New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest GlassEyedPete
Anyone done this with missing sync? GPS would be the bee's knees with my i910. Help the mac users out!

I'd help yourself to a friend's PC that will let you install the necessary software. I wouldn't suggest getting too creative when installing this rom.

Guest BamDastard
Is it just my imagination or do videos play crappier on the new ROM? Can someone try for me? Thanks :excl:

Video is fine for me. Try a soft reset. I have not had any issues other than it seeming that the screen rotation animations are a little slow.

Guest Qualude
I'd help yourself to a friend's PC that will let you install the necessary software. I wouldn't suggest getting too creative when installing this rom.

Thanks for reinforcing what I already suspected. I appreciate it. Keep up the good work guys.

Guest Solange82200
Video is fine for me. Try a soft reset. I have not had any issues other than it seeming that the screen rotation animations are a little slow.

Thanks. Ive been doing a couple of the registry hacks like for touch screen sensitivity, and stopping the Shozu autorun, so Im thinking maybe they may be messing up stuff on the new ROM? In any event, I did a hard reset and am starting from scratch :excl:

Guest necosino
I've noticed that once you unlock GPs and googlemaps works, vz navigator no longer works :excl: sucks you can't use both.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA OMG NOOBBBQH4X0RS!!!11!!1!!ELEVEN!!

Yes, it sucks that we can't use an outdated, forced-to-pay, worthless even when compared to a free alternative navigator... Aaah,that was the first big laugh I've had all day!!!

Guest Solange82200

So I dont get it, as long as you cant get google maps to connect, you can still use VZ navigator? I also would like the ability to use it in case I am going somewhere new, since it has turn by turn.

Guest yojoe600

i love that gps is unlocked but when i try to write text messages its soo slow and if i use finger keyboard its even slower... other than that and a hang ups i like the new rom

Guest Echo4C

Well, I flashed my phone and it all works well, except for the Weatherbug. I installed a few apps (Garmin, Google Maps, Sling Player, ICS, and PHM), rebooted, and now Weatherbug doesn't work anymore. It just sits in that spinning circle waiting to load, but doesn't ever get there. I uninstalled IAnyone else have this problem?

Guest Echo4C

Well, I flashed my phone and it all works well, except for the Weatherbug. I installed a few apps (Garmin, Google Maps, Sling Player, ICS, and PHM), rebooted, and now Weatherbug doesn't work anymore. It just sits in that spinning circle waiting to load, but doesn't ever get there. I uninstalled ICS hoping that was the culprit, but no luck. Anyone else have this problem?

Edited by Echo4C

Guest Aximtreo

OK, I finally got the nerve to do the update. I can tell you that I was so nervous that you couldn't drive a pin up my butt with a sledge hammer until it was over.

I'm just starting to play around and want to ask a coupld of questions. Google maps works great; found 5 satallites just sitting in my den with out having to go out side.

First question I can't get TT7 to work. I set the GPS to internal receiver but it says no device found. Also, the data connection starts when I load TT7. If this is a real unlocked GPS, what does a third part app need the data connection.

Where to I set the Com port and baud rate when trying to use TT7.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Aximtreo

Guest dwallersv

Okay, wasn't going to do this until got back from holiday traveling tuesday, but I just couldn't resist with all the working GPS stories so... I did it! Followed the PDF instructions to the letter, worked like a charm without incident.

Haven't had a chance to play with it yet, just finished. I'll come back and edit with my results with GPS and Google Maps (first thing I'm going to try).

I did want to add this one bit of advice that may help someone having trouble, especially those guys that get to like 48%, and then hang: My data cable has a very weak mechanical connection to the Omnia, especially as compared to the power adapter connector. The latter goes in with a solid "click", and stays put with gentle movement of the device.

The data cable connector is a piece of crap, makes no solid locked in connection, and will wiggle back and forth with the slightest movement of the Omnia, easily disconnecting some pins and screwing things up. I've learned about that while transferring data in Mass Storage mode, and have developed the habit of making sure that I'm either holding the cable tight against the phone when using it, or have placed it carefully aside, ensured that the connector was in all the way, and then made sure not to disturb it at all while connected and active.

If you've got a weak-connecting datacable like me, be sure and account for this while doing the update. This may be a source of some of the problems a few people are having.

Oh, and finally, I backed up with SbpBackup and then hard-reset the phone into it's virgin state before doing the update. Don't know if that made any difference (shouldn't) but figger'd it couldn't hurt.

EDIT: GPS working for me too on Google Maps... WOOHOO! Azintegra, thank-you donation on the way. Next, try it with iGO8...

EDIT: Works perfectly with iGO8...

Edited by dwallersv

Guest Adrynalyne
Well, I flashed my phone and it all works well, except for the Weatherbug. I installed a few apps (Garmin, Google Maps, Sling Player, ICS, and PHM), rebooted, and now Weatherbug doesn't work anymore. It just sits in that spinning circle waiting to load, but doesn't ever get there. I uninstalled ICS hoping that was the culprit, but no luck. Anyone else have this problem?

Yep, same issue. Weatherbug is buggy :excl:

Guest pillagingjack
holy crap I think that I bricked my phone!!! I ran the umdl_omnia_v.2.3 and everything seemed to work fine. Eboot loaded ok green bar on the omnia went all the way full. however when it restarted it just went to a blank screen. won't turn on. The power button is solid red. tried removing battery.. reflashing won't detect it anymore. Please help!!!!

The same thing happened to me. Flash went through fine, but when it rebooted it went to a blank screen. It still played the VZW intro sound, but all I got was a plain white screen. I used the reset button on top of the phone to reboot and it loaded up fine then.

It seems that the soft reset button and the battery pull method seem to be different. For example, one time my phone froze. I pulled the battery and tried to reboot. No luck. Then pulled the battery and let it sit for awhile. Rebooted...no dice. It finally rebooted when I hit the reset. I am thinking it would appear that when using the reset button it may have some sort of system check override it performs, where as the battery pull stops eveything dead in its tracks. That system check appears to be needed for certain situations. Try the reset button and let me know.

Nate

Guest Apo11on

Another brick here...same symptoms as somedude and pylesw. The only difference is that my EBOOT flash got stuck at 15%, not 48%.

I went to Verizon and managed to get it replaced.

To the ROM author - this is 5th or 6th brick already, with only few dozens of people who tried to flash. We followed the instructions in PDF precisely and it still bricked our phones. Perhaps you should consider withdrawing the ROM, removing the links and files from webhosting, and putting some more work into it, instead of asking for donations...

This is very expensive device, and personally, i'm not attepmting another flush of this ROM to my device, as I dont think I can get Verizon to replace it again - they document everything.

ROM and the downloader program, which performs the flash need to be thoroughly tested before being released to public, this isn't a regular app - if it's faulty it'll brick your phone, and there is nothing you will be able to do about it.

Guest AngusATAT
To the ROM author - this is 5th or 6th brick already, with only few dozens of people who tried to flash. We followed the instructions in PDF precisely and it still bricked our phones. Perhaps you should consider withdrawing the ROM, removing the links and files from webhosting, and putting some more work into it, instead of asking for donations...

I think you're a bit confused. The ROM author is Samsung. Azintegra just managed to get his hands on it early and provided it for us. He didn't create the ROM.

Guest NewKlNGjames
The same thing happened to me. Flash went through fine, but when it rebooted it went to a blank screen. It still played the VZW intro sound, but all I got was a plain white screen. I used the reset button on top of the phone to reboot and it loaded up fine then.

It seems that the soft reset button and the battery pull method seem to be different. For example, one time my phone froze. I pulled the battery and tried to reboot. No luck. Then pulled the battery and let it sit for awhile. Rebooted...no dice. It finally rebooted when I hit the reset. I am thinking it would appear that when using the reset button it may have some sort of system check override it performs, where as the battery pull stops eveything dead in its tracks. That system check appears to be needed for certain situations. Try the reset button and let me know.

Nate

reset button does nothing. I never got a white screen either. or the vzw sound. I already called vzw and will take it in tonight if I can't fix it.

Guest theidoctor.org

the rom author is SAMSUNG lol... this is a LEAKED ROM so what we are doing here is not necesarilly legal.... In fact, we wouldnt have this rom out if it werent for some of the members here haggling the person who had access.

But with our inpatient but consistent bullying, we were able to get it from him! :excl:

also, there is a disclaimer to installing this... it may not have been said on every post, but its written a few times in this forum... "nobody is to blame here for YOUR bricked phones."

im not trying to call you out, just trying to defend the guy that shouldnt be blamed.

I bricked my phone, got a new one from verizon, and now i have working gps... its a trial and error thing for us hackers, programmers, developers, or noobs.

Guest dough130y

+1 flashed successfully. this is my first post so i'll make it good. for some of you i can't figure what went wrong.

this is what i did, full story, step by step. 1st, i've read through the entire threads, this and the gps thread, and the pdf file. downloaded UMDL and CC20. following pdf to the T. installed usb drivers from VZAccess cd (just the drivers i didn't install VZaccess) and restarted computer (i'm running Vista btw and have activesync 4.5).

prior to hooking up omnia to usb, i hard reset (just to be safe, although i knew flashing would do this anyway) then *228 1.

then set in settings/system/data connection - internal data call, then settings/connections/usb connections - active sync,

then /usb to PC - unchecked enabled advanced network functionality. powered off (held down power button).

then on computer (vista) went to control panel/windows mobile device center - mobile device settings/connection settings - i took a chance and unchecked all boxes. i also made sure i had nothing else running in the background and even turned off my screensaver.

opened up UMDL, clicked on "unified image file" selected CC20, made sure bootloader and initializer boxes were unchecked (haven't touched anything else with UMDL). Hit detect.

hooked omnia to usb, turned it on, found phone, rest is history.

after phone restarted, i could send/receive calls, texts, but no mms or gps. so i *228 1, *228 2, now mms works. in phone settings/services/gps put location on, soft reset, said ok to disclaimer, and gps works (on gmaps takes some patience, but got 5 sat locate me within 30 meters)

things i've noticed with this rom: easy hotmail now with windows live, touch scrolling does seem better, backlight auto adjust DOES WORK (more responsive), regedit works (cures escalating ringtone, disconnect data, etc.)

it's like i have a whole new phone!! :excl: :excl:

Guest NewKlNGjames
the rom author is SAMSUNG lol... this is a LEAKED ROM so what we are doing here is not necesarilly legal.... In fact, we wouldnt have this rom out if it werent for some of the members here haggling the person who had access.

But with our inpatient but consistent bullying, we were able to get it from him! :excl:

also, there is a disclaimer to installing this... it may not have been said on every post, but its written a few times in this forum... "nobody is to blame here for YOUR bricked phones."

im not trying to call you out, just trying to defend the guy that shouldnt be blamed.

I bricked my phone, got a new one from verizon, and now i have working gps... its a trial and error thing for us hackers, programmers, developers, or noobs.

i agree. It's nobody's fault but mine that my phone is bricked.... I just want it fixed though!!!

Guest Apo11on

how did you brick it and what did you do differently 2nd time around, to flash successfully?

Guest szinski
I set the GPS to internal receiver but it says no device found.

Got to Phone Settings and set the GPS to "Location On" (instead of 911 only).

Guest GlassEyedPete
Well, I flashed my phone and it all works well, except for the Weatherbug. I installed a few apps (Garmin, Google Maps, Sling Player, ICS, and PHM), rebooted, and now Weatherbug doesn't work anymore. It just sits in that spinning circle waiting to load, but doesn't ever get there. I uninstalled IAnyone else have this problem?

I had an issue not updating when the phone was connected via active sync. Are you trying this with your phone not connected to your pc?

Guest timmah505

I am a dumba$$!!! Does anyone have the original firmware version for the i910? I didnt make a backup and installed the wrong ROM. Someone please help.