New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest Winglessflight97

The only i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img file i could download is 155Mb. Is this the right one? If not, where can i find the proper one before i do the flash? Everyone talks about it, but nobody sources it. Thank you in advance!!

Guest blazingwolf
The only i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img file i could download is 155Mb. Is this the right one? If not, where can i find the proper one before i do the flash? Everyone talks about it, but nobody sources it. Thank you in advance!!

You have not looked very hard. There are 3 or 4 links on page 52.

The img file is 151 MB when unpacked and 102 MB when zipped.

Guest usaf_gunner
I downloaded the unified.img file? (i910WM6.1.REV10.CC20.VZW.img)

It won't open. What do I need to open it? I have a rar file converter. Very confused!!!

I just downloaded and installed yesterday, I thought the same thing because it showed as a rar but wouldnt unpack. I just opened up the installer and clicked the unified file button and it asked me were to find it I selected that file and it installed. You will know if it takes before you do anything with the phone so try that.

1st post but I have been lurking for a while and doing my research before I installed this rom. The instructions were straight forward and it flashed without a hitch on the first try. Set the GPS location to on and did a soft reset called *228 and programming went smoothly, downloaded google maps again and had a sat fix in under a minute. Wish I would have done it months ago but was holding my breath hoping that the 11 May rumor would pan out but this rom is pretty flawless from what I can tell. I reinstalled SPB MS3 and had no problems there either...thumbs up to all who have worked so hard to get this out and keep it available for download. I have only done one other ROM upgrade and that was on my 6800 so I would say if I can do this anyone can, just follow the instructions and dont get in a hurry to get it done and the install should go smoothly. To be honest I could care less if Verizon releases the "official" version of this. Thanks again everyone who put the time and research into this and risking their own devices to ensure the rom was legit!!

Guest plecosword

Its not working! WTF!!! The Phone just boots normally. Im running vista, I tried runing the program in compatibility with windows xp. Also, I do not know whaits talking about when it says "STEP 1: Make sure that the active sync connections on your computer is set so to *DO NOT ALLOW USB CONNECTIONS." -- could that be it?

http://theidoctor.org/omnia.html

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

Guest Winglessflight97
You have not looked very hard. There are 3 or 4 links on page 52.

The img file is 151 MB when unpacked and 102 MB when zipped.

That's actually the only one i could find... And believe me, I searched, but they're all torrents of various sizes. It takes my connection an hour to download the file. That's why i was verifying the size to make sure it's the right one. But thanks anyway.

Edited by Winglessflight97

Guest blazingwolf
That's actually the only one i could find... And believe me, I searched, but they're all torrents of various sizes. It takes my connection an hour to download the file. That's why i was verifying the size to make sure it's the right one. But thanks anyway.

There is at least one Rapidshare and one sendspace download link on the page I mentioned. I know I looked. :D

http://rapidshare.com/files/231560066/i910...10.CC20.VZW.img

http://www.sendspace.com/file/r9nxnz

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest plecosword

You guys! Im pulling my hair off, I tried it on 3 different computers, 2 with vista, one with windows 7 rc. I installed windows mobile device center on the other 2, and followed step one to not allow usb connections. Whats going on??

post-536995-1242275226_thumb.jpg

Guest 07aspenx
Has anyone had any trouble signing on to the internet after flashing their phone with the new ROM? i tried to log on and i can't it says my username or password is wrong even though it's right.

I had this same issue when I first flashed my rom. Just make sure the username and password box is empty and try connecting again. If that doesn't work try going to the connections and make sure the Broadband is still dialing to #777.

Guest madhtr13

Ok, time for my two sense in all of this. :D

With the no show on the 11th (shockingly), I decided to flash tonight. Have read the directions 100 times so was familar with everything. Set all the usb connections correctly. Opened UMDL 2.3, loaded the .img file. Hit connect and connected my powered off phone. Turned phone on, was detected and started the writing. PDA part went flawlessly. When it went to switch to the phone ROM, it failed. Said does not support DPRAM. I thought I was screwed. Disconnected the phone, pulled the battery and reinserted it. Restarted the UMDL and selected non-DPRAM. Reconnected my phone and it started writing the ROM again. Once again, when it got to the phone ROM it failed. Removed/ reinserted the battery. Restarted phone and went through the set up. Made a call without a problem so all is good. My questions are, does this image file contain an updated phone ROM? If so, why can't I flash to it? I have all of the additions from PDA ROM. Still working on the GPS. Google Maps can't locate sattilites, but I haven't extensively worked on it. I do have location on, and tried both managed by windows and setting COM 8 and 56700. I still have more to read on that, though.

Any ways, apologies for the novel, but I just wanted to put this out there so no one else has to worry that they messed up there phone, it should still work if the phone ROM fails.

Guest madhtr13
Does this look right? Nothing is working. the phone is the same though.

Well, it looks ok if you are just starting UMDL. Then you hit detect, connect your powered off phone and then turn your phone on. Then the program should find your phone and start the downloading ans writing. Make sure your phone usb connection is set to mass storage and your active sync setting has the connect thru usb unchecked. Then you shouldn't have a problem.

Edited by madhtr13

Guest bunghol101

does anyone out there have the original firmware? i found the link that was way back in the thread but the files were removed :D

Guest usaf_gunner
You guys! Im pulling my hair off, I tried it on 3 different computers, 2 with vista, one with windows 7 rc. I installed windows mobile device center on the other 2, and followed step one to not allow usb connections. Whats going on??

Did you go into your settings>connections>usb connections and switch from activ sync to mass storage?

Guest gfarb

I just flashed my phone last night with no problems. Just wondering if It ok to sync with windows moblie now that Im using CC20 Rom.

Guest Tim-H
I just flashed my phone last night with no problems. Just wondering if It ok to sync with windows moblie now that Im using CC20 Rom.

Yeah, you can use it like it just came from Verizon to your hands. You just have more functionality now.

Guest bearhntr
1. Turn Locations on: Goto settings/personal/phone/services - select gps, then change settings, then location on.

2. Setup Location settings on Google Maps: Goto Google Maps/Menu/Options/GPS Settings - Switch to "Set Manually". Then select COM8 and 56000 in the two boxes.

3. No Turn on the GPS: Goto Google Maps/Menu - Select Use GPS

4. Get a satellite lock. Go to a clear open area and wait for a lock. I think you need at least 4. I get from 5 to 6 mostly. If you dont get it the first time, just move and try it again. I used this for a vegas trip already. Works great.

I have been reading this TOPC since it was created. I SOOOO want to try this ROM, but seeing home people have had problems, I am leary. VERIZON was nice enough to replace my phone 2 times due to an incursion with the concrete (long story). I do not want to have to return it again.

I think that I will eventually take the plunge.

I wanted to comment on the GPS issues that everyone seems to be having.

Everyone should realize, and this I learned this directly from SAMSUNG. The OMNIA (both the i900 and the i910) have aGPS, not true GPS. It is called ASSISTED GPS, and it uses cell towers to produce the GPS signals your phone is looking for.

Here is an article that may help understand the differences:

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/gps_vs_a...k_tutorial.html

You can also GOOGLE: aGPS and get a lot more information.

If you alsop search this forum, there are many more articles about the OMNIA and GPS, in fact there are tools out there which will also help look for towers (ie, satellites)

Just my 2¢ :D

*BH*

Guest ekotasek
No im not...i did it about a week ago and i havent been able to log on. I called tech support and they said its a problem with the device and i got the device used but i wasnt sure if it was this new ROM that caused the problem of me not being able to log on or if the previous owner did something.

Not sure if you got connected but I just checked the "My ISP" connection and there is indeed a user ID and password. Sorry for the misinformation...

The user ID is "your 10-digit phone#@vzw3g.com". The password is masked however it could be the same as the user ID only without the ".com" at the end.

Maybe try that...

Guest plecosword
Does this look right? Nothing is working. the phone is the same though.

Well, it looks ok if you are just starting UMDL. Then you hit detect, connect your powered off phone and then turn your phone on. Then the program should find your phone and start the downloading ans writing. Make sure your phone usb connection is set to mass storage and your active sync setting has the connect thru usb unchecked. Then you shouldn't have a problem.

Yeah I set it to mass storage...

I keep getting this error:

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

Guest plecosword

yeah so I give up. My phone just gave a notification that the battery was disconnected. Unless you guys have ideas... Its too bad, I really want GPS!