New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest TRB01

LOL I was going to upload to Megaupload, but the first 3 seconds in uploaded the entire thing, and for the next 30m it kept saying verification process. But my upload has been maxed for the entire process. Not sure whats going on at this point. Id say its not uploading correctly though.

Edited by TRB01

Guest theidoctor.org

Done uploading a rar file to rapidshare... im not sure how long it will be up but it should work for a little faster downloading.

there are officially 2 links on my site now, one for rapidshare and the other for isohunt (of course there are more in other similar sites floating around).

http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html the links are on the right and the first link will be the one for RS

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest Steel Froggy

Okay I've been sick of this torrent crap..

Finally downloaded after a few days..

It's uploading to rapidshare now. I'm on a premium so the link won't expire.

Hour left of upload time though. :\

So this is my first time flashing a phone or doing anything like that.

Gahh wish me luck. I hope to badword I don't brick my phone, this is all way too badword confusing and too much all at once. x_X

Guest TRB01
Okay I've been sick of this torrent crap..

Finally downloaded after a few days..

It's uploading to rapidshare now. I'm on a premium so the link won't expire.

Hour left of upload time though. :\

So this is my first time flashing a phone or doing anything like that.

Gahh wish me luck. I hope to badword I don't brick my phone, this is all way too badword confusing and too much all at once. x_X

Damn, bad luck I guess. You must have gotten on a different torrent. The one on theidoctor's site finished in around 10 minutes for me.

Guest Coxy1214

So I just finished getting the new unofficial ROM on my Omnia and am ecstatic to have finally unlocked its GPS. Now, my last question. What GPS program is ideal for this or preferably, how do I get this working with GoogleMaps? I opened GoogleMaps and didn't get any error messages but it won't find any satellites. Help please?

Guest Nomad76
So I just finished getting the new unofficial ROM on my Omnia and am ecstatic to have finally unlocked its GPS. Now, my last question. What GPS program is ideal for this or preferably, how do I get this working with GoogleMaps? I opened GoogleMaps and didn't get any error messages but it won't find any satellites. Help please?

1. Turn Locations on: Goto settings/personal/phone/services - select gps, then change settings, then location on.

2. Setup Location settings on Google Maps: Goto Google Maps/Menu/Options/GPS Settings - Switch to "Set Manually". Then select COM8 and 56000 in the two boxes.

3. No Turn on the GPS: Goto Google Maps/Menu - Select Use GPS

4. Get a satellite lock. Go to a clear open area and wait for a lock. I think you need at least 4. I get from 5 to 6 mostly. If you dont get it the first time, just move and try it again. I used this for a vegas trip already. Works great.

Edited by Nomad76

Guest Draconius

Are we still to do what is in the first post to flash our phone? I think I am going to take the plunge and upgrade the ROM and add WM6.5.

Guest theidoctor.org
Are we still to do what is in the first post to flash our phone? I think I am going to take the plunge and upgrade the ROM and add WM6.5.

yes... and dont change anything after the first flash... just do that and then continue with the other directions

Guest TheJanitor

I'm pretty sure there isn't one, but does anyone have a copy of the original ROM? I was having some problems with my touch screen and wanted to take it into Verizon, but I figure there might be a problem if the leaked one is installed.

Guest plecosword

I am pretty convinced to install this ROM, since there is no news of any upcoming updates, but will the official ROM work even with this one? What about WM 6.5?

I don't have a old phone to go to, it doesn't get signal.

Guest Draconius

From another thread:

I called Verizon about the availability of the firmware upgrade today. I asked if they already had it or when it would become available. I was told that Verizon made the decision they would no longer support upgrading firmware on any PDA/Smartphone devices since this meant wiping the phones memory and any user installed apps. The rep told me they had run into too many issues with users wanted them to reinstall the apps and they could not afford to offer this service.

I was told that if I wanted to upgrade I would have to get the firmware upgrade directly from Samsung and do it myself. Got online immediately and send a message stating the same to Samsung support. Waiting to hear back....

Looks like I will be doing the flash. I was waiting to have Verizon do it, but not now.

Edited by Draconius

Guest Tim-H
From another thread:

Looks like I will be doing the flash. I was waiting to have Verizon do it, but not now.

They make a good point though. There would be so many people complaining about losing their apps, ringtones, pictures, etc. I think they made the right decision on that, at least they did say(if it is released) we could get it from samsung and do it ourselves.

Guest Omnia_fun

Well i just couldn't be happier! Completely safe install from Windows 7 RC. reloaded spb power shell and synced my contacts back and google maps took about 3 minutes to sync up with sats. The touchscreen and keyboard seem more accurate. I hope the battery life is better as others have reported.

Guest volleygod

So i finally took the plunge and flashed mt ROM. I don't think we will see an update for the Omnia.

Anyway, everything went great. I install Google and no sats. I turn the location on and set the com to 8 w/baud @57600. I also tried with windows managing. Google starts our with init gps then i get seeking sats (769837426) then after 15 seconds or so it switches over to (0). The other number changes everytime but always has 9 digits.

Yes, i have sat outside for 30+ min waiting for 1 sat. I tried another program to view sats, and none in view or tracking.

Any ideas? Did i miss a step?

Guest jpenman

Has anyone had any trouble signing on to the internet after flashing their phone with the new ROM? i tried to log on and i can't it says my username or password is wrong even though it's right.

Guest ekotasek

Been watching this thread for a while. Like others, I was bummed out when no "official" ROM showed up on 5/11. Soooo....

Flashed my phone last night:

GPS in Google Maps - check

GPS in Live Search - check

I dumped a HTC Tilt for this device, not because I disliked the Tilt, but because AT&T p*ssed me off. Unfortunately, I was equally as p*ssed at Verizon because of this GPS issue.

You all fixed that and it's greatly appreciated. GREAT job to all involved...

Guest ekotasek
Has anyone had any trouble signing on to the internet after flashing their phone with the new ROM? i tried to log on and i can't it says my username or password is wrong even though it's right.

Are you still USB tethered to your PC? If so, disconnect. There shouldn't be any username or password prompt...that I'm aware of...

Guest Draconius

PDF in first post says 1.7 but the file I downloaded is 2.3.

Are they the same?

Also, where is PDA microsoft active sync 4.5 (is it a downloadable program?) and USB device driver?

Guest Ron31

I downloaded the unified.img file? (i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img)

It won't open. What do I need to open it? I have a rar file converter. Very confused!!!

Guest jpenman
Are you still USB tethered to your PC? If so, disconnect. There shouldn't be any username or password prompt...that I'm aware of...

No im not...i did it about a week ago and i havent been able to log on. I called tech support and they said its a problem with the device and i got the device used but i wasnt sure if it was this new ROM that caused the problem of me not being able to log on or if the previous owner did something.

Guest theidoctor.org
I downloaded the unified.img file? (i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img)

It won't open. What do I need to open it? I have a rar file converter. Very confused!!!

if the extension is .rar then you should be able to with your rar file converter or a program like winrar...

if it says i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img, then that is the image file and you dont need to open it except with the UMDL when the directions say

Guest theidoctor.org
PDF in first post says 1.7 but the file I downloaded is 2.3.

Are they the same?

Also, where is PDA microsoft active sync 4.5 (is it a downloadable program?) and USB device driver?

the UMDL version does not matter... just follow my directions on http://www.theidoctor.org/omnia.html

active sync can be installed from microsoft if you have xp... google it...

if you have vista or windows 7, then you need the windows mobile device center or something like that... google that as well