How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest eufouria

Bah! not even a week and I've scratched my new screen, it also has a spot of lint beneath (Very aggrivating make sure it's clean under several different light sources before tightening your screws).

But I really wanted black anyway so as soon as I can find someone selling the new digitizer in black I'll buy and make a photo tutorial for the i910.

Guest shenster
got it attached! well one word! AMAZING!

dont forget to re-align the screen after attaching :D

SECTOR from which ebay seller did you buy it? and could you tell me what color yours is?

Guest shenster

i just ordered a black one. hopefully it will be black when i get it.. and more importantly it will be super sensitive.

Guest emre toprak
Please, any one who has the BLACK screen can you recommend a seller? PLEASE!

Every one on ebay tells me that they only have the grey one...

+ 1

anyone please

Guest vishalm

With the new touchpanels, has anyone used it with invisible shield???

I know it causes a reduction in sensitivity but i dont know how much.

my current touch screen feels responsive and sometimes works with a light finger touch. but its a hit and miss, and very fustrating when it misses.

It is extremely responsive to fingernail presses and works without a problem.

Just wanted some input from people using invisible shield.....

Guest c4rl

Just installed mine that i ordered from wholesaleandy; it's the black one, seems slightly more responsive. I installed this on my i910, for verizon wireless (USA.) The guides were all different from what one for the 910 would be, but it's pretty self explanatory anyways. I'm just sort of annoyed since I ordered this and it came shipped with a very slight lift, as if it got dropped on something sharp on the bottom. Whatever though, i'm still happy.

Guest jirka25
With the new touchpanels, has anyone used it with invisible shield???

I know it causes a reduction in sensitivity but i dont know how much.

my current touch screen feels responsive and sometimes works with a light finger touch. but its a hit and miss, and very fustrating when it misses.

It is extremely responsive to fingernail presses and works without a problem.

Just wanted some input from people using invisible shield.....

I using this shield (samsung original) and touch sensitivity is the same i thing :D Touch panel is simple amazing!

Guest ghost82

i had a quick go on a iphone last night and felt so disappointed again with my omnia, it is so sluggish and slow when touching it, but i should have one of these touch panels waiting at home for me on friday. so hopefully it will make it nearly as good as the iphones screen

Guest wickedjinx

ok after i accidentally ripped off my LCD flex cable, i finally have it replaced, i didn't notice any changes seriously and am very disappointed, i ordered the one from wholesaleandy and it is still the same, what version of rom did you guys used? im on qbus Q06M and everything is the same.

Guest thescope
ok after i accidentally ripped off my LCD flex cable, i finally have it replaced, i didn't notice any changes seriously and am very disappointed, i ordered the one from wholesaleandy and it is still the same, what version of rom did you guys used? im on qbus Q06M and everything is the same.

Is it not easier to select items from menus? brows the web? etc... I am still waiting for my screen by the way, look at the videos and compare <_<

Guest eRoS08

It means you already had the good screen or you have received the bad one, bad stuff anyway

Guest mrdeadlock

For the people who have the i910 and have replaced there screens.

How long have you had your phone? I'm trying to figure out..if i have an old one or not. My screen doesnt SEEM to be as responsive as those videos that were posted. Yet i'm using Wozzers 6.5 v2 rom. Which roms are you guys using? Also, when did you get your phone? On the back of my i910 it says 8.12. Could be a batch or a date?

Guest thescope
Can someone confirm that this screen is the more responsive one Omnia Digitizer

100% brand new it says,

f you don't mind having the silver screen why not get it from wholesaleandy thats where many orderd theres so I know its the NEW one, I orderd mine from there aswell, still waiting for it.

Guest FutureDirt

Hi All,

Just wanted to add my experience to this thread.

My Omnia was purchased in October/November last year.

Although i havent really had any major issues with my screen, i was curious about the claims in this thread regarding the new hardware.

So i ordered a new digitizer.

It was simple enough to fit.... no real risk of damaging anything and it didnt take long to do.

The response of the new digitizer is MUCH better then my old hardware.

It is indeed now comparible sensitivity wise to the iPhone.

The device now recognises VERY light finger sweeps and touches, whereas previously there always had to be some element of pressure to any touch selections.

Anyway... i am now extremely happy i took the plunge!

Guest GodsGift
The device now recognises VERY light finger sweeps and touches, whereas previously there always had to be some element of pressure to any touch selections.

Anyway... i am now extremely happy i took the plunge!

am soooo jealous ... does anyone know of a company which will replace the touch screen? I sooo want this but dont trust myself ...

I just know there will be an "ohnosecond" and I'll screw up.

GG

Guest rigor.m

I will try to shed some light on the issue of the sensitivity of the digitizer in the Omnia. As I said some time before I got my phone in October and the touch screen was not feeling OK. It needed pressure to register a touch, especially in the middle, and I could not scroll or pan without using my fingernail or the stylus.

I saw three other Omnias up to now, one bought in November ( slightly better touch screen, but not perfect ) and two 16G Omnias bought in December and January, and the 16G ones had really good screens, comparable to what I have installed now on mine. On a good screen you can click anywhere with a light fingertouch and you can pan and scroll without effort ( ofcourse some light pressure is required, unlike the Iphone which needs just the touch of the fingertip - I played with some ). Actually if i had not seen the new Omnias with my own eyes I would have not replaced the digitizer on mine, because I was used to it and had no problem using the phone.

So to sum this up I don't think everyone will benefit from a replaced digitizer, and maybe people that have replaced theirs will post and say how old their phones are...

One more thing : a good test of the digitizer is using the phone diagnostics *#0*# , click touchscreen, and put your finger in the top left corner, keep it evenly pressed on the screen and draw a wavy pattern to cover the entire screen... if you see only little black dots where you drag your finger everything is ok...

Guest GodsGift

mine is one of the originals, got it on the day of release in the UK .. so the screen is garbage... doesnt work without a nail or stylus!

:-(

GG