New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest taz55
hello all,

Good work everyone on developing this new rom! I am a complete noob when it comes to flashing, roms etc... So I am trying to get a frim grip on this. I continue to read that this is quite easy to do but after looking into the pdf doc. in the first post it dosent seem as easy as everyone is making it sound. If someone could generate a step by step flow chart or process that could make this a no brainer for people like me it, im sure everyone the needs it would be greatly apprciate it including myself.

Secondly, What are the benefits in taking such a huge risk with the phone? what kind of memory is freed up? what kind of hard facts can people post. I've also read that doing this can improve your reception? Can someone please confirm. To be honest this is my only want! I have horrible reception and that alone would be worth the risk. Also I hate to be so nervous about doing this, but this is a work phone and it has taken me a long time to set it up to a point that i feel is ideal for my work and personel use.

Any input from all of you would be greatly appreciated.

One more thing, may I suggest that we split the posts. ROM and specific info regarding the rom itself example: apps need to flash rom, apps in the rom itself, memory, other stats in one post, and results, trouble issues, fixes and anything else in another topic. Its tough to keep 30 plus pages in order.

Sorry for the lengthy post, im just looking for clean and precise info.

Many thanks

T

I too get apprehensive looking at the PDF. I am unsure about what to install where. and what to do. A good step by step or youtube video would be awesome.

Guest vash8806
i did this registry edit...

all it did was mess up my system settings menu....

how do i fix it back?

do i just add a value in that same place as "Redirect"?

1. In order for this fix to work, you must first FLASH your Omnia with the new i910 ROM. If you don't have the flashed ROM, it wont work.

2. The only thing that that this key does is enable/disable "External GPS" visiblity. <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb202034.aspx>

3. Using PHM Registry Editor on your Omnia i910, you can simply create another key, by going to the bottom left of the screen where it says "Edit", click on it, then go to "New String Value" option at the top of this menu. Then type in "Redirect" in "Value Name:" and "0" in "Value data:"

4. I dono what you did, but that should fix it. As for the whole fix, I found out that you can simply just enable "Location On" mode Under "Phone" settings after flashing to NEW ROM and your GPS will work fine in Google Maps. First time might take 40-60 seconds to lock.

Guest azskycop

Help....

I'm new here, I found this site yesterday and want to say THANKS.....I did the new ROM flash and all is working good, even GPS in google maps. However the Weatherbug does not work, will not return with a search for any city. Also I don't get the 5 min battery increments.

Did I do something wrong or is this an easy fix??

Guest necosino
Help....

I'm new here, I found this site yesterday and want to say THANKS.....I did the new ROM flash and all is working good, even GPS in google maps. However the Weatherbug does not work, will not return with a search for any city. Also I don't get the 5 min battery increments.

Did I do something wrong or is this an easy fix??

Weather bug is.. well.. buggy.. :excl:

For the 5% incriments, go to settings - power, and you should see the more exact measurement there :excl:

Guest z33k3369

OK.. flash went fine.... GPS working right with GMaps... BUT... Weahter Bug won't let me enter a city. I enter a city name and then 'search', but it doesn't find anything. When I try to change settings for the program, I get "Cannot make XML Dom". Anyone have any ideas?

Guest deviant24x

Oh crap... I think I may have bricked my phone.

I followed all the directions exactly: Set active sync to (do not allow usb connections), phone settings to sync with mass storage, had my phone completely off. Opened the UMDL and selected unified image file and then detect button, plugged in the phone, turned it on.

Everything was going fine, it flashed the image and got to the phone part and then told me the phone would not work [DPRAM] and it stopped there.

Was I supposed to have been under the platform "SCH-i910 || (WM6.1)[DPRAM]" or did I mess up and it should have been "SCH-i910 || (WM6.1)"?

I'm not sure what I did wrong, but at the point where the computer stopped doing anything I unplugged the phone because the image had already loaded...

Please someone help... I think I'm screwed on this one.

Guest Solange82200

Can someone please explain to me why we are instructing people to set the phone to sync with mass storage? I was under the impression from the PDF that it has to be set to Activesync mode. Could that be why alot of these people are having problems? Can we please get this cleared up? I've seen it asked a couple of times already, and unless I missed it somehow, I havent seen the answer....

Edit: Once I get the answer to this, I can make a more noob-friendly walk through if someone needs it.

Edited by Solange82200

Guest Omega Ra

yeah I never set it to mass storage either. I just turned off USB connections is active sync, and ran the program, turned phone off, selected image, hit detect, plugged phone in and turned on and voila!

Guest blazingwolf
Can someone please explain to me why we are instructing people to set the phone to sync with mass storage? I was under the impression from the PDF that it has to be set to Activesync mode. Could that be why alot of these people are having problems? Can we please get this cleared up? I've seen it asked a couple of times already, and unless I missed it somehow, I havent seen the answer....

Edit: Once I get the answer to this, I can make a more noob-friendly walk through if someone needs it.

Someone decided to try it and it worked for them when updating to the new ROM. There is no real reason to do this though.

Guest Solange82200

Ok guys, I would suggest that if you are having problems with your phone set to USB storage mode, change it to Activesync mode. That makes sense to me, being that the instructions tell you to change a setting in Activesync. Why would you change a setting in Activesync if you arent even going to connect to it?

Guest ChillyCat
Was I supposed to have been under the platform "SCH-i910 || (WM6.1)[DPRAM]" or did I mess up and it should have been "SCH-i910 || (WM6.1)"?

Valid question

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3

Select a platform: there are those two options

Guest bikercr

Anyone have a problem connecting with Windows Update in Settings-->System? I'm getting the error message, "Connection to update server not available; check your data connection..." Not that there was ever anything to obtain via Update, but curious why, after ROM upgrade, it no longer works.

(BTW, BAF GPS toggle is fantastic. Very nice to have unlocked GPS now.)

Guest Adrynalyne
Valid question

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3

Select a platform: there are those two options

I've always done it with DPRAM, but I have seen others use the non DPRAM option when DPRAM fails.

I've flashed a good 6-7 times with DPRAM though.

Guest theidoctor.org
I've always done it with DPRAM, but I have seen others use the non DPRAM option when DPRAM fails.

I've flashed a good 6-7 times with DPRAM though.

use dpram.... just leave everything at its default settings

Guest Wynnded

Would USB 1.0 vs USB 2.0 cause any problems? Another Omnia user and myself have USB 1.0 and bricked Omnias. Verizon is replacing mine (whew!).

Tangent: Within a 100 mile radius of my home, there are only Verizon Authorized Retailers. They tell me that only Authorized Dealers are allowed to trade out phones on site. I had to contact Customer Service about my brick and wait for FedEx to decide to deliver some packages. It's pretty crumby in these parts. /Tangent

Guest z33k3369
Anyone have a problem connecting with Windows Update in Settings-->System? I'm getting the error message, "Connection to update server not available; check your data connection..." Not that there was ever anything to obtain via Update, but curious why, after ROM upgrade, it no longer works.

(BTW, BAF GPS toggle is fantastic. Very nice to have unlocked GPS now.)

I get "No updates are available at this time". Appears to be connecting properly.

Guest theidoctor.org
Would USB 1.0 vs USB 2.0 cause any problems? Another Omnia user and myself have USB 1.0 and bricked Omnias. Verizon is replacing mine (whew!).

Tangent: Within a 100 mile radius of my home, there are only Verizon Authorized Retailers. They tell me that only Authorized Dealers are allowed to trade out phones on site. I had to contact Customer Service about my brick and wait for FedEx to decide to deliver some packages. It's pretty crumby in these parts. /Tangent

It probably would... usb 1.0 is ancient

Guest azskycop
OK.. flash went fine.... GPS working right with GMaps... BUT... Weahter Bug won't let me enter a city. I enter a city name and then 'search', but it doesn't find anything. When I try to change settings for the program, I get "Cannot make XML Dom". Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like the same issue I am having. If I check "power" under "settings" I don't get the 5% increments like everyone else. Check yours to see if you have the same problem. Maybe something went wrong with the flash. I did mine from a 64bit Windows XP computer. All else seems to work fine and I can live without weatherbug and the 5% but would be nice if someone has an easy fix.

Guest jbrittmartin
I too get apprehensive looking at the PDF. I am unsure about what to install where. and what to do. A good step by step or youtube video would be awesome.

this was my first smartphone and first flash experience.

i used both the pdf and the tutorial link from idoctor on here.... i used them together at the same time... referring to both as i did it. this helped me.... because when i had a question from one set of instructions i could find the answer in the other. the steps really aren't that complicated.

i also read this entire thread first.

i backed up using SPB Backup. it worked fine on the restore.

i didn't even hard reset before i did the flash.

i have since gotten GPS and everything working just fine.

Guest andymont
Honestly? I followed the pdf file in the GPS thread to a T, and that was all it took. Dont think I can improve on it.

I gave up on Samsung PST.

What is the link for this PDF file. I still can't get my GPS working on my Omnia with the new rom.

Guest z33k3369
Sounds like the same issue I am having. If I check "power" under "settings" I don't get the 5% increments like everyone else. Check yours to see if you have the same problem. Maybe something went wrong with the flash. I did mine from a 64bit Windows XP computer. All else seems to work fine and I can live without weatherbug and the 5% but would be nice if someone has an easy fix.

I'm not getting a % power read out anywhere... just the small icon on the main screen and the sliding bar under 'settings/power'... nowhere is there a number giving me a % of battery remaining...

Guest Omega Ra
I'm not getting a % power read out anywhere... just the small icon on the main screen and the sliding bar under 'settings/power'... nowhere is there a number giving me a % of battery remaining...

In easy settings the power button shows me as 75% currently, so check easy settings