New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest viper10a

Found this forum by accident today, and have since flashed my i910 and set the gps to com8 and 57600.....................This is NICE!!!!!!!!! Works Great.

Guest Wynnded
Please help.

Device name:5&14f4f23b&0&6

EBoot version=01.61

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

Device name:5&14f4f23b&0&6

EBoot version=01.71

Start downloading...

PDA-Starting updating EBOOT...

PDA-Downloading EBOOT...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-EBOOT update finished.

PDA-Starting downloading region #1(DISKIMAGE)..

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-Writing image finished...

PDA-Downloading CSC File...

PDA-Writing image..

PDA-CSC update finished...

PHONE-Device does not support DPRAM Download

my phone is stuck on "phone download mode... do not disconnect" what do i do? :excl:

Yep, I'm experiencing the exact same thing and I'm not sure how to proceed.... :excl:

Guest sgordon5291

can anyone tell me if their WiFi is working on their phones. My will show available wifi and try to connect then shut off. with this update has the wifi been disabled?

Guest theidoctor.org
Will there be an Official ROM Release by VZW or Samsung?I don't want to add another Brick to the house.

yes... in a few weeks! Rumor has it that it is May 11

Guest michaelmcgough

Thanks for everyones help. It turns out that the phone has to be set to tether, I didnt see that anywhere in the pdf file but finally figured it out just goofing around. Flashed the phone and all is well.

Guest GlassEyedPete

I just updated to this rom. Nothing more to say other than it's what I've been waiting for. I'm interested in seeing someone incorporate WM 6.5...but we're taking baby steps. I made the "external gps" icon appear in system settings by editing the registry. Go HKLM-->Control Panel-->GPS Settings--> delete the "Redirect" key--> reset phone.

Under external GPS settings my GPS is set to COM 8 and it is set to be managed by windows. In GPS gate I have the incoming port set to COM 8 and Baud rate of 4800. I am using a virtual com port output, which is what I have Tom Tom set to use.

Everything is working great and now nobody at Verizon needs to die. I included some pictures, not that they really prove anything. I painted over my actual location if you're wondering why it looks weird.

Tom_Tom.bmp

GPS_Gate.bmp

Edited by GlassEyedPete

Guest ScubaSteve76
I checked and the phone is set to active sync in usb connections. After installing the driver and rebooting, the machine recognizes the device and then after 5 minutes tells me the device is unplugged (even though it is not).

I am also having this problem. Very frustrating since I have a lot of contacts. Somebody HELP!

Everything else works awesome. GPS, data, phone.

Great work!

Edit: Unchecked "Enable advanced network functionality" under USB to PC in the connections settings and it synced fine...YAY!!!

Edited by ScubaSteve76

Guest tyrelsackett

I flashed the new rom with no issues. On the list of improvements it was stated "5% battery increments". I have not figured out what that is and where to find it. Sorry if this is a very dumb question.

Guest pylesw

Argh!!!!

I bricked my phone despite following the directions to the letter. Install of EBOOT got stuck at 48%. Waited 30 minutes and eventually pulled the battery and USB cable to reset device. It booted and I tried flashing again. EBOOT went to 100%, device started a reboot and never came back.

I had all the correct prequisites and USB connections were disabled in ActiveSync.

This sucks.

Argh!!!!

Guest pylesw
All i have is the extended warranty with verizon.

If i go to a verizon store, and say my "phone stopped working" im assuming that they will try to fix it? Or will they just give me a replacement and call it a day?

I dont want them trying to fix the phone, because theyll see that i tried to flash it.

I cant believe im the only one who bricked...Just my luck :excl: .

You're not the only one with a brick. :excl: Same exact thing (including symptoms) happened to me. Let me know what you tell the staff at the verizon store and if it works. I'm sending my wife to see if we can get it replaced.

One thing is certain...I'm not going to buy another Omnia at full price. I bricked my phone in an attempt to get back the functionality that Verizon took away (GPS). I'll be damned if I will pay for another phone. I'll buy an iPhone first before paying Verizon another cent.

Argh!!!!

Guest Wynnded

So, no one other than 'jaewon223' and I have seen: PHONE-Device does not support DPRAM Download ?

The power button is red and that is it, there's no other response from the phone.....theories? I'm getting this impending feeling that I've made a rather spontaneous and expensive error....Thanks for pondering our situation. I fired up my dumbphone in the meantime for travel purposes and await post-pondered suggestion/questions. Again, thanks.

Guest felix300z

i've been a long time follower about this subject, well i figured what the hell, followed the pdf instructions word for word. And no problems, didn't event have to *228 to setup my phone. Well set the location on and did a soft reset and google maps still couldn't find any satellites, sat outside for a lil while and nothing. So i installed gpstest for the hell of it, and a couple sats appeared when it finally said running, i closed it and went to google maps and bamm google found the satellites

Guest ciscokidinsf

Tempting, because of the GPS liberation. I'll try it next week. I'm traveling and don't want to risk a bricking.

Question, if I get one of those 'backup' programs (e.g. SPB backup) for mobile phones and do a full backup, will it restore the phone's installed programs once I get the re-flash done? I've already customized a bunch of stuff and don't want to re-do everything all over.

But no one has answered my question if the new Rom improves the media player or not? because it really sucks as it is

Guest Solange82200

Cisco, I am pretty sure restoring a backup from a different ROM might cause trouble. That is what I understood by a couple of posts Ive read, anyway. I doubt anything with the media player improved yet, enough time has passed where someone would have mentioned it by now. I will try it out tomorrow for myself and see if I notice any differences.

Guest irish222222

Hey Everyone..new here. Just wanted to say this ROM is GREAT!!! I am new to this and have never done anything like this before and everything works perfect...best thing is GPS WORKS!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest somedude
Argh!!!!

I bricked my phone despite following the directions to the letter. Install of EBOOT got stuck at 48%. Waited 30 minutes and eventually pulled the battery and USB cable to reset device. It booted and I tried flashing again. EBOOT went to 100%, device started a reboot and never came back.

I had all the correct prequisites and USB connections were disabled in ActiveSync.

This sucks.

Argh!!!!

I feel your pain man.

This is the SAME exact scenario that happened to me. EBOOT became stuck on 48%, i ran out of patience, and manually resetted the phone. Next thing i see is the EBOOT complete at 100%, the phone shuts off never to come back again! :excl:

It sucks to see everyone else do it so easily and yet we follow the directions exactly and we still end up bricking our phones...

Out of curiosity what operating system/service pack were you running?

Do you have insurance? What are you going to do about your phone?

EDIT: Nevermind, i saw your post above....

Edited by somedude

Guest Qualude

I never thought I would say this, but I wish I had a PC instead of my mac so I could get in on the act. Missing sync does not seem nearly as technical as the .pdf and I'm not going to risk it. :excl:

Guest waynesterdude

Excellent job guys, you even got kudos on BGR and Phone arena.

Though i think i give it a few more days , my omnia is under a month old and I'm still setting it up.

This is my first smart phone/ pocket pc. So I'm still exploring the abilities.

Guest GlassEyedPete
Tempting, because of the GPS liberation. I'll try it next week. I'm traveling and don't want to risk a bricking.

Question, if I get one of those 'backup' programs (e.g. SPB backup) for mobile phones and do a full backup, will it restore the phone's installed programs once I get the re-flash done? I've already customized a bunch of stuff and don't want to re-do everything all over.

But no one has answered my question if the new Rom improves the media player or not? because it really sucks as it is

Just get Core Player. I haven't seen an app that beats it. It plays xvid and a ton of other stuff too.

Guest lomnia123

I flashed it successfully, but I have a small problem thats kinda of annoying. Seems like my SMS is messed up. Everytime or most of the time I SEND a txt message my inbox or outlook acts like if its received a new message and what I mean is that it adds a (1) and highlights the message I just sent and it and puts it in bold. It's kind of annoying. Also I noticed that this may happen, because there is a blue highligh box that highlights a new message and it seems like it freezes on the old message and the new message that I just sent is treated as a new inbox message. Also new messages seem to be 1 minute behind on the timestamp, so Im guessing that its lagging and its freezing somehow. So can I reset outlook or something? I soft resested and nothing. By the way I backed up my old txt messages for some reason so I think that might be the issue? any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, does GPS just not work indoors? Seems like we have a weak gps chip or something because my friends iphone locates itself fast on google maps. Thanks.

Guest GlassEyedPete
I flashed it successfully, but I have a small problem thats kinda of annoying. Seems like my SMS is messed up. Everytime or most of the time I SEND a txt message my inbox or outlook acts like if its received a new message and what I mean is that it adds a (1) and highlights the message I just sent and it and puts it in bold. It's kind of annoying. Also I noticed that this may happen, because there is a blue highligh box that highlights a new message and it seems like it freezes on the old message and the new message that I just sent is treated as a new inbox message. Also new messages seem to be 1 minute behind on the timestamp, so Im guessing that its lagging and its freezing somehow. So can I reset outlook or something? I soft resested and nothing. By the way I backed up my old txt messages for some reason so I think that might be the issue? any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, does GPS just not work indoors? Seems like we have a weak gps chip or something because my friends iphone locates itself fast on google maps. Thanks.

should work indoors...to a point anyway. I'm using mine in my house and I'm getting 4-6 satellites.