How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest steff195

Actually, I was referring exactly to that double sided tape when I said "glue", because that sticks the touch like a glue. I thought you said one doesn't need that, that's why I said that without that "glue" tape the dust might get in. :D

I was never thinking of glueing the touchscreen with some extra substances. ;)

Guest GodsGift

am furious... replaced my digitizer as already mentioned on this thread.

was in the pub last night and a "mate" said ooh you got a new phone (had it over a year) and picked it up, sweeping it off the table and across a concrete floor.

now the beziel(? front chromed fascia) is scratched to buggery and my new digitizer is scratched.

My better half restrained me, but the though that I can replace it and put a new cover on stopped me from causing him serious harm...

bah humbug ... not a happy bunny.

:-(

does anyone know where to get a really funky new body for my omnia since i gotta replace it anyway... black or chrome would be cool

GG

Guest a1m80t
am furious... replaced my digitizer as already mentioned on this thread.

was in the pub last night and a "mate" said ooh you got a new phone (had it over a year) and picked it up, sweeping it off the table and across a concrete floor.

now the beziel(? front chromed fascia) is scratched to buggery and my new digitizer is scratched.

My better half restrained me, but the though that I can replace it and put a new cover on stopped me from causing him serious harm...

bah humbug ... not a happy bunny.

:-(

does anyone know where to get a really funky new body for my omnia since i gotta replace it anyway... black or chrome would be cool

GG

I bought a new housing from ebay and it was poorly made. The only peice compatible with the original housing was the battery cover. This means, you can't replace just the front part, you have to do the entire thing.

Edited by a1m80t

Guest steff195

Guys, I just changed my touch with a new one bought from wholesaleandy. It's working great, I'm satisfied with it, but still I have a question for those who have the same touch from the same seller.

I noticed some tiny dots under the touch, under the whole surface, something like air bubbles left under the plastic foil (but small and only could be seen in some light angles). There are not dust particles, I checked for that.

When I assembled it I removed 2 foils, first the fullscreen one, then the one covering the adhesive area. Could it be that the screen to be this way or there's another foil left for me to remove, causing these spots under the touch?

I think I checked at first, but I'm not sure and I wouldn't want to remove the touch again just to check for that, I'm afraid that dust might get in if I open it again. That's why I'm asking you, just to know.

Thanks! ;)

Later Edit: Nevermind, I opened it again and found out that's the way the touch is.

Edited by steff195

Guest SalvaG

Hi,

where can I buy screw's for this mobile? What exact kind of screws does it use? I've accidentally damaged one.

tia

Edited by SalvaG

Guest finaldestiny

Any other non-paypal/ebay websites where you can purchase one of these screens? It's not a matter of not trusting wholesalesandy, it's the payment method that's throwing me off from buying this. :|

Guest Hitman85

hi, i buyed the silver touch panel from ebay wholesaleandy. if there is any diffrent to the black touch panel ?

and another question, are the touch panel from samsung? i mean, is this an original product?

Edited by Hitman85

Guest freeppl

hows your digitizer from wholesaleandy holding up? mine's lost sensitivity in the block recognizer input area after just a few month's use.

Guest rigor.m
hows your digitizer from wholesaleandy holding up? mine's lost sensitivity in the block recognizer input area after just a few month's use.

I thought i noticed a change in sensitivity lately but I assumed i just got used to pressing lightly on the screen; also the screen seems less accurate and I end up pressing the wrong buttons sometimes... anyway calibrating the screen more often seems to help... The phone is still easier to use than before I changed the screen so I'm not worried, and if it gets worse I will just change it again.

Guest SodaBoy

THIS IS EXACTLY MY CASE...

Mine lost sensitivity in the center of the digitizer so much so that I dare say it is back to the old digitizer level of sensitivity - around the edges it still seems to be working better - but the center has to be pressed with a nail or quite hard in order to register...

This is somewhat worse now - since the sensitivity differs in different places - so it is not uniform and hence extremely annoying.

Only good thing I can say is that my digitizer was scratched to hell - so I'm happy I have the new one - but it really should not lose sensitivity so fast - or at all...

Bought mine from wholesaleandy as well... - but I don't think it makes a difference. ;) :D :)

Guest badman08
THIS IS EXACTLY MY CASE...

Mine lost sensitivity in the center of the digitizer so much so that I dare say it is back to the old digitizer level of sensitivity - around the edges it still seems to be working better - but the center has to be pressed with a nail or quite hard in order to register...

This is somewhat worse now - since the sensitivity differs in different places - so it is not uniform and hence extremely annoying.

Only good thing I can say is that my digitizer was scratched to hell - so I'm happy I have the new one - but it really should not lose sensitivity so fast - or at all...

Bought mine from wholesaleandy as well... - but I don't think it makes a difference. ;) :D :)

Mine as well, in the middle is a spot, where I have to press harder as aorund that area... is a bit shitty, but i changed the whole case (white instead of black), so the work was not worthless anyway...

Guest mickaelsnake

Hye guys,

I' read 24 pages of this thread, and i would like to know your opinion in relation to my problem.

I bought the phone in April, so i think i have the new touch panel. I'm not complaining about this, it's sensitive but not as much as the iphone but it's ok (i would say its around 60% sensitive as the iphone).

My problem is that i can't calibrate, it's making me crazy... i tried to modify the registery and tried to calibrate with diferent methods (sometimes i have to restart the phone because i can't get out of the screen calibration)....but nothing works great, i noticed when i touch my screen from the middle upwards, the position the cursor is not on the exact spot of touch, it diferes in about 2mm from the original point.

I think, that Omnia goes to the garanti.

Thanks.

Edited by mickaelsnake

Guest mickaelsnake
u must calibrate the phone with the omnia pen. not with your fingers.

Thanks for the reply,

Everytime i try calibrating the device is with the omnia's pen or other's pen device like, htc,hp, ndrive etc...

I work with lots of diferent pda device, and i never had this problem whith other devices.

Guest SalvaG

I think you have to replace the digitizer; I had your same problem and it was what I did

There are workaronds, though, modifying a registry key, that prevent that initial window from appearing (use the search engine).

Guest mickaelsnake
I think you have to replace the digitizer; I had your same problem and it was what I did

There are workaronds, though, modifying a registry key, that prevent that initial window from appearing (use the search engine).

Hye SalvaG,

Did you mean, that before replacing the digitizer that you have the same issue? it's no pointing where i want, i m using the pen and when i draw a note i see that's is no pointing good.

I'm really thinking on changing the digitizer....

What do you advise me? take to the garanti or buy like you a new digitizer?

Guest SalvaG

Yes, the same

My advice is to contact technical service for a digitizer replacement.

I bought mine second hand and did have no choice

Guest elg3ne

any other ebay seller aside from wholesaleandy and easyworldtrading?

please post your seller.. it will be helpful :-)

thanks

Guest eckertc

I got mine from xiao_man68 on ebay for $15.50 shipped. Installed and works perfect, been 4 days now. No complaints. Just a boat load of positives.