WM 6.5 by DDDRKO (23052)

Guest dddrko

This is my Omnia WM 6.5 section ROMs, WWE only.

Hi DDDRKO,

I tested the above mentioned rom and everything worked like a charm. Any chance that you can do the same to rom's 23053 and future builds?

Regards,

JCB

With the 23052 I have again that when I unlock the phone I go directly to the contact and not to the main screen. I had the same behaviour with one of the earlier builds and than it changed. Is this a setting? I want to go to the titanium screen when I unclock the phone not to the contacts. As a note I am using my corporate directory for contacts/email if that should make a difference.

I would appreciate if someone can confirm this behaviour as standard. Do you guys go to contacts after unlocking or is this a bug/setting because my company enforces the lock due to it policy with emails sync

Christophe

Edited by extric

the bug you are talking to is also in almost all older and other ROMs...it is that unlock button is wrongly sized so that the man thinks he unlocks the phone but he is pressing open contact button on lock screen....

the bug is because of wrong CPR file.... there is a typo: smiplepin instead of simplepin

the bug you are talking to is also in almost all older and other ROMs...it is that unlock button is wrongly sized so that the man thinks he unlocks the phone but he is pressing open contact button on lock screen....

the bug is because of wrong CPR file.... there is a typo: smiplepin instead of simplepin

You just made my day. That annoyed me like hell.

I am not seeing the simplepin typo anymore. Is there a way to correct the pcr?

Edited by extric

of course you can....you need to edit file called LS_SimplePinScene_240x400.cpr located in Windows directory, replace smiplepin by simplepin and then overwrite the file in Windows directory.

but to owerwite file in the Windows directory you need either Total Commander CE or Resco Explorer (the first does not work well in new builds, but you can still use it...and it is free)

Guest aznsniper

I am having a weird problem....for some reason when I receive a sms my home screen will just freeze and do nothing and if i press a hardware button like the call button which shows the dial pad, it takes abtou 1 minute before it comes up. Has anyone had this problem before. By the way I have neo titanium installed.

thanks

I don't know if I am right, but ther eis a know error of phone freezing when SMS are stored on the SIM card. just delete all SMS on SIM card, set newly arrived SMS to be stored in the phone memory and you should be good

:)

Hi Chef. Earlier in this week, we received the announcement about the new ROM 23412, that improve the Contact app. In this 23052, that seems to be newer, is this new app incorporated?

Sorry about my poor English.

no, the new contats application is present in 23412 and 23414 ROMs, however these ROMs does not have new icons in the magnified taskbar (which I think is OK, because I liked that icons too, but I can't say whether the magnified taskbar in 23412 and 23414 works only on Home screen or any opened application)

Guest aznsniper
I don't know if I am right, but ther eis a know error of phone freezing when SMS are stored on the SIM card. just delete all SMS on SIM card, set newly arrived SMS to be stored in the phone memory and you should be good

thanks for the quick reply. ill see if it works next time i get a sms^^

Guest justgeig

I have flashed many times (first time trying with your ROM) and have had no problems. How do I flash this ROM though? I've never used an .exe to flash so I don't know if I'm just doing it wrong but everytime I try, it fails to download EBOOT with a checksum failed error.

Any ideas?

of course you can....you need to edit file called LS_SimplePinScene_240x400.cpr located in Windows directory, replace smiplepin by simplepin and then overwrite the file in Windows directory.

but to owerwite file in the Windows directory you need either Total Commander CE or Resco Explorer (the first does not work well in new builds, but you can still use it...and it is free)

what i meant was can you change the size of the button that covers all, not reset the type :)

I have flashed many times (first time trying with your ROM) and have had no problems. How do I flash this ROM though? I've never used an .exe to flash so I don't know if I'm just doing it wrong but everytime I try, it fails to download EBOOT with a checksum failed error.

Any ideas?

Have you never installed an updated ROM from Samsung? It seems to me they are the same type of installer/flasher as we have here.

I personally use GrandPrix to flash since I'm on Windows 7. You use i900 Executor to unpack the .exe into a few individual files and then use GrandPrix to flash those files. I'm sure you can find the programs and instructions on here without too much pain. :)

here is the corrected unlock screen.

Just overwrite the one in Windows direcotry.

Of course you can change the size also, but why? it has pretty good size when it is correctly rendered. :)

by the way... DDDRKO, can you replace GPSextra with this one? (see attachment) it is better - allows us to set auto download on wifi

FixedSimplePinScene_1_.zip

GPS_XTRA_1_.exe

here is the corrected unlock screen.

Just overwrite the one in Windows direcotry.

Of course you can change the size also, but why? it has pretty good size when it is correctly rendered. :)

by the way... DDDRKO, can you replace GPSextra with this one? (see attachment) it is better - allows us to set auto download on wifi

Made me a happy man. This rom with the Resco Keyboard Pro is a dream come through.

Guest justgeig
Have you never installed an updated ROM from Samsung? It seems to me they are the same type of installer/flasher as we have here.

I personally use GrandPrix to flash since I'm on Windows 7. You use i900 Executor to unpack the .exe into a few individual files and then use GrandPrix to flash those files. I'm sure you can find the programs and instructions on here without too much pain. :)

I see you said i900...is this ROM i900 specific? I didn't see anything about it but I might have missed it...I have an i910

I see you said i900...is this ROM i900 specific? I didn't see anything about it but I might have missed it...I have an i910

Yes, all the Omnia ROMs are specific. Do not install it if you have the other Omnia.

Guest xtralarge26

First off, Amazing rom!

it's got to be the best one i've used yet for stability and speed.

I love the new keypad, but i have one question

DDDRKO, the keyboard at the moment in portrait is qwerty style, would it be possible to make like the samsung phonepad?

That would put the cherry on the cake for this rom!

Edited by xtralarge26

Guest downjones

DDDRKO YOUR ROM IS THE BEST! :) ......by the way...did you remove the registry entries for fingermouse.exe? or can I just copy it into windows folder and it will work??? :D And is it possible to change the XT9 to something more beautiful? it is just tooooooo gray if you know what I mean :P By the way on this XT9 pad I can not find the letters like "Ü,Ä,Ö" and some more like you can find in french or swedish......the original samsung omnia xt9 keypad was there more flexible :D

by the way do you use here the kernel from 23414? and what is your opinion on build 23053?

thanks for your time dude!

Edited by downjones