New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest JDawg183

Ok, stupid question, feel like an idiot but, where the heck is weatherbug? People keep saying its in here, but I dont see it anywhere. I tried the built in search function and searched for weather and got no results. Any suggestions? Call me retard if you want, i dont care.

Guest blazingwolf
Ok, stupid question, feel like an idiot but, where the heck is weatherbug? People keep saying its in here, but I dont see it anywhere. I tried the built in search function and searched for weather and got no results. Any suggestions? Call me retard if you want, i dont care.

It is a widget and can only be found in the widget today plugin.

Guest avluis
Im sorry, I misspoke. I meant just make sure you have the USB driver. I have no idea what the CDMA modem driver is, and I was able to flash it anyway.

CDMA IS the actual driver, if you look at the name of it, it says Samsung USB CDMA something something, so if you installed from the VZaccess manager or from the CD, it's the same thing.

Guest michaelmcgough

Has anybody had any luck doing this on Win7? I have hard reset my phone just to make sure that there is nothing wrong there, and I have tried this on 4 different machines. I cant get it to start the installation after I hit detect and restart the phone etc.

Guest blazingwolf
Has anybody had any luck doing this on Win7? I have hard reset my phone just to make sure that there is nothing wrong there, and I have tried this on 4 different machines. I cant get it to start the installation after I hit detect and restart the phone etc.

Did you kill the USB connection in WMDC?

Guest Chris H11

I had no problems with Windows 7 (build 7000). Make sure you unchecked the USB thing in WMDC

Edited by Chris H11

Guest michaelmcgough

yep I unchecked the usb checkbox. I used to have a touch pro and flashed that one a million times, but this is so different.

Guest bigdaddykane

failed twice before anything was downloaded to the handset on the third try in the area were it says device 1 right underneath the words device 1 a lil red box appeared and told me failed stuck in that way for a while got ballsy hit the reset botton next to device 1 and phone died will not even turn on...... not a happy freaking camper.. but i knew the dangers and i took that chance....anyone if you have advice hook me up i do not want to shell out 50 bucks for the insurance replacement cause that stupid water sensor got wet in a corner while i was putting on the invisible shield 3 months ago so that voided the warranty.....before i bricked my phone... if you brick it... lie your ass off to the verizon costomer sevice person and you will get a new one as long as there is no water damage

Guest bigdaddykane

my i910 is dead power wont even turn on but when i plug it into my pc windows starts looking for a monahans driver please help any info at all hook me up i miss my omnia:(

Guest avluis
my i910 is dead power wont even turn on but when i plug it into my pc windows starts looking for a monahans driver please help any info at all hook me up i miss my omnia:(

you need to make sure that you have the samsung cdma drivers installed, follow the guide.

Reboot your computer, make sure your phone is charged, and try again by following the guide.

Guest Davidh0124

I followed the directions as close as I possiblely could. I read over everything twice before I did anything. It did the first download and just went off... I am now the proud owner of a brick... Only thing that is bugging me is my USB hub is 1.1 and not USB 2.0... Dont really know if it matters...

:excl: /cry

Edited by Davidh0124

Guest michaelmcgough

i dont know what I have done wrong. It is obviously me but for the life of me I cant figure it out. I have installed the driver over and over, then I reboot and connect the device and it detects the device but wont install the device. I get the same results on any machine in my house on all different builds of windows. I have followed the guide exactly and it doesnt work for me.

Guest j0hnd0e82
i dont know what I have done wrong. It is obviously me but for the life of me I cant figure it out. I have installed the driver over and over, then I reboot and connect the device and it detects the device but wont install the device. I get the same results on any machine in my house on all different builds of windows. I have followed the guide exactly and it doesnt work for me.

i had a similar issue and noticed my phone was set to storage card on usb connection, i changed it to activesync rebooted the phone and it worked.

Guest Solange82200

Ever since I did the flash, my phone makes a loud beep when I connect it by usb cord to my computer. This is even with the volumes off. Anyone know how to get rid of it? Am I the only one who has this?

Edit: Im a retard, its not my phone making the sound, its my laptop. Disregard :excl:

Edit 2: I have a question about IE. How the heck do you zoom in and out? I cant figure it out for the life of me. Once while I was using it I saw it said on the bottom left zoom in, and bottom left zoom out, but most of the time it says back on the bottom left and menu on the bottom right. I cannot find how to zoom in and out....

Edited by Solange82200

Guest Crash220
Those that do have it flashed and the GPS working how reliable has it been for you.

I've had it hard lock several times (had to remove battery)

I've had it just not work and report that there was not a internal gps enabled

I've had it just not be able to find satalites even standing outside.

Everything works fine except for the GPS it works but is very very flaky I hope that's fixed in the full release because it is still useless if I can't just turn it on and it work without having to reboot the phone several times and wait 10-15 minutes for a satalite signal.

Mine has been working great,,, strange how there are so many different results.

Tom

Guest Solange82200
A Link For the Driver would be greatly appreciated.

I just want to make sure i have the correct items before i start this

thanks

Just get the CD and choose the top option which says "Drivers". As long as you do that, you'll be fine. I dont know of anywhere to find it online to be honest with you. Do you still have your Cd that came with your phone? Mine came with three, so I had to try all three until I found the one that had the Drivers option right when it starts up.

Edit: I also havent had the GPS work, but I think its because I have low signal at my house. It is telling me there is a weak GPS signal, as opposed to no signal at all before, so Im pretty sure once I can get out of my neighborhood it will work :excl:

Edited by Solange82200

Guest drdudephd

i was worried about upgrading to this rom, but it works so well. the scrolling is much better, and to have the addition of gps makes this finally awesome. the only problem that i've seen is when i come to a program or a window that i need to input text there's no longer an icon in the bottom middle of the screen (i have the registry modified so the keyboard doesn't pop up all the time). but if i press where the icon should be the keyboard pops up. not a big deal. the pros definately outweigh the cons.

Guest avluis
Just get the CD and choose the top option which says "Drivers". As long as you do that, you'll be fine. I dont know of anywhere to find it online to be honest with you. Do you still have your Cd that came with your phone? Mine came with three, so I had to try all three until I found the one that had the Drivers option right when it starts up.

google.com has tons of drivers :excl:

Guest michaelmcgough

I checked and the phone is set to active sync in usb connections. After installing the driver and rebooting, the machine recognizes the device and then after 5 minutes tells me the device is unplugged (even though it is not).

Ok Thanks. I know I have the cds somewhere but finding the driver online would have been easier for me right now. Once I find the correct cd I will get working on this.