New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest theidoctor.org
Blazing Wolf et al,

I am so F***ing frustrated with VERIZON right now over this whole 'official' ROM from them which was stated to be released MAY 11 to unlock the GPS features of the i910, I could scream.

Verizon did not schedule the rom to be out May 11... its just a RUMOR....

flashing the phone is not hard at all, especially if you follow the directions. i have bricked my phone 1 time out of 5 flashes with just the omnia.... and successful every time with my current phone.... if you want the gps, that is the only way to get it now.... im sure they will release an update eventually.

Edited by theidoctor.org

Guest necosino
Verizon did not schedule the rom to be out May 11... its just a RUMOR....

flashing the phone is not hard at all, especially if you follow the directions. i have bricked my phone 1 time out of 5 flashes with just the omnia.... and successful every time with my current phone.... if you want the gps, that is the only way to get it now.... im sure they will release an update eventually.

And by the eventually we mean: When verizon considers the Omnia obsolete, but by that time, they will turn to the excuse that, due to the age of the phone, they don't feel its worth devoting the resources to support it anymore, and will not release an update at all!

I'll take wagers, because I'm willing to put money down on this theory <_<

Guest theidoctor.org
And by the eventually we mean: When verizon considers the Omnia obsolete, but by that time, they will turn to the excuse that, due to the age of the phone, they don't feel its worth devoting the resources to support it anymore, and will not release an update at all!

I'll take wagers, because I'm willing to put money down on this theory :)

<_< probably.

Guest industrialistic

I'll take wagers, because I'm willing to put money down on this theory <_<

I work for BIG RED so unfortunately I'd have to agree. Verizon probably won't release the update. I see the samsung rep all the time, and he is starting to avoid me and all of my questions. For a while he was saying the update was in the works but now he is avoiding the subject, stating he is unsure now. I think that most of the roms on this forum are safe enough to flash. Most of the techs in the store would never know the difference so theyd still warranty it if needed. Plus if it crashes then theres no evidence of unapproved roms anyways. My favorite part about the whole situation is that I have people from all over the state who email, and call from other stores just to talk to me about the phone because for the most part they are clueless. I'd safely bet 85% of all omnias exchanged as "Defective" just had some settings changed. In 6 months Ive only swapped 2 out and all the rest was a huge learning seminar on what not to do with an omnia. So anyhow, like I said flash all the roms you'd like just remember 3 things always back up your info, don't get mad when we say we have to order your replacement, and most importantly.... Play Dumb! Do not say you flashed your phone or installed any 3rd party software even though that is what most of us bought it for.

Guest christopher2787

The update has been working just great for me with the exception of a few glitches. Anyone notice the keyboard update blocking the bottom menu in Opera? Is there a way to fix this? Also, twice when running the GPS through a program called SportyPal, I get the message that the SD device driver is not found and that I need to power cycle the phone. This fixes it but it is extremely annoying! Thanks for the suggestion about the GPS test program as it allows me to quick have Google Maps establish a link.

Guest dragoncrouch

I have tried to flash my i910 to the cc20 rom however when I did so the phone bricked haha. I have the new one now and would like to try and flash again. I followed all the instructions from Idoctor.com for the update. The only thing that I changed was the profile from SCH-i910 || (WM6.1)[DPRAM] to SCH-i910 || (WM6.1). I don't know if it mattered or not so I chose the one without the [DPRAM]. Perhaps this is what caused my phone to brick. The original phone updated and the udml turned blue. However the phone just went black and never turned on again :'(. Heh at least verizon replaced it free of charge.

Anyone know if changing profiles matters?

*Edit: I am using usb 1.0 perhaps that is what is made it brick..

Edited by dragoncrouch

Guest biff6789

I need some help here fellas. Not with the flashing part, but with the fact that I just can't seem to muster up the stones to do this flash.

I talked myself into doing the flash a few days ago when I arrived at the following school of though: Either a) Verizon will eventually release an official update, meaning that I can ultimately flash to their official ROM if something goes wrong with this flash, or b ) Verizon WILL NOT release the update in which case I would rather just flash to this ROM (CC20) to unlock the GPS anyway...

So after deciding to do the flash I read through all 61 pages of this thread to learn about it (*whew*). But I still can't get past a handful of bugs that people have been reporting here:

1) No official word if WMWifiRouter/ICS work with this ROM

2) No official word if FingerKeyboard works with this ROM

3) Users are reporting mixed results with SPB mobile shell 3 (one user reported that this ROM constantly caused SPB to lock up)

4) Users reporting slow-downs, lock-ups, spinning wheels, and reset-requiring freezes

5) User reporting multiple problems with SMS (which is key for me seeing as I text all the time)

6) Users reporting that Opera (my favorite browser evah!) has issues with crashing or not responding from time to time

Help me out here... In your guys' opinion, is it really worth taking on all of these bugs and unknowns, and risking a 5-10% chance of bricking the phone, just to unlock a crappy GPS chip that takes (in many cases) several minutes to lock on and that constantly gets reports of dropping signals when driving?

Somebody please talk me through this

*PS: Mad props to Wozzer, Adrynalyne, iDoctor, blazingwolf, Omega Ra, and necosino for all the time you guys have put into this thread. I've learned a ton from all of you

Edited by biff6789

Guest blazingwolf
I need some help here fellas. Not with the flashing part, but with the fact that I just can't seem to muster up the stones to do this flash.

I talked myself into doing the flash a few days ago when I arrived at the following school of though: Either a) Verizon will eventually release an official update, meaning that I can ultimately flash to their official ROM if something goes wrong with this flash, or b ) Verizon WILL NOT release the update in which case I would rather just flash to this ROM (CC20) to unlock the GPS anyway...

So after deciding to do the flash I read through all 61 pages of this thread to learn about it (*whew*). But I still can't get past a handful of bugs that people have been reporting here:

1) No official word if WMWifiRouter/ICS work with this ROM

2) No official word if FingerKeyboard works with this ROM

3) Users are reporting mixed results with SPB mobile shell 3 (one user reported that this ROM constantly caused SPB to lock up)

4) Users reporting slow-downs, lock-ups, spinning wheels, and reset-requiring freezes

5) User reporting multiple problems with SMS (which is key for me seeing as I text all the time)

6) Users reporting that Opera (my favorite browser evah!) has issues with crashing or not responding from time to time

Help me out here... In your guys' opinion, is it really worth taking on all of these bugs and unknowns, and risking a 5-10% chance of bricking the phone, just to unlock a crappy GPS chip that takes (in many cases) several minutes to lock on and that constantly gets reports of dropping signals when driving?

Somebody please talk me through this

*PS: Mad props to Wozzer, Adrynalyne, iDoctor, blazingwolf, Omega Ra, and necosino for all the time you guys have put into this thread. I've learned a ton from all of you

1. There is official word that WMWiFiRouter/ICS works. Lotss of people have it running with no issues.

2. This works too.

3. I cooked MS3 in to one of my ROMs so I'm pretty sure it works. <_<

4. Could happen to any one and is most likely related to software installed by them and not the phone itself.

5. I have never had an issue with SMS. There was a lot of complaints of the time stamp being of but that is usually due to a time error on the computer they sync with.

6. Never had lock up issues with Opera.

7. If you brick your phone get another one (I mean another Omnia). :)

8. Yes the GPS can take awhile for the first lock sometimes up to 20 minutes. After that it is usually faster.

Guest biff6789
1. There is official word that WMWiFiRouter/ICS works. Lotss of people have it running with no issues.

2. This works too.

3. I cooked MS3 in to one of my ROMs so I'm pretty sure it works. <_<

4. Could happen to any one and is most likely related to software installed by them and not the phone itself.

5. I have never had an issue with SMS. There was a lot of complaints of the time stamp being of but that is usually due to a time error on the computer they sync with.

6. Never had lock up issues with Opera.

7. If you brick your phone get another one (I mean another Omnia). :)

8. Yes the GPS can take awhile for the first lock sometimes up to 20 minutes. After that it is usually faster.

Ok Wolf, I think you finally pushed me over the edge B) Which of your many fabulous roms has SPB MS3 hard-wired in? Also, if I use one of your cooked ROMs after flashing the original CC20, can I go back to just plain old CC20 again?

Thanks for the immediate reply, btw

Guest blazingwolf
Ok Wolf, I think you finally pushed me over the edge <_< Which of your many fabulous roms has SPB MS3 hard-wired in? Also, if I use one of your cooked ROMs after flashing the original CC20, can I go back to just plain old CC20 again?

Thanks for the immediate reply, btw

One of my older 6.1 ROMs. It can be found here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...by-blazingwolf/

This has version 3 in it. The ROM I started to make with version 3.01 in it went belly up. I will try to get back to it but I have been very busy with 6.5.

Guest biff6789

+1 For another successful flash. Thanks to blazingwolf for giving me the push a few posts ago to make the dive. I was so nervous when doing to flash my hands were literally shaking. I was convinced I would brick the thing. But all went smooth. I can't believe I originally didn't want to do this. What was I thinking?! <_< Google maps downloaded nice and easy and, after doing the COM 8 57600 BAUD setting, 7 sats picked me up within 30 seconds and were showing my exact location to within 5 feet! Take that Verizon! While it's perfectly legal for you guys to lock out the GPS, it's totally immoral and you know it. It would be like me buying a Dell laptop and then Dell charging me 10 bucks a month to use my DVD burner. Shady

Guest wraithiin
OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest <_< .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

can someone re upload the ROM? it's been deleleted

Guest odessit2000
I work for BIG RED so unfortunately I'd have to agree. Verizon probably won't release the update. I see the samsung rep all the time, and he is starting to avoid me and all of my questions. For a while he was saying the update was in the works but now he is avoiding the subject, stating he is unsure now. I think that most of the roms on this forum are safe enough to flash. Most of the techs in the store would never know the difference so theyd still warranty it if needed. Plus if it crashes then theres no evidence of unapproved roms anyways. My favorite part about the whole situation is that I have people from all over the state who email, and call from other stores just to talk to me about the phone because for the most part they are clueless. I'd safely bet 85% of all omnias exchanged as "Defective" just had some settings changed. In 6 months Ive only swapped 2 out and all the rest was a huge learning seminar on what not to do with an omnia. So anyhow, like I said flash all the roms you'd like just remember 3 things always back up your info, don't get mad when we say we have to order your replacement, and most importantly.... Play Dumb! Do not say you flashed your phone or installed any 3rd party software even though that is what most of us bought it for.

i'm wondering what Verizon Tech will say if i will bring phone back with 6.5 ROM on it <_< and will Play Dumb!

Guest ggordon87

Just bricked my phone. DPRAM error at the end. Went to Verizon and had them swap it out for free though. Any insights as to what went wrong?

Guest ajb713

Awesome Update!

Everyone With an Omnia Should Do This!

Thanks Guys

Anywhere we can get good freeware?

and Accelerometer apps?

And Free Widgets?

is there a way to make a quicker button to text messages? like a widget?

Guest ResaJo
OK, so for those of you who have been following the 910 GPS thread know that, thanks to Azintegra, we have a new ROM for the i910. GPS still isn't working as of this post, but there are a few other updates that have piqued my interest :D .

I am wondering if anyone has had a sucessful, as in no issues with functionality, install of this new ROM?

*EDIT* This has worked fine for me and for some other members.

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! AFTER DOING THIS, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REVERT TO THE ORIGINAL UNLESS YOU HAVE A ROM TO FLASH BACK TO IF THEN. YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE! PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDE EXACTLY! IF IT IS NOT CHECKED IN THE SCREEN CAP, DO NOT CHECK IT ON YOUR COMPUTER. USERS ARE REPORTING THAT SELECTING INITIALIZE PHONE OR UPDATE BOOTLOADER MAY CAUSE THE PHONE CONNECTION AND DATA TO STOP WORKING. THIS IS FOR THE I910 ONLY!

Alignment___Adjustment.pdf

UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3.rar

Megaupload link for new Firmware

Hey BamDastard,Just to let you know that your "MEGAUPLOAD" Link has been terminated because it

"Violates the Terms of the Usage Agreement". Haha, that is to say, they are scared of Verizon?? lol

Guest DamianDouglas

I'm sorry for this. I am a newbie but am very excited about all of the great ideas you have. The problem is I can't seem to find the links to download the new roms. I have searched many pages but I can't find them. I would apprciate some help. Thank you.

Guest champaned_out

mark one for another successful flash.... followed the directions just like it said and i was able to lock down 4 sats. near my apt window after the flash... was thinking about doing this for over a month, but didnt have the balls to do it til last night... now im looking back and thinking why i didnt do it sooner

and just to confirm.. SPB Mobile Shell 3.0 work perfectly fine as well as all the other SPB products on the cc20 rom

just had one question... alittle off topic but is there a app or a rom out yet for the latest compatible mobile flash player?

thanks in advanced

Guest klosterdev

The GPS works, yay!

Too bad google maps doesn't talk you through directions (ie sound) like a normal GPS tracking dealie. I also need something to mount this on the dashboard.

A bug I noticed: Sometimes when I'm entering text in a text box in Opera, it replaces spaces with a period. Like "today rules" becomes "toda.yrules"

Edited by klosterdev

Guest ewatson660

ok so this is my first post here.. i am thinking of going back to the omnia i910 for verizon... i own the storm as we speek.. i do alot of os upgrades on my storm and was wondring how hard it is to install 6.5 on the omnia.. any help would be great!