New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest JamesBond007

I'm on a Windows 7 machines, installed the Samsung Drivers, and when I use the UMLD I make the selections, however it never finds a device, even after I click the Detect button.

I can use the WMDC to get to the device at the same time, not sure why I can't flash. I'm still at the step of updating the image to i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img

Anyone have any ideas. I also tried this from my Vista machine with the same results.

Guest azskycop
In easy settings the power button shows me as 75% currently, so check easy settings

I also checked under easy settings and it does give % of power. Same "bar only" if I check it from regular settings. Sounds like for some reason our phones did not take the 5% or the weatherbug. Don't know if I'm willing to try another re-flash for that.

Guest Adrynalyne
I also checked under easy settings and it does give % of power. Same "bar only" if I check it from regular settings. Sounds like for some reason our phones did not take the 5% or the weatherbug. Don't know if I'm willing to try another re-flash for that.

No...what you see is what you get.

Guest rosenhauer
No...what you see is what you get.

I don't know about you but having one utility that will display 5% power readings is a long way from actually having 5% power increments. I want Bati and S2U2 and TrackMe to be able to read better than 20% chunks.

Guest deviant24x

Just to update on my (unfortunately) bricked phone. I believe that what my real problem was, is that originally I used a different site for directions and went by the numbers from their directions.

http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/2009/04/ver...eta-rom-leaked/

The problem with their directions is that they leave out what may be a crucial step... and I would need someone to verify this, but they have as a download SamsungUSBDriver.zip, yet none of the steps mention that it has to be used.

I flashed the new Rom from the umdl and got to the phone part where the software stopped on my computer and told me that the phone would not update, and had a message in red stating this in the device update. My phone continued flashing the do not disconnect message despite nothing happening on my computer. Eventually, after waiting for several minutes, I removed the phone and did a soft reset. HUGE MISTAKE!!!

Anyways... once I get my replacement phone I think I might end up waiting for the "official" update. Hopefully it won't be too long...

Can anyone verify if my problem was with not using SamsungUSBDriver? Or was there something else I could do when the umdl stopped at the phone step after flashing the rest of the software?

Guest theidoctor.org
Just to update on my (unfortunately) bricked phone. I believe that what my real problem was, is that originally I used a different site for directions and went by the numbers from their directions.

http://knguyentu.com/wordpress/2009/04/ver...eta-rom-leaked/

The problem with their directions is that they leave out what may be a crucial step... and I would need someone to verify this, but they have as a download SamsungUSBDriver.zip, yet none of the steps mention that it has to be used.

I flashed the new Rom from the umdl and got to the phone part where the software stopped on my computer and told me that the phone would not update, and had a message in red stating this in the device update. My phone continued flashing the do not disconnect message despite nothing happening on my computer. Eventually, after waiting for several minutes, I removed the phone and did a soft reset. HUGE MISTAKE!!!

Anyways... once I get my replacement phone I think I might end up waiting for the "official" update. Hopefully it won't be too long...

Can anyone verify if my problem was with not using SamsungUSBDriver? Or was there something else I could do when the umdl stopped at the phone step after flashing the rest of the software?

the samsung driver is only for the people that cant get their phones to connect with the computer properly....

my computer automatically found the drivers for my phone and i was able to communicate properly...

did you make sure to do a hard reset?

Also, did you turn OFF "allow usb connection" on your computer under the active sync settings?

Guest anamelesssomebody
It probably would... usb 1.0 is ancient

My ancient usb1.0 flashed phone is working just fine. :excl: much better than new. :excl:

Guest razorback489

Ok I'm stuck at the same spot as everyone else was. It tells you to click on this "Click the "EBOOT+PDA+PHONE(+CSC)" button." Instead of that I have the "Unified Image File (*img)" button. Clicking that brings up the window asking for the image. This is where I'm stuck. What image am I supposed to use? Thanks in advance. modify_inline.gif

Guest Adrynalyne
Ok I'm stuck at the same spot as everyone else was. It tells you to click on this "Click the "EBOOT+PDA+PHONE(+CSC)" button." Instead of that I have the "Unified Image File (*img)" button. Clicking that brings up the window asking for the image. This is where I'm stuck. What image am I supposed to use? Thanks in advance. modify_inline.gif

The one you downloaded :excl:

Guest razorback489
The one you downloaded :excl:

The only thing I downloaded was "UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3" That doesn't show up in the window to click on. So I typed it in manually and every line filled up with "Select the Correct Unified Image File!" I feel like I'm missing a file.

Guest briankosarko
The only thing I downloaded was "UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3" That doesn't show up in the window to click on. So I typed it in manually and every line filled up with "Select the Correct Unified Image File!" I feel like I'm missing a file.

Im also stuck with this. I dont wanna risk ruining my phone, so is there an actual image file that needs to be downloaded or something?

Guest Adrynalyne

So, you downloaded the flashing program, but not the rom?

Thats not gonna work! :excl:

Grab the img file. Links are somewhere around here.

Guest razorback489
Im also stuck with this. I dont wanna risk ruining my phone, so is there an actual image file that needs to be downloaded or something?

Ok bro I figured it out. Go back to page 1, you have to download the "Megaupload link for new Firmware ". The third file down. Then thats the file you click on for the image. I thought that was just the pack of the .exe and the .pdf so I didn't grab it. I'm flashing my Omnia as we speak.

Thank you Adrynalyne!

Ok just finished. My phone is running way smoother. Messing around with it right now to get everything back to the way I liked it. Works perfect so far. Thank you to everyone!!!!

Edited by razorback489

Guest Solange82200

I was under the impression that everyone had to install the Samsung driver. I would say that not doing so is skipping a crucial step. I feel like as if everyone keeps changing the instructions around from what originally worked, and a lot of people are ending up with bricked phones. Can we agree on one set of instructions and quit giving people conflicting advice please?

Guest theidoctor.org
I was under the impression that everyone had to install the Samsung driver. I would say that not doing so is skipping a crucial step. I feel like as if everyone keeps changing the instructions around from what originally worked, and a lot of people are ending up with bricked phones. Can we agree on one set of instructions and quit giving people conflicting advice please?

there is only one set of instructions... they are the same on this site and http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html

i just put them there so people wouldnt have to search a million posts to get to it.... not every phone is going to be the same.... mine was bricked at first then i got a new phone and it worked.

just bad luck... i guess.

FYI... if you cant face the fact that something might go wrong, especially on something we arent supposed to have, then you shouldnt try this.... dont blame us for it, it isnt our fault...

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest Solange82200
there is only one set of instructions... they are the same on this site and http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html

i just put them there so people wouldnt have to search a million posts to get to it.... not every phone is going to be the same.... mine was bricked at first then i got a new phone and it worked.

just bad luck... i guess.

FYI... if you cant face the fact that something might go wrong, especially on something we arent supposed to have, then you shouldnt try this.... dont blame us for it, it isnt our fault...

I wasn't trying to single you out, and my phone flashed just fine. What I'm referring to is some people putting the phone in Active sync mode, others in USB mode, some saying you have to have the Samsung Driver, some saying you don't... I'm not blaming anyone for phones bricking, I know that happens, but I can see why so many people would be confused.

Guest theidoctor.org
I wasn't trying to single you out, and my phone flashed just fine. What I'm referring to is some people putting the phone in Active sync mode, others in USB mode, some saying you have to have the Samsung Driver, some saying you don't... I'm not blaming anyone for phones bricking, I know that happens, but I can see why so many people would be confused.

yea... understandable... i didnt mean to backlash at you like that....

im not sure why people post these different things.... mostly cause it worked for them... but they really should follow the directions on my site...

those are the directions that the very first people who flashed the phones got working....

Guest jbr05ki

After flashing with this ROM, I can't access BofA via the Opera Browser. I did a hard reset and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Guest razorback489

After getting everything back to normal, I started installing all my old programs. Now I keep getting errors and it keeps asking if I want to send my errors or not. Gonna flash it again, maybe it didn't like the program I installed.

Guest theidoctor.org
After getting everything back to normal, I started installing all my old programs. Now I keep getting errors and it keeps asking if I want to send my errors or not. Gonna flash it again, maybe it didn't like the program I installed.

wait!!! you need to turn error reporting off in the settings... that will take all the errors away.

this is why so many people brick their phones!

these are simple fixes

Guest theidoctor.org
After flashing with this ROM, I can't access BofA via the Opera Browser. I did a hard reset and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks!

do you have to turn on flash for it? or enable java script in the settings? see if it will work in internet explorer or download skyfire and see if it will work... if it does than change the settings in opera

Guest Solange82200
yea... understandable... i didnt mean to backlash at you like that....

im not sure why people post these different things.... mostly cause it worked for them... but they really should follow the directions on my site...

those are the directions that the very first people who flashed the phones got working....

No problem, you were just stating your opinion. I agree with you 100 percent