New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest theidoctor.org
Is there someplace else to download the ROM's? The page is blocked here at work.

can you wait till your at home? if not i can upload it to my website and let people start getting it from there.

Guest JDawg183
Is there someplace else to download the ROM's? The page is blocked here at work.

Just a thought for you, most places that block sites like that, track what you download, and if it is not business related, might not like it too much. Just my $0.02

Guest wamsille

I have iGO 8 on my phone now. I received a lock about a minute after I would normally with just Google Maps or even Live Search. That's fine. The interface seems a bit unorthodox, but I guess it will just take time to get used to it and hopefully it will become second nature. It hasn't yet routed me in any unusual ways like VZ Navigator would (and has in the past) so I'm curious what several other real world tests will yield. The device inexplicably lost the GPS signal and went to pot after five minutes, though. The phone was also very hot to the touch.

Jury is out on this one. I think 10 years ago I was more willing to sit down with these sort of devices and have my fun with them and mod and customize them to my hearts content. Not so much anymore. I think I liked the phone better with the default settings - and would like to see what an official build/release from Verizon would have brought. I did speak with another Tech Support rep, and he confirmed a firmware update *is* on the way. Wonderful.

Guest Omega Ra
Would I be able to do this over Bluetooth? I lost the USB wire.

NO, the phone actually has to be powered off plugged in then turned back on...so no bluetooth

Guest iflyfisher

Spent a little time this evening to drop the ROM on my Omnia. No glitches...process went smooth...and I have GPS!!!

Thank you and good night!!

Ken

Guest ciscokidinsf

How long does it take? I am doing my re-flash right now, the Omnia uploader detects my phone OK, stuck on Downloading EBOOT for the last TEN minutes (no other error messages) I do have the correct USB drivers and phone turned off before detection. Hmmm. I'm worried.

Edited by ciscokidinsf

Guest aleis
How long does it take? I am doing my re-flash right now, the Omnia uploader detects my phone OK, stuck on Downloading EBOOT for the last TEN minutes (no other error messages) I do have the correct USB drivers and phone turned off before detection. Hmmm. I'm worried.

should take about 5-7mins...

maybe 10 :excl:

Guest ciscokidinsf

OK, so I was using a Mac Running Paralells. Obviously the USB works different in a virtual machine. I switched to a regular windows laptop and the update ran like a charm. I also decided to go with woZZers' cooked rom. I am restoring the phone from an SPB Backup as I speak. Wish me luck.

Guest bga7x

I was Wondering if using VMware I have Vista host using XP as a guest what do you guys think for using this as a work around my Vista issue.

Guest southbank
yeah did that too!!!

Did that and it still cant find my phone!!!! I give up I think until tomorrow!!

You must turn your phone off before you make the USB connection. If you turn the phone off after connecting the USB cable, you will get your symptoms.

Hope that helps!

Overall the ROM is great though I am getting a couple of lockups each day running just basic applications.

Come on 5/5/09. :excl:

Guest theidoctor.org
You must turn your phone off before you make the USB connection. If you turn the phone off after connecting the USB cable, you will get your symptoms.

Hope that helps!

Overall the ROM is great though I am getting a couple of lockups each day running just basic applications.

Come on 5/5/09. :excl:

whats 5/5/9?

Guest theidoctor.org
I followed the psd to a T. It was off before i made the connection!

use the directions at http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html maybe your missing something, if it doesnt work by those directions then its user error... that means hard reset your phone again, go to a different windows computer, and start from scratch...

there are at least a hundred people who have done it by those directions without a problem.... and you happen to be one of the few unlucky ones. It should work if you changed a few things around and started over...

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest ChillyCat
go to a different windows computer, and start from scratch...

there are at least a hundred people

Since EVERYONE'S got puters laying around......you'd think he'd have the smarts to try it on any box....other than the one he's using

Hundred ?? I'd say 1,000's

bga7x, if you're anxious enough to get one working ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Samsung-i910-GPS-WORKS...3A2%7C294%3A200

Guest theidoctor.org
Hundred ?? I'd say 1,000's

haha... yea i was just trying to be safe in my guess... i have had a boost in visitors to my site by putting the tutorial on there.... hmmm

Guest bga7x
Since EVERYONE'S got puters laying around......you'd think he'd have the smarts to try it on any box....other than the one he's using

True that if i had another system with Xp it would be done already! I consider my self pretty savvy with this kind of stuff, but im stumped! Im about to try it usind VMware wish me luck lol

Guest theidoctor.org
True that if i had another system with Xp it would be done already! I consider my self pretty savvy with this kind of stuff, but im stumped! Im about to try it usind VMware wish me luck lol

good luck lol

Guest ChillyCat
good luck

Yup........and he's gonna need it [by the way he's going about such a no brainer]

I've now done done 8 Omnias

2-laptop w/XP

4-desktop Win7 build 7000

2-desktop Vista

Ebays sale gonna git me enuff scratch to buy the HD [which i'm promised to be in my hands no later than May 15th]

There's a torrent available with everything needed to flash with this rom: http://www.mininova.org/tor/2505559

I downloaded via torrent and it worked great.

+1 for successful flash. One thing is that if I use the GPS it sometimes wont work after that. Just have to soft reset to get it to work again. Everything else is perfect.

Guest bga7x
Yup........and he's gonna need it [by the way he's going about such a no brainer]

you did it on Vista Machine?? well I must be an idiot!!!!

Guest missing2

I've been reading this thread for a while now. I really want GPS working but i see a lot of people are having problems with this rom. It seems like some problems have fixes but overall is it worth it?

Guest F16wannabe

Well I tried everything suggested on my Omnia, flash went smooth, no problems, but I can't use the GPS, it wont aquire any satellites. Did the locate option in the phone setting, and still nothing. I've tried Google Maps and windows live search and still haven't gotten a satellite signal. Everything else is supurb, just wish I could use the GPS since I travel quite a bit.

Guest bga7x
Well I tried everything suggested on my Omnia, flash went smooth, no problems, but I can't use the GPS, it wont aquire any satellites. Did the locate option in the phone setting, and still nothing. I've tried Google Maps and windows live search and still haven't gotten a satellite signal. Everything else is supurb, just wish I could use the GPS since I travel quite a bit.

i had that issue too. just change your gps settings to com8 57600 (i think thats it) then soft reset your phone after i did that im getting between 3 to 8 sats. everytime! hope that works!