup (used soo many times) I've got to install the 15746 version of Opera (the one with the zoom on the side), that solutioned the default browser issue and it's in my opinion a better browsing experience than 15954 version. The only thing I will miss is the automatic addition fo the bookmarks to the internet tab in manila... maybe there's a solution for that too...

Testing a bit more, looks like i lost the possibiliti to look flash !

Here is the cab I used (from xda developers forum)

http://rapidshare.com/files/20363730...6_WWE_QVGA.cab

PS: Please delete the link if it doesnt complies with the forum rules that i've posted it (and my apologize if it is so)

Thanks for posting this man. I like this version better oo, it came wth my omnia when i got it. I missed it :excl:

Guest Apo11on

Does anyone know what registry settings to modify in order to re-assign "All People" and "All Messages" buttons at the bottom of Manila 2D home screen, in order to point to custom Contacts and SMS applications, instead of the default ones? I'm using I c o n s o f t P h o n E x and V I T O S M S - C h a t

Edited by Apo11on

Guest Lancez
Does anyone know what registry settings to modify in order to re-assign "All People" and "All Messages" buttons at the bottom of Manila 2D home screen, in order to point to custom Contacts and SMS applications, instead of the default ones? I'm using I c o n s o f t P h o n E x and V I T O S M S - C h a t

well, im usinng Spam alert too at this moment.... i just tried all people soft key and it opens Spam alert's contact list......about SMS, i dont know if it'll work the same way, not using any third party for SMS, yet.....

how's the progress on the i910 ROM? is it slow? thinking about getting one myself if the GPS works.

Guest tommy1971
below is the actual fix for the chinese display issue in M2D. you can use whatever fonts you want. just remember to let M2D know where is the chinese fonts to link to. edit that registry and soft reset. that's it

sorry to post chinese here.

- 請先下載修改登錄檔的軟體 PHM Registry Editor--更改登錄檔的實用小工具

- 開啟PHM Registry Editor 並切換到下列路徑HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FontLink\Sys temLink

- 找到[HelveticaNeue LT 55 Roman]和[HelveticaNeue LT 35 Thin]機碼

- 然後把這兩個機碼所指向的字型路徑改成想換的中文字型路

Guest tingchung_chin
go to page 59 at the top portion..youll find it there :excl:

how can i have the weather panel like Sector? i had successfully insert the weather panel and update without problem, just i can't get slide to get the inform like Sector.

post-150032-1239597650_thumb.jpg

Guest omnia newbie

i am happy with winmo 6.5 and improvement.. fast and stable.. the annoying problem.... i have reset it often.. coz.. the graphic .. messed up (crash!) after using for little while.. especially running msn/M2D....I have to soft reset at least 1/2 of dozen per day.. this problem was not in winmo 6.1 .. anyone.. found the solution.. or we just wait...... for official upgrade...

the problem is much less with windefaults on today!

Edited by omnia newbie