WM 6.5 by DDDRKO (23052)

Guest dddrko

Guest Daekin
Hopper for Windows Mobile 6.5 Released! http://bit.ly/wQzfC

I don't get it....why are you flooding this topic with advertisements or news feed or whatever you call it? None of this is dddrko's ROM relate, but rather general discussion...you should create a new topic elswere!!!

Guest sector

Actually he is right dovellas. Please if u have smth new to share open to the general discussion category and not flood the posts.

Im not adding u any warning as i know you are doing it for educational reasons.

Guest Daekin

I saw a post that states that the 23016 is available...it seems like the GUI is still old...do you have any ideas what has changed?

Edited by Daekin

Guest darklord88

I have just installed your latest rom 23009 and it's great.

But could you possibly cook another 23009 rom with Manila 2D installed?

Thank you.

Guest dovellas
Actually he is right dovellas. Please if u have smth new to share open to the general discussion category and not flood the posts.

Im not adding u any warning as i know you are doing it for educational reasons.

OK excuse me for OT.

Guest dddrko

I need a volonteer who will test Video Call funtion in my new 21936 rom. Please PM me. Thank you.

BTW, I've made 23016 few days ago, nothing new in it, but very stable release. Will post it if I find time

Edited by dddrko

Guest khunjj
I need a volonteer who will test Video Call funtion in my new 21936 rom. Please PM me. Thank you.

BTW, I've made 23016 few days ago, nothing new in it, but very stable release. Will post it if I find time

Good news! waiting for the latest 23016 :)

Thanks,

Guest Koofteh

Finally found a good, clean ROM so thanks for that.

One thing though, I'd love an option to go back to the 'small' honeycomb Start Menu or at least a ROM without the enlarged icons.

Some older programs have tiny icons which look ugly and jagged when enlarged, and in my world that's a real annoyance. :)

Edited by Koofteh

Guest Billus

hey ddrko, great roms! could you perhaps make build 21936 available (only if it's worth it of course)? I'll test out the video call function as soon as i get home. cheers

Guest Daekin
sorry, not working here, hsdpa also not working... :)

HSDPA is working for me.....

and to the video call....this was in olderROMs:

1. video call greyed out

2. I enabled the samsung dialer -> it added some registry keys like ((driver) loaded = true)

3. video call worked from samsung dialer

4. I disabled samsung dialer and the video call was NOT greyed out, but was NOT working - after a dialing someone the call suddenly ended...

I guess this behavior is in 23017 too..

there must be some other setting/tweak that needs to be done to get it fully working...

Guest dddrko
HSDPA is working for me.....

and to the video call....this was in olderROMs:

1. video call greyed out

2. I enabled the samsung dialer -> it added some registry keys like ((driver) loaded = true)

3. video call worked from samsung dialer

4. I disabled samsung dialer and the video call was NOT greyed out, but was NOT working - after a dialing someone the call suddenly ended...

I guess this behavior is in 23017 too..

there must be some other setting/tweak that needs to be done to get it fully working...

Thank you a lot for this description. What is the exact registry keys you added?

Guest snudel

Hi

I am having the i908 and when I try to flash the phone, the tools remains with 'Downloading image 0%'

PDA Device Found!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device ready to download! 

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

what am i doing wrong?

tried already 2 different pcs with several rebootings.

the samsung modem drivers are installed.

Guest pingvin156
Hi

I am having the i908 and when I try to flash the phone, the tools remains with 'Downloading image 0%'

PDA Device Found!

PDA Device ready to download! 

Please Press Start Button if You want to download image now...

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

what am i doing wrong?

tried already 2 different pcs with several rebootings.

the samsung modem drivers are installed.

Maybe we have problem with the phone/version.I have the same problem with the all roms which i tried.

Version:

Samsung Omnia i908

PDA: i908ZHHH2

PHONE: i908BOHK1

Which ROM is good for my phone???Pls help and thx a lot beforehand.

Edited by pingvin156

Guest Daekin
Thank you a lot for this description. What is the exact registry keys you added?

well, not me, the keys were added automatically after enabling setting dialer skin to enabled and soft reset of device.....I don't remember them exactly now.....I am in work now and don't have time to do tests right now...sorry.

Guest Koofteh

Sorry if I missed this, but is there a problem with the caller ID in any of these ROMs?

I'm using 23009 and it fails to match the incoming number to the names in my phonebook... I'm guessing this is probably because of the +1 in front of the incoming number but this wasn't a problem in WinMo 6.1 and in previous versions of 6.5 I tried so I really hope I don't have to go and add a +1 to each of my phone numbers. For now it just displays all incoming calls as Unknown.

Oh, and by the way, the Samsung dialpad works fine for me in 23009, why do you say you removed it in the latest ROM since it doesn't work anymore? If I were to install the dialpad from the Russian black theme would that allow me to enable the Samsung dialer in 23017?

Thanks

Guest Daekin
Oh, and by the way, the Samsung dialpad works fine for me in 23009, why do you say you removed it in the latest ROM since it doesn't work anymore? If I were to install the dialpad from the Russian black theme would that allow me to enable the Samsung dialer in 23017?

Thanks

the dialer works only partially....try to hide the keypad and scroll down and you will see the reason it was removed - the text gets garbled because of wrong refresh.....and this is quite annoying so that is why it was removed....

I guess you can still install it from some cab file, so I think it was good choice to remove it and make it optional... :-) (it saves space on the memory)

Guest Koofteh
the dialer works only partially....try to hide the keypad and scroll down and you will see the reason it was removed - the text gets garbled because of wrong refresh.....and this is quite annoying so that is why it was removed....

Oh I see. I thought it was meant that it didn't work at all so I was confused... I never really hide the keypad anyway. :)

I would love some input on the caller ID issue still... is it working for everyone with these ROMs? If I add the country code (+1 for most) to my contacts then the caller ID recognizes it but it's a big hassle to go through all my numbers and do this. I'm certain that on every other ROM I've ever had only having the area code in the contacts was enough to have the caller ID recognize the names.