New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest theidoctor.org
Anyone have trouble with s2u2 on this new ROM? When I install it, the lock application turns on but there is no slider to unlock. Any ideas?

This was the easiest flash I've ever done! :excl:

mine worked fine... did you install their newer one?

i didnt like it because it kept going into lock mode when i was using my navigation...

Guest happydekind
i did that the thin i get missed box that comes up and says WINUSB_Initialize frome the umdl software lucks up

thanks for the help that worked I forgot to disable active sync did the update did a active sync with Google got all my contacts back phones seems to be working good awesome :excl: me very happy now going to test GPS right now thanks for the help

Guest SwedeBoy

heart pounding for several days since I found this post a few days ago.....

Should I do it.... sleeplesss.... starting the program loading the image... shutting off phone connecting the cord... didn't dare starting the phone up again... until today.... Yay it worked... I was thinking that my post would be that I count another brick but it worked... restoring phone now.

Guest Cooper3950
mine worked fine... did you install their newer one?

i didnt like it because it kept going into lock mode when i was using my navigation...

Yeah I used s2u2 1.62. I have re-downloaded and installed several times. Since the fresh version doesn't work, it has to be something on my phone. :excl:

There are special settings where you can specify the running programs which s2u2 should not start over. It's a great utility I wish I could get to work.

Nevermind, there were some registry problems. Fixed it!

Edited by Cooper3950

Guest banderdragon

Good news, after a good nights sleep i decided to tackle this on a different computer. This computer has never been connected to my Omnia so i figured it would be a good test.

set everything up and powered on Omnia and i get the installing drivers message and nothing else. i let that finish then try again and BAM, works a trick.

I can say definitively that this works on windows x64. the successfull flash was on a Vista Ultimate 64 box.

Thanks everyone again for all their help.

*starts to fiddle with phone now*

Guest Solange82200
heart pounding for several days since I found this post a few days ago.....

Should I do it.... sleeplesss.... starting the program loading the image... shutting off phone connecting the cord... didn't dare starting the phone up again... until today.... Yay it worked... I was thinking that my post would be that I count another brick but it worked... restoring phone now.

Lol, I know, I felt the same way. Finally I couldn't take it any more, I just did it so I wouldn't have to wonder anymore

Guest Don Carr

I just purchased the phone and I'm very interested in SAFELY unlocking the gps. I'm real green when it comes to working with this kind of thing on phones however. Is the gps confirmed working? Any step by step written instructions available?

Thanks

OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest :excl: .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

Guest Cooper3950
I just purchased the phone and I'm very interested in SAFELY unlocking the gps. I'm real green when it comes to working with this kind of thing on phones however. Is the gps confirmed working? Any step by step written instructions available?

Thanks

It's easy as pie. If you can follow the very few steps listed on first page you will be just fine. GPS works great! Be sure you're comfortable with the risks though, because they are real. If you follow instructions well you shouldn't have problems.

Guest Solange82200

Sorry if this has been posted already, but does it matter whether you install a GPS program in My Device or My Storage? Just making sure....

Guest Omega Ra
Sorry if this has been posted already, but does it matter whether you install a GPS program in My Device or My Storage? Just making sure....

Nope, doesn't matter. I have mine on my storage card, and had my previous one in "My Storage" so it's all good.

Guest necosino

Doesn't make a difference. Any stand-alone program (with its own maps) will need to be in storage obviously due to the size though :excl: Other programs like GMaps downloads its map data while driving

Guest theidoctor.org
Thanks for the answers. I figured as much, I was just hoping to be able to figure out why my gps signal is so crappy *sigh*

yeah, its the same for all of us

Guest deviant24x
the samsung driver is only for the people that cant get their phones to connect with the computer properly....

my computer automatically found the drivers for my phone and i was able to communicate properly...

did you make sure to do a hard reset?

Also, did you turn OFF "allow usb connection" on your computer under the active sync settings?

Yep, I turned off "allow usb connection" on the computer and my phone was hard reset. I'm just trying to see if there is something that I was missing that would have caused my phone to brick unlike some other peoples...

The computer I used has XP sp3 on it and I'm considering trying this again with my Vista laptop once I get a new phone... but I may just end up waiting for the Verizon update after this.

Finally took the plunge and all worked out well. A couple of tense moments but phone seems to be in good working order.

Thank you very much for all the info and help that has been provided.

Guest theidoctor.org
The computer I used has XP sp3 on it and I'm considering trying this again with my Vista laptop once I get a new phone... but I may just end up waiting for the Verizon update after this.

hmm... well if you get your new one, it should be easier cause its already reset....

i would do it on a different computer though just to be safe... i did mine on a vista and mine bricked at first too

Guest Vahnyyz

k, so hopefully you guys all understand i'm fairly stupid =] cause i've never done anything to any of my phones, so i just used SPB backup, and i'm in need of knowing a couple things, i moved the backup from my "My Storage" to my desktop, and I want to know if i use and reinstall spb onto my phone after erasing everything and using one of these custom roms and stuff, will it have all my text and picture messages brought back and everything?

Guest Cooper3950
k, so hopefully you guys all understand i'm fairly stupid =] cause i've never done anything to any of my phones, so i just used SPB backup, and i'm in need of knowing a couple things, i moved the backup from my "My Storage" to my desktop, and I want to know if i use and reinstall spb onto my phone after erasing everything and using one of these custom roms and stuff, will it have all my text and picture messages brought back and everything?

I used PIMBackup for messages, call logs, contacts, etc. Worked great.

Guest tenacious bee

Did mine last night following the pdf instructions. No had reset and no third party back up. Synced before starting and all came out well. Had to do the *228 thing and use my email recovery ap. Done. All pics attached to contacts, calendar in place and so on.

Guest Kwijibo

I reflashed my Omnia a few days ago, have been playing around with it for a few days now. There are some things I like, and some that I don't.

Irritating changes/"features" are:

New simplified settings menu.

"All settings" button seems to be difficult to select. I've only found a small spot in the top left corner of that enormous box that will actually select this option.

Phone often will slow down, and that "progress wheel" will flash and spin in sequences of three. This item is always on top, so it gets in the way and is very irritating.

Awesome features:

THE GPS WORKS!

THE GPS WORKS!

THE GPS WORKS! WOOOOHOOOO! :excl:

All in all, well worth it.

btw... has anyone gotten the following to work with the new ROM?

Resco Contact Manager

Today2 plugin

SPB shell

Guest theidoctor.org
I reflashed my Omnia a few days ago, have been playing around with it for a few days now. There are some things I like, and some that I don't.

Irritating changes/"features" are:

New simplified settings menu.

"All settings" button seems to be difficult to select. I've only found a small spot in the top left corner of that enormous box that will actually select this option.

Phone often will slow down, and that "progress wheel" will flash and spin in sequences of three. This item is always on top, so it gets in the way and is very irritating.

Awesome features:

THE GPS WORKS!

THE GPS WORKS!

THE GPS WORKS! WOOOOHOOOO! :excl:

All in all, well worth it.

btw... has anyone gotten the following to work with the new ROM?

Resco Contact Manager

Today2 plugin

SPB shell

ummm... im sure the resco will work... but eveything else works like normal... the rom update doesnt do too much, but for real improvements, look for cooked ones lol

Guest ifly85

+1 more. Worked for me yesterday just fine on Vista. I love that the GPS works now too, just like everyone else.

My bet on the people having trouble is that something on the computer is making your USB connection hinky. Good luck to you guys.

Thanks!

Edited by ifly85