New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest xxmadhatter

at itlooksfast: i had the same problem when flashing my phone and the first thing I did was to go online and look for answers. than I saw on my mozilla download bar, it hadn't finished downloading yet! :excl: maybe check that?

Guest Itlooksfast

What wasnt finish downloading yet? I mean I tried typing in UNIFIED IMAGE FILE in the search box..I dont know how else to search for it. I checked my DOWNLOAD BAR Status...everything is done downlaoding...no pending action either.

ANYONE PLEASE HELP!! I wanna get this thing done..kinda excited about it..lol How do I solve this problem?

Edited by Itlooksfast

Guest theidoctor.org
What wasnt finish downloading yet? I mean I tried typing in UNIFIED IMAGE FILE in the search box..I dont know how else to search for it. I check my DOWNLOAD BAR Status...everything is done downlaoding...no pending action either

try putting the firmware in a different folder by itself. then choose the img file from that folder..

make sure you have the correct file also..

http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html all the correct files should be there... just download them to be safe.

Guest Wynnded

doc: That's a hard reset correct? Tried it. Nill.

hatter: The file size in my downloads is the correct size. When flashing, the loading bar on the phone and in the flash program both reached 100% at the same time.

What I thought to be a button under the battery cover I've discovered to be an input for an external antenna.

Any thoughts about shorting the battery connections in the phone with the battery removed? I've read of this being used to reset ECUs in automobiles.

Guest bigperm

Hey all, going to take the plunge, but have seen two different things...iDoctor and others say click to "Sync with mass Storage" others say "Active Sync" on the phone, which is it?

Thanks

Guest Maddawg6

I'm yet another lurker that has been waiting to take this plunge... must admit that the first attempt did not work at all due to the fact that I did not verify that the Samsung USB driver was actually working correctly prior to executing the image loader program. Basically just make sure that your phone is plugged in prior to executing, turn it off, run the loader program with directions, turn it on and it should start up. Everything worked fine after that just like most others have posted. Still working through GPS issues...

The other thing I've noted is for those that have a brick, I've read several places that a hard reset can be done by holding down the Send and End keys and then use a pin to hit the reset button beside the power button (all at the same time). I certainly hope this works for those that have not had success yet!

Guest theidoctor.org
doc: That's a hard reset correct? Tried it. Nill.

no... i was trying to put it in bootloader mode... i was hoping that the phone would be able to recognize those types of button presses... if it cant put it in bootloader mode, then its pretty much dead.

the iphone has boot loader mode also... holding the power and main button for 10 seconds.... the omnia has to have something like that... all devices do, just in cases like this.

Guest theidoctor.org
Hey all, going to take the plunge, but have seen two different things...iDoctor and others say click to "Sync with mass Storage" others say "Active Sync" on the phone, which is it?

Thanks

its sync with mass storage!

do not sync with active sync...

Guest Itlooksfast
try putting the firmware in a different folder by itself. then choose the img file from that folder..

make sure you have the correct file also..

http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html all the correct files should be there... just download them to be safe.

Im sorry but what Firmware are you talking about? and what is the correct file? I mean followed everything in the PDF so far...so do i need to do anything else?

edit: nvm I found it...let me dl that and see what happen.

Edited by Itlooksfast

Guest theidoctor.org
Im sorry but what Firmware are you talking about? and what is the correct file? I mean followed everything in the PDF so far...so do i need to do anything else?

well, if you are trying to update to the latest firmware, you need the actual firmware... all the files that you need are in that link... but all you really need is the umdl and the firmware....

and i added the tutorial as well as the usb driver for the omnia in case people dont have it

Guest Itlooksfast

Great SUCCCESSS!!!! Flashing done! Everything is fine...calling/texting..the only problem I got is the icon to the GPS under SETTING is gone. I went to SETTING and SYSTEMS and I cant find any GPS related stuff....whats going on?

Guest lambi1982

all I can say is "jashdfiagwfhbadhfbasdhfbasdhbfahsbfuahbsdufhbasdfhbasdf"

it feels THAT good :excl:

I have flashed many devices, for some reason this one made me CRAP myself :excl:

took about 6 min for me and all is well THANK YOU

iGo8 found the GPS without changing anything.....I love this phone even more now and the new keyboard way more responsive

Edited by lambi1982

Guest Itlooksfast

GREAT!!! everything is working fine!! Ill fine tone things late. GPS is up and running! THanks guys! great job!!!! Im donating!

Guest theidoctor.org
all I can say is "jashdfiagwfhbadhfbasdhfbasdhbfahsbfuahbsdufhbasdfhbasdf"

it feels THAT good :excl:

I have flashed many devices, for some reason this one made me CRAP myself :excl:

took about 6 min for me and all is well THANK YOU

YOU GUYS SHOULD DONATE IF you like it lol.. help some of these developers out

Guest Pdub73
Yeah, realized what you meant after I clicked Post! I did have it on. I just uninstalled it and got it off of the App Zone. It's working now.

hey Bam I have not been able to get my VZnav to work since the update, u said u DL it from the appZone? the App zone on ur phone?

Guest Wynnded

As I'm still within my 30 day period, could I walk back into the Verizon store and sternly request that my unit be swapped out for another i910 although I upgrade my phones directly with Verizon?

Edited by Wynnded

Guest Itlooksfast

OK guys problem...where do I change the GPS settings to COM8 and baud of 57600 for the GPS to work? Cuz I cant find it under SETTING>SYSTEM anywhere....so whats going on?

ALSO...with the new ROM...I saw in one of the photoshot by ADRYNALYNE on POST # 18 of the WIDGET menus...how do we get there? Cuz I need to change some of the widgets...

I have my GPS setting to LOCATION ON so thats not the problem.

EDIT: problem fixed!

Edited by Itlooksfast

Guest scotthardin

Hey i have flashed the new software and works great but even though i backed up all of my contacts, my text messaging is just showing the numbers, not the actual names. Why is that? Also windows mobile update wont do anything. I can load it but then it will just sit and load. It doesnt freeze my phone but why would it do that??

Guest Solange82200
its sync with mass storage!

do not sync with active sync...

Holy crap! I thought it was with Active Sync! That is what I did it with! Im confused now.

Also, now that I unlocked the GPS settings with the registry hack, I dont know what to put in there. Do I make the program port Com8, or the hardware port? Do I check off manage GPS automatically?

hey Bam I have not been able to get my VZnav to work since the update, u said u DL it from the appZone? the App zone on ur phone?

I would like to know about this too. I redownloaded Vz nav from the app zone and it still doesnt work. Add to that that Google maps doesnt work most of the time, and I am without a navigator :excl:

Edited by Solange82200

Guest eufouria

Please excuse my ignorace but is this updated Rom the same that will be released soon officially by Verizon?

I read elsewhere Vz would release it on the 11th of May, do they just release the Rom online or do you go into a store to have the device flashed?

Guest lomnia123

I recently flashed with no problem, but I have this SMS problem. I did a hard reset and only resetted the "main storage" not the the storage cards. And the problem persisted, should I just reset all of the storage cards??? or is there a difference between resetting it by going into setting etc or by doing it with the buttons?? or should I reflash? is that dangerous?

By the way does anyone else have an SMS related problem? if so post. My problem is that if Im in a conversation and we are sending messages back and forth, then I go back to the list of conversations, I have like an (8) or whatever numbers of messages I sent, thats so annoying it seems like its taking every message I send in a conversation and turning it into like a received message, really weird. Finally anyone who flashed NOT having ANY problems with SMS? thanks.

Guest veja74

OK, guys, I am finally resorting to your help on this one as I have not seen anybody else with this issue. I can't seem to get the Omnia to even get recognized by the intaller pack. I have put deactivated USB in ActiveSync, changed USB connection on the Omnia to mass storage, and when I click "detect" in the installer it gives four lines of "usbdev open failed" and then a final line of "PDA device not found". I have had these same results on 2 separate PCs both running XP. Now, I did switch the Omnia back to "ActiveSync" mode instead of "mass storage" mode and the installer just sits there when I click "detect" and doesn't do anything. I have made sure all the correct drivers are installed and I have rebooted both the PCs and the Omnia several times.

Any insight?

Thanks