FPSEce 1.0, the perfect psx emulator is about to be released

Guest i900french-addict

Guest Jokes On You
Yes, I hope so!

I did the contrary of what I did on tuesday:

This time, 11 games in one video, all of them being very fast (It took me some time to make this one, I hope it's my best, to celebrate the comming release!)

FF7, FF8, FF9, FF tactics, Jet Moto, destruction derby 2, twisted metal 2, Castlevania Symphony of the night, X-men Vs street fighter, Tekken, Dino Crisis 2 (only new vids, even for the games already recorded before)

Sorry, it's ten minutes long lol

I remember playing FF Tactics with the old emu. It was NEVER that fast. The FPS on these games are ridiculous. I wish there was a gamepad with more buttons so it would be easier to play. I cant wait for the release

Guest SoupAssassin

I appreciate the work you guys are doing, as someone who knows several programming languages I understand there is an IMMENSE amount of work that goes into these things, as emulators are like making a regular program...only make that like 5x harder. So don't take this the wrong way, but uh why the hell did you tell us that it was days away from release like a half a year ago? You make me a sad panda everytime I see it's still not released to the public after all this time. All I'm saying is, be realistic; if you need another 6 months tell us, don't leave use dragging and waiting on a plethora of youtube videos of OTHER people having fun with it while all the while telling us its practically done when its not.

Edited by SoupAssassin

Guest whitj

Mr French,

I am happy to hear all the progress you are making with this emulator, and I applaud you greatly for it. I have a couple of questions for you concerning your work.

I am a current i910 owner, but I am not sure for how long. I have been eyeing the new Blackberry tour that is coming out in about a week for my carrier (Verizon), and think that I might upgrade to it. However my decision is heavily influenced by this emulator and similar software's ability to be converted to the new Omnia II that is also on its way at some point for Verizon, and I'm sure some international carriers. What do you think is the probability that you will be converting this emulator to also work on the Omnia II? I hope that it will not be too much of a hassle for you, because I have very much enjoyed tweaking my phone, but I am starting to miss a true keyboard, and hating some of the quirks we currently deal with our Omnias.

Please tell me you will release this for future omnias! I will definitely be willing to pay 5-10 dollars for your fine work!

whitj

Guest i900french-addict

Hi!

First, but important, remember that i's NOT my work, but SCHTRUCK and LDCHEN's work.

I'm just testing ;)

FpseCE doesn't need to be converted: it works on Windows Mobile, whatever the device.

So it will work on the Omnia II, but not on the Omnia HD for example (Symbian, not WinMo)

And if you miss the keyboard, have a look at the Omnia pro (also called Omnia Louvre), it's basically the same as Omnia II but with a sliding keyboard, and I think it will be released at the same time.

Guest skvatto89
Hi!

First, but important, remember that i's NOT my work, but SCHTRUCK and LDCHEN's work.

I'm just testing ;)

FpseCE doesn't need to be converted: it works on Windows Mobile, whatever the device.

So it will work on the Omnia II, but not on the Omnia HD for example (Symbian, not WinMo)

And if you miss the keyboard, have a look at the Omnia pro (also called Omnia Louvre), it's basically the same as Omnia II but with a sliding keyboard, and I think it will be released at the same time.

Not quite true, my HTC S740 hangs after just starting the application, for some reason...

Guest whitj

Thank you for your informative reply! Yes, I have been drooling over the new Omnia HD, however I fear it is not coming to the United States, and worst of all I am on a CDMA network, so I don't think it would work at all even if I were to import one.

Although I do think I will be staying on Windows mobile with the next Omnia, I do love all this flexibility and the creative genius being shared to us all.

thank you Schtruck and LDCHEN, you guys are just fantastic. I can't wait to have this to show off to all the Iphoneys!

Guest Jokes On You
I appreciate the work you guys are doing, as someone who knows several programming languages I understand there is an IMMENSE amount of work that goes into these things, as emulators are like making a regular program...only make that like 5x harder. So don't take this the wrong way, but uh why the hell did you tell us that it was days away from release like a half a year ago? You make me a sad panda everytime I see it's still not released to the public after all this time. All I'm saying is, be realistic; if you need another 6 months tell us, don't leave use dragging and waiting on a plethora of youtube videos of OTHER people having fun with it while all the while telling us its practically done when its not.

Ok lets play a little game. Im going to divide the day up into sections

24 in a day

-about 8 hours to sleep

-8 hours for work

-about 1 hours to eat

Those are mandatory so that leaves 7 hours left. Now in those 7 hours you must spend time with family, friends and do other things you enjoy. Now lets say they spent all 7 hours working on the emulator. Usually when an app is made there is a testing team that will find any bugs and crashes. Then report back to the programmers so they can fix. Both sides can vary but lets use the current team. As far as I know they're two people programming and they are testing also. So in 7 hours they have to fix a bug and test it. That's sounds like a lot of time right? That's what a programming team of 5 and a testing team of 5 do for 6 months for 8 hours a day. Are you starting to get my drift? For what they have to work they're doing the best they can. Also dont forget this isn't an Omnia exclusive so they are tons of other WiMo devices they also have to test. They would have loved to release this months ago but new bugs come up, family problems, etc. I understand you want to vent but next time anyone has something negative to say please do this. Write an angry letter, save it to you computer and when this released you can delete it.

Guest SoupAssassin
Ok lets play a little game. Im going to divide the day up into sections

24 in a day

-about 8 hours to sleep

-8 hours for work

-about 1 hours to eat

Those are mandatory so that leaves 7 hours left. Now in those 7 hours you must spend time with family, friends and do other things you enjoy. Now lets say they spent all 7 hours working on the emulator. Usually when an app is made there is a testing team that will find any bugs and crashes. Then report back to the programmers so they can fix. Both sides can vary but lets use the current team. As far as I know they're two people programming and they are testing also. So in 7 hours they have to fix a bug and test it. That's sounds like a lot of time right? That's what a programming team of 5 and a testing team of 5 do for 6 months for 8 hours a day. Are you starting to get my drift? For what they have to work they're doing the best they can. Also dont forget this isn't an Omnia exclusive so they are tons of other WiMo devices they also have to test. They would have loved to release this months ago but new bugs come up, family problems, etc. I understand you want to vent but next time anyone has something negative to say please do this. Write an angry letter, save it to you computer and when this released you can delete it.

Lets play another game. Learn to read. I dont care how long they take, and I understand the amount of work involved, as I said. What I can also say, as a programmer myself, is that there is no such thing as thinking a program is days away from release when it requires months more work. AKA they blatantly lied to us, as they damn well knew it would take them more than a few days. As I said I dont care if they need ANOTHER 6 months, thats not my concern. My concern is that they said it was on its way to our hands in a matter of days when they knew it wasnt. No bugs "popped up" that required this much time. I believe they are working as hard as they can, and I am damn well ready to paypal them some cash when I get it in my hands. What I don't believe is that they thought it was about to be released so long ago, that was a lie to create buzz and keep this program at the forefront of WinMo news. Simple as that. I was not being angry, I wasnt even venting, I was simply stating a very true fact. So no, I'm not gonna write it down then delete it; I'm going to post it here so they can see that people notice these things, and so that they know its best to be honest and realistic, not lie to appease the masses.

Edited by SoupAssassin

Guest barriedude

there is one thing i have amazed myself when i saw this emulator..... THIS EMULATOR GOES FASTER THEN GAMEBOY ADVANCE EMULATOR!!! :OOO

Guest Jokes On You
Lets play another game. Learn to read. I dont care how long they take, and I understand the amount of work involved, as I said. What I can also say, as a programmer myself, is that there is no such thing as thinking a program is days away from release when it requires months more work. AKA they blatantly lied to us, as they damn well knew it would take them more than a few days. As I said I dont care if they need ANOTHER 6 months, thats not my concern. My concern is that they said it was on its way to our hands in a matter of days when they knew it wasnt. No bugs "popped up" that required this much time. I believe they are working as hard as they can, and I am damn well ready to paypal them some cash when I get it in my hands. What I don't believe is that they thought it was about to be released so long ago, that was a lie to create buzz and keep this program at the forefront of WinMo news. Simple as that. I was not being angry, I wasnt even venting, I was simply stating a very true fact. So no, I'm not gonna write it down then delete it; I'm going to post it here so they can see that people notice these things, and so that they know its best to be honest and realistic, not lie to appease the masses.

Ok im confused by your arguement. Time is the issue here. The people who create applications for WiMo for free it's time is what stops theme from releasing when they want. Go over to the XDA and see how many times a developer has stated on the forums that a release date is coming soon and it doesnt come for another few months. Perfect example is S2U on xda. That app went a couple of months without an update after A_C said there would be a release soon. He didnt need to create a buzz his application has all the hype it can get. Im sorry for the end of my statement I was getting kind of angry at the posts either complaining about the emulator or the release date. It gets kind of aggravating to look at the forum and complaints about the time. We all wish this was released but we can't change the time that has passed so all we can do is wait.

Guest skvatto89

Why dosent this emulator have hardware button navigation? seems like an easy thing to add. not all phones have touchscreen you know ;)

Guest i910crazy

Ok im confused by your arguement. Time is the issue here. The people who create applications for WiMo for free it's time is what stops theme from releasing when they want. Go over to the XDA and see how many times a developer has stated on the forums that a release date is coming soon and it doesnt come for another few months. Perfect example is S2U on xda. That app went a couple of months without an update after A_C said there would be a release soon. He didnt need to create a buzz his application has all the hype it can get. Im sorry for the end of my statement I was getting kind of angry at the posts either complaining about the emulator or the release date. It gets kind of aggravating to look at the forum and complaints about the time. We all wish this was released but we can't change the time that has passed so all we can do is wait.

Clearly, you are confused. SoupAssasin acknowledged how much work would go into this project, and even said, "if you need another 6 months tell us". There was plenty of recognition of how much time and work goes into projects like this.

All he said, that you apparently either find objectionable or don't grasp, but which I agree with completely, is don't promise it will be ready soon if it will not. This is not confusing.

This 14 page thread was started March 30th (over 4 months ago) with the statement, "The so-long expected FPSEce 1.0 is really about to be released! In fact, it is almost ready!"

843 replied the next day with, "please specify the time frame of 'soon'. thanks."

And i900french-addict responded with, "For 843, I don't know the date of the release, but if Schtruck agrees to let me make videos, that's because it won't be long". This is as of April 1st.

Then on April 15th undisput asks, "when it is about to release de full version?" and i900french-addict replies, "seems that LDchen is a real perfectionnist and wants to fix a few things more". And later that same day he posted, "For the release date, I really can't say, I'm just a tester, not one of the 2 developpers, all I know so far (from Schtruck) is that LDchen wants to fix a last thing concerning one game category. But I'm sure Schtruck is not crazy, and wouldn't have let me publish videos if the release was in many months, because he would get hundreds of messages!"

But it has been MANY MONTHS and appears it will be some months more before the program is released. Which is okay and reasonable ... no one wants a buggy release. All of us who have been eagerly awaiting this project want it to be in good working order when we get it, no worries.

Maybe it was just blind enthusiasm, but the initial impression that was delivered was that the emulator would be available soon, and that has proved to not be true. All SoupAssasin was saying (and I agree with him) is don't get our hopes up for an imminent release when it will be many months before the project will be launchable. And also, let us know if it's going to be months ... we're big boys and we understand what is involved, so we are perfectly capable of being patient if you advised us there is some time needed for developement.

Guest i910crazy

By the way, i900french-addict, I understand you are just the tester, and I just posted the previous reply just to clear the air a little. We are all eagerly awaiting this release and can wait for as long as it takes to get it right, if we're given the right expectations. I appreciate your updates and information.

This time, 11 games in one video, all of them being very fast (It took me some time to make this one, I hope it's my best, to celebrate the comming release!)

FF7, FF8, FF9, FF tactics, Jet Moto, destruction derby 2, twisted metal 2, Castlevania Symphony of the night, X-men Vs street fighter, Tekken, Dino Crisis 2 (only new vids, even for the games already recorded before)

Sorry, it's ten minutes long lol

Best video yet!!!

Guest MastaPiff

ok...lets go from hatin' to helpin'!!!smile.gif

thx in advance to modaco users for the gr8 advice i always (?) recieve...

so i have an omnia and an msi blutooth gamepad (thx i900addict for inspiration) my problem is i cant program the blutooth controller buttons to work with fpsece (im usin' 9.5 while we wait...) follow me here... once i activate my blutooth controller (i kno it works cuz it works in the fpsece options menu to scroll thru and select the options) i run fpsece 9.5 and i got to options>joypad>assign buttons... once im there it shows a gray screen with the psx controller buttons and from wut i've read im suppose'd to tap a button on the screen i want to program and a window comes up that says "<press a key>" the problem is this window opens and closes in a half a sec. (too fast) when i tap or hold it the press a key window pops up but disappears rite away...i try pressing the button on the controller i want to program (if i tap x button i program to B button on controller) yet when i start an iso the controller is not working to control the game (although its still can scroll thru the options) im stump'd for solutions and i know a few in this forum are omnia users with fpsece so any help is a appreciated...

P.S. yea ppl's u have a rite to gripe (it is the american way loltongue.gif, im from USA) n yes they did yank r chain a lil' but what has this cost u...(dont say time, if u do ur wasting more of it) speaking personally until a month ago i neva thought i'd have a phone (FROM VERIZON NO LESS!) that could run nes/gba/psx etc. games and this has been a dream of mine for some years now...and i only learn'd this was possible because of i900addict's utube blitz and the users of this very forum! so gripe away (if u must) but fpsece 1.0 seems sure to make my dream a reality and if you've survived by griping for 9 months it cant possibly be too much longer... (rite? lol)cool.gif

Guest i900french-addict

We can throw our Omnias to garbage and buy a Toshiba TG01, that's for sure now, first feedbacks and video are out

...and there won't be no news before the end of july, send complains to LDchen if you can find him (not to Schtruck)

Guest Pegoncology
We can throw our Omnias to garbage and buy a Toshiba TG01, that's for sure now, first feedbacks and video are out

Yes but 1000 mAh battery ...

Guest barriedude

...and there won't be no news before the end of july, send complains to LDchen if you can find him (not to Schtruck)

end of july??? didnt they agree to release 1.0 b4 summer vacation?

JSJGASJLGSFASFHOF ANFY:WE:ADO<AWXM{AWDA D=

Guest i910crazy

Not interested in griping to anyone. Just resetting my expectations ... again. (sigh)

But at this point, I'm no longer expecting it at the end of July. My attititude from now on will just be - I'll see it when I see it.

It's all good. Got other stuff I'm tricking my phone out with for now, and turning my laptop into a portable professional recording studio is filling my time nicely.

Guest Appelboom

the next few years ill just enjoy ejaculations and make out with my gay pal instead of waiting for something that prolly wont happen