How to mount a new Touch panel on OMNIA

Guest lantony

Guest MrJoneswii

Hey Guys,

I have this small part 1cm x 1cm on my phone that doesn't recognize touch anymore, I think I dropped the phone before it stopped recognizing touch.

Do you think that if I change my touch screen it will work?

thanks

I would hope that replacing the Digitizer should fix your problem.

Also people I highly recommend you all do as I did when mounting a new screen, and get a couple of cheap screen protectors off eBay to protect your new digitizer. I was very glad I did so over the weekend when I found this morning several long scratches along the screen (thankfully no real damage as I had fitted a screen protector).

Ok I'm actually beginning to like this.. I ordered a full case and LCD from maxtel-ltd on ebay; now my phone looks like new and the screen is even more sensitive than the one from wholesaleandy - now I can honestly say is Iphone like, it responds to the lightest touch of the finger.

Of course by now screen changes take about 10 mins, as the first time the screen from maxtel had a flaw, i put the old one back , returned it , then put the replacement back :)

EDIT: OMG I can use the touchscreen with the touch of a folded piece of soft cloth ... awesome...

Does the digitizer have the memory size written on the top-right corner?

Does the seller have any type of warranty?

If it has the number printed on (plus it hs the Vodafone logo), so I think it's a true genuine part (manufactured by Samsung).

Can someone confirm?

!B,KoZWw!mk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLl5Pu2BKqRBd2GZw~~_12.JPG

Edited by N_M_S

Does the digitizer have the memory size written on the top-right corner?

Does the seller have any type of warranty?

If it has the number printed on (plus it hs the Vodafone logo), so I think it's a true genuine part (manufactured by Samsung).

Can someone confirm?

Nothing is printed on the screen except "Samsung" ( that's how my original screen looked like anyway ). Can't remember what type of warranty is advertised, I had a problem with the first digitizer ( did not register clicks in the middle part of the screen ), so I sent it back and got another one very fast. And the new screen feels very good. 

The first screen put on the Omnia was from wholesaleandy and after 6 months was still better than the original one, but the clicks were few milimeters off, and the screen was impossible to calibrate.

I think I will just buy a complete case like that every once in a while and keep my phone looking as good as new and with a sharp touchscreen :)

Nothing is printed on the screen except "Samsung" ( that's how my original screen looked like anyway ). Can't remember what type of warranty is advertised, I had a problem with the first digitizer ( did not register clicks in the middle part of the screen ), so I sent it back and got another one very fast. And the new screen feels very good.

Then how come the picture shows Vodaphone and some writing on the top-right corener (not clear but usually the mem. size is printed there)?!!!!!!

ANd why do they say Original and Genuine?!!!!!

I had the same thing going on with wholesaleandy, I'll try the replacement once arrived. If it still having the same problem I'll buy the same you did. I might contact you first to check how it's doing :) !!!!!!

Guest Rednose5

Just celebrated my Omnia's first birthday, still with the same screen. Now I start to see differences in sensitivity. In the middle of the screen it sometimes looks like the screen is dead. Think I'll just go to Vodafone or Samsung to have it repaired. Thank God for 2 years warranty.

I know there is a way to check out the touchscreen but forgot how it works, does anybody have an idea? (Could also not find it back here at Modaco)

Edited by Rednose5

Just celebrated my Omnia's first birthday, still with the same screen. Now I start to see differences in sensitivity. In the middle of the screen it sometimes looks like the screen is dead. Think I'll just go to Vodafone or Samsung to have it repaired. Thank God for 2 years warranty.

So it also happens with Original digitaizer??!!!! :)

best way is to change the phone itself.

I know there is a way to check out the touchscreen but forgot how it works, does anybody have an idea? (Could also not find it back here at Modaco)

If you mean the built in test, you can find it under \windows folder. It's an application named "LCD Test.exe"; of course you have to 'show all files'.

Guest ktgohdt125

can someone Help / advice me,

after i follow all the procedure and turn on my omnia, the lcd display become no contrast... all color still noticeble... all black color item bcome grey... lcd light too much,,,,even i set to min in manual setting.

reasemble a few times still same result!!

Guest Sky Masters
http://www.samsung-omnia.org/how-to/i910-d...eplacement/msg/

Just some info for ya.... This guy replaced his i910 screen with one that said it was compatible but when you look at the compatiblity listing on his ebay add it says i900-i908 just like the rest of them. Seems to have worked out for him in the end though. Some good pointers about the differences in the i900 vs. the i910 that he explains though.

I'm gonna go ahead and order one of these touchscreens... My dog decided my phone looked like a good chew toy... no damage to the phone itself, just the touch screen and battery cover. I haven't had to many issues with it other than almost a quarter of the screen not recognizing a touch... which is slightly aggrevating to say the least. My last flash to the new CF03 rom sorta did it in and requires that whole screen calibration thing.... and it won't do it.... o well I'll post and let everyone know how it goes.

Did you receive your replacement screen and what was the installation like?

Guest str8tripin

It's been awhile since I last used my ebay account and it took me a week to get them to unlock it... So I ordered it on Friday morning 9/18 as soon as they finally unlocked it and supposedly it's in the mail already 7-20 business days but other people say they get there's in a lot less time. Hopefully it's not on the slow boat and I get it this week some time... I hate not having my phone.

Guest Rednose5
So it also happens with Original digitaizer??!!!! :)

best way is to change the phone itself.

If you mean the built in test, you can find it under \windows folder. It's an application named "LCD Test.exe"; of course you have to 'show all files'.

That's the one. I can see that my own omnia has lost a lot of touch. So I Will just pay Samsung a visist. Thanks.

So... I got my whole phone apart and realized that the bezel is totally different from what's shown in the disassembly guides. It's comprised of 2 parts. The bottom covers the buttons and slides off easily. The other part is what I had problems with. I couldn't get it off.

Being a rookie at this, I didn't want to brick my phone by doing something wrong, so I had to put everything back an give up... for now.

Does anyone have any suggestions to getting this type of bezel off?

My touchscreen is terrible and I need this new one installed.

Thanks in advance, everyone!

TT

Guest dbsimms63

I'm going to ask a dumb question, so forgive me in advance. Can you add the screen from an i900 to an i910 and use a forward facing camera? That is one feature the i900 has over my i910 that I would really like, so you could use it to take self portraits. Would there be any way to add the second camera and even the availibility to send video calls over Verizon's network? I noticed the CF03 ROM put a video call button on the contacts now. This must have been derived from the i900 ROM since it has this feature. I would sure like to make use of it if I could. Thanks.

I got the bottom piece off then wasn't sure how to get the call/end and optical pieces out. I didn't want to risk damaging anything and I didn't see that in any of the manuals.

Any suggestions for taking them out? I got the little silver bezel at the bottom off, but that's as far as I've gotten.

(Again, my phone isn't exactly like the one in the manual. It has a 2-piece bezel with a small silver part at the bottom and a much larger silver piece running about 8/10th of the length of the phone!)

Thanks again guys!

TT

I got the bottom piece off then wasn't sure how to get the call/end and optical pieces out. I didn't want to risk damaging anything and I didn't see that in any of the manuals.

Any suggestions for taking them out? I got the little silver bezel at the bottom off, but that's as far as I've gotten.

(Again, my phone isn't exactly like the one in the manual. It has a 2-piece bezel with a small silver part at the bottom and a much larger silver piece running about 8/10th of the length of the phone!)

Thanks again guys!

TT

Nevermind... After some forcing to get the glue off, we finally got the keypad and the optical mouse removed. After that, it was pretty easy.

Thanks for the help!

Guest lorin.bute

Reporting after 2 months with the official digitizer from Samsung: its like the first day, no loss of sensitivity. I'm really curios what happens after the 3rd month, because that's when people started to notice the loss of sensitivity.

I'll keep you posted.

Guest str8tripin

Got my new digitizer(7-20 business days and it only took 8) and the installation was pretty easy... The first time it went back together I musta messed something up cuz the talk and end keys didn't work. I took it back apart rechecked the connections and when I put it back together everything worked fine.

I'm thinking it's probably the same screen as the rest of them but here's the link of where I bought it... I'll keep everyone up to date if it holds up longer than the usual three months.... I'm guessing probably not.... but the touch sensitivity is great right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Touch-Screen-Digitizer...4#ht_1276wt_939

Guest doi620

Is there anyone who doesn't experience problems with the replacement screen after a few months? I'm thinking of replacing it, but all I read is negative comments.

Guest naynada
Reporting after 2 months with the official digitizer from Samsung: its like the first day, no loss of sensitivity. I'm really curios what happens after the 3rd month, because that's when people started to notice the loss of sensitivity.

I'll keep you posted.

+1 same.

2 months, wholesaleandy digitizer, no loss of sensitivity over here. Maybe I'm just treating the screen better now =]

+1 same.

2 months, wholesaleandy digitizer, no loss of sensitivity over here. Maybe I'm just treating the screen better now =]

I recivered the 2nd replacment today from wholesaleandy, I'll install it and see if I get lucky this time (though I think not :) ). I'll see you in three months or so.

Edited by N_M_S

Guest Rednose5

Just fixed a second Omnia. And yes it gets easier every tie yout try!

Now I just have a problem. The second screen was replaced because it was impossible to allign the screen and thus to start up the phone.

With the new screen the phone responds with a gentle touch at the green WinMo startup screen. But it is still impossible to allign the screen, it just does not respond when touching the middle of the screen.

To get passed this problem and find out what's wrong I flashed a custom rom that does not need allignment. :)

It just seems that this particular phone reacts with a double-click instead of one-click selection. Anyone who knows how to change such a setting because it doesn't go away by flashing the rom or whatever I do.

Yeah, I know I shoud start a new topic but also don't know how to do that either :(

Guest mickaelsnake

Hye people,

My samsung has just arrived from samsung and i have to say the touch is much better, i can do everything with my finger without using the nail, it's just so great.

:)