WM 6.5 by DDDRKO (23052)

Guest dddrko

Guest dddrko
Hello...have somebody noticed the same thing as me? when I enabled samsung dialer in recent builds (I cat tell it is in the newest 3 builds for sure) and when I hide the key pad, then when I scroll the contactlist down, the screen does not refresh correctly and whole list gets garbled....

if somebody knows a solution, please help.

thank you

I didn't notice that 'cose I don't use Samsung dialer. Does this happens only in my roms or in all newer builds? MS changed a lot or core files and I'm afraid that there's might be problems in future wm 6.5 releases with Samsung's applications (like we have with the mouse from the beginning).

Btw, 23004 is out, I'll try to cook it at afternoon when I come home.

Guest Nosferatu™
I didn't notice that 'cose I don't use Samsung dialer. Does this happens only in my roms or in all newer builds? MS changed a lot or core files and I'm afraid that there's might be problems in future wm 6.5 releases with Samsung's applications (like we have with the mouse from the beginning).

Btw, 23004 is out, I'll try to cook it at afternoon when I come home.

That's great news D! Hope it doesnt have bugs like the build 23003, since MS is doing a lot of changes on its core, like u said. As for the contact scrolling (when hiding keypad), i think it has something to do with the latest winmo 6.5 core. Coz ive read somewhere on sector's or khuanchai's thread (cant remember who's thread is it really) about someone complaining the same issue. So no worries, its not only on your ROM. As you said it, this might be a problem with Samsung's apps coz M$ is changing a lot stuffs with its core which might may result a conflict. Anyhow, waiting for next one. Cheers! ;)

Guest dddrko

Well, to be honnest I don't know what to do ;) 23004 is a little bit faster, but the bugs from 23003 are still there. Uploading to Mediafire takes me more than an hour, and I think that you doesn't need another flashing for allmost nothing. Will use it for little more, and try to recook it, but probably we'll skip this... :D

Guest gottfroa

+1 for the skip, don't really want to reflash, if it there's nothing special or better.... By the way, thank you very much for the amazing job you are doing here dddrko !

Guest Nosferatu™
Well, to be honnest I don't know what to do ;) 23004 is a little bit faster, but the bugs from 23003 are still there. Uploading to Mediafire takes me more than an hour, and I think that you doesn't need another flashing for allmost nothing. Will use it for little more, and try to recook it, but probably we'll skip this... :D

Sounds good to me D! Get some time off ROM Cooking for now... i think you have better things to work on to. Take care. God Bless!

Guest beefy314

Is there any way to enable the tactile feedback/ vibration when typing sms messages? i already unchecked the box that says disable vibration for touch screen

I also noticed that the first letter doesn't capitalize anymore after a period in a sentence ;)

Guest Nosferatu™
23007 is up and running but I don't see nothing new (again). I will test it for 12 more hours, and (probably) post it tomorow

Great news... but then again, too bad, there's nothing new. ;) As your saying it, then overall i think you mean its all the same, from the previous ones. Please let us know D if some things come out after you test it. If none, then ill stick with your latest and stable one. I'm done with flashing my phone and find that there's nothing new about the new build. Good day and Take care! :D

Guest gottfroa

i'm on build 23003 too, great rom, I would switch only, if there are some good reasons to do that. Anyway, great job dddrko again, thank you very much, for keeping us up-to-date ;)

Guest dovellas
23007 is up and running but I don't see nothing new (again). I will test it for 12 more hours, and (probably) post it tomorow

You re Great!! Thanks for Info.

PS. W 6.5 is RTM or not?

Guest Daekin

hi dddrko, have you tested whether samsung dialer has still the same corruption glitch? have you any idea how to fix it? what about finger mouse? still not working? and does voice command works in newest build? in 23003 it works perfectly, whereas in 23001 it has not worked...

Guest Ex-inferis

Might sound silly, but does anyone know how to change to clock to 24 hour mode and not 12 hour? I've tried everything and can't seem to figure it out.

Excellent ROM though; best one I've tried so thanks for your efforts!

Guest dddrko
You re Great!! Thanks for Info.

PS. W 6.5 is RTM or not?

yes, it was 21820. all versions after that is road to 6.5.1

hi dddrko, have you tested whether samsung dialer has still the same corruption glitch? have you any idea how to fix it? what about finger mouse? still not working? and does voice command works in newest build? in 23003 it works perfectly, whereas in 23001 it has not worked...

yes, and I doesn't have the answers. I'm afraid that in newer releases, more samsung apps wouldn't work

Might sound silly, but does anyone know how to change to clock to 24 hour mode and not 12 hour? I've tried everything and can't seem to figure it out.

change regional settings

Guest dddrko

Build 23007 link is on the first page. Nothing realy new, but faster, less memory consuming and with less bugs (I hope). Newer ms builds will include .Net 3.5, so I add it now, but have to remove Welcome Center becaose of that. I also removed Transcriber. This release is better than 23003 and 23004, I put some older modules too, but still incomplete and unstable, 'cose ms changing a lot for the upcoming 6.5.1. If you need stable wm 6.5 use versions before 23003. Great news are on the way, 6.5.1 will rock, let us hope that samsung drivers and applications will work with it. Salut and hope you like my work.

Edited by dddrko

Guest Nosferatu™

Go to Settings>System>Regional Settings>Time> then change the time style to: HH:mm:ss

Build 23007 link is on the first page. Nothing realy new, but faster, less memory consuming and with less bugs (I hope). Newer ms builds will include .Net 3.5, so I add it now, but have to remove Welcome Center becaose of that. I also removed Transcriber. This release is better than 23003 and 23004, I put some older modules too, but still incomplete and unstable, 'cose ms changing a lot for the upcoming 6.5.1. If you need stable wm 6.5 use versions before 23003. Great news are on the way, 6.5.1 will rock, let us hope that samsung drivers and applications will work with it. Salut and hope you like my work.

Keeping my fingers crossed for 6.5.1... hope everything will work out fine on the newer build, D. Thanks for the info and WE DO REALLY LIKE YOUR WORK. That's why im sticking to your ROMs. So no worries... your build 23007 is downloading @ 15% now as i speak. Thanks again... and make good on other things not just ROM cooking. Take care and God bless.. ;)

Guest dave18

dddrko : Thank you.Been running your latest rom.for half a day--Fast and stable. Except after a few hours, touch ie click seemed less sensitive. Changed click settings to 2000 and up/down to 150.Now it's ok. Resisting the urge to install Ftouchsl--don't think it'll help. I would be very interested (i'm sure others too) to hear your thoughts on touch settings and the use of ftouchsl.

Thanks again.dave

Guest Nosferatu™

Ey D, i think 21928 build looks promising. A new gui, and a draggable icon on start menu, so we could put the one's we always use on top. Any chance of cooking it? What dya think? ;)

Guest mabco
Core WM 6.5, with Microsoft Office And Microsoft Live. No Samsung applications (only dialer, but disabled). Now with latest .net 3.5 from 21925, but therefore removed Welcome Center and Transcriber.

Download

Excellent work! I'm wondering does native kinetic scrolling work in this build? meaning samsung scrolling is not interfering and there is no need to install ftouchsl?

Meaning, does file explorer and drop down menus scroll like butter out of the box? ;)

Thanks!

Edited by mabco

Guest dddrko
Ey D, i think 21928 build looks promising. A new gui, and a draggable icon on start menu, so we could put the one's we always use on top. Any chance of cooking it? What dya think? ;)

This should to be a surprise for you, but you steal my thoughts :D I'm using it for 2 days now, and it's pretty good, but mine is a mixed version from various builds 'cose core 21928 is unusable. Because of all that, it will be different from my roms, there will be more apps and some customizations too. I was planning to post it last night, but some job left for today, so I hope it will be tonight.

Excellent work! I'm wondering does native kinetic scrolling work in this build? meaning samsung scrolling is not interfering and there is no need to install ftouchsl?

Meaning, does file explorer and drop down menus scroll like butter out of the box? :)

Thanks!

Does any Omnia WM 6.5 rom work this way? Mine never does. I should replace Samsung touch driver with other one. If any other works with Omnia I'll do it, but I doesn't know for such.