New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest treo2i910

Just completed my FLASH!!! And I believe it's working fine! I just can't get my Active Sync to work again. Any suggestions on reestablishing my ActiveSync connnection?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Rick H

*PROBLEM* - I start the install, and when my phone restarts the upload program on the PC doesn't see it as restarted - it never uploads.

I've tried this a number of different ways. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

Guest mstnggt500kr
*PROBLEM* - I start the install, and when my phone restarts the upload program on the PC doesn't see it as restarted - it never uploads.

I've tried this a number of different ways. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Rick

I had the same problem. Just restart again, and it'll kick in.

Guest ekstelis

Like on the iPhone, when you tap a letter on the keyboard, the letter you are touching pops up above the key to show which you are on. It doesn't add to your typed string until you let go.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

if you want this feature, the new resco keyboard pro v5.23 does it... im using the 'modern_black' skin... v5.23 ... if you do your home work you can find a serial for it... or just get a old version of it and upgrade to the new build...

Guest gsh0509

Thanks to all for keeping this forum going, I've been a "lurker" for a while. Mostly hoping that they'd release a new ROM and I wouldn't have to risk bricking my phone.

I loaded the new ROM with no problems and Google Maps now works- but even with 4 or 5 satellites the accuracy displayed is at best within 20-30 yds. Is that typical? or do I need to adjust a setting to improve?

Also, on a side note would those changed settings (I'm assuming COM ports and baud rates) be the same for any application trying to use the internal GPS chip?

and does the OMNIA gps out put in NMEA format?

Finally- FYI I have had some interesting blips since installing the new ROM, one of which is sometimes the ringer doesn't ring (kind of annoying for a phone!)

Greg

Edited by gsh0509

Guest mbey22

what program do you open the UMDL with because my computer is trying to open it with internet explorer and it wont open and ive been trying for the past two dayssssssssss :D help pleasee

Guest blazingwolf
what program do you open the UMDL with because my computer is trying to open it with internet explorer and it wont open and ive been trying for the past two dayssssssssss :D help pleasee

UMDL is an exe. It opens itself. Is it compressed in a zip file that you need to uncompress?

i been running the cf03 for a day and i am not impressed. i keep getting crashes and the top of the screen just says "were sorry".

i had more stability with some of the cooked roms and even beta ones than i did with this one. im still gona run it at least for a few more hours and play around, but i see myself going back to blazingwolfs rom. im definitely a fan of that one

Guest jlc0005

I've been using the new CF03 rom for several weeks now and it works great for me. GPS is functional, though a bit slow for the first lock. Only now I'm tempted to load a custom ROM because the screen shots look so cool with WM6.5.

Guest durkinz
Try to run it on Windows XP instead of Vista (Vista doesn't work on mine either) but XP does :D

help on the umdl-2.3 software i keep getting after i turn on my phone window pop up say WINusb_Initialize

i kept getting this problem too, so i went ahead and tried the usb driver you can download on page 1, even though my phone and vista worked fine with the automatically installed drivers, and immediately after i restarted my computer i tried it again and it worked perfect....try that if you havent already and it works with vista flawlessly it took me 20 minutes after first seeing the link for this update today to having my phone flashed with no problems, just follow the directions, and also btw...i didnt have to do anything with ActiveSync on my pc...i only changed the usb connection to mass storage on my i910 and worked fine....

Guest durkinz

try redownloading it.... its a .exe file which is self executable, it should not ask for a program to open it up with....download it from this website not that other one it worked for me...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest aSiriusThoth

I installed the official Samsung ROM yesterday, and the only thing that wasn't working correctly with ActiveSync. After a few minutes tinkering around, it appears I was able to find the problem.

Go to Setting, Connections, USB Connection Mode... and verify that ActiveSync is setup.

Then go to USB to PC and disable the advanced network functionality.

A quick restart of the Omnia may be required. Once it's back... connect to USB and wait for ActiveSync. Sometimes it still will not automatically detect it, so I have to manually try to connect it. Which it fails through ActiveSync... but I wait 5 seconds.... and the USB detection on the phone kicks in, verifies the USB... then ActiveSync connects. Odd...

GPS is definitely working... I get betwen 4 - 7 GPS satellites, and works within 20 meters. The GPS also works great with the Marathon App. You are able to run/walk laps, and it will tell you how long you have walked/ran, and how many feet... or miles.

Edited by aSiriusThoth

Guest nmayer79

Updated last week and gps works great on google but NOT on windows live?? what gives. Also anyone else thinking this verizon rom is buggy? Thought thats what took so long for it to get released, but the word completion on tx9 doesnt work like it should and every time i hit reply to a text the qwerty pops up (set on phonepad) then goes away, i then have to hit the 'button' for the letters to come back up, which is the qwerty again, until i hit a letter and it automatically switches to the phonepad?

• 5 weeks later...
Guest superbm1

Ok I am not completely tech stupid, but I have downloaded the cfo3 for vista off ars samsung from the link provided on this page. When I run it, right after the verizon license agreement a window pops up and says I dont have WMDC installed. But I do have it installed. No matter what I try I keep getting the same error. Can anyone help me?

Guest necosino
Ok I am not completely tech stupid, but I have downloaded the cfo3 for vista off ars samsung from the link provided on this page. When I run it, right after the verizon license agreement a window pops up and says I dont have WMDC installed. But I do have it installed. No matter what I try I keep getting the same error. Can anyone help me?

Try method 2 in my post here.

• 3 months later...
OK, just finished on my phone. Working fine! Don't see a speed increase. Weatherbug widget and MS Live are good additions as well as the pop ups on the keyboard. I didn't need to download anything additional, just ROM, UMDL and the guide. I am updating top post so all of these are together.

Let me know your got after do this,

your phone working with fresh ROM or just update it? :D

How about VZW carrier locked?? did this way to unlock too?? ;)

Let me know your got after do this,

your phone working with fresh ROM or just update it? :D

How about VZW carrier locked?? did this way to unlock too?? ;)

I maybe speaking out of turn...

But I believe you may want a newer up to date rom..

:( :D

I maybe speaking out of turn...

But I believe you may want a newer up to date rom..

:D :(

hmmm, I need to try this first. just want to see, what will gonna be happen to my I910. ;)

if it success, I'll waiting for new fresh ROM :D

hmmm, I need to try this first. just want to see, what will gonna be happen to my I910. ;)

if it success, I'll waiting for new fresh ROM :D

sure thing...

check out Storm's basic rom next ,add what you want.

Warning.... this is how it all begins (flashaholic) :D :(

:D B)

• 1 month later...
Guest Dacari13
sure thing...

check out Storm's basic rom next ,add what you want.

Warning.... this is how it all begins (flashaholic) :) ;)

:P ;)

Can someone help me flash my phone? I want to use the GPS without being tied to VERIZON network.

Thanks