[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest Ultraviolet
Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23071 with BT-audio fix (18 October 2009)

Friends,

As promised, the new ROM build 23071 is here. Please test and post your screenshots and comments.

Download here

Enjoy the weekend!

:D

I have tried to update to your Rom DXIF1 build 23071 with BT-audio fix (18 October 2009) but I got an error (checksum failed) while running the updater. Here's a screenshot.

Any advice?

Also, I was wondering if this version includes the Samsung Touchwiz or not, cause I saw a post somewhere saying all your roms where very plain, meaning they did not include all the regular applications.. and, what languages does it support, english and spanish? (I guess it should since it's a DX..)

Thankfully I didn't brick my phone, I just disconnected and reset it and it was back on WM 6.1 version PDA DXAI5 PHONE DXID1

Thanks in advance.

post-465226-1257141167_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ultraviolet

Guest Jeanne8fr
hey Khuan, I am using 23071 but there are two problems:

1. when the device lights off (after 30 seconds), the only way to wake it up again is to press the power button once, whereas in 6.1 i can press the Call button (the left button)

thanks

Start/Settings/Personal/Buttons/Wake up

J

Guest Ultraviolet
Friends,

I have tried several new ROMs but so far not very impressed. Build 21857 has a classic WM 6.5 GUI but there is no significant improvement over the 21851. Build 23052 has new WM 6.5.1 GUI but still quite similar to the 23409. Although I have no problem with phone settings and GPS in the 23052 but I see no hurry to change our ROM to this build. I may wait to see an official ROM coming next month. Any idea?

My suggestions to those new users:

- most stable classical WM 6.1 ROM is build 21001

- most stable classical WM 6.5 ROM is build 21851

- most stable transition WM 6.5 ROM is hybrid 23028/23016

- most stable new WM 6.5.1 ROM is: none (probably you can try 23409)

Khuanchai

Where are the links to these files? specially WM 6.5 ROM is build 21851 ?

Thanks in advance!

Guest Ultraviolet

Question,

Have anybody tried to install Omnia II WM 6.5 Samsung Rom (for example DXIJ6) on Omnia I?

I like the Samsung Widgets and interface of Ominia II (I got both phones), is there a Rom for Omnia I that has the Omnia II interface? All I see is WM 6.5 with other touch friendly applications like manila or touchflow...

Thanks in advance guys...

Guest leap_ahead
Question,

Have anybody tried to install Omnia II WM 6.5 Samsung Rom (for example DXIJ6) on Omnia I?

I like the Samsung Widgets and interface of Ominia II (I got both phones), is there a Rom for Omnia I that has the Omnia II interface? All I see is WM 6.5 with other touch friendly applications like manila or touchflow...

Thanks in advance guys...

Dont TRY !!!

Guest leap_ahead
Hi,

What about 23502? Will it also be a beta for you or are you going to release it too?

Khuanchai says

Note: This will be my last ROM for i900. I have no device to test any new features and no time to make new ROM and support. Sorry about this. I would suggest flashing ROM created by sector, shokka, or those new chefs. They are making better ROMs than mine.

Guest leap_ahead
Damnit, think I just bricked my Omnia on the 23081 release.

Just my luck... not even a power led lighting up.

You guys think a Samsung Service Centre can fix the problem?

what happen?

Guest leap_ahead
I have tried to update to your Rom DXIF1 build 23071 with BT-audio fix (18 October 2009) but I got an error (checksum failed) while running the updater. Here's a screenshot.

Any advice?

Also, I was wondering if this version includes the Samsung Touchwiz or not, cause I saw a post somewhere saying all your roms where very plain, meaning they did not include all the regular applications.. and, what languages does it support, english and spanish? (I guess it should since it's a DX..)

Thankfully I didn't brick my phone, I just disconnected and reset it and it was back on WM 6.1 version PDA DXAI5 PHONE DXID1

Thanks in advance.

check this

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...00-omnia-phone/

what happen?

I flashed 23081... reboot went good, customization of software went good. The phone reset itself once or twice during config, which went well (although a white screen during screen alignment required a reset) Removed the beta by means of the registry edits described above, all still well... then I installed OmniaLite Keyboard & Calendar, needed reset, so I reset. But the phone didn't start up anymore. Not even a red or green light on the power button. And when connecting the device to a computer, it requests drivers for a MONAHANS device. Googled it already, seems like it's not something I'll be able to fix by myself.

Mailed the Samsung Service Center, hope they can help me out. However, got the phone with a 2yr phone contract, I'm halfway right now, never received a receipt for the phone :D So I'm very pessimistic.

Guess it's not (directly) related to the ROM, just needed to write off my annoyance :P

Edited by DFKT

Guest leap_ahead
I flashed 23081... reboot went good, customization of software went good. The phone reset itself once or twice during config, which went well (although a white screen during screen alignment required a reset) Removed the beta by means of the registry edits described above, all still well... then I installed OmniaLite Keyboard & Calendar, needed reset, so I reset. But the phone didn't start up anymore. Not even a red or green light on the power button. And when connecting the device to a computer, it requests drivers for a MONAHANS device. Googled it already, seems like it's not something I'll be able to fix by myself.

Mailed the Samsung Service Center, hope they can help me out. However, got the phone with a 2yr phone contract, I'm halfway right now, never received a receipt for the phone :D So I'm very pessimistic.

Guess it's not (directly) related to the ROM, just needed to write off my annoyance :P

take off battery for 10 min and try again

Long time lurker and user of Khaunchai's ROMs here...

First, like to say BIG thank you to Khaunchai for all his ROMs over the months

My particular addiction has always been fuelled by the BT voice dialling fix - in the light of K not submitting any more ROMs (a position I understand fully...), is anyone else aware of a custom ROM supporting the BT fix? I've checked Sector's and the other prominent chefs ROMs and none seem to offer this. It will be a shame to see this fix die as ROM development for the Omnia progresses into the newer builds...

Mike