New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest whiplash000

Turns out my problem was a fluke. I managed to flash it again successfully and the new rom works fine. As for the other guy whose phone is a brick, if you have one of verizon's insurance plans you could chuck the phone at the nearest hard object and take it in... :excl:

Guest Adrynalyne
This is the error I get, maybe someone can tell me what this means.

AdvancedConfig.exe

TypeLoadException

File or assembly name

'System.Windows.Forms,

Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral,

PublicKey Token=969DB8053D3322AC',

or one of its dependencies, was not

found.

Install .net 3.5.

Guest johnny2678
Dammit this is frustrating...I keep getting stuck @ 15%. The highest i got was 48%. Im following the pdf to a T.

Samsung latest drivers and Active sync 4.5 installed. Running xp. I always have problems when its time to flash :excl: .

Does anyone know a solution?

I wanted this GPS fix more than anyone!

The scroll bar went through several times for me before it got stuck on 73% ( the step was something like writing a block/erasing a block?)

I just tried to flash again with the power connected via the splitter the phone shipped with connected, but UMDL didn't recognize it. I suppose I'll try again. Anyone else seen this and get past it?

Guest Omega Ra
Full number version of..?

.net?

yes...in the Registry mine is 3.5.7283.00 I have that set to 1 and 2.0.7045.00 set to 0..but it says it needs a newer version now...

Edited by Omega Ra

Guest Adrynalyne

Those are the right versions. However, set the 2 version to 1, and the 3.5 version to zero, and soft reset. Sometimes programs freak out with that hack.

Guest Omega Ra
yes...in the Registry mine is 3.5.7283.00 I have that set to 1 and 2.0.7045.00 set to 0..but it says it needs a newer version now...

and now...after I do the remove from my PC, I try ti install again...and I get an Error on my Phone saying that the >NET compact Framework version I am attempting to install already exists in ROM.

Guest Omega Ra
Those are the right versions. However, set the 2 version to 1, and the 3.5 version to zero, and soft reset. Sometimes programs freak out with that hack.

Oddly enough, it worked fine before the flash lol

Guest Adrynalyne
and now...after I do the remove from my PC, I try ti install again...and I get an Error on my Phone saying that the >NET compact Framework version I am attempting to install already exists in ROM.

You uninstalled 3.5?

Tsk. I just wanted you to undo that reghack.

Guest somedude

*sigh* i guess ill be taking my phone to verizon tomorrow and playing the dumb role:

"It worked fine yesterday, and now it wont even turn on. I have no idea what happened!"

Guest whiplash000

SRS WOW HD works!!!

Go to this thread: http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...for-omnia-i900/

Download the two attatchments

Install R2VS first, then SRS WOW HD, then soft reset

The improvement is HUGE when playing music and wearing headphones

Don't forget to configure the power screen like it shows in the screenshot and remember to "Don't suspend power" and "Blank screen only" in S2U2, if you have it

Guest avluis
*sigh* i guess ill be taking my phone to verizon tomorrow and playing the dumb role:

"It worked fine yesterday, and now it wont even turn on. I have no idea what happened!"

leave the battery out overnight, then put it back in tomorrow before you go to vzw.

also, try pluggin it in to ac with battery out, then reinsert battery and attempt to turn on by pressing the power or the soft reset button.

Guest bornl33t

Do you have inshurance? IF so don't take the phone with you, claim it was lost. Also try various power on options like sugjested. Try plug in without batt, then insert batt... try plug in insert batt unplug... weird things may work.

I'm sorry about the crash...not sure what happened because yours in one in 100 good flashes...maybe post what driver/flsh utility vers/os/ etc. you are using maybe we can narrow it down?

Edited by bornl33t

Guest ren74

Woot just flashed and everything works great (havent tried gps yet)

anyone try SPB or reg edit to get rid of dumb samsung widget yet?