How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest EK273
My old one is 125A2-0319P black dot (same as your new one). And I can guarantee you, the new one is a lot better! But I don't know the serial of the new one..

Has any of you who had successfully replaced your touchpanel with the new one and try to replace it back with the old one? Just wonder, would it be the effect of the decreasement of the glue between the screen and touchpanel that really do the trick (increased the touch sensitivity) <_< ?

Btw, still looking forward for Lantoni's video with English subtitle... :)

Edited by EK273

Guest mementomori
Hey thanks for the help guys.

The only thing to do now is to hope that it is the new touch panel.

2 more days till i receive my omnia. <_< very excited.

One more question. The person who I bought the omnia from has a 2 year warranty on the phone. I was wondering if i did had to end up changing to the new touch panel, will my warranty be void?

i guess you cant be sure.. but here's my theory:

when i bricked my omnia i went to the service centre from vodafone.. They do the first repairs..they dont really care about samsung and probably wont make a problem.. (i was missing screws, the sticker below the battery is torn).. i guess it will depend on the person who is helping you..but for sure it will matter that its not beeing done by samsung so they wont be to stricked..

if the servicecentre cant fix it they will send it to samsung.. i was never in this situation but i expect that samsung would make a problem.. but i cant be sure

does anyone have any experience on this?

Guest pekkala89

This new digitizer feels much softer than the original. You can see the screen warp more with the new digitizer than with the old one. I mean when you look it from the side in direct sunlight and press the screen it looks like your finger goes deeper than before. I think thats the reason for it being more responsive because it's softer than original. And btw. I noticed that this new digitizer does not have IMO so much friction than the original. You can slide your finger with ease.

Edited by pekkala89

Guest shokka9

just got my Omnia back from Samsung Centre...fresh as foook!!

New panel is fricken amazing, it actually recognises finger touch...gonna take me a minute to get used to it <_<

Now i know what the fuss was all about!!

THis is worth the hassle (time thru Sammy or money thru ebay etc)

Guest Vtecbros
i guess you cant be sure.. but here's my theory:

when i bricked my omnia i went to the service centre from vodafone.. They do the first repairs..they dont really care about samsung and probably wont make a problem.. (i was missing screws, the sticker below the battery is torn).. i guess it will depend on the person who is helping you..but for sure it will matter that its not beeing done by samsung so they wont be to stricked..

if the servicecentre cant fix it they will send it to samsung.. i was never in this situation but i expect that samsung would make a problem.. but i cant be sure

does anyone have any experience on this?

Well i am from the US and over here there is no carrier that has the samsung omnia besides verizon. My samsung is GSM and Im gonna use it with T- Mobile and i dont know who would i sent my phone to? And i think it will void my warranty :\ but im getting it tomorrow and i hope it comes with the new screen.

Thanks for the help.

Guest thescope

W0H0, got my new digitizer from wholesaleandy,

First problem, the screwdriver that came with the package was broken! and I didn’t have one that small at home,

So I just used the broken screw driver... it worked but annoying...

Second problem, for some reason on the phone I have the silver right around the front of the phone was actually 2 pieces , and I had the hardest time getting it off but at last I did.

overall I am still playing with it but it is much more responsive, I still sometimes in WM6.5 when scrolling the Start menu and it clicks a program for no reason, maybe its wm6.5 not the screen...

Edited by thescope

Guest GodsGift

guys, I've been floating around this thread since the beginning and soooo wanna get one of these digitizers.

the only thing I'm not happy about is the touch (also got a scratch on the screen)

I've read through the guides ... BUT how easy is it really?

GG

Guest DavidC

GG

I ordered mine yesterday so I'll let you know how I get on. Looking at that guide, it looks no more complacted that when I had to strip down my N95 to cure some water ingress. That came apart and went back together just fine. This looks as straight forward. Just be careful not to tug on the wires by accident.

Hopefully my screen will arrive early next week. I reckon it looks like a half hour job.

I'm looking forward to having a totally unbranded handset once this is done (currently got a Vodafone logo) with decent touch sensitivity <_<

Guest mementomori
guys, I've been floating around this thread since the beginning and soooo wanna get one of these digitizers.

the only thing I'm not happy about is the touch (also got a scratch on the screen)

GG

come on men get on with it :) i dont think we can ever convince you.. well ill try again.. im a legal adviser..dont do s*** with my hands..so not very handy or anything.. the only reason its hard is because you never saw mechanics this small.. but actually all the connectors are easy to open.. the thing i though were hard the first time is that i used the general disassemble guide..so i took out the imei sticker and the cameraconsole (bascily everything) but that wasnt neccesary.. just unscrew the case till the screws click bit(means their loose) the use creditcard all around to open case.. then when its open you disconnect all the gps connector, the lcd connector and some other connector..the unscrew the two screws holding the main.. mail board is loose and you can flip it out of the case.. the main board is still connected bij two connectors but they are on the other side (hence the flip)..one is the digitizer the other buttons i think..anyway disconnect them and you can put your main board away.. now unscrew two screws for the silver ring cover on the front.. now basicly you have your screen with the cameramodule connected to it..now you can disassembly the screen (if you dont want camera to be in the way, you can take it out but remember this means you have take of the sticker with the imei number..and you will see that it has been opened).. here is where went wrong..i used to much force to get the digitizer of the lcd so i bricked .. vodafone fixed it for free so i did it again.. now my screen wasnt that tight anymore since it was already open several times but using the creditcard (and taking your time is advised) makes it not so hard..put the new digitizer on ..and retrace your tracks..

ok btw B) when your closing the case dont forget to leave the usb cover thingy hanging out.. if you have it nicely closed when you close the case you want be able to open the usb entrance and you have reopen your case..

anyway just do it.. <_<

Just got mine switched today. The difference is pretty amazing. Works with light pressure of the finger instead of fingernail.

The sad thing is that the screen is now only as responsive as my HP iPAQ travel companion pda from about 4 years ago. Never thought about it before, but now I am just disappointed at Samsung for not getting it right the first time around.

Someone mentioned earlier that some people are problems with pointing at f and get r or t. The new ditigizer corrects this problem as well.

Guest shenster

wow i just got my new touch panel. installed it my self. took me about 30 mins. works great.. touch sensitivity is awesome.. thanks guys for all your help and suggestions.. i ordered a black but i got a silver. the original one was also silver so im not complaining. black would have been nice though.

Guest Cartol
i didnt have any problems with my warranty..didnt flash back. But then again the people at vodafone just didnt care.. i was missing screws, the sticker with the imei was torn.. and they didnt even mention it..so im sure it will depend on where you got it. In the netherlands the vodafone service centre even flashes for you!

still so happy with my new digitizer!!! :)

Hi, how long did it take to arrive at your location from Hong Kong? (by the way where do you live? <_<

Guest GodsGift
come on men get on with it :) i dont think we can ever convince you.. well ill try again.. im a legal adviser..dont do s*** with my hands..so not very handy or anything.. the only reason its hard is because you never saw mechanics this small..

anyway just do it.. <_<

Right. I've ordered mine from WholeSaleAndy.

Whooohooo am excited now ... dont want to wait a week though.

Thanks everyone for your posts. Think I've read the entire thread a couple of times.

GG

Guest Vineuro

I got my screen today <_< i'm verry excited

but i am going away for the weekend, so i have to wait a view days to change the screen.

I orderd it on 19 of may from wholesaleandy (Hong Kong) and got it 5 minuts ago, btw I live in the Netherlands

greetings

Guest GodsGift
yes. thats what you need to buy. installation is not too hard.. just follow the steps and you will be fine...

this site should get a discount the amount of business WholeSaleAndy is getting from here.

GG

Guest Shadow 999
yes. thats what you need to buy. installation is not too hard.. just follow the steps and you will be fine...

thx <_<

Guest markkohfm

anyone in singapore want a new digitizer? i just ordered one yesterday but decided to bring my phone in for repair and they changed a new screen for me!

Guest dreamer84

Just mounted my new touch panel and its perfect !!!!!

its extremly sensative and its worth every penny !!! <_<

I received a black digitizer :) orderd it on ebay from easyworldwidetrading NOT from wholesaleandy.

Edited by dreamer84

Guest kaene

Hi, what about the serial number?

125A2-0319P with or without (G) and with or without the red dot? Any info about that?

Thanks

Guest EK273

Just replaced mine with the new touch panel bought from wholesaleandy.

Old digitizer S/N: 125A2-0319P with a black dot, New: 125A2-0319P(G) with a red dot.

My Omnia finally turned into a real touch PDA Phone <_< .... I'm very very very happyyyyyy....

Special thanks to Lantony who made the great touchpanel replacement video! Many many thanks... :)