New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest NewKlNGjames

holy crap I think that I bricked my phone!!! I ran the umdl_omnia_v.2.3 and everything seemed to work fine. Eboot loaded ok green bar on the omnia went all the way full. however when it restarted it just went to a blank screen. won't turn on. The power button is solid red. tried removing battery.. reflashing won't detect it anymore. Please help!!!!

Guest Solange82200
so i flashed my phone yesterday and all was working well. but now when i try to wake up my phone i get no response. i have to do a battery pull and restart the phone. has anyone encountered this?

Did you go into settings, then Power, and click on the Battery Power tab, and make sure that "Turn on Backlight when a button is pressed or the screen is tapped" tab is checked off?

Guest szinski
holy crap I think that I bricked my phone!!! I ran the umdl_omnia_v.2.3 and everything seemed to work fine. Eboot loaded ok green bar on the omnia went all the way full. however when it restarted it just went to a blank screen. won't turn on. The power button is solid red. tried removing battery.. reflashing won't detect it anymore. Please help!!!!

Before anyone attempts to load this new ROM, I suggest that they perform a Hard Reset on their phone THEN perform the upgrade. It's quite possible that a 3rd party app (or customizations) is causing the upgrade to fail.

Guest blazingwolf
Before anyone attempts to load this new ROM, I suggest that they perform a Hard Reset on their phone THEN perform the upgrade. It's quite possible that a 3rd party app (or customizations) is causing the upgrade to fail.

I doubt it as everything is completely removed. Many have already reported that there has been no issue not performing a hard reset before upgrading. It won't hurt though.

Guest NewKlNGjames

any ideas on what I can do now? Please!!!

Guest Wynnded
You could be #4. Sending PM.

Guest szinski
I doubt it as everything is completely removed.

Yes, removed after the upgrade succeeds.

I'm talking about before. There could be a 3rd party app (or customization) on the phone that interferes with the upgrade process which might prevent the new ROM from successfully installing. I suggest that anyone attempting to upgrade their phone perform a Hard Reset first then perform the ROM upgrade.

Guest necosino

Pretty sure that's the advice I gave people from the get-go. hard reset, then flash :excl: I do it with any electronic I have, and always will, and never had a problem :excl:

Guest Wynnded

I'm simply going to try to collect info via PMs to try to keep the thread sorta clean, maybe we can figure out what us "bricks" have or did, in common.

Guest blazingwolf

I'm talking about before. There could be a 3rd party app (or customization) on the phone that interferes with the upgrade process which might prevent the new ROM from successfully installing. I suggest that anyone attempting to upgrade their phone perform a Hard Reset first then perform the ROM upgrade.

Well, while I guess it is always possible I have never had issues with it as long as I have been flashing phones (which has been awhile :excl: ).

Guest Solange82200

I wish I had thought of that, hard resetting my phone before flashing. That makes sense. Mine flashed successfully though, but do you think it would help if I did a hard reset and then reflashed it? Im getting a lot of weird bugs and error messages here and there when I try to use stuff. Nothing major, but kind of annoying

Guest MrSmoofy

Red power button? (don't have phone with me) I don't remember my phone having a power button that lit up. You have a Verizon Samsung i910 right?

Guest blazingwolf
Red power button? (don't have phone with me) I don't remember my phone having a power button that lit up. You have a Verizon Samsung i910 right?

The power button lights up red when charging. There are times it also blinks red but I can't remeber te specific reason for that at the moment.

Guest blazingwolf
I wish I had thought of that, hard resetting my phone before flashing. That makes sense. Mine flashed successfully though, but do you think it would help if I did a hard reset and then reflashed it? Im getting a lot of weird bugs and error messages here and there when I try to use stuff. Nothing major, but kind of annoying

Have you just tried another hard reset? Give that a shot before flashing again.

Guest NewKlNGjames

yep it is a verizon i910. when you push the power button on top it can either be back lit green or red. Normally when I have noticed it before, it has been both colors (like when I turn it on or off) but flashing. now the power symbol is just back lit red.

anyone please help!!!

Guest glsniper

Thanks! Successfully flashed mine. I had some trouble with getting the GPS to lock but I was walking around campus while trying to get it to lock. I put it outside in one spot for 5 minutes and it finally locked on.

Guest WoZZeR999

3rd party apps couldn't do anything with the flashing. During the flashing steps, the phone is in a bootloader mode. None of the data from WinMo is even seen.

Something may have happened while it was flashing the Eboot section. Make sure your phone is at 100% power, pull battery/plug. Put it back in and see if it loads.

Guest NewKlNGjames
3rd party apps couldn't do anything with the flashing. During the flashing steps, the phone is in a bootloader mode. None of the data from WinMo is even seen.

Something may have happened while it was flashing the Eboot section. Make sure your phone is at 100% power, pull battery/plug. Put it back in and see if it loads.

I have tried that. charging was full. i have removed the battery several times. even tried starting up with the battery removed, just using my power cord. it does nothing but the backlit power button. Won't even start to load.

Guest apguy13

I have successfully flashed so I'm up and running. Google maps works but the xt9 keyboard wont work in it so i had to use the tiny white keyboard. Anyway I see that a major problem lies within the SMS. When I would try to read a message, the load time would be ridiculous. I just switched my text messages off of conversation mode to increase speed. (it works much better) But I prefer conversation mode. Anyone know a way to get conversation mode to work swiftly?

Guest pirate266

I figured out my problem with the "Device does not support DPRAM" thing.

All I had to do was unplug the USB cord and then press the reset button and everything is good now:) The phone took awhile to boot but everything seems ok and it appears the flash was successful.

I hope this helps!!

Guest necosino
I have successfully flashed so I'm up and running. Google maps works but the xt9 keyboard wont work in it so i had to use the tiny white keyboard. Anyway I see that a major problem lies within the SMS. When I would try to read a message, the load time would be ridiculous. I just switched my text messages off of conversation mode to increase speed. (it works much better) But I prefer conversation mode. Anyone know a way to get conversation mode to work swiftly?

Mine loads just fine. Try pushing the little reset button next to the power button to do a soft reset, instead of holding the power button.

Guest GlassEyedPete

Let me start by saying that doing a hard reset will not hurt anything. The rom update works before the phone has an opportunity to initialize any 3rd party apps, so I can't see how doing the hard reset changes anything. Now, anything you have on your pc that might interfere with the USB connection during the update is really bad news. I'd put more concern on what people have running on their pc rather than their phone.