[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest chokia
how can i have the weather panel like Sector? i had successfully insert the weather panel and update without problem, just i can't get slide to get the inform like Sector.

Why dont you ask in sector's thread?

The weather using mortscript that running in background. which is bad.

Guest kenncn
m2d.gif

You can only have transparent top bar when you turn from landscape to potrait. Since most people with m2D "jammed" their landscape mode in m2D then they will never get the transparent top bar.

Do not set motion sensor to manual or do not use QBUS Rotation Service (if you want transparent topbar)

Hi chokia, i really like your background picture. it looks beautiful ! how could I change my black background to this one ? I am using 4-in-1 21500 now. Thanks.

Guest chokia
Hi chokia, i really like your background picture. it looks beautiful ! how could I change my black background to this one ? I am using 4-in-1 21500 now. Thanks.

Wallpaper Tips.

1. Dont choose 240x400 wallpaper, this doesnt work in landscape. Choose any PC wallpaper you like and resize to VGA 640x480 then put it into omnia (easiest way)

2. M2D really crap. It only support homescreen with the one you chosed, but the rest of the tab requires 240x400 in PNG format. (Why nobody bothers to fix this?)

So the easiest method (Lancez's way)

1. Activate Shake and Save, in PNG format and start.

2. Press and Hold the camera button to activate media album

3. Find the homescreen background, and zoom up until it fits the screen in potrait mode.

4. Shake your phone and you have that picture in Shake and Save folder.

5. Start>Tools>M2DC>background> find the picture, apply and you're done

but if you lazy to do all that then here you go:-

post-423790-1239630679_thumb.jpg

To be used in M2D homescreen and others (titanium, touchWiz, todayStd) works in both landscape & potrait

post-423790-1239630719_thumb.png

To be used in other M2D tabs

Guest Maxwell Newton

Hi Khuanchai,

I have a few problems with the samsung keyoards you posted. They only seem to work in some apps/text boxes. Sometimes they either wont allow me to choose text entry (phonepad) or just wont enter any text at all, it comes up with the t9 word predictions but when you choose one it doesnt enter it.

Please help me to sort this out! The samsung keyboards are the best, please help me to fix them!

Other than that, this is a brilliantly smooth rom with everything i need, its great to see full M2D back without having to manually add in the extra screens. Loving windows 7.5 and the blue menus.

Thankyou for all your hard work.

Maxwell

Guest Apo11on
well, im usinng Spam alert too at this moment.... i just tried all people soft key and it opens Spam alert's contact list......about SMS, i dont know if it'll work the same way, not using any third party for SMS, yet.....

how's the progress on the i910 ROM? is it slow? thinking about getting one myself if the GPS works.

I'm looking for someone to give the registry hive path to modify, so these softkeys ("All People" and "All Messages") could be remapped to custom applications. If someone knows where it is - please post.

Also, SPB Plus doesn't seem to happily co-exist with M2D - it just doesn't work. In particular, i'm interested in replacing "X" button "minimize" functionality at the upper right of each window with the real "close" - since SPB Plus doesn't work - can anyone suggest alternative solution?

As far as i910 cooking goes - it's going slow, because we only got 1 "chef" and he's working hard. So far, having trouble extracting Customer_CSC.bin from unified image and also the attempts to cook wm 6.5 ROM have not been successful so far.

Guest kurniawan
can anyone please give me the the string under HKLM\\software\microsoft\chome\cclock\sk2URL...?

thanks a lot

What do u need..... i have mine customed, but it's :MSWRLSMGR

In SK2TEXT i have Wireless Manager

easier for me as i switch between 3G and WiFi quit often

But it depends what u wanna have there... is it contacts, settings, clock, whatever.....

Guest Lancez
What do u need..... i have mine customed, but it's :MSWRLSMGR

In SK2TEXT i have Wireless Manager

easier for me as i switch between 3G and WiFi quit often

But it depends what u wanna have there... is it contacts, settings, clock, whatever.....

:excl: the first one is what i want, messed up with it....... i, too, se wireless manager as SK2text............thanks

Guest kurniawan
how can i have the weather panel like Sector? i had successfully insert the weather panel and update without problem, just i can't get slide to get the inform like Sector.

post-150032-1239597650_thumb.jpg

Sector is working on this..... it will be on his next ROM.... :excl:

Guest kurniawan

question for u guys...

Do u have 2 files, StartMenu_Background_Screen_240x400.png and StartMenu_Background_Screen_400x240.png in the latest 3 in 1 ROM???

If yes, can one of u upload these... just wanna see what's the difference between Khuanchai and Sector's ROM, as in Khuanchai's, if i choose my own wallpaper it's also shown in the startmenu as brite as in the today screen. In Sector's, The wallpaper gets dark in startmenu (honeycomb)

EDIT: Found it out, thanx

Edited by kurniawan

Guest Lancez
I'm looking for someone to give the registry hive path to modify, so these softkeys ("All People" and "All Messages") could be remapped to custom applications. If someone knows where it is - please post.

Also, SPB Plus doesn't seem to happily co-exist with M2D - it just doesn't work. In particular, i'm interested in replacing "X" button "minimize" functionality at the upper right of each window with the real "close" - since SPB Plus doesn't work - can anyone suggest alternative solution?

As far as i910 cooking goes - it's going slow, because we only got 1 "chef" and he's working hard. So far, having trouble extracting Customer_CSC.bin from unified image and also the attempts to cook wm 6.5 ROM have not been successful so far.

i wish i could help u guys out, but since u guys r having problems.... i think u guys can ask ROM cookers around here......i believe that they'd be happy to help u out......... to name a few: sector,khuanchai,shokka9 or qbus.....they r the most experienced cookers around here these days, especially with 6.5. wish u guys the best......... :excl:

Guest Michael Pang

hi khuanchai,

one more request for your next release, can you include the In Call Recording hacking by default to the ROM. this make the rom more complete

Guest Seth Cold

kuanchai... which dialer do you recomend? i have issues with pho nex and inesoft phone v4.55... with pho neex i get call drops at 2 mins of talking, and with inesoft most calls wont even come out... or get hanged at 2 seconds...im not sure what's wrong... using your 4 in 1...phone ex with the 21500 and used inesoft v 4.55 with the 21202

basically im trying to avoid the unknown caller issue... plus is there a way to answer with the "call/answer" button? i only seem to be able to answer using the on screen green slider...(when not using a third-party dialer)

thanx in advance

Edited by Seth Cold

Guest chokia
<br />hi khuanchai,<br /><br />one more request for your next release, can you include the In Call Recording hacking by default to the ROM. this make the rom more complete<br />

Please dont ask to include more freeware when you can find it and install it yourself, coz since we asked to remove the annoying UC (User Customization), the chef will hardcoded these freeware into the ROM, which in the end we cant remove them. Infact we also do not want the ROM to be a bloatware with hardcoded freewares that either buggy or not as good as other app that you can find other place.

Case-in-point

1. White battery - overlapped with HTC Task Manager, now the battery button cannot be used

2. Rotation service - thank God its gone

3. UC - thank god its gone

4. Cyberon Voice Dialler - not as good as Microsoft Voice Command

5. In Call Recording - not as good as Vito One Touch Notes

6. PHM Registry - not as good as SKtool

7. Fring (in Taril's ROM) - not as good as Nimbuzz

8. Google Maps - not as good as Google navigator

9. TouchPlayer - not as good as Coreplayer or WMP

10.Samsung keyboard - not as good as Fingerkeyboard2.1

11. S2U2 - not everyone wants Iphone-like slider as lockscreen, WM6.5 lockscreen is unique to WM

12. G-Alarm - not everyone wants a redundant alarm app when the build in alarm is sufficient

13. PhoneEX or inesoft phone v4.55 or WM standard dialler - all not support Video Call so Samsung dialler still the best

And so many more, PShutXp, Iphone WMP Skin, Pim contact backup etc where you can install yourself if you wish to have.

Edited by chokia

Guest chokia
kuanchai... which dialer do you recomend? i have issues with pho nex and inesoft phone v4.55... with pho neex i get call drops at 2 mins of talking, and with inesoft most calls wont even come out... or get hanged at 2 seconds...im not sure what's wrong... using your 4 in 1...phone ex with the 21500 and used inesoft v 4.55 with the 21202

basically im trying to avoid the unknown caller issue... plus is there a way to answer with the "call/answer" button? i only seem to be able to answer using the on screen green slider...(when not using a third-party dialer)

thanx in advance

The reason when something is locked, it will deter the hard button to function, say your phone in your pocket, we do not want it automatically answer call, or reject call which is even worse, or on camera etc automatically.

So no point having lockscreen when the button is functioning. Thats why Microsoft made the green and red button to slide instead of press. Very unlikely something in your pocket can slide the button to answer or reject call

Edited by chokia

Guest Apo11on
i wish i could help u guys out, but since u guys r having problems.... i think u guys can ask ROM cookers around here......i believe that they'd be happy to help u out......... to name a few: sector,khuanchai,shokka9 or qbus.....they r the most experienced cookers around here these days, especially with 6.5. wish u guys the best......... :excl:

I already found a solution for this one - it's called ssmaho, google for it or go directly to xda-developers. version 0.0.4.0 will do the trick.

Guest Michael Pang
Please dont ask to include more freeware when you can find it and install it yourself, coz since we asked to remove the annoying UC (User Customization), the chef will hardcoded these freeware into the ROM, which in the end we cant remove them. Infact we also do not want the ROM to be a bloatware with hardcoded freewares that either buggy or not as good as other app that you can find other place.

Case-in-point

1. White battery - overlapped with HTC Task Manager, now the battery button cannot be used

11. S2U2 - not everyone wants Iphone-like slider as lockscreen, WM6.5 lockscreen is unique to WM

12. G-Alarm - not everyone wants a redundant alarm app when the build in alarm is sufficient

13. PhoneEX or inesoft phone v4.55 or WM standard dialler - all not support Video Call so Samsung dialler still the best

And so many more, PShutXp, Iphone WMP Skin, Pim contact backup etc where you can install yourself if you wish to have.

since google map is already built in 3 in 1 package, that's why i just want to provide the information for there is a newer google map mobile 3.0.1.4 which actually fix some bugs.

in call recording, i thought it is a built in windows features and just see if it is good to enable it through some registry editing. i am open to everyone to include or not include any s/w. but as we all know, new release comes very fast, and it can save us a lot of time if some basic feature is already there.

Finally, sorry mate, is there anyone can tell me how to disable Zoomer in messaging?

have a nice day.

cheers.

Guest Lancez

Case-in-point

right down to the point bro, i, myself, wouldnt want a custom ROM become a fully loaded "stock ROM"......... :excl:

only hardcoded those programs that wont work properly if u installed by CABs......

i wouldnt even bother with those third party phone dialers, all we have to do is trying to get rid of that unkonwn caller ID thing then u'll get a much ,much,much better phone than Iphone

Guest Lancez
I already found a solution for this one - it's called ssmaho, google for it or go directly to xda-developers. version 0.0.4.0 will do the trick.

if i wasn't wrong, that is what they use for cooking.........

Guest Maxwell Newton

thanx in advance

Use the samsung dialer, as stated above its probably still the best.

I have started using S2U2 (with caller ID on) which doesnt have the caller ID bug for me.

Guest shokka9
if i wasn't wrong, that is what they use for cooking.........

I dont think we use SSMaHo for cooking. I used to cook SSMaPa for the users...If we want to change anything, we directly edit the registry.

Tested this out last night actually. Its a hell of a lot easier to use than SSMaPa was. The GUI is easy, for first times users - have the web page open on your PC so you can read and use it at same time.

I remapped G-Alarm to Clock, Coreplayer to music Tab (not a good idea - but worked).

I may start cooking SSMaHo again, this version is so much better.

Guest shokka9
Use the samsung dialer, as stated above its probably still the best.

I have started using S2U2 (with caller ID on) which doesnt have the caller ID bug for me.

I use ph-o-nex without any issues whatsoever. It lasts as long as the call does. I get caller ID (overides the lock screen in WM6.5)

Make sure you are using the latest version.